Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hi Stut!

I have been taking it slow.  Wslk8ng when i can and light stretching. The muscle thing is different it is like you can mess with them. They dont like it. Amywsy, I woke up todsy and they didn't hurt.  A little achy it was so nice. Not perfect but better. I totally agree with you on challeging yourself. I do that most days and its hard getying thru the pain but it alwsys makes me feel better to be out amongst the people. Even if it something small because of being so ill at times I need to get outside. Have a nice day snd keep on keeping on. Love Suzy

Awesome job Troch! Believe me i know how you feel. But once yoy get out there yoy can do more than you think.  I have surprised myself at times. Lol. Hot shower on the mucles light syretching and walking  help alot. I would pace myself as stut says. I tend to overdo it. Also Dr Teals epson salt bath shelp so much. Gerl better ly dd

Ok i have to get up. I will catch up later. Hope you are all doing ok as can be expected.  Stay strong!!!!!

Mmmm,

I hope you are feeling better this morning. This mucsle pain drains the life out of you  :-[  check in of you can. Love youuu Pebbles 👸💚💙💕

Went for my 10 minute walk this afternoon. Quite hard to do, but managed to do it. My muscles just keep getting tighter.  Seeing the neurologist tomorrow about Lyme's. Going to ask him about other neuromuscular things as well. Scared... Hoping for the best, but fearing the very worst. ( glass half full or half empty). Wish me luck, please.

Morning everyone, so glad to see Stut on giving us hope and wise council. 

Troch, lots of times when I finally get out , I do too much and pay for it the next day.  It's pretty common unfortunately.  You just want to accomplish so much because you are having a decent period.

But it was brave of you to get out!!  Hope your symptoms ease soon.

And we have a new person!!  Hi Joszef!  :D. I really agree with Stut, I am afraid those large cuts will catch up with you the lower you go.  You have been doing really well with the holds.  Just mo, don't risk what you've gained now.  Good to have you here.  Just ask questions or jump into conversations anytime.  We are together a long time, so we become a really close group. 

I am sorry you are having so many waves Vali, really hope they slow done and you become more stable. LY

Pebble, hey you.  Really want my enso.  I helped Tim clean out the back bedroom, which

I must say, provided a lot of donations, lol, but just killed my left shoulder for a couple of days.  I had to get Tim to move to my side of the bed  :D. Hope you are doing better girlfriend, LY.

GP, so glad Wicked gave you such pleasure, we all got a kick out of it because you were so excited  :laugh: :laugh:

FH, we can gradually see you improving, it's probably easier for us to see the changes than you.

I am so glad.  LY.

Apple Butt, you are the woman.  You are all our friend , and funny, love you much!!

Hope everyone has a good day, at least some peace, love you all, Mary 🙏💙🙏💙🙏💙🙏💙

Hello LHSG gang.  We are a growing group!

Congrats on your outing Troch. That was brave to tell someone about your benzo damage.  I tend to fear admitting it since my family and friends think I’m making this up.  Did you point the guy out to BB?  Unfortunately docs aren’t all benzo wise and maybe his wife could have gotten better advice and support here.  Good luck at neuro.

I am so going to hold, never fear Stut.  Will get those boots back to you lickety split.

Pebbles and Mary, these muscle pains suck.  And the music is back too Pebbles.

Hi Apple Butt!  I will have a Red Delicious in your honor.

Val, I hope you get through this soon.  I miss your great stories.

Glad you are here Joszef!

Intend, Kitty, FH (my voice is crapping out on me now), Love to you all.

Gilly, Lil, Georgie wish you all well.

I'm joining the long hold support group.  I didn't know it existed.  My first cut was on April 28th, 2019.  My second cut was on October 30, 2019.  Does this qualify for a long hold ?  I'll probably be holding even longer on the rest of my cuts.  Both cuts were 1/4 of a 5mg pill of Valium.  (1.25mg Valium each with 6 months between the first one and the second one)  My current dose is 2.5mg Valium.  I've been on benzos almost 30 years.  I was on Klonopin for over 21 years.  I've been off Klonopin for 7 years.  I used to take a siezure med, too ... and I've been off that for about 8 years.

(I'm also currently taking 150mg Bupropion, and 600mg Lithium which I also want to taper off of)

Kindly,

j

Morning Joz and welcome to the LHSG.Yes you are doing long holds however you are doing large cuts which seem to be working for you.Well done on getting so low on your dose.As you get lower l would advise you cut less as some people find lower doses more challenging so be careful you don't cut too much.l think you have a good handle on this so listen to your body and please take your time.love to you.X

Thank u kindly, 55, for the warm welcome, and for the great advice.  Your advice pretty much lines up with my plan, but I truly appreciate your having my back on cuts that might be too big. 

