Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

What is a Loge FH?  I’m trying to find good seats.  Is it in the balcony

Him, I'm not sure.  We sat in the rear orchestra on the aisle and it was good.  The theatre is huge and the play uses the stage really well. 

You can sometimes type in the theater and get a view of the seating chart. 

I was looking for interactive seats but can’t find it.  Maybe I’ll just drive down tomorrow so I can pick my seats.  I’m so excited.

Hey Gang -

Golly it's hard to keep up with you's folks... Am so grateful everyone got thru 'All Saints Day'... Hope morning goes well for all.

Envious of you's that live where it's still "Good old Hollowe'en", I used to love sweet, silly Hallowe'en. The long trek as behind my son, as he met happy strangers who welcomed him... I always hung back, unless someone asked to meet my Dog... but it was a joy to watch.

Considered joining Friends, who took their grandkids to something - but wasn't up for the parody.

Down in town (small dismal city, beneath the B*ble belt) only "special neighborhoods" (spendy) host genuine Trick or Treat.  Rest of town is 2x patrol or unmarked, not a soul in the empty streets. Out here (country) it's a lurid hybrid of "Religious Holiday" & "Police Convention", 1/2 dozen cruisers, blue lights full on, surrond every large church holding "Trunk or Treat", Goths & Goblins with pious parents in tow - scurrying through the spotlights...

But, Thursdays my Homey's meet in a (big) church basement. And I thought of some of us, who couldn't go enjoy - suck it up butter cup. It's only an eyefull of Redneck Hypocristy.

As it turned out, not a cruiser in sight! Only a handful of 'Homeys' there, and it's always better with just one more.

Sam begged to go, but the big goof mighta been tempted by people having fun, and bounced outa the truck to play... Sam's 4 days overdue for his daily ride. Bad mum.

I hear of so many fur-family here, a tripped across a couple snaps, but don't know where those go (on BB)

Rest Cozy, all

LC

My goodness you guys are hard to keep up with.  Miss a day or two and I have like 4 pages of catching up to do.  It’s late her in LA but before Halloween 🎃 is over just want to say “BOO”. 

~meems 🎃👻🤡

Hello long holders,  just a few questions (again):  Why did you decided to hold for a ( longer) period? Does holding work for you?  When did you first notice things improving during  your hold?  Still not quite sure what to do. Thanks.

Hello long holders,  just a few questions (again):  Why did you decided to hold for a ( longer) period? Does holding work for you?  When did you first notice things improving during  your hold?  Still not quite sure what to do. Thanks.

Hi Trochsetter,

For me it was bc I got too sick to carry on. There was no way I could keep going I needed to let things settle.

Here we believe in a symtoms/ sxs based taper. We believe healing occurs during a hold. I myself have benefited with every hold. I got healthier and stronger with each hold. My longest hold was six months and my most recent was 3 months.

Holding gives the brain and body time to catch up from the cuts/ reductions allowing the body to become stable.

I'm sure others will chime in as the day goes on.

Trish

i just bought my seats .  I’m going to see Wicked!!!!!

This sure beats housecleaning and doctor appointments.

I heard it's really good!! Enjoy!!😃

Hi everyone!

Happy Halloween! I was just reading through trying to catch up.

Mm,

I wont be doing.much either. That is so cute handing out molk bones. I hate not neing able to have the fun on holidays like before. We will enjoy them again. I hate benzos too! Glad to see you post. My muacles went crazy again. It is so weird. It blows my mind! I guess thet will learn how to relax agsin on their own. I wish they would hurry it up! Love dd  :smitten:

I likebthat gp..pebbles!!! So cute. I used to love pebbles and bam bam when they had thier little band. Lol. Good luck on your appt.

Have a great day tt with the kids. Sounds like lots of fun!!

Thanks lc that is good info. Your lucky you have a good doc!!!!

Hope everyone else i lhsp is ok. I dont want to miss anyone. Love dd

Fh.you ok today?

