Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hello,

What in the world is CBD? I guess I should be glad that I don't know what it is but I am curious.

Thank you Begood and Lynn, and V and MIYU, and Shake, baddove, for understanding me. I am inspired my your words.

I used to think that the inner shakes and trembles were bad but this neckthing is much worse. I sure hope it goes  away again for you if you have it right now, and if you don't, I hope it never comes back again!    ( something not to look forward to!)

For me, I have decided to put a timer at my side when I use my iPad. I am on it way too much and a chiropractor once told me he has been getting many more patients with neck problems ever since mobile phones and iPads, etc have become part of daily life. People just hold their heads in one position for hours and it is very bad for your muscles.

I am also going to force myself to go to the gym, even if I am hurting ( not too bad hurting). Maybe that will help.

My shakes and trembles are gone except for a "blip" here and there. Thank goodness.

I am going to start my macrame again,  and I will finish that scarf I started to knit last fall before winter passes me by .......again!

Here's hoping my moving around more may just help my neck.........

And back and legs and head and tinnitus and...... you get it

Heathcliff

CBD is cannibinoids harvested from either hemp or the female version of the plant, marijuana. I live in Colorado, completely decriminalized. Here is a link, there are so many medicinal marijuana options, and I use this company. Lots of info here.http://www.marysmedicinals.com/

Hi - just wanted to insert myself in again to thank Valley Um and all who replied to me.  I was encouraged on other threads to get off my Z drug under 8 months which was too fast for me.  It took 10 this time round and I would have held longer if I felt I could get stable again on a low dose.  But Lunesta is a weird benzo.  In my case some of the severe muscle pain I was having lifted a bit after I jumped.  Go figure.

Jumping has been very difficult with muscle and nerve pain but each day is about .01% better than the day before.   

I often read of the difficulties of hard working taperers on here.  And wonder how Oscar is doing.  I'm feeling hopeful today -- probably foolish since I'm so soon off the L but I want to thank you guys and commend you all for hanging in there on this often horrible journey.  I remember having that sensation of being in a plane that was going to crash all the time.  I don't have that sensation now.  Maybe they're right.  Maybe it does get better.  WBB

Congrats WB! So glad you're off and in the road to a new life.  :clap::thumbsup:

Went to the gym for an hour, bicycle and tread mill. Limited my iPad use too. Neck is not so bad. Maybe it is the iPad use that really is exacerbating things?I'll keep my iPad use to very little from now on and see what happens. Feeling hopeful..

No wave tonight!

Maybe  I am doing a turn around again, to better days.  Hope so!

Hope everyone does a turnaround to better days!

Wannabe better....

congratulations on your jump! May it all be down hill and easy for you from here on!

Heath

What helped me a lot for my neck and muscle pains is some soart of cream we use when kids have a cold to use on chest and back. I don't know but i'm sure you guyz/girlz must've got something alike. It's used to warm up when you have a cold.. to put the airways open from the sent and it warms everything up. Since i started using that i don't have any musle pains (or much less) It can even be used for children from about 6 years old and it does no harm. I started to use it every night and didn't have any muscle pains since.

What helped me a lot for my neck and muscle pains is some soart of cream we use when kids have a cold to use on chest and back. I don't know but i'm sure you guyz/girlz must've got something alike. It's used to warm up when you have a cold.. to put the airways open from the sent and it warms everything up. Since i started using that i don't have any musle pains (or much less) It can even be used for children from about 6 years old and it does no harm. I started to use it every night and didn't have any muscle pains since.

Shake I recall you posting on blog that it was "VICKS."  :thumbsup::smitten:

Yep it s called vicks vaporub but I don t know if it exists  over there under that name.

Oh yes it is on all the shelf's here in the USA, I remember that smell from childhood and how good it made me feel, on my chest and throat. :smitten:

Hi all!  Hope everyone is feeling good or on their way to feeling better. I just had to post today as it's my halfway celebration! Woo hoo! Feels good to be half way done. Now for the hard part. The other half lol.  :laugh:

Hi all!  Hope everyone is feeling good or on their way to feeling better. I just had to post today as it's my halfway celebration! Woo hoo! Feels good to be half way done. Now for the hard part. The other half lol.  :laugh:

[move][glow=red,2,300]"CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW NUMBER, AND FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE, ONWARD "WOO HOO" :smitten::thumbsup:[/move]

Shake and Begood,

oh thank you soooo much for putting your heads together and figuring out that the cream is called Vicks Vaporub. It sure is all over the shelves in theUSA. My mom used to put it on me when I was a kid with a bad cold too. :thumbsup:

I will certainly get it today, I hope it works. Nothing seems to work on my neck so far so I'll try just about anything!

Heath :smitten:

Hey Valley, .... a great big YAY for you for reaching your half way mark!  Yes, the second half will be harder as someone else has posted, but you are a pro! And you know how to cut your doses down really small and hold when necessary , and listen to your body. And you know how to be patient and not rush ahead.So you have half the battle won already!

