Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Thank you Stut. You manage to lift spirits here on BB every time. Have a good day.

Morning Val. I hope you're feeling OK today.

Awe thank you Troch l hope l help a little.l am glad you are here with us you are a lovely friend to have and l know you will improve as you hold.X

Hi Stut,

It is true. You are so kind and encouraging to all of us. I really appreciate your thoughtful and caring words. I am sorry you are struggling.  I hope it eases soon and you turn a corner. Ypu def deserve a break. I am fine. Just weird dreams. Sleep is like you are awake amd dreaming at the same time

It is not scary kind of interesting. Hope your day goes well and glad to hear sis is improving and little sox too

Love you Suzy

Hi Everyone.

I was in here some months ago.  I have been tapering 8% a month but now I am holding and in acute.

I find the only way through this is to think positive and have gratitude, look for things we are grateful for. 

I often think when in the worst times the phrase "THIS TOO SHALL PASS."  And it will pass.

We will get through this.  Admire all of you for your courage and determination to continue on this journey to get off this stuff.  We will make it.

Kimmie

Hi Everyone.

I was in here some months ago.  I have been tapering 8% a month but now I am holding and in acute.

I find the only way through this is to think positive and have gratitude, look for things we are grateful for. 

I often think when in the worst times the phrase "THIS TOO SHALL PASS."  And it will pass.

We will get through this.  Admire all of you for your courage and determination to continue on this journey to get off this stuff.  We will make it.

Kimmie

Hi Kimmie. I'm glad you found your way back to us. Some here are slowly tapering and I'm holding indefinitely and I'm only resume taper if I really feel better as remaining functional is my priority. I find this is the best group to be in. People here value their lives more than their taper. I'm really hoping the severity of your symptoms decreases soon.

valiumnomore,

Thank you so very much.  I am sure you are aware of how much it means to me that you welcomed me back here and encouraging me.  I hate the holding, but don't have to tell you why I have to for now. 

Yes, it is a good group, very encouraging.  And anyone going through this to get off this awful drug are very strong, courageous and brave persons.

valiumnomore,

Thank you so very much.  I am sure you are aware of how much it means to me that you welcomed me back here and encouraging me.  I hate the holding, but don't have to tell you why I have to for now. 

Yes, it is a good group, very encouraging.  And anyone going through this to get off this awful drug are very strong, courageous and brave persons.

I'm glad you're here with us Hope  :smitten:

Trishy, TaterTot will be in NYC this week too.  I told her to keep an eye out for you and that you would be the one with all of the shopping bags!  ;)

Trishy, TaterTot will be in NYC this week too.  I told her to keep an eye out for you and that you would be the one with all of the shopping bags!  ;)

:laugh: :laugh:

Hello,

Thank you for creating this support group.

Please can anyone who has tried alternative remedies for Estrogen Dominance tell what they think about the following supplement:

DIM Detox by Pure Encapsulations

Ingredients. (containing 7-hydroxymatairesinol) 10 mg, Alpha lipoic acid (thioctic acid) 200 mg, N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine (free-form) 200 mg, Milk thistle (Silybum marianum) extract (seed) (standardized to contain 80% silymarin) 150 mg, L-Methionine (free-form) 200 mg, Glycine (free-form) 100 mg, Taurine (free-form) 100 mg.

I learnt that DIM and Calcium D-Glucarate detox estrogen metabolites.

I think that there are too many other detox agents in this preparation some of which may interact with Clonazepam that I am on or otherwise create metabolic issues for a person carrying snp's.

Any thoughts please?

Thank you in advance.

My heart rate is steadily improving everyday.  I’m only taking half of my blood pressure meds and am at roughly 7.5 Ambien (still holding on lorazepam).

My blood pressure is 115/77 and heart rate 59 bpm.  My heart rate has only dropped to 48 at its lowest during the night.

I’m sleeping so much better and headaches have eased up.  So mornings are a big improvement.  :)

My heart rate is steadily improving everyday.  I’m only taking half of my blood pressure meds and am at roughly 7.5 Ambien (still holding on lorazepam).

My blood pressure is 115/77 and heart rate 59 bpm.  My heart rate has only dropped to 48 at its lowest during the night.

I’m sleeping so much better and headaches have eased up.  So mornings are a big improvement.  :)

GP but this is great! Your ambien taper is working! Please hold now for three months or so, like Stutt says. I'm so happy. Now I'm really looking forward to hearing all about your next musical.

Thanks Val!  I’m pretty sure it will be Riverdance unless something comes in that I just have to go.  There’s also a dinner theater here that has musicals.  I took my Mom when she was at the Assisted Living Facility here.  We went as a group.  I of course loved it, but my Mom wasn’t in to it.  My father never took her to things like that.  I guess I should have started taking her years ago.  My bad.

How are you doing? 

This thread is gold,  as the advice here has really, really helped. I'm closing in on a three month hold and must say, it's gotten better every single month.  There will be days where it's step backward, but overall it's nice to know the CNS is actually catching up. 

GP that dinner theater sounds like a beautiful experience. It's sad that your mum couldn't enjoy it. When's riverdance coming up? I love the theatre but in wd I suffer with crowds. But I still go, for my daughter and because I don't want my whole life to pass me by due to this mess. Today was better, tomorrow who knows? You know how it is...

Breck I'm so glad you're feeling better with your three month hold. I love to see people getting better and I hate to see people getting worse. That's why this is one of my favorite threads. People often get better.

Hello everyone! Just a quick pop in to say hello and to show you all my new kitties. Meet Eli and Peyton. They are named after my two favorite NFL QB's. They are the Manning brother's. Peyton is the female calico and Eli is the tabby male. So that's me in my Avatar holding them. I went to the Foster mom's house today to meet them and I had my daughter come with me and she took the picture. I can't wait to bring my new kitties home! 🤗♥️🐾

Sweet Mary D.. You better pop on and look at these babies!  ;);D

Love and miss you all! I'll be in NYC tomorrow and will light a candle for the LHSG at St Patrick's cathedral.🙏

Hope to catch up and spend more time here soon!

TT ♥️🐾🐾

Good morning, everyone.  Hope you all had a good sleep. Mine was over 6,5 hours with one bathroom visit around 2 am. Luckely I fell asleep again. Awoke just before 6. A little nauseous, stiff as a board,  belly pain and tired. I can't reminder the last time I woke up refreshed...

Had breakfast and now sit here reading through several BB threads. It's so sad so many people are suffering. I hope we may all improve a little day by day. And that one day we will get our lives back. Wishing us all a blessed Sunday. Hold on!

Trishy!!!!!!! They are so cute!!!! Weren't you only getting 1? Did you decide on 2 because you couldn't choose between them? They are absolutely adorable. Cherish this kitten time it goes by so fast. Great they will have each other to play and frolic together. Kisses to them! Have fun in NYC!

GP I am so happy that you are feeling better, you deserve it!

Nighty night all.

Trishy I love those kitties? I recently read somewhere that all kalicoes are female. I didn't know. I hope they bring you a lot of joy.

Troschetter I'm glad you're sleeping six hours. You sound a bit better.

[9a...]