Very Kindly,    :smitten:

j

Congrats on your outing Troch. That was brave to tell someone about your benzo damage.  I tend to fear admitting it since my family and friends think I’m making this up.  Did you point the guy out to BB?  Unfortunately docs aren’t all benzo wise and maybe his wife could have gotten better advice and support here.  Good luck at neuro.

I am so going to hold, never fear Stut.  Will get those boots back to you lickety split.

Hi, GP ... thank you kindly... for the warm welcome... y’all seem nice n friendly here.

Kindly,

j

Welcome Josef!!!! Post anytime, just jump in like Mary says  :smitten:

Hi, “D2” (if I may call u that). Thanks for the warm welcome... been kinda tired 2b typing much... but I’ve been enjoying reading yalls posts.

Kindly,

j

Troch, lots of times when I finally get out , I do too much and pay for it the next day.  It's pretty common unfortunately.  You just want to accomplish so much because you are having a decent period.

And we have a new person!!  Hi Joszef!  :D. I really agree with Stut, I am afraid those large cuts will catch up with you the lower you go.  You have been doing really well with the holds.  Just mo, don't risk what you've gained now.  Good to have you here.  Just ask questions or jump into conversations anytime.  We are together a long time, so we become a really close group. 

I am sorry you are having so many waves Vali, really hope they slow done and you become more stable. LY

Pebble, hey you.  Really want my enso.  I helped Tim clean out the back bedroom, which

I must say, provided a lot of donations, lol, but just killed my left shoulder for a couple of days.  I had to get Tim to move to my side of the bed  :D. Hope you are doing better girlfriend, LY.

GP, so glad Wicked gave you such pleasure, we all got a kick out of it because you were so excited  :laugh: :laugh:

FH, we can gradually see you improving, it's probably easier for us to see the changes than you.

I am so glad.  LY.

Apple Butt, you are the woman.  You are all our friend , and funny, love you much!!

Hi, Mary

I appreciate the kind welcome n advice.  I’ll be takin’ good heed to it.  Nice to see such a kind and friendly group here.  Where’d u get those sunglasses, Mary... I need me a pair ? (they look toadally cool. 🐸)

Kindly,

j

Jozsef I'm so happy to see you on this group. We're so lucky to have such a kind person here. Gnight to everyone. It's been a horrid day symptoms wise. I'm fearing how much this can last. Take care everyone.

GP, I must have missed your post about Wicked.  You liked it?

Hi Everyone,

Today is a hard day for me after a pretty decent week and spectacular window on Friday.  I know I just have to just hang on till my brain switches gears but I'm definetly feeling weepy. 

At least I can now read books again and that helps a bit.  Snowing here with gray skies to match my mood. 

Welcome Josef to the group.

Wishing everyone a decent day and night. 

FH

Jozsef I'm so happy to see you on this group. We're so lucky to have such a kind person here. Gnight to everyone. It's been a horrid day symptoms wise. I'm fearing how much this can last. Take care everyone.

Thanks, vnm for the kindness.  I’m sorry you’re having rough symptoms today.  I hope tomorrow is much better for you.  (I’m kinda too tired to type a lot today.  I typed for hours last nite...)

Kindly,

j

I am so glad.  LY.

Hi, Mary

I appreciate the kind welcome n advice.  I’ll be takin’ good heed to it.  Nice to see such a kind and friendly group here.  Where’d u get those sunglasses, Mary... I need me a pair ? (they look toadally cool. 🐸)

Kindly,

j

They are cool , I have to admit  :D. My friend put a link on her signature, a good while ago, where you could make your own avatar, I had the most fun playing with it.  Looks just like me, lol, well not quite, my hair is blonde.  However, which is great for her , she has finished her taper and taken it down.  She visits some times, a great woman.  If I ever get off this crap, I am going to have a purple streak in my hair, to remind me.....Mary 💜💜💜

Wicked was awesome.  A bit long for someone with back pain but I just love musicals.  The costumes were so beautiful.  And I couldn’t take my eyes off of the great boots.  I think I am now overdue for a new pair of fun looking boots!

The bf only liked it cuz otherwise he would have to sit home every night for the next 10 years again.  He also knows how much I love musicals.  When we first started dating I always wore ball gowns.  It’s sad to see jeans and sneakers. 

I think I was born in the wrong era.

Wicked was awesome.  A bit long for someone with back pain but I just love musicals.  The costumes were so beautiful.  And I couldn’t take my eyes off of the great boots.  I think I am now overdue for a new pair of fun looking boots!

The bf only liked it cuz otherwise he would have to sit home every night for the next 10 years again.  He also knows how much I love musicals.  When we first started dating I always wore ball gowns.  It’s sad to see jeans and sneakers. 