Thanks Suzy Q we had a blast. It was a busy day and night but the kids had fun so Rich and I are happy grandparents. When they're happy were happy lol! You are only a state away from me as you know so I'm sure you hated the this nasty weather as we did for Halloween. Not like our typical weather this time of year was it? Now today they're calling for a freeze warning tonight. Temps have dropped into the 50's thank God!

TT, ♥️

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

This is going to be very quick.l really do hope everyone gets a break soon.l have just got a call from my brother in law my sister has taken a seizure and fell down the stairs.Talk about stress.Anyway l will be busy for a while so l just wanted you all to know l am thinking of you all.F

Feeling just give a hold serious thought my love that's all I ask.

Wide load twiny 😝.Glad you had a good evening.Now here's a diet tip eat less move more 🙄.l know you don't have to pay me for that advice 😘. love you my lST.

Intend always great to see you here.Keep us updated on how you are please.love to you and Dan.

Lady Mary damn it there's always something.l swear l think l am cursed 😠. Anyway try to do the best you can honey and please don't accept any deliveries from that store 😵. love you my lady Mary HenX

To the rest of my friends here keep on keeping on.love you all.X

Troch welcome sorry l haven't time to respond in depth.Held for 8 months because l hit the wall.Took a long time to feel any improvement around 5 months.love to you.X

Stutt I'm so sorry. That is so unfortunate. I really hope she hasn't broken anything and that you get out of this rough patch soon. Hang in there Stutt. A rough patch can not last forever. I'm going through a lot of stress myself as I've had to move my daughter to a different school and she's starting next Monday. I realize the hold must be working because I'm dealing with it without having killed anyone yet.

I really feel for you Stutt. It'll be ok. Time will pass and things will get better and you'll get a week deserved break.

Love, Janice

This is going to be very quick.l really do hope everyone gets a break soon.l have just got a call from my brother in law my sister has taken a seizure and fell down the stairs.Talk about stress.Anyway l will be busy for a while so l just wanted you all to know l am thinking of you all.F

Wide load twiny 😝.Glad you had a good evening.Now here's a diet tip eat less move more 🙄.l know you don't have to pay me for that advice 😘. love you my lST.

Intend always great to see you here.Keep us updated on how you are please.love to you and Dan.

Lady Mary damn it there's always something.l swear l think l am cursed 😠. Anyway try to do the best you can honey and please don't accept any deliveries from that store 😵. love you my lady Mary HenX

Troch welcome sorry l haven't time to respond in depth.Held for 8 months because l hit the wall.Took a long time to feel any improvement around 5 months.love to you.X

Oh man twinny I'm so sorry about sis I hope she's ok ☹️

Don't worry about anyone here you do what you need to do. This is obviously going to give you a lot of stress so please try to take care of you too!! You give so much to your family and the level of care you give to your sister, poor soul, is a heavy responsibility and it's amazing to me how you hold up with all of it. So please don't ignore your own health.

Please pop in when you can to let us know how she is. 🙏

Eat less.. Move more?? I bet no one ever thought of that before. We need to get this message out there it's bound to take the weight loss industry by storm and we'll make a bloody fortune!! 😃💵💰

Love you please take care!!

LST♥️

Aww..little sly sounds so sweet! My cats that i had i spoulef rotten. They would need a blanket layed out for them or they would get mad! Stormy the one i have now likes to sleep in laundry.  Found her in the hamper a few times..lol. 32 wow that is cold!!! It is prettrmy warm here still. Very windy though. Leaves everywere. A mess! Love dd

Going out eith my parents for lunch. My.mother is very critical judgemental and insulting. She can be nice just has no filter. Hopefully they dont throw me into acute. Hopeing youvare feeling better. Imagine the mucles healing and relaxing. Ill try anything at thus point.

i just bought my seats .  I’m going to see Wicked!!!!!

This sure beats housecleaning and doctor appointments.

I think you will love it.  Didnt realize they had interactive seats. 

Look forwarding to you sharing how you liked it.

Stut,

I'm so sorry to hear about your sister.  I'm hoping that she is okay and is not injured too badly.  I will be thinking abour you and your family today.

