Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hi everyone,

Just catching up. It erny ok. She put 8m sonlme.jabs here and yhete but she wss nice. She said she stopped hers snd she shook for monrhs snd she was fine. I yried to expls8n.thsr 8y eas cuz i was rippef on and off. She also said i should hsve known yhey werent good to tske.  8 did but 8 had no 8des th8s could happen. I.used her enxo tens debice slon my.mucles smd iy felt soo good. She daid she eould get me one foe xmas. Hopefully 8t will be beyter by then.zThanks mm, glad it is over. Hope you sre feel8ng s little better. Hope the liquid transition is go8ng well. Love you dd!

Stut,

I amso sorry about your sister. That is awful.  I hope she is feeling better, the poor thing. Its one thing after snother. I am sorry you have so much stress to deal with at this time. You have been through alot lately.  Let us know how she is when you canm love you Suzy

Hey Intend  :D.  Tim would love to have the kids on your street.  I sat in here and had to listen to Sly whimper and cry cause he could hear Tim outside with the kids.  It was pitiful  :(.  Lol.

Hope you are having a decent day II.  I know, when I was a kid we all took off together, no parents, never thought someone might poison the candy.  Stuff like that never entered your mind.  That's why there are so many church parties and house parties and we hardly have many kids now.    :(

Did you see Stut's sis had another seizure and fell?  That worries me, for both of them.  Hope you and Dan have a good movie to go to this weekend.  Love you!!  🌹🌹🚂🚂🚂🐈🐾🐾🐾

Mary,

We prepared last night with Dan blocking the front door windows, and believe it or not, no kids whatsoever. We never even saw that floodlight go on. At about 9 pm, I opened the front door just to take a look down the street, and no kids or parents anywhere.

There was a church party last Saturday so I do think that made the difference. I guess that’s happening all over the country now. It was better for Pepper anyway. All this doorbell ringing and front door opening makes her nervous and makes us nervous also. She’s really a black cat and curious, so if she got out that door, we would never see her again.

Dans expensive vintage CD player broke down yesterday and he called all over the place here, but no one here could or would fix it, and they all said to call McIntosh in New York where they are made. So now Dan is waiting for a callback from them, but it’s Friday, so I’m not expecting they will call back until Monday.

I have so much to do, that I’m feel like just giving up and doing nothing. I haven’t checked the movie listings, but may not even have time for that either.

Yes, we both had our flu shots in August this year. I did read about Stuts sisters fall down the stairs. She’s having a very rough time between withdrawl, the flu, and now this.

Trish, you are very cheerful and have a great attitude. I know you well by now, and I’m always glad to read what you post.

For all the rest here, I have been a member of BB since 2011, and I’ve been through a lot of difficult times.

I don’t say much about this, but I’d appreciate some simple recognition.

🌹 🌹 🌹 🚂 🚊 🚞 🐈 🐾 🌶. I’m going to get busy because I am swamped.

[/quote

Oh intend thank you that was sweet of you to say. I try to keep a good attitude but not always easy in this hellish battle.

I'm always glad to read what you post as well. I've always loved reading what you and Dan are up to. Seems like he's keeping you going 😉

I hope you two do get out for a movie this weekend, might do you good to just relax and enjoy a show. Leave the world behind for a couple hrs. If you do go eat some 🍿 popcorn for me  ;D;)

Quote by Southern Star

"I asked my neurologist who is very benzo wise  about this waves /windows pattern and he said that it's just conjecture that waves are the healing process, his opinion is that we are healing all the time, by healing he means growing new gaba receptors and rebalancing other neurotransmitters. He says what causes waves is excess glutamate that trickles out of the cells or comes in a storm (dependent on where we are in wd)    due to the injury from  bwd. Glutamate release is the normal response to any brain injury and in people who have normal gaba receptors gaba is utilised to put the brakes on it. With bwd our receptors aren't able to utilise enough gaba to do this job, they just do their best but it's not enough. After a while they are able mop up some of the extra cellular glutamate and we get a "window" but because we're still brain injured glutamate keeps trickling out until there is enough to bring on the sxs (a wave).

He believes that we are injured twice, the first injury is when we take the benzo and the second is when we stop. He says the point of tapering slowly is to reduce the amount of glutamate released because it's this glutamate that causes further damage. I'm not sure I've explained this as well as he did !!

Please note this is just me repeating what my health professional told me. It is not to be taken as anything other than that. I have no scientific research to back it up, it was purely a conversation..

Good post mm!!

It is good to know we are healing through this process. Very interesting! I only wish we could get rid of some of this glutamate. Im going to read it again. That was good!

Quote by Southern Star

"I asked my neurologist who is very benzo wise  about this waves /windows pattern and he said that it's just conjecture that waves are the healing process, his opinion is that we are healing all the time, by healing he means growing new gaba receptors and rebalancing other neurotransmitters. He says what causes waves is excess glutamate that trickles out of the cells or comes in a storm (dependent on where we are in wd)    due to the injury from  bwd. Glutamate release is the normal response to any brain injury and in people who have normal gaba receptors gaba is utilised to put the brakes on it. With bwd our receptors aren't able to utilise enough gaba to do this job, they just do their best but it's not enough. After a while they are able mop up some of the extra cellular glutamate and we get a "window" but because we're still brain injured glutamate keeps trickling out until there is enough to bring on the sxs (a wave).

