Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Thanks Mary and Troch.  Pain mode EXACTLY!  I know I did not sign up for this.  Oh let me rewind the years.

I so wish we could all do that GP, I would even be happy if the withdrawal was just easier or shorter for everyone.  In April, I will be withdrawing as long as I took it.  Sucks.    :(

Pain everyday does suck! I agree. I good today. Some psin but not to bad. My head seems clear. Thank god! Hope the pain eases up for you guys as the day goes on.

Pain everyday does suck! I agree. I good today. Some psin but not to bad. My head seems clear. Thank god! Hope the pain eases up for you guys as the day goes on.

So good to hear your day is going well DD.  You deserve a better day.  I am just tired, pain not bad.  Just not use to getting out and running around 2 days in a row anymore.  I am going to get me a big nap.    :laugh: :laugh:

2 weeks into my hold feeling some old sxs coming up :( will still hold to see if they settle just logging my progress .. how is everyone doing?

Hi Stut,

Brrrr! I took a walk. I usually do ok because im usually sweating.lol. I am feeling cold today. Who knows.  :laugh: You really need to bundleup. 😀😎

I am surprised i feel kind of normal. I hope it lasts..lol. It does wear you out. When you go out. By wed. I will be exhausted. I hardy do anything! Get that nap in. Pace yourself. Ly dd

2 weeks into my hold feeling some old sxs coming up :( will still hold to see if they settle just logging my progress .. how is everyone doing?

Hey Mia, odd symptoms while holding is pretty common, hope they pass quickly.  I am pretty good, thanks for asking, but I have been holding for 2 months.  I guess pretty good is a little much,lol, how about ok, which in withdrawal is pretty good  :).  Mary

Stut- working while tapering is a crap shoot.  I have no idea but as I’ve shared before I live with my 89 year old mother who is all and we have and have always had a very dysfunctional and strained relationship so it makes tapering VERY hard.  Every time I’m away grim her I actually feel better.  When I have time away from her in the house when she is at dialysis I feel like a huge weight is off me.  The second she gets into my car when I pick her up I shut down and feel terrible.  Then just being in this house with her is negative as she is negative and a narcissist.  A lot of childhood issues (sane for therapy) but it makes my recovery seem impossible.  So between that and needing money I’m thinking working my be a good thing.  If I can do it.  I guess as long as I take it tapering a snails pace.  So I’m torn.  But my gut and my heart says try it.  I pray (not promoting religion, it’s just what I personally do) that I be guided.  I know I’ll have to take a very stress-less job as opposed to what I was doing before (working for CEOs in high rise big Fortune 500 companies in downtown LA - which the abuse is what got me on benzos) as I have Benzo brain and don’t function at full cognitive capacity.  So anyways that’s my thing.  And as far as mom I have no sibling support.  Two brothers live far way, sister lives cross country and has stage 4 metastatic cancer with probably (depending on chemo) has a year to 18 months live.  Happy tapering! 

Love,

Meems

Hi kids! Busy day today! Me and Rich took the grandkids to an aquarium, lunch, sled riding and then we did some cookie baking! I am wiped out 😴 I hope everyone around here had a good day with those pesky sxs not being to bothersome.

Hope the ladies of the LHSG are thinking on those bridesmaids dresses.. I'm thinking we should all go in the bird dress.. We'll be the benzo buddie bird bridesmaids BBBB'S 😂

Hey twinny if you read this give us your opinion.. and it was me in the dress can't posted  >:D😉😘 😁

Hi kids! Busy day today! Me and Rich took the grandkids to an aquarium, lunch, sled riding and then we did some cookie baking! I am wiped out 😴 I hope everyone around here had a good day with those pesky sxs not being to bothersome.

Hope the ladies of the LHSG are thinking on those bridesmaids dresses.. I'm thinking we should all go in the bird dress.. We'll be the benzo buddie bird bridesmaids BBBB'S 😂

Hey twinny if you read this give us your opinion.. and it was me in the dress can't posted  >:D😉😘 😁

Hey Trish, what a day girlfriend, I would be so exhausted.  You are lucky to have so much energy, I'm

jealous  :D

Stut- working while tapering is a crap shoot.  I have no idea but as I’ve shared before I live with my 89 year old mother who is all and we have and have always had a very dysfunctional and strained relationship so it makes tapering VERY hard.  Every time I’m away grim her I actually feel better.  When I have time away from her in the house when she is at dialysis I feel like a huge weight is off me.  The second she gets into my car when I pick her up I shut down and feel terrible.  Then just being in this house with her is negative as she is negative and a narcissist.  A lot of childhood issues (sane for therapy) but it makes my recovery seem impossible.  So between that and needing money I’m thinking working my be a good thing.  If I can do it.  I guess as long as I take it tapering a snails pace.  So I’m torn.  But my gut and my heart says try it.  I pray (not promoting religion, it’s just what I personally do) that I be guided.  I know I’ll have to take a very stress-less job as opposed to what I was doing before (working for CEOs in high rise big Fortune 500 companies in downtown LA - which the abuse is what got me on benzos) as I have Benzo brain and don’t function at full cognitive capacity.  So anyways that’s my thing.  And as far as mom I have no sibling support.  Two brothers live far way, sister lives cross country and has stage 4 metastatic cancer with probably (depending on chemo) has a year to 18 months live.  Happy tapering! 

