Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Well goodnight kids I'm tired and tuckered out a real train wreck ready to toss myself into a bed that's just tantalizing.

Ta Ta tuning out for tonight,

TT, timed out Trishy the T word master 😂😂😂.. That was all for you Mary 😂😂

Night everyone!

♥️♥️

Well goodnight kids I'm tired and tuckered out a real train wreck ready to toss myself into a bed that's just tantalizing.

Ta Ta tuning out for tonight,

TT, timed out Trishy the T word master 😂😂😂.. That was all for you Mary 😂😂

Night everyone!

♥️♥️

:laugh: :laugh:, loved it

Quote by Southern Star

"I asked my neurologist who is very benzo wise  about this waves /windows pattern and he said that it's just conjecture that waves are the healing process, his opinion is that we are healing all the time, by healing he means growing new gaba receptors and rebalancing other neurotransmitters. He says what causes waves is excess glutamate that trickles out of the cells or comes in a storm (dependent on where we are in wd)    due to the injury from  bwd. Glutamate release is the normal response to any brain injury and in people who have normal gaba receptors gaba is utilised to put the brakes on it. With bwd our receptors aren't able to utilise enough gaba to do this job, they just do their best but it's not enough. After a while they are able mop up some of the extra cellular glutamate and we get a "window" but because we're still brain injured glutamate keeps trickling out until there is enough to bring on the sxs (a wave).

He believes that we are injured twice, the first injury is when we take the benzo and the second is when we stop. He says the point of tapering slowly is to reduce the amount of glutamate released because it's this glutamate that causes further damage. I'm not sure I've explained this as well as he did !!

Please note this is just me repeating what my health professional told me. It is not to be taken as anything other than that. I have no scientific research to back it up, it was purely a conversation..

I believe this doctor is correct.

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Thank you all for your kindness and support we are still in the emergency room nearly 24 hours l am not happy to say the least.Scans have been done and waiting for results.My Sis will probably be kept in as she is very agitated etc.l am not sure what is wrong with her so we will see what happens.l didn't get any sleep so l am not feeling great.As per stress of any kind isn't easy while in withdrawal.Anyway just wanted to give you all an update.l will drop in when l can.Love to you all and hang on my friends you can do this.Try to enjoy your day.

Love and hugs Stut X

Stutt, I'm so sorry all this is happening to you. I pray for life to give you some peace so that you can finish your taper without all this stress. Have you at least kicked the virus or are you going through this while sick? I wish someone else could step up so that you don't have so much on your back. I hope the lord is not testing you as we said that you were going to be the next virgin Mary. Sorry, just a bad joke to try to cheer you up. I think the planeta have aligned to kick your butt and play planet soccer with it, but there HAS to be a turning point and things will settle down. Keep us posted and don't worry about us. Some are going through bad sxs but I feel this group gives everyone hope that their holds will work, so it's not as scary as the other threads can be.

I was listening to eckhart tolle yesterday and he said that sometimes, when someone suffers a lot, they can't bear it and they just stop resisting and then there's a shift in consciousness. I bet that's going to happen to you and then you'll be enlightened and you'll get to boss virgin mary around. She'll be in charge of making you tea.

Take care Stutt. Don't forget to eat three times a day at least with all this stress, even if it's only hospital cafeteria sandwiches, because going too many hours with no food makes wd worse, at least for me.

Hope your sister starts getting better soon.

Mornin' gang -

Stut, hope you got some rest. Hoping everyone's day is Saturday (cartoon time?).

I keep hearin' about everyone's fur-family. (I've got a grown skin-pup too) I've other some pic's but can't find where they were... This is my "Don't leave home without it" Service Dog, Sam. He's got 3 feline's too.

Think "Goldilocks & the 3 bears" (who's been sleeping in ... )

LC

5SnyE.jpg

Mornin' gang -

Stut, hope you got some rest. Hoping everyone's day is Saturday (cartoon time?).

I keep hearin' about everyone's fur-family. (I've got a grown skin-pup too) I've other some pic's but can't find where they were... This is my "Don't leave home without it" Service Dog, Sam. He's got 3 feline's too.

Think "Goldilocks & the 3 bears" (who's been sleeping in ... )

LC

5SnyE.jpg

He's so handsome I've just fallen in love.

LC - what a beautiful doggie.  ❤️  I have my two felines. 

Stut- I am so sorry to hear this about your sister and I hope your able to get some sleep and yes practice some self care as beat you can.  I live with tremendous stress living and taking care of my elderly mother who had a code blue in March and now on dialysis, PTSD from and abusive job(which is why I took benzos in the first place) and a sick cat who has CKD that I have to give fluids to, all of this in Benzo withdrawal.  So for me stress throws me through the roof and exacerbates my sxs.  I wonder if this is making my hold longer and longer.  Anyways, Stut I hope you get some rest and get to practice some self care. 

