Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

This is kind of magical.

7iojYwS.jpg

This is rather special

HDwXhiV.jpg

This proudly shows off your benzo belly

BUT THIS.  This will completely keep all eyes on the bride and make it an event to remember forever

IAtpnDE.jpg

Pretty speechless on these dresses but the third one has me singing " Mary had a Little lamb"🤔.. to think it's been lost all these years and now it's found on BB of all places :laugh: :laugh:

I'll take the cake and eat it too dress, I must make her alterations which means I'll have to eat all the cupcakes to make it fit her :2funny: :2funny: let the wedding begin  :D:laugh:

Hey guys- Happy Sunday!  Those are some quite unique wedding dresses I must say.  Yesterday I had Benzo flu.  I’ve held since Jan 5 back at 5 Mg.  Tried to dry cut from 5 to 4.5 not realizing it was a 10% cut.  Oh, it hit me hard.  Anyways, I am obsessed now with tapering.  I’m still going to hold a bit when I resume my taper I will attempt a daily micro taper but have no clue how to do it.  Now idea how to do math.  Anyways I’m getting WAY ahead of myself.  I don’t understand how you all are doing it and doing formulas and math and being able to convert it all that.  I’m feeling pretty alone today.  How do you guys do it?  Not obsess on your taper and symptoms? 

~meems

Hey memes I suck at math too! I dry cut though and I think I'll stay that way the whole way through. No matter how you do it it won't be sxs free imo. Don't get down on yourself girl, this is very challenging trying to get off this drug. It's baby steps and it's going to take a lot longer than we want unfortunately, however if you go slow enough you can probably be functional. That's what I shoot for at least, although tapering has given me some knock out punches and I have learned what I can handle and to be very alert to what my body is telling me. Like right now I'm not even thinking about cutting bci have some mild pots like sxs so I'll wait until that's gone and then I'll go back at it very slowly again. You gotta feel your way through and listen to your body when it comes to getting off this poison. What gives me hope is I look where I was and where I am now and see my progress so I know it's doable. There are so many who have blazed this trail and we have to hold onto their success and know we can do it too!💪

TT ♥️

These dresses are making me crave wedding cake 🍰

That’s Trishy, I just want my taper to be where I am as functional as possible.  I know I won’t not have any symptoms but I have so much stress in my life and I think I’m going to have to get a job.  I no longer get disability money and I’m running out.  So that’s why I want to slowly do a micro taper at a small rate and have absolutely have no idea.  I do use a scale for dry cuts but don’t know how much to cut that would equal, say, .001 a day.  I don’t care if takes me two years I just need to be as functional as I can be to possibly hold down a job.  I think money is weighing on me.  What is POTS symptoms?

Meems, we do obsess about symptoms and tapering, it is always there, some of us have been around longer and we may not talk about it as much, but it's never gone, so don't blame yourself for it.  Finding the right taper and amount is not easy, I use to cut  and hold, my body didn't like it, I went to daily liquid micro taper with whole milk , my body liked much better, until it didn't, now I do Liquid Diazapam.  I am holding right now, so we will see how it does when I begin tapering again. 

Lots of people loved the Jim Hawks equation.  Don't worry, when you are ready to move forward again, people on the titration thread will help you do and understand the math.  You can ask them as many questions as you need too.  Don't ever feel alone.  When you do start tapering again, start at a low dose, say 5% a month, if you do really well, you can always increase it.  Think of it as a symptom taper.  Hope you feel better soon Meems.  We are always here to discuss things with and run by ;)

LY, Mary 💜💜

This is kind of magical.

7iojYwS.jpg

This is rather special

HDwXhiV.jpg

BUT THIS.  This will completely keep all eyes on the bride and make it an event to remember forever

IAtpnDE.jpg

Pretty speechless on these dresses but the third one has me singing " Mary had a Little lamb"🤔.. to think it's been lost all these years and now it's found on BB of all places :laugh: :laugh:

I'll take the cake and eat it too dress, I must make her alterations which means I'll have to eat all the cupcakes to make it fit her :2funny: :2funny: let the wedding begin  :D:laugh:

The first one looks like it was made for wealthy octopus 🐙  :D.      The third one sang out chastity , in loud voice  :2funny: :2funny:  The second one, well, I haven't found words for yet.  :laugh: :laugh:

Mary-  Ursula could definitely wear that dress!

KRtwfha.jpg

The last one looks like a woman's product to me!  Oops I shouldn't be criticizing my own choices!

These dresses are making me crave wedding cake 🍰

That’s Trishy, I just want my taper to be where I am as functional as possible.  I know I won’t not have any symptoms but I have so much stress in my life and I think I’m going to have to get a job.  I no longer get disability money and I’m running out.  So that’s why I want to slowly do a micro taper at a small rate and have absolutely have no idea.  I do use a scale for dry cuts but don’t know how much to cut that would equal, say, .001 a day.  I don’t care if takes me two years I just need to be as functional as I can be to possibly hold down a job.  I think money is weighing on me.  What is POTS symptoms?

I get it meems. It's so hard to taper when we have stress in our life of one kind or another. I worked for awhile while tapering and I did fine, you will too if you have to go back to work. I think if you find the taper rate at which you can stand with generous holds in between you'll be able to work and taper.