Love,

Meems

Wow Meems that sounds really hard. I'm sorry you have to deal with all of that. I was so stressed with my boyfriend around, After 2 years of benzo w/d with him I finally realized that he was making me worse and I left him. What a huge relief it was to get away from that negative energy. I know you can't do this with your mother, sending you love and support~

Meems, I agree with OK.  That sounds so hard.  I am so sorry about your sister.  You will know what is right for you.  Sending you love, health, and some peace.  LY, Mary 💜💜💜

Thanks Mary and OK.  Ya living with my mom or at least being around her so much is not helping me recover and is making my tapering very very hard.  Tapering without stress is hard enough.  I’ll see what the universe has in store for me and if I do go back to work I know I got you guys. 

:smitten:

Meems, I agree with OK.  That sounds so hard.  I am so sorry about your sister.  You will know what is right for you.  Sending you love, health, and some peace.  LY, Mary 💜💜💜

Same here meems so sorry that you're having to deal with your mom and your poor sister, how heartbreaking ☹️.. you have friend's here and we all will support you. Hang in there girl.. Things are bound to get better. ❤️

TT :mybuddy:

Hey Trish, what a day girlfriend, I would be so exhausted.  You are lucky to have so much energy, I'm

Oh don't be jealous mmmmm's, we love them dearly so we push ourselves. I struggled with the crowds yesterday at the aquarium and I got a little shaky. Then I collapsed after that text I wrote that text on the couch and went through a bad bout of restless leg and upper body??? Upper body restlessness feels like restless leg but it's in my shoulders.. Oh so freakin bizarre I tell you🤦‍♀️.. What has this drug done to me!? :tickedoff:🤪

Hi all,

Got the Lyme's test results: no active Lyme's, so no treatment.  Though some of my symptoms could come from Lyme's,  they said. But anyway,  no antibiotics.

The tests included running a test on the heart: turns out there's an issue with my heart: Brachycardia. I read about it a while back, as being a possible wd symptom. Googled it: it is a side effect of Diazepam!  Valium slows everything in your body down, it said. My heart does 60 bpm, which I thought was perfect, but could now be a bit slow. Tests will follow. Many people on Diazepam might have it, without knowing. Crazy, right?

This Thursday I 'm seeing a ortho Dr. about the pain in my leg and hip.

Tomorrow it's back to the psychologist ' s again. So no time to get bored. But more stress. I hate it.

My day is getting better as usual,  now that the afternoon is here. It's sunny and mild,  might take that walk after all.

Hope you're feeling OK.

Hey go, were are our bridesmaids dresses. I love your style. So original and fearless! Lol. L ;D

Thanks Pebbles.  I thought I was fearless too but Stut was not impressed.  I think she fired me. Though Trishy liked the bird hat dress for bridesmaids.

Thanks Mary and OK.  Ya living with my mom or at least being around her so much is not helping me recover and is making my tapering very very hard.  Tapering without stress is hard enough.  I’ll see what the universe has in store for me and if I do go back to work I know I got you guys. 

:smitten:

You have a lot going on behind the scenes Meems.  I know how had it is to be a caregiver for an elderly mother.  Mine had severe dementia.  I wasn’t tapering at the time, still trying to figure out what was wrong with me.  ER kept saying anxiety.  Try to rest when she’s at her dialysis.  Love to you sweetie.  :smitten:

Troch,  I thought 60s was good.  Mine is usually 56 but lower at night.  Maybe because I’ve been out it for too long.  Glad you don’t have Lymes!

Guinea Pig,  yes, no Lyme's,  one less thing to worry about.

This is what lots of benzo users are going through or have been going through,  countless tests and they all came back negative. But always new symptoms pop up and the whole circus starts over again. I guess we all have anxiety as one of the worst issues,  pain being another.

The GP was always pleased with my 60 bpm and stable blood pressure. About 3 months ago I had palpitations for a couple of hours. Had it checked by the GP the next day: all was fine. Hardly any palpitations since. I read that many people have them when tapering.

Anyway, just have to wait and see. Doesn't seem to be too serious, or they would have notified me sooner. The test was done in November.

Today I feel so awful.  Dizzy when standing, back and head hurt.  I have to run errands and get my hair done.  I can’t believe I have to drive.  Maybe I’ll feel better in a few hours. It’s cold and the dogs need a walk.  Feeling puny. 

Yes Troch, tapering is a dreadful experience.  I wish the Pdocs got to experience this too.

Oh don't be jealous mmmmm's, we love them dearly so we push ourselves. I struggled with the crowds yesterday at the aquarium and I got a little shaky. Then I collapsed after that text I wrote that text on the couch and went through a bad bout of restless leg and upper body??? Upper body restlessness feels like restless leg but it's in my shoulders.. Oh so freakin bizarre I tell you🤦‍♀️.. What has this drug done to me!? :tickedoff:🤪

I get shaky when I get really tired too, but mine is more just regular shaky, hands tremble, things like that.  Damn, I wish our gaba receptors and all involved healed quicker.  Love you Too Many 💜💜💜

[57...]