He believes that we are injured twice, the first injury is when we take the benzo and the second is when we stop. He says the point of tapering slowly is to reduce the amount of glutamate released because it's this glutamate that causes further damage. I'm not sure I've explained this as well as he did !!

Please note this is just me repeating what my health professional told me. It is not to be taken as anything other than that. I have no scientific research to back it up, it was purely a conversation..

Amazing. If I have time I'll Google translate it and take a printed copy to my psychiatrist on Tuesday. They need to know that SOMETIMES an updose is in order to prevent more glutamate damage.

Good post mm!!

It is good to know we are healing through this process. Very interesting! I only wish we could get rid of some of this glutamate. Im going to read it again. That was good!

I read it twice too Pebbles  ;). LY

Quote by Southern Star

Amazing. If I have time I'll Google translate it and take a printed copy to my psychiatrist on Tuesday. They need to know that SOMETIMES an updose is in order to prevent more glutamate damage.

I hope it helps him understand Vali 💜

Good post mm!!

I read it twice too Pebbles  ;). LY

Hey mm how do I find the Ashton manual here?

You can go to search, or just google it, or its in one of the sticky notes but not sure where ;).  Google definitely.

You can go to search, or just google it, or its in one of the sticky notes but not sure where ;).  Google definitely.

Ok woman thanks! Since I don't know where sticky notes are I'll google  ;D

They are at the top of some threads but I don't know which thread.  I use google and I also have a couple copies here at the house  ;)

I might read it agsin myself. It serms like the more i read it it makes more sense.  Maybe im clearing up?  :laugh:

Nothing wrong with your brain Pebbles  :D

[quote author=Dehytq2 link=topic=153201.msg2977871#msg2977871 date=1572649506

Are yoy panicking tt?

Oh no Suzy Q.. Just trying to help someone out in wd..I was looking something up in Ashton concerning her. Not me this time.. Not yet anyway 🙄

Mary I'm sorry you have a migraine but I hope this relief in your muscle pain persists. I read the part where you set up a table to give out candy in Halloween. That's very sweet.

Guinea Pig I hope you like the show wicked. I love the theater but today we went to a tedious play. I couldn't get out and I was in benzo rage for the two hours. Much better than the fear though. I'm sure wicked is amazing.

Suzy lunch with your mum sounds like a pain in the neck. My father is like that, maybe worse. I keep saying "that's interesting" throughout the whole meal and mentally go through my to do list. And in spite of that it's still a nightmare.

Trishy I'm sure you look as great in size 8 as in size 6.

I hope our Stutt sees some light soon at the end of this tunnel. It's too much.

Gilly are you OK? Don't you stay in bed, go look at the flowers in the garden even if you only do that. I was listening to eckhart tolle today and he says how a flower if you look at it being fully present with no thoughts, it makes you connect with sacredness. I loved it. We can do that in between the waves, to remember we're divine beings in spite of this wd experience which will be temporary.

I hope everyone is having a good afternoon over there.

Love, Janice

They are at the top of some threads but I don't know which thread.  I use google and I also have a couple copies here at the house  ;)

I imagine printing that thing is a lot of pages. Maybe I'll print it out but I don't want to run out of ink.  :D

Mary I'm sorry you have a migraine but I hope this relief in your muscle pain persists. I read the part where you set up a table to give out candy in Halloween. That's very sweet.

Guinea Pig I hope you like the show wicked. I love the theater but today we went to a tedious play. I couldn't get out and I was in benzo rage for the two hours. Much better than the fear though. I'm sure wicked is amazing.

Suzy lunch with your mum sounds like a pain in the neck. My father is like that, maybe worse. I keep saying "that's interesting" throughout the whole meal and mentally go through my to do list. And in spite of that it's still a nightmare.

Trishy I'm sure you look as great in size 8 as in size 6.

I hope our Stutt sees some light soon at the end of this tunnel. It's too much.

Gilly are you OK? Don't you stay in bed, go look at the flowers in the garden even if you only do that. I was listening to eckhart tolle today and he says how a flower if you look at it being fully present with no thoughts, it makes you connect with sacredness. I loved it. We can do that in between the waves, to remember we're divine beings in spite of this wd experience which will be temporary.

I hope everyone is having a good afternoon over there.

Love, Janice

Thanks VNM that's very nice of you to say. I'm just not comfortable with this extra 10 on me. I'm a short woman. I'm only 5'1 and with more junk in my trunk than I'm happy with :laugh: :laugh:

TT♥️

Thsnks mm! Some days i really worry. I went out the other day wearing two different sneakers. I hope noone noticed  :laugh:

Now, I have had 2 pair of same kind of boots, dark navy and black.  Looked down at work and saw they were different and I wasn't on benzo's.  In my defense, the dark navy was really dark  :laugh: :laugh:

[45...]