Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hi Janice,

I had that really bad for a long time. I had terrible thoughts. I had to keep telling myself no it is not true and direct myself to something else fast. It seems to have lost its power. It was horrible but ot got better. Sometimes I get it occasionally if I think of it again but I tey not to go there. It mostly haooened on the xanax and the interdose wd. Aling with tremors. That sucked. Anyway, that is so cute tou sleep with dolls. I have done that before too. Lol. Yoy will meet someone when the time is right. I should slip Jim something. He is home and already in an angry mood.  :tickedoff: love you Suzy

Hi Janice,

I had that really bad for a long time. I had terrible thoughts. I had to keep telling myself no it is not true and direct myself to something else fast. It seems to have lost its power. It was horrible but ot got better. Sometimes I get it occasionally if I think of it again but I tey not to go there. It mostly haooened on the xanax and the interdose wd. Aling with tremors. That sucked. Anyway, that is so cute tou sleep with dolls. I have done that before too. Lol. Yoy will meet someone when the time is right. I should slip Jim something. He is home and already in an angry mood.  :tickedoff: love you Suzy

:smitten: :smitten:

Tell Jim we're keeping an eye on him.  8)

Hey RR and VNM,

There is an updosing support group, that might  be a good place to post those studies?

VNM, I sleep every night with a tiger and a cookie pillow.. I even take them to Portland with me.. ha! Whatever works. My bf does not seem to mind..

Suzy, I'm sorry about your muscle pain, you deserve a big big window! Love you all

Hey guys in the LHSG!

I have written an email to a benzo-wise counsellor in Victoria, South East Australia.

She told me that most people coming off benzos hold for 2-4 months minimum before making any changes to their dose.

I've taken too many "rescue doses" lately and need to stabilise, so I think a 2-4 month hold is doing me really good.

Dave.  8)

Thank you Mary for welcoming me. Please dont exclude me because of not being benzo user. But I am a holder like you on Remeron and dont wanna go to any other med. I am just looking for support as everybody does. i am already taking support from remeron thread. I want to ask you that i quit 3 ssri in low dosages after 15 days and i have turned the 7th month and i am holding rem it for app. 4 month. I didn't take this kind of anx. in the acute. Is it an anx. wave to you?

Juneight, anyone who's holding anything is welcome here as far as I'm concerned. I came off lexapro twice and the second one was hell. I KNOW that apart from the benzo crash I had last June, a lot of my sxs are lexapro related in spite of having finished my horrible four year taper last April. You hold for as long as you need, that's how I tapered the lexapro the second time. I mean imagine, four years. But I'm glad I did it so slowly, otherwise I'd be even worse than I am now. I really hope you find relief through holding. Welcome  :)

I agree with VNM.  I tapered Remeron for 2 years and Lamictal for 3.  Remeron is a powerful medication and you are taking care of yourself by noticing what your body needs right now.

Thanks for your invaluable support. I want to communicate with you Mary, VNM and final healing. One question is also that i saw lots of people who CTd or fast tapered benzos and had lots of sxs after that. These people get stability after 6-7 months and start remeron taper. I have never quit benzo nor had too many sxs. My most noticeable sx was severe intense pressure and anxiety after CT. Although i haven't had intense sxs like those people, after 7 months i am getting an anxiety wave and i feel some movements in my inner head. Is this normal?

Thank you Mary for welcoming me. Please dont exclude me because of not being benzo user. But I am a holder like you on Remeron and dont wanna go to any other med. I am just looking for support as everybody does. i am already taking support from remeron thread. I want to ask you that i quit 3 ssri in low dosages after 15 days and i have turned the 7th month and i am holding rem it for app. 4 month. I didn't take this kind of anx. in the acute. Is it an anx. wave to you?

Juneight, anyone who's holding anything is welcome here as far as I'm concerned. I came off lexapro twice and the second one was hell. I KNOW that apart from the benzo crash I had last June, a lot of my sxs are lexapro related in spite of having finished my horrible four year taper last April. You hold for as long as you need, that's how I tapered the lexapro the second time. I mean imagine, four years. But I'm glad I did it so slowly, otherwise I'd be even worse than I am now. I really hope you find relief through holding. Welcome  :)

I agree with VNM.  I tapered Remeron for 2 years and Lamictal for 3.  Remeron is a powerful medication and you are taking care of yourself by noticing what your body needs right now.

Thanks for your invaluable support. I want to communicate with you Mary, VNM and final healing. One question is also that i saw lots of people who CTd or fast tapered benzos and had lots of sxs after that. These people get stability after 6-7 months and start remeron taper. I have never quit benzo nor had too many sxs. My most noticeable sx was severe intense pressure and anxiety after CT. Although i haven't had intense sxs like those people, after 7 months i am getting an anxiety wave and i feel some movements in my inner head. Is this normal?

Since I have never used remeron, I am going to let Vali or Final, answer this question  :)

Morning LHSG'ers,

Just a pop in to say hello and wish everyone here a good day.

I've been very busy as usual. Love the holidays but looking forward to some quiet. My granddaughter has a snow day today so I'm watching her. She's a love so I don't mind. She had her first dance recital last night, it was absolutely adorable watching the little ones perform lol! Too cute for words 😍

Ok well I'm out again it's time to color according to my granddaughter 😁

Wishing you all a sxs free day.. I hope the benzo beast gives everyone a break.