Sounds easy, haha, We all know it isn't, but if anyone can do it, its YOU!

Good luck Valley, you know we are all pulling for you and will be here with all the support you need, just like you have been for all of us.

(Read your propaganda! Lol )  :thumbsup:

:smitten:Heath :smitten:

Except for the DARN NECK, I am feeling really good so far today.  :tickedoff:

Makes me wonder if the neck really is a part of withdrawal or if something else is going on.

If it weren't for my neck, I would thinki might just be  starting to stabilize. (Just STARTING to stabelize.)

Is it possible, that a person could stabelize with just about all wdfx going away except one?

I remember someone saying they had neck pain throughout their whole taper. Could this happen to me?

I am not ready to start tapering again for at least another month or longer.

If my neck pain is still there and everything else has stabilized, do I still wait for my neck pain to go away, or do I start to micro taper for just a day or two and hold?

I dont want to jump the gun and mess things up but don't want to waste time because of my neck either.

WHAT TO DO?

Heath :-\

:'(

Shake and Begood,

oh thank you soooo much for putting your heads together and figuring out that the cream is called Vicks Vaporub. It sure is all over the shelves in theUSA. My mom used to put it on me when I was a kid with a bad cold too. :thumbsup:

I will certainly get it today, I hope it works. Nothing seems to work on my neck so far so I'll try just about anything!

Heath,

My cancer center pharmacy sells PanAway essential oil mixed into a lotion that is also soothing on back and neck muscles if you are looking for something more natural.  Not sure where you can get it in our area though.  If you look up Panaway, Young Living sells it and there are recipes online for mixing into lotion form if you Google it.  The Vicks may be easier to find though lol.  If I'm very lucky (not very often) I can get my husband to rub my neck and back with it at night before bed, and the PanAway does help.

Hope

Except for the DARN NECK, I am feeling really good so far today.  :tickedoff:

Makes me wonder if the neck really is a part of withdrawal or if something else is going on.

If it weren't for my neck, I would thinki might just be  starting to stabilize. (Just STARTING to stabelize.)

Is it possible, that a person could stabelize with just about all wdfx going away except one?

I remember someone saying they had neck pain throughout their whole taper. Could this happen to me?

I am not ready to start tapering again for at least another month or longer.

If my neck pain is still there and everything else has stabilized, do I still wait for my neck pain to go away, or do I start to micro taper for just a day or two and hold?

I dont want to jump the gun but don't want to waste time because of my neck either.

WHAT TO DO?

Heath :-\

:'(

My muscles actually feel better for a while after cutting.  I don't know why, but it helps.  If I never cut based on muscle pain,

I would probably never cut.  The bad GI stuff and shaking is what always makes me hold.

Thanks Hope. I'll try the Vicks Vaporub first. The  only problem is the smell is so strong. But maybe now a days, they make it without the smell. I'll search around. I'll look for the panaway if the Vicks doesn't work. thanks  for the suggestion.

I think you are right. I had the inner trembles and shakes from the very beginning of my taper, even before I decided to get off this Valium. I was probably in tolerance back then.

But the trembles and shakes NEVER went away until about two weeks ago. And they have almost never come back in these last two weeks.

It is  like a miracle.

That is whyI think I am beginning to stabilize.

I'll re-evaluate in a couple of weeks and see how I feel.

Until then I'll I try everything for my neck. ( my legs are crazy weak and wobbly too!)

Heath

Just a note: anything like Vicks, Tiger Balm, Icy Hot, Ice Blue, etc (smelly) are counterirritants which "distract" the nerves from the pain. I personally hate the smell and the modus. I prefer things like arnica, homeopathic remedies which work on the actual muscle. A great combination ointment is called Traumeel, it's a gel with several homeopathic ingredients. And no smell.  ;) HM

Hi - just wanted to insert myself in again to thank Valley Um and all who replied to me.  I was encouraged on other threads to get off my Z drug under 8 months which was too fast for me.  It took 10 this time round and I would have held longer if I felt I could get stable again on a low dose.  But Lunesta is a weird benzo.  In my case some of the severe muscle pain I was having lifted a bit after I jumped.  Go figure.

Jumping has been very difficult with muscle and nerve pain but each day is about .01% better than the day before.   

I often read of the difficulties of hard working taperers on here.  And wonder how Oscar is doing.  I'm feeling hopeful today -- probably foolish since I'm so soon off the L but I want to thank you guys and commend you all for hanging in there on this often horrible journey.  I remember having that sensation of being in a plane that was going to crash all the time.  I don't have that sensation now.  Maybe they're right.  Maybe it does get better.  WBB

So happy you have jumped. I know you will now start to heal!

Gard

Yay! Half way! Congratulations!

Gard

[f5...]