Hi FH, it’s the website that lets you pick the seat you want.  Thanks for the review. It only reinforced how badly I wanted to see Wicked.

Stut, so sorry to hear of your sisters fall.  The poor thing. Wishing you strength.

Critical mothers DD?  Mine was too.  Sometimes I just threw it back on her like you made me this way. That’s a 50/50 on how it will go over.

VNM, its great the hold is helping.  Dealing with stressors is always a tough battle.

Trishy, don’t eat all the candy.

Meems and OK hope you’re both ok.  Those fires everyday?  Talk about stress.

Mary, hope you are holding up.  I’m trying to do the 2 floor exercises PT gave me but either I get a cold nose in my eye or my armpit.

Everyone else, hang tough. We will all come through this.

Awww Tim is so cute! Pass8ng out milk bones and candy!!! Jim od out their dressed as a jedi..lol. ahe is passing out candy. He 8s drinking a beer eith the guy across the street. He wont finish it. It takes him hrs to drink half it makes me cringe! It is so hot here. It feels like 65. Its 40 there! Brrr wrap little sly up in blankets..lol

Yeah what the hell it was in the high 60's here too and rainy and humid I was sweating my big Trishy tush off, that last part was for Mary 🤣🤣 she likes that my ass is growing at an alarming rate 😂😂

Well kids my littles went home and luckily the rain stopped long enough for them to get in there trick or treating so it was a hit! Halloween 2019 a success  :D

TT, tuckered out Trish 🙃

There are so many words with T, it's hilarious  :laugh:

Aww..little sly sounds so sweet! My cats that i had i spoulef rotten. They would need a blanket layed out for them or they would get mad! Stormy the one i have now likes to sleep in laundry.  Found her in the hamper a few times..lol. 32 wow that is cold!!! It is prettrmy warm here still. Very windy though. Leaves everywere. A mess! Love dd

Going out eith my parents for lunch. My.mother is very critical judgemental and insulting. She can be nice just has no filter. Hopefully they dont throw me into acute. Hopeing youvare feeling better. Imagine the mucles healing and relaxing. Ill try anything at thus point.

Hope your lunch goes ok sweet D, try not to let her get to you :smitten: :smitten:

Awww Tim is so cute! Pass8ng out milk bones and candy!!! Jim od out their dressed as a jedi..lol. ahe is passing out candy. He 8s drinking a beer eith the guy across the street. He wont finish it. It takes him hrs to drink half it makes me cringe! It is so hot here. It feels like 65. Its 40 there! Brrr wrap little sly up in blankets..lol

Yeah what the hell it was in the high 60's here too and rainy and humid I was sweating my big Trishy tush off, that last part was for Mary 🤣🤣 she likes that my ass is growing at an alarming rate 😂😂

Well kids my littles went home and luckily the rain stopped long enough for them to get in there trick or treating so it was a hit! Halloween 2019 a success  :D

TT, tuckered out Trish 🙃

Hey girl! How are you feeling today?

Hi FH, it’s the website that lets you pick the seat you want.  Thanks for the review. It only reinforced how badly I wanted to see Wicked.

Stut, so sorry to hear of your sisters fall.  The poor thing. Wishing you strength.

Critical mothers DD?  Mine was too.  Sometimes I just threw it back on her like you made me this way. That’s a 50/50 on how it will go over.

VNM, its great the hold is helping.  Dealing with stressors is always a tough battle.

Trishy, don’t eat all the candy.

Meems and OK hope you’re both ok.  Those fires everyday?  Talk about stress.

Mary, hope you are holding up.  I’m trying to do the 2 floor exercises PT gave me but either I get a cold nose in my eye or my armpit.

Everyone else, hang tough. We will all come through this.

