Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

RR if they take a whole year to listen to a molecular biologist, the rest of us don't stand a chance.

I see you've really studied this thoroughly. How long do you think the window to make an updose lasts. I think I should've updosed immediately when I crashed. Maybe after 45 days it's been no use anyway.

I know little about all this other than my own experience and reading all the posts I can. As klonopin also has a long half life, maybe you are suffering from previous cuts, not just the last one, and you might consider to updose a bit more, but then we have the fear of kindling... This is maybe the most difficult decision in this process. After what I went through I'm more scared of glutamate damage than of dose corrections. There were good posts on the topics by a buddy called SG57. He's no longer here. If you type his nick on the search bar the posts come up. You've probably read them already as you're a veteran here.

Hi all, FYI,  the window has been closed again. Not even sure it was a Window. Maybe it was just like Val said, a morning with little or no symptoms. Probably the result of a very good sleep! ( The only real Window I had so far lasted three days.)  Anyway,  I enjoyed this improvement while it lasted. And now it's back to the harsh reality of being a benzo victim.  Hope your day is a good one, without any fears... 8)

PS. I like the way VNM notes down her days! Saves a lot of time!  Might steal that one...

Hey guys,

I'm sorry so many of you are having it really rough. Trust me I relate to each and every one of you. I've been down and I've been punched, kicked and tortured from benzo wd. It is by far the most challenging thing I have ever faced. I am only living it up as best as I can bc I don't know when my next "beating" will come. The long timers around here know this very well about me. I've had panic and anxiety that has been off the charts! Sweats, dizziness, brain fog, headaches, inner tremors and vibrations, feelings of being electrocuted, dp and dr , mood swings, insomnia, breathlessness, chest pressure, fast heart rate, low heart rate, high BP, low BP, depression, that made me think about wanting to kill myself and I'm sure there's more but you all get the picture. I just want you all to know that even though I'm feeling good right now I am still in those trenches with you! This is absolute hell to go through. So listen my friend's when those windows come and they will you better grab whatever life you can get your hands on! Get out of the house and do things you love.. And if you can't remember what you used to love before this god forsaken nightmare find new things that interest you. Life is too short so when I feel good I'm out there doing as much as I possibly can bc I know that benzo devil will be back at my heels again. I'm already trying to push thoughts out of my head about another 12 months of tapering ahead of me. I was just thinking this morning that this is my second Christmas here at the LHSG and it's not going to be my last! I'm sure I'll have at least 2 more here. So my friend's be patient while waiting for those windows to open up wide and when they do take in big deep breaths and live, live, live! Life is beautiful, life is a gift and as much as we hate suffering , especially me, it's also part of life.

Sending up those prayers guys 🙏

Love to all of you ♥️

TT wishing on all those 🌠's for sweet, beautiful Windows for all of you. That's my Christmas wish 🌠🙏

Thank you Trishy for your post.  I too may be here next year and wvwn though I had a few good days, I feel very down today.  I actually feel overmedicated and it's so frustrating. 

I'm sorry you have gone though what you have and I'm glad you have good periods now to enjoy life. 

Hi all, FYI,  the window has been closed again. Not even sure it was a Window. Maybe it was just like Val said, a morning with little or no symptoms. Probably the result of a very good sleep! ( The only real Window I had so far lasted three days.)  Anyway,  I enjoyed this improvement while it lasted. And now it's back to the harsh reality of being a benzo victim.  Hope your day is a good one, without any fears... 8)

PS. I like the way VNM notes down her days! Saves a lot of time!  Might steal that one...

Troch, there is a Progress Log on here if you would like to start one.  It's just for you, people aren't suppose to comment, you can track your days and symptoms, copy and paste things you want to remember or think it might help you at some point.  I keep a notebook and use my progress log for things I think are really good posts or information.  Just incase you are interested. 

