Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Thank you for your compliments, ladies. No, my French isn't what it used to be. But I do speak ( and read and white) Frisian ( my native language) , Dutch, English and German. That's one of the benefits of living in a small country. Stut, I am holding, but still find it hard to do. Three months is a long time,  but holding is probably going to be the best thing to do right now. Thank you again for your support. I must say, I really enjoy being a small part of this gang. This threat is by far the most active one on BB,  almost like a chat site.  :smitten:

Thank you Troch l can hardly speak English so you are way ahead of me 😉.I think when you are holding it's beneficial to have people that understand what you are going through and when holding you really do need support from people who have been through this just to let you know that what you are feeling is normal.We also get to know each other pretty well so we can chat more freely.l know you are a great addition to our little group and to be honest l think we also need people who we can trust to guide us through this maze.X

Stutt do you also drink decaf like I do? I think I remember you mentioning coffee. Some people don't even drink decaf. I can't live like that. I drink decaf, have toast with strawberry jam (while I stalk Baldy), then have a protein bar with chocolate in it a couple times a week. It's bad enough I have no real coffee and no alcohol. But no decaf?? People on the boards say no decaf either. I even have artificial sweetener with it, I bet I'm walking on the wild side with that one. I'm worse than Keith Richards for this forum's standards, but I really can't give up all that stuff. Just giving up coffee and alcohol has been such a huge accomplishment for me, that all those other things seem minor. I could be wrong though, but I hope I heal in spite of decaf, artificial sweetener, gluten and some sugar in jam etc. BTW last night I couldn't sleep and I was reading this guy who went into a one whole year setback due to a bit of Magnesium. There was a huge debate. Anyway I'm never trying the magnesium in my cupboard just in case. He kind of convinced me.

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning Lady Mary were they doing a remake of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre 😵? Just keep an eye out for old leather face or as we know him better as King 😉.l hope you have a quieter day my lovely and please control your pup 😏.l hope your m has gone? love you my lady Mary HenX

Morning Suzy yes 17 😵.Do you fancy coming over and giving me a hand 😛.l swear if l could rent a cottage in the middle of nowhere l would do it in a heartbeat.Awe well l can dream.l hope you have a better day today honey.You can do this.love you.X

Morning Final l don't know why you are angry at yourself however l am glad you let it go.l know it doesn't change the withdrawal however l think it is one less thing to focus on.You will get through this honey.love to you.X

Morning Twiny do you not like the kittens?Why do you hate them so much? Whatever floats your boat my love.As long as your happy l'm happy.When are you getting them? Will they be with you for Xmas? love you my LST.X

Morning Intend, Gilly Valley Free Meems Nova Bill Miyu EsperanzaGP Breck and everyone here sending you my love and hoping everyone has a withdrawal free day.X

Yes I loathe them and that's why I'm giving them names you hate  >:D , you tiny little cheeky thing!  :laugh: :laugh:

I had hoped they would be here this weekend but not going to happen. They have to be 2 lbs before they'll take them from the mother. Strict adoption rules but that's ok, I want them to get as much nutrition from the mother as possible.

So I went shopping yesterday and bought them more stuff lol! So far I've bought two beds on Amazon. They are Minnie and Mickey beds, so cute!! :laugh: also bought baby blankets and a stuffed cat that has a heart beat, a microwavable heating pad for them, cute little kitty dishes, toys!! You'd think I had adopted human babies with all they have!  :laugh:

I'll let you know when they come home auntie Stut.. Hopefully very soon! 😻🐾..

What's going on with you twinny? Are you thinking of working again? I think that's fabulous!! It's so nice to hear that you are making plans for yourself. Isn't it wonderful that you're nearing the end of your benzo prison time. I'm so excited for your future, whatever you do I know you'll be " brilliant" as they say over in your neck of the woods.  :)

Love you much,

LST ♥️

Good morning LHSG'ers,

I'd attempt names but I would without a doubt unintentionally leave someone out. Anywho, I just want to wish you all a good day. Hopefully the benzo devil won't be biting too much today. I wish I had more time to spend here, I'm more busier now than when I worked! Go figure...

Sending love to all,

TT ♥️

Ps .. Janice - Walk on that wild side woman! I do! I crack a couple cans of mini diet Cokes a day and I look forward to it! 😉

Hi Stut,

I would love to come over and help.you. You must he ine hell of a cook and multitasker cooking all that food! I am.glad you are thinoing sbout working if that is the secret  :thumbsup: You will be great ay whatever you decide to do. Oh a cottage would be so nice. I can only dream too. Love you Suzy

Hi Janice,

I have been thinking that way too. Every med I took. The ones I am on now, the alcohol. I made switches for years and had add on mefs that I ct because I felt nothing on them.  I even ct benzo yeard ago. I didnt know why I shook fot two months. Now I do. Somehow I ended back on them. I get scared too. I think the antidepressants probably have healed for us. It bothers me becuz it eas always said you just havent found the right combination yet. Well after many yrs I ahould have known I woyldnt. I still believe we will heal. You will. Maybe I wont because of the alcohol. Ahhy. Well I would love to meet you! You are welcome anytime.  I will have send Jim away lol love you Suzy

Hi Troch,

My bones get sore too. I feel like this last few m9nths my.mucles have went through so many stages. Rigid, tight, cracking, popping, achy, sore. All kinds of stsnge things. It is so bizarre. Noyhing surprises me wirh these benzos anymore. Feel better. Ly Suzy

Aww tt,

That is so sweet. I spoil my kittens too. When I had them. I yreated them.like my babies. You will have so much fun with them any too many scratches! But it is worth it. Love you Suzy

Thank you, Suzy! Puts my mind at ease. A little,  anyway.  You know how it is with our Benzo brain. Easily convinced, still faster worried and anxious again. Hope your day is symptom free!