Omg GP I'm on a serious diet starting today! I was a six 6 for many years and now I'm in an 8 and there's no way in hell I'm going to a 10 that's too large for my frame. 😳 I don't want to have to carry my ass around in a wagon 😂😂

TT, tuckered out Trish 🙃

Muscles aren't horrible, so body decided to throw in a migraine.  But I only had 2 migraines all last month, which is really good.  So I don't want to complain too much.  Today is 1st day of 2nd Hold month.  Keep your fingers crossed girlfriend, this is getting old.  Only have 2 more doses to crossover and will be completely on Liquid.  Taking my time.  Glad you are feeling good.  I am really worried about Stut.  She has just been through so much.  One person can only be so strong  :'( :'(

Hey Intend  :D.  Tim would love to have the kids on your street.  I sat in here and had to listen to Sly whimper and cry cause he could hear Tim outside with the kids.  It was pitiful  :(.  Lol.

Hope you are having a decent day II.  I know, when I was a kid we all took off together, no parents, never thought someone might poison the candy.  Stuff like that never entered your mind.  That's why there are so many church parties and house parties and we hardly have many kids now.    :(

Did you see Stut's sis had another seizure and fell?  That worries me, for both of them.  Hope you and Dan have a good movie to go to this weekend.  Love you!!  🌹🌹🚂🚂🚂🐈🐾🐾🐾

TT, tuckered out Trish 🙃

Muscles aren't horrible, so body decided to throw in a migraine.  But I only had 2 migraines all last month, which is really good.  So I don't want to complain too much.  Today is 1st day of 2nd Hold month.  Keep your fingers crossed girlfriend, this is getting old.  Only have 2 more doses to crossover and will be completely on Liquid.  Taking my time.  Glad you are feeling good.  I am really worried about Stut.  She has just been through so much.  One person can only be so strong  :'( :'(

Glad your muscles are a bit better but sucks about the migraine.. When it rains it pours. Sounds though like you're slowly beginning to adjust  :thumbsup:

I cut again yesterday and I'm holding until after my day trip to NYC Dec 8th.

Stut is very strong but I agree with you.. We are after all only human. She's had a lot on her plate lately with wd and that flu/ virus. I just hope she gets enough rest and eats well. She doesn't need another illness after all she's been through. She's stubborn though Mary, she won't let much keep her down.  :)

Hey Intend  :D.  Tim would love to have the kids on your street.  I sat in here and had to listen to Sly whimper and cry cause he could hear Tim outside with the kids.  It was pitiful  :(.  Lol.

Hope you are having a decent day II.  I know, when I was a kid we all took off together, no parents, never thought someone might poison the candy.  Stuff like that never entered your mind.  That's why there are so many church parties and house parties and we hardly have many kids now.    :(

Did you see Stut's sis had another seizure and fell?  That worries me, for both of them.  Hope you and Dan have a good movie to go to this weekend.  Love you!!  🌹🌹🚂🚂🚂🐈🐾🐾🐾

Mary,

We prepared last night with Dan blocking the front door windows, and believe it or not, no kids whatsoever. We never even saw that floodlight go on. At about 9 pm, I opened the front door just to take a look down the street, and no kids or parents anywhere.

There was a church party last Saturday so I do think that made the difference. I guess that’s happening all over the country now. It was better for Pepper anyway. All this doorbell ringing and front door opening makes her nervous and makes us nervous also. She’s really a black cat and curious, so if she got out that door, we would never see her again.

Dans expensive vintage CD player broke down yesterday and he called all over the place here, but no one here could or would fix it, and they all said to call McIntosh in New York where they are made. So now Dan is waiting for a callback from them, but it’s Friday, so I’m not expecting they will call back until Monday.

I have so much to do, that I’m feel like just giving up and doing nothing. I haven’t checked the movie listings, but may not even have time for that either.

Yes, we both had our flu shots in August this year. I did read about Stuts sisters fall down the stairs. She’s having a very rough time between withdrawl, the flu, and now this.

Trish, you are very cheerful and have a great attitude. I know you well by now, and I’m always glad to read what you post.

For all the rest here, I have been a member of BB since 2011, and I’ve been through a lot of difficult times.

I don’t say much about this, but I’d appreciate some simple recognition.

🌹 🌹 🌹 🚂 🚊 🚞 🐈 🐾 🌶. I’m going to get busy because I am swamped.

[a4...]