Ps thanks for the responses when I was ranting over my adult son and his wife fighting. I think I will try bet hard to stay out of it despite them always dragging me into it. I will simply tell them it's not my business and to fight in their own home where I can't hear it! 😜

Love to all,

TT too many T'S on Tuesday!  :laugh: :laugh:

I think that rebound anxiety is a common withdrawal symtom for Remeron.  It's a medication used for sleep and appetite, stimulation, so as you taper that anxiety pops up. Are the vibrations in your head, brain saps? These feel like electrical zaps  in the brain. Also quite common in withdrwal though I am not sure why they happen.

Does anyone have a safe antibiotic list?  I’m getting worse and see a Dr at 2pm today. Don’t know if he will Rx antibiotics but just want to make sure he doesn’t give me something bad.  All I know is no flouriquinils. And yes I searched safe antibiotics.  I thought there was a list somewhere

Hi GP,  saw a list here on BB earlier today,  but can't seem to find it now... But I'm certain Amoxicilline was on it. So that's a safe one to use. Hope you get well again soon.

I think that rebound anxiety is a common withdrawal symtom for Remeron.  It's a medication used for sleep and appetite, stimulation, so as you taper that anxiety pops up. Are the vibrations in your head, brain saps? These feel like electrical zaps  in the brain. Also quite common in withdrwal though I am not sure why they happen.

Not like brain zaps, but some movements like something goes from one point to another. Brain zaps were in the first days of ct. Do you think my anx. is largely because of ct or initial fast pace of tapering. One more thing, i have been holding more than 3 months. Have you ever lived this kind of anx.? I have lived bad kind of anx. steadily in this process but last one months anx. with these movs harder than any.

Not like brain zaps, but some movements like something goes from one point to another. Brain zaps were in the first days of ct. Do you think my anx. is largely because of ct or initial fast pace of tapering. One more thing, i have been holding more than 3 months. Have you ever lived this kind of anx.? I have lived bad kind of anx. steadily in this process but last one months anx. with these movs harder than any.

Its only my opinion and experience, but anxiety is part of tapering and definitely part of CT.  You also had some other medications in your background like I have as well.  I dont know if the anxiety will go away completely, it's a matte of how much you can handle  during your taper.  One of the side effects of Remeron is anxiety.

One of the things I've learned to do is research side effects of my medication, which are different from withdrawal. Sometimes the symtoms of both overlap.

I am having lots anxiey now in my benzo taper, which alternates with depression.  I've had depression since the beginning of my taper but the anxiery is new.

Morning LHSG'ers,

Just a pop in to say hello and wish everyone here a good day.

I've been very busy as usual. Love the holidays but looking forward to some quiet. My granddaughter has a snow day today so I'm watching her. She's a love so I don't mind. She had her first dance recital last night, it was absolutely adorable watching the little ones perform lol! Too cute for words 😍

Ok well I'm out again it's time to color according to my granddaughter 😁

Wishing you all a sxs free day.. I hope the benzo beast gives everyone a break.

Ps thanks for the responses when I was ranting over my adult son and his wife fighting. I think I will try bet hard to stay out of it despite them always dragging me into it. I will simply tell them it's not my business and to fight in their own home where I can't hear it! 😜

Love to all,

TT too many T'S on Tuesday!  :laugh: :laugh:

Love you 2, 2 Many T's on 2uesday, MM.  💜💜💜

Thanks Troch.  I am definitely trying to find that list.  I always see it then lose it.

Amoxicillin should be safe.

GP here's the list.

http://w-bad.org/reactions-setbacks/

I haven't been able to read anything, I just opened and saw GPS question. I'll catch up as soon as I can. Love to all of you long holders.

Juneight I know nothing about remeron but unfortunately I had to learn about Lexapro for four long years. They both act on serotonin receptors so they might have some things in common, or not, no idea.

I'll tell you about Lexapro. Something very very common was people coming off the Lexapro, being OK, and suddenly after five month having horrible withdrawal symptoms. This is quite often seen in the fb support group and in SA. As for late reinstatement of Lexapro, this is the worst idea ever. I've seen late reinstatement of Lexapro go terribly wrong for a few people and unfortunately I don't know if they'll get well. This is what I know about Lexapro, not remeron, but I thought I'd mention it. Late delayed withdrawal sxs were common to appear after five months. FWIW, I did an extremely slow taper the second time around, and now, seven month later, I'm still having Lex wds. They're different from the benzo. It feels like an electric current suddenly washes over my whole body. I think you're right to hold your drugs, all your drugs, and given the constant your brain will eventually develop some stability. This is what I hope for you and for all of us in this group. We're not well, but I absolutely know we could be worse.

Hey guys in the LHSG!

I have written an email to a benzo-wise counsellor in Victoria, South East Australia.

She told me that most people coming off benzos hold for 2-4 months minimum before making any changes to their dose.

I've taken too many "rescue doses" lately and need to stabilise, so I think a 2-4 month hold is doing me really good.

Dave.  8)

Crowmann I'm glad you found a good benzo wise counselor. Yes, definitely holding for a few months is much better than taking rescue doses. You need to take exactly the same dose every day and no rescue doses. Your brain needs stability. I'm an ex rescue doser and I learned the hard way. Welcome to the LHSG. Your posts might get lost in the chat sometimes, but insist and eventually someone will answer. Glad you found us.

Hey guys, sorry, first time on Long Hold today, I keep posts on what antibiotics we can take in my progress log if you need it.  I want it available fast just incase.  My progress log is called "stuff"  ;)

I keep it mainly for stuff like this.......help yourself to any information in there that you might need.

Love you all, Mary 💜💜

[01...]