Suzy, sorry I missed your remark about oatmeal.  I do eat it, twice a day actually!  I love it. Used to have nuts, sunflowerseeds, and pumpkinseeds mixed in, but don't do that at the moment,  my IBS was getting worse, so I thought an " oatmeal light" might be a wise thing to do. Enjoy your day!  :thumbsup:

Stut, my Queen  :D. I know you would be good at anything you do, but it definitely needs to be a helping people job, not a physical one, but social in some way.  You just have too much to offer, you can be stern but lovable and dish out advice like nobody's business.  I don't know about Ireland, but we are always short handed in U S for those types of jobs.  I am glad, you are so close, you are thinking of your future.  We all love you so much with a bunch of respect thrown in ;). You are the woman!!  Love you, your Lady Mary x hen....💜💜💜💜💜

Troch, when Cant comes across someone wanting to have a personal friend on bb, usually a newbie  ;) he tells them how chatty Long Hold is , and sends them to us.    :laugh: :laugh:  We will talk to anyone and help in anyway we can.  The group is large right now, lots of chatter  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Mary. How are you doing today? I hope you slept well? Any plans for today? I m over  half way through my day, it's not been that bad so far. Was in the supermarket around nine and just came back from my afternoon walk. Legs hurting, hips and back too, feet ditto,  a bit dizzy,  but it could be worse... :)  And you're right, It is a nice group to be part of. It's very import to have people to talk to, that know what it feels like to be going through this. Hope you enjoy your day. :thumbsup:

Hi Mary. How are you doing today? I hope you slept well? Any plans for today? I m over  half way through my day, it's not been that bad so far. Was in the supermarket around nine and just came back from my afternoon walk. Legs hurting, hips and back too, feet ditto,  a bit dizzy,  but it could be worse... :)  And you're right, It is a nice group to be part of. It's very import to have people to talk to, that know what it feels like to be going through this. Hope you enjoy your day. :thumbsup:

I am starting out pretty decent  ;).  Hoping it lasts.  It's only 8 a m here so will be walking soon.  We are suppose to have a beautiful day.  Glad yours has gone well so far ;).  I use something you might be interested in, it's called a shatki mat.  Can find on Amazon.  First time I laid on it, I thought, OMG, this is going to kill me, but I made myself lay there, and next thing I knew, it was 30 minutes....

I use it everyday and it really helps for a couple hours.  It has helped me cut way down on otc meds.

Just something you can read about ;).  Mary 💜

Mary I just looked that up.. it looks like a torture device! So glad it is working for you though. The reviews are very good. Just waking up here in portland, I hope everyone is doing alright 💗

Omg..I do not know what happened to my mood. I am sorry to bust in here with my problems. I just feel really depressed and sad. I am starting to doubt my muscle and nerve pain is ever going to end. It just is the same everyday. I feel like a loser. I cant work and cant but xmas presents. Jim seems upset or angry all the time. I understand it is hard on him. I dont k ow were this mood came from. Maybe its the teva. The bad co from x to v. The alcohol when i was drinking. Its way to confusing to even figure out. I hate this non linear healing. Maybe i have a disease. Sorry.  I am usually full of hope but this is rediculous. Love Suzy

It will DD.  It just gets us all sometimes, it is just so hard, and the holidays don't help unless you are lucky enough to be feeling good, which most of us aren't.  You have such a wonderful personality, that's all you need to do for Christmas, share that beautiful spirit with others.  Play some games with the kids and everything will be fine....oh you know what I just remembered, my nephew used to love the hard roller inside the wrapping paper.  We saved them for him, and he played sword fighting with everyone all morning  :). They just need your presence, like us  :smitten: :smitten:

Omg..I do not know what happened to my mood. I am sorry to bust in here with my problems. I just feel really depressed and sad. I am starting to doubt my muscle and nerve pain is ever going to end. It just is the same everyday. I feel like a loser. I cant work and cant but xmas presents. Jim seems upset or angry all the time. I understand it is hard on him. I dont k ow were this mood came from. Maybe its the teva. The bad co from x to v. The alcohol when i was drinking. Its way to confusing to even figure out. I hate this non linear healing. Maybe i have a disease. Sorry.  I am usually full of hope but this is rediculous. Love Suzy

DD,  you are not a loser and sometimes we are just plain sad about this process.  From what you have shared about yourself, you do not have a disease.  This is withdrawal.  Add in the holidays, some cold weather and even people not in med withdrawal are feeling the blues.  Losing hope and then getting it back again, is what we all go through on this process. 

You are going to make it off these meds.  You are a good person who is doing her best to get through this awful process. 

You are loved and not alone. 

[28...]