Not me, tight jeans and t-shirts with a good looking purse.  Did wear 3" heels 👠 everywhere but now 1 1/2 " .........one day.....big sigh  :)

I'm so glad you liked it.  I loved the power of the voices. 

Definitely FH!

So Mary is a tight jean wearing blonde with 3” stilletos.  Who’d have thunk it?

Yep but no 3" heels right now, one day, not stilettos either, chunky heels, I would have had broken ankles all the time  :D

Good morning, all.  Just here to tell you I slept well last night!  Over 6,5 hours of unbroken sleep. Wow. No vibrations after waking up. Hardly any leg ( muscle) pain. But very tired just before getting up. Had breakfast,  nausea set in, but went away. Not so tired right now. Seeing the neurologist ( Lyme's)  this afternoon. Hope to get some answers. Wishing us all a better day!  :thumbsup:

GP so there's the proof that the cranky guy truly loves you  :smitten: :smitten:

Stutt good morning. Just in case you pop in. I hope you're doing great. I'm so excited that you're on such a low dose. I would kill to be on such a low dose. Probably one of the neighbors would be my sacrificial animal. I could even sacrifice more than one of those. Are you getting a bit more time for yourself now?  Is sister settled at her place or yours? Does your daughter still come all weekeds to be at your place? Are the puppies fully recovered? Do you still have anxiety? I hope things keep improving symptom wise. Love, Janice.

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning Janice you will improve honey it takes a long time.l always think l should be better than l am and l can become very frustrated which really doesn't help.l have to practice acceptance every day and l know it doesn't come easy to me.Glad you got something in the sale l didn't buy anything l will wait until January then l will pick up a few bargains l hope.Stay strong honey.love you.X

. Morning Olive enjoy your trip my love.You really have come a long way and you are proof that holding does help.l see you have a new bf could you give Janice some tips 😜.Let us know how it goes.love to you.X

Morning Twiny apple butt l swear everytime l lift a granny smith l think of you 😵.Let us know how you are getting on you must be away on your trip soon ? love you my lST X

Morning Suzy how are you honey feeling any better? Remember not to overstretch and be kind to yourself.l hope the pain eases soon my love.love you.X

Morning Bill l am delighted you had a good Thanksgiving you definitely have benefited from your hold and slow taper.l can't say l am finding lower doses easier however some do.l really hope things continue to go well for you.love to you.X

Morning GP l read you enjoyed wicked woohoo 🎊. You are doing so well.l hope you didn't lose yourself in the black hole (your handbag 😏). Now don't taper anything else and let everything settle down for a while.Love you.X

Morning lady Mary have you got your decorations up yet?l did mine yesterday thank God.l hate doing them but once they are up l love them.l hope you will soon feel a little better honey.love you my lady Mary HenX

. Morning Intend, Esperanza, Gilly Valley Free Meems, Final and everyone here thinking of you and l hope you drop us a post soon.Love to you all.X

Hey tiny lady! I haven't been on the past couple days have no idea what's going on here 😳.. hope you're doing ok and the whole group as well.

I will be going to NYC this Sunday. Have another very busy weekend coming up. I have pallet painting at my church Friday night and my grandson's b day Saturday and then Sunday my NYC trip!! Its a lot but I'm trying not to get overwhelmed by it all. I want to enjoy as much as I can. I'll be cutting a tiny amount on Monday, after a38 day hold, day after my NYC trip. I'm nervous but I feel healthy enough to go ahead with it. I always face fear right before a cut and I'm sure I always will but what can ya do right?? It's gotta be done 🤷‍♀️

How are you my twinny? Are you all decorated for Christmas over there? Look for the Jimmy choo I'm having it sent to you for Xmas 😉♥️♥️

Love you woman!

LST♥️

Hi ok,

So glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. It must have been nice to see your family!! Hope you are still feeling ok. I kmow the moods come and go. I notice the weather for me makes a difference. No sun today. Boo. Ly Suzy

Thanks Suzy! I hope your pain is manageable today, you are such a sweetheart you deserve to feel good.

I did have a good time over Thanksgiving, Yesterday I felt off again, my main symptom is digestive, I had acid reflux and was generally uncomfortable, and that sets off my anxiety. It wasn't too bad, manageable, but I am just so tired of finally feeling a bit better and then I'll have another bad day just to remind me that I can never count on feeling good. Today a bit better though so far.

Tomorrow I leave for Portland, I'll be there most of December. I hope yesterday was a fluke!!!! It's always a rollercoaster for me but on a general upward trend over the last year.

Love to Stut, Mary, GP, ValiumNM, Valley, Final, Intend, Bill, Troch, Trishy, Magnolis, and all of LHSG.

Hope you enjoy Portland Olive. Love to you ♥️

[6b...]