Hi Mmm,

I am so behind! Lots of posts today. I was judt trying to read through them. I love you too. The holidays feel empty this year. I gerl ok. Took a walk and did the regular stretching. I think its a little better.  Its hard to tell. I dont think I have windows either.  I always have sx. I do have good days and am able to get out everyday. Its not easy butb once I get out it i feel ok. Who knows I think once we are off the poison the real ones will come. Hoe are you? I hope that migraine is gone.  Hope the workers with the saw are gone. Poor little sly and you too ly dd ❤❣

Aww Tt;

That was a nice post. You have been through hell. I am eo glad you have been getting out and enjoying life . I am sm happy you have new kittens.  They bring such happiness and fun into your life. You brought tears to my eyes too! Have a great day and dont spend to much money lol  ;D ly.dd

Wow this place is really growing!  Hi everyone

Didn’t sleep well last night. Morning headaches. My bp is 120/85 and my temp is 99.1

I don’t know if it’s the up and down weather or the med changes.  Pretty frustrating these drugs.  If they only behaved like all of the other meds so you could gage your recovery.

Hey Vali, maybe Baldy is on BB too!  Could be why he’s always on computer.  ;D

Throch,

So glad you had a window. Yay!  :thumbsup:

Hey Janice,

Hope you have a good time with your mother and daughter today! Hope your sx arent too bad. I am doing this and just had some weird brain fog. Woah. 8 couldnt 3ven figure out how to spell the word "once" omg. That was so weird. Ly Suzy

Hope everyone is doing ok. I will be back when I can spell and think. Lol

Throch,

So glad you had a window. Yay!  :thumbsup:

Hey Janice,

Hope you have a good time with your mother and daughter today! Hope your sx arent too bad. I am doing this and just had some weird brain fog. Woah. 8 couldnt 3ven figure out how to spell the word "once" omg. That was so weird. Ly Suzy

Hope everyone is doing ok. I will be back when I can spell and think. Lol

Suzy dear I'm sorry you have the headache and that you forget basic stuff. I have both those symptoms too. And imagine, I'm here teaching English  :laugh:

I bet baldy isn't on BBs. Here there are no Spaniards. My poor fellow citizens are trusting their doctors due to the language barrier. I wonder how many people are homebound here, put on eight different meds and being told it's all their "underlying anxiety". It makes me wanna cry, or kill someone, or both.

I completely umde6rstand Janice. The whole thing makes me so sick and angry. There is no excuse for this. I wonder how many years this crap has been going on. I makes we want to flip out on someone. Ugh. That was a scary momwnt. That happened to me at work begore I gpt layef off. Omg it was scary. It jasnt really japoenef in a while. Maybe i ealked to much. 3 days in a row 30 min. This is so stupid I cant even believe it. Guess you are supposed to work up slowly with excercise. Till you are less symtomatic. Yoy body will adjust little by slowly without ramping up sx. If that is even true.  Ahhhh

Do I have to go to the doctors?  I don’t want to!

Music therapy and loud singing has commenced.  I’m going to beat this.....

Keep using your heating pad Pebbles.  It’s the best thing for pain and improved blood flow.

Valiumnomore,  a good cry is fine, but I wouldn't suggest shooting anyone, appealing as it may seem!  :angel:>:D

Yes Troschetter I'll avoid murdering anyone. Mainly because in prison they'd cold turkey me off Valium  :-\

Thanks gp!! Lol. I am on it now. You sound much better. You teally should go to the dr. Just to put your mind at ease. I know it sucks.  I hate going too. Ly Pebbles

GP we need to stay alive too. If there's something that could be not withdrawal we need to check it as much as we hate to go to the drs. If you go for things unrelated to benzos and don't talk about benzos, they're usually OK.

Yes Suzy there's no excuse for this mess.

maybe its just a UTI.  They cause horrible sxs.  Gosh I don't want to go!

For you Pebbles:

gIGT1p1.jpg

OMG, that is perfect for you Pebbles  :2funny: :2funny:

GP, I know you don't want to go to Dr, but if you are worried about your lungs, you just can't take that risk.  Your temp is alittle high, and the last thing you need is pneumonia.  We would be devastated, you are very important to many on bb.  That's why Vali won't let it go.  :).  Yes, we are nagging.

:tickedoff: :tickedoff:  :smitten: :smitten:

Yes GP, Mary's right. And think of those doggies. If you get pneumonia and have to spend a week in the hospital who's going to walk them? And if you hate doctors (and I assume, hospitals), a doctor visit is far better than not going and then having to end up hospitalized. Plus, your horny neighbor would miss you.

[4b...]