Pots stands for postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome. Many people here tapering have had these complicated sxs. To briefly explain what happens is tapering can mess with your autonomic nervous system which controls heart rate, BP, breathing..I have been so incapacitated by these sxs that I had to quit my job. It was like I turned into a 90 yr old woman with severe emphysema. I had chest pressure, severe shortness of breath and my BP was dipping extremely low. My heart rate would go down into the low 40's and my BP would go so low I was close to passing out but thankfully never did. The worst of this for me was air hunger, wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I couldn't walk more than a few steps and I was out of breathe. I'd wake in the middle of the night struggling to get air, now that was scary! Anyway you get the jist.. If you want to know more about it you can type in pots in the search and a bunch of posts from all over BB will come up about it. It's no joke and no fun! Thankfully with a 3 month hold it all went away but I started tapering again in October I think and then another cut in late December and now I have mild pots like sxs but nothing compared to when I was going faster than my body could handle. So hope that explains it somewhat.

BTW I don't use a scale although I have, I mostly cut a accurately as I can by eye.

This is kind of magical.

7iojYwS.jpg

This is rather special

HDwXhiV.jpg

IAtpnDE.jpg

The first one looks like it was made for wealthy octopus 🐙  :D.      The third one sang out chastity , in loud voice  :2funny: :2funny:  The second one, well, I haven't found words for yet.  :laugh: :laugh:

Second one ALBINO 🍍 PINEAPPLE :2funny: :2funny:

Mary-  Ursula could definitely wear that dress!

KRtwfha.jpg

The last one looks like a woman's product to me!  Oops I shouldn't be criticizing my own choices!

Damn, an Octopus that almost looks like me  :laugh: :laugh:

BUT, the 2nd one has deep pockets!!!!  Doesn't anyone like the one for benzo belly?

I haven't found the right words yet  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

BUT, the 2nd one has deep pockets!!!!  Doesn't anyone like the one for benzo belly?

I think we should named it the benzo belly envy dress 👏😂

I'll tell ya what if she's got a whole bunch of benzos in that belly I'll be standing there with a catchers mit on when she gives birth bc I need to build my stash up!  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

I'll tell ya what if she's got a whole bunch of benzos in that belly I'll be standing there with a catchers mit on when she gives birth bc I need to build my stash up!  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Oh, that's gross  :laugh: :laugh:

Ahaaa! 🤣🤣

DD, I wore my enso out for a long walk and some shopping today.  Was in some pain when I got home, but over all was very pleased.  Got to wear one more hour today, to get in my four!!  Yay!!

How are you today?  LY, MM. 💜💜

Wow mm!

That is awesome!  Ahhhh. You went out twice and shopping! This is good news. I am so happy. It can only get better 🥰 the sun and fresh air and being a less to do things is so good for you. 4 hrs.  :thumbsup: I am good. Just very sleepy. Maybe it's the thyroid med increase. No motivation. I need to get my butt out the door and walk more..lol  love you dd  :smitten: :smitten:

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning Troch l really hope things ease of for you.l know a lot of people tend to find mornings very difficult l myself tend to be worse in the afternoon.l am glad you have found a nice therapist it is important to find someone that we have a connection with.l really hope she has a good working knowledge of health anxiety and can help you cope with the fear.love to you.X

. Morning GP thank you for all your hard work as much as l would be thrilled to wear all of those my friends here know that a long time ago our friend Can't hacked my computer and posted a picture of me in my wedding dress 😤. Now my twiny tried to say it was her however we know l am the better looking one.Now stop raiding your wardrobe and get the bridesmaids sorted.l hope you are doing better? love you.X

Morning Lady Mary you really never disappoint me 🤔😂. Now honey there are 12 inches in a foot and l am 2 inches taller than 4 foot 9 inches so that makes me?😳😳😳.Awe forget it l am 4 foot 11 inches.Sometimes our King says l am 4 foot 9 just for a laugh or maybe he is just a bit dumb.Anyway l am so happy you were out and about and the enso it helping that is excellent.Onward and upward my love.You deserve it.love you my lady Mary HenX

Morning Trish you know the drill by now.l think we all have withdrawal symptoms that will guide us.l know this is going to take a long time however you will get there in the end.What a partay that will be.Love you my lST X

Morning Meems l really hope you get a job that allows you to continue your taper.lt is a mixed bag on this forum regarding work.Some people find working helps them.l really hope you are one of those people.love to you.X

Morning Janice were you there ?😵l wondered who that was lurking in the corner 😧. I hope you are feeling ok honey.love you.X

Morning Suzy l hope you get out for your walk today.Our temperature is a bit like yours at the moment.l go out with about 6 layers on me.lt is slightly warmer today but not by much.love you.X

Morning Intend Gilly Valley Free Olive Bill NJ Nova Miyu Esperanza Final and everyone here sending you my love.X

Hi Stut,  anxiety is not my major issue,  pain is. But there will be a connection,  I 'm sure. My ability to walk is getting worse almost by the day. This has me worried the most. This afternoon I will hear the results of the Lyme's tests. Muscles still getting tighter. Walking is becoming problematic. Lyme's, Fibromyalgia, muscle disease, tapering off? No idea. Sometimes feeling hopeless.

Much pain.  Last night I tried my first attempt at 5 mg Ambien.  Everything hurts.  My brain, eyes, stomach.  Just plain ouch.  I hope it will settle so I can stay on this.  If so, then a very long hold before I attempt anything with my lorazepam.  Baby steps.

Much pain.  Last night I tried my first attempt at 5 mg Ambien.  Everything hurts.  My brain, eyes, stomach.  Just plain ouch.  I hope it will settle so I can stay on this.  If so, then a very long hold before I attempt anything with my lorazepam.  Baby steps.

I am so sorry you are in so much pain, it totally makes life miserable.  Baby steps is right.  LY, GP

Mary 💜💜💜

Hi, Guinea Pig,  we're in the same boat. Many people on BB are in a lot of pain.

Sometimes I even feel pain without being able to pinpoint where it hurts. But just in "pain mode". Aghh.

[97...]