Since I woke up in a cortisol surge as is every day I just wish I could sleep in and wake up normally.  So I was reading through BB and a) seeing how many people are doing DLMT and seem to be tapering faster than me.  I’m sure this is the Benzo mind f*in with me.  I guess I’m right where I’m supposed to be. 

I’m at 5 mg dry tablet hold of V since  August.  I find that my symptoms tend to get worse because of environment and diet ( caffeine, sugar, chemicals, stress and not keeping blood sugar level steady).

Anyways all, I’m feeling that obsession again about getting off this drug.  I even had a thought of cold turkey this morning.  I’ve done that before and it was horrific and I had two seizures. 

I’m in need of some experience, strength, Hope about long holds and also am I going to have to HAVE to do liquid as I get lower?  I can’t do math. 

Sorry this is all a mush mash. 

~meems

Thank you all for your kindness and support we are still in the emergency room nearly 24 hours l am not happy to say the least.Scans have been done and waiting for results.My Sis will probably be kept in as she is very agitated etc.l am not sure what is wrong with her so we will see what happens.l didn't get any sleep so l am not feeling great.As per stress of any kind isn't easy while in withdrawal.Anyway just wanted to give you all an update.l will drop in when l can.Love to you all and hang on my friends you can do this.Try to enjoy your day.

Love and hugs Stut X

Aww twin I'm so sorry ☹️ just know I'm thinking of you as we all are. I hope you get some rest soon. Praying for you and your family.

Love you sweet lady,

Trish LST♥️

Quote by Southern Star

"I asked my neurologist who is very benzo wise  about this waves /windows pattern and he said that it's just conjecture that waves are the healing process, his opinion is that we are healing all the time, by healing he means growing new gaba receptors and rebalancing other neurotransmitters. He says what causes waves is excess glutamate that trickles out of the cells or comes in a storm (dependent on where we are in wd)    due to the injury from  bwd. Glutamate release is the normal response to any brain injury and in people who have normal gaba receptors gaba is utilised to put the brakes on it. With bwd our receptors aren't able to utilise enough gaba to do this job, they just do their best but it's not enough. After a while they are able mop up some of the extra cellular glutamate and we get a "window" but because we're still brain injured glutamate keeps trickling out until there is enough to bring on the sxs (a wave).

He believes that we are injured twice, the first injury is when we take the benzo and the second is when we stop. He says the point of tapering slowly is to reduce the amount of glutamate released because it's this glutamate that causes further damage. I'm not sure I've explained this as well as he did !!

Please note this is just me repeating what my health professional told me. It is not to be taken as anything other than that. I have no scientific research to back it up, it was purely a conversation..

I believe this doctor is correct.

Makes a lot of sense to me intend.

I hope you Dan and Pepper are enjoying your weekend. I'm just hanging around the house but thinking of going out for awhile. Rich is o outside leaf blowing how exciting 😜

Love to you Dan and Pepper 🌹

TT♥️

You folks are SOooo cool... There I was thinking, surely someone will say how come the bed's so gnarly. Well duh, it's obvious  ??? Sam has hip dysplasia, the floor is COLD, he prefers the bed to the floor pad...

Since I woke up in a cortisol surge as is every day I just wish I could sleep in and wake up normally.  ---<snip>---

I’m at 5 mg dry tablet hold of V since  August....

Meems I may be "on hold"- basically till, I dunno... just acclimating to my "Official" taper.  I need to stay outa Self Will on it (at least avoid acting on the head-spins) I've a sense that NOT "self" will make it known when and how to make the cuts. Remember that thing, we didn't get here over night? Can Rome be rebuilt in a day? etc...

Because of a Story I heard someone tell someplace else. I'll PM it to ya  :smitten:

LC

Hello to all you long holder's 🙂 hope you all have a decent day in benzo land.  :thumbsup:

Mary thinking of you too hoping you're feeling better and better with each day. ♥️

TT♥️

Quote by Southern Star

PROFOUND.

Hope yer feeling better Mary. I can't figure out how to "book-mark" genuinely "READ THIS WHEN FEELING HOPELESS" stuff, sorry about the repost (I can find my posts, at least)

:smitten:

LC

Love and hugs Stut X

Best wishes for you and sis, Stut. As you say, life doesn’t stop while in withdrawl. However, seems that you and your family are being stressed to the max.

Rest as soon as you can. Please get other family members involved if they aren’t already. Time for some sleep as soon as possible. 😴💤.    💜💜.    🌹🌹🌹

Hi Everyone!

Just catching up. Been pretty much stretching slo daym No human should have to stretch this much. There has to be s better way. I wish i had a bar to hold so I could hang from it to stretch the spine.  :laugh:

Stut,

I am so sorry you are getting hit with all this stress. I hope you sister feeling better. The poor thing. Let us.know how yo and she are doing. Love Suzy

Hope everyone is feeling ok.today. I have to catch up.

Do we change the clocks tonight? 

Love dd pebbles  :o

[0b...]