Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

DD, when you lay in floor and stretch, what stretches do you do?  I tried exercising today and now I hurt worse.  I have got to do something but I don't know what.  I know you had a rough day too girlfriend, I am so sorry  :(. LY, MM.  💜💜

Hi mm,

I lay flat on my back.

I do the stretches were you cross one leg over the bent leg snd pull the legs forward.

Lating down with bent knees pelvic tilt youbdo one knee to chest at a time.

Kick outs

Bridges

Some called the pigeon..i luvvv

Downward dog

The one were you are on alk fours and you do a cay stretch and yoy move you head up and down

Laying on your back bended knees peliv tilt very important you drop eack bended leg one at a time

Culd pose

Laying on your stomach you push yourself up and you can ferl the back squeeze togethet i do 20. I like this to. I go slow when im very sore.

I go slow with them all.

Laing on you back knees bent and togethetr rock slowly side to side.

Clam shells sometimes

Leg lifys on your side

Sretches to looses up back og legs hsmstring. Yoy can do this laying down. Judt pull up one leg at a time with one knee bent

Then i stretch my back with a therapy ball.

It helps.

I added resistance bands and amkle wieght to make the mucsle stronger. Depending on the pain.

I.jope this make sense. Sometimes i just kind of go with ehat i think u need or ferl tight.

I am sorry this pain has bern going on so l9ng. I swear ot that xanax. When i took that and came off omg. Bam.

I will try to think of more. Be gentle when you do then.

Hi mm,

I lay flat on my back.

I do the stretches were you cross one leg over the bent leg snd pull the legs forward.

Lating down with bent knees pelvic tilt youbdo one knee to chest at a time.

Kick outs

Bridges

Some called the pigeon..i luvvv

Downward dog

The one were you are on alk fours and you do a cay stretch and yoy move you head up and down

Laying on your back bended knees peliv tilt very important you drop eack bended leg one at a time

Culd pose

Laying on your stomach you push yourself up and you can ferl the back squeeze togethet i do 20. I like this to. I go slow when im very sore.

I go slow with them all.

Laing on you back knees bent and togethetr rock slowly side to side.

Clam shells sometimes

Leg lifys on your side

Sretches to looses up back og legs hsmstring. Yoy can do this laying down. Judt pull up one leg at a time with one knee bent

Then i stretch my back with a therapy ball.

It helps.

I added resistance bands and amkle wieght to make the mucsle stronger. Depending on the pain.

I.jope this make sense. Sometimes i just kind of go with ehat i think u need or ferl tight.

I am sorry this pain has bern going on so l9ng. I swear ot that xanax. When i took that and came off omg. Bam.

I will try to think of more. Be gentle when you do then.

I do a lot of those, it's almost like we went to same pt or physio.  Right now, it hurts me to do those  :tickedoff:

Are you feeling alittle better? 

Oh also laying on your back knee to chest..hold 30 sec. Then do other leg. You could do e on each leg.

I was thinking to that mucles tighen up in some places to compensate week ones. So maybe the back muscles tighten up becauce of tight hamstrings, tight hips i dont know im doing more research.

Sorry i havent posted my my eye and head hurt anf im afraid to take anything. Still sore but the cramping settled for know. It thst routine plus walking not much walking but some that helps so much.

Weak abdominals but it is hard to strenthen them with the benzo belly. I look pregnant.

I cant believe your back has been hurting so long. Is it the low back or the whole back. It is crampy achy or just tightness. These dsm.benzos.

Weak abdominals but it is hard to strenthen them with the benzo belly. I look pregnant.

I cant believe your back has been hurting so long. Is it the low back or the whole back. It is crampy achy or just tightness. These dsm.benzos.

For about half the time , lower back, then I was making the bed one day, and pulled on the comforter

and my shoulder just screamed, downhill from there.  I think we all look pregnant, how sad  :laugh:

Even the guys!  All of the above but mostly achy.  I just ordered a new DVD today, Amazon of course,

Essentrics Pain Relief Workouts.  Saw on YouTube first. Will keep ya posted.  💝💜💘❣️

Oh mm,

It is terrible! I get them all too. It gets unbearable. It is so frustrating snd when.other sx pop up it just gets so scary. That new work out sounds good! plus you are on the new diet so praying that will calm things down. I cannot wait to be off this stuff so we can get back to homeostasis.  I just wonder why it got bad over the last two months. Maybe because you are getting lower in dose. Their is no sense to this. We are strong and will get through this together!! Love you dd praying for windows for us all. ❤❤💕

Hello, saw a neurologist a year ago when I had those two seizures from cold turkey Klonopin and she gave me a sheet with some floor stretching exercises.  I find some basic yoga poses in my home work too like downward dog and child’s pose which for me is so spiritual and comforting.  Sometimes it makes me cry.  I wish I could take a yoga class but because of the balance and coordination issues issues I have “right now; not forever - thinking positive” I can’t do it.  And I can’t afford private lessons.  Before my Benzo nightmare I did yoga and it was so healing.  Plus Benzo withdrawal has taken my strength and muscle mass.  So I like simple floor stretching.  Bent thigh to chest.  But I don’t know about you guys even THAT sometimes causes excess stimulation.  I got hit with head pressure tonight.  Was listening to my music playlist today a little too loud.  Gotta put an ice pack on.  Ugh!  My prayer 🙏 is that we all feel better and have lots of big open beautiful windows overlooking a gorgeous vineyard or flowing beautiful mountains and greenery.  Trees and birds and a warm blowing breeze.  Ahhhhhhh.... we live in a glorious world and we are all going to heal.  Dammit we’re going to heal.  Love ❤️ to u all. 

~meems. 

Good morning LHSG.

I’m taking a rest today.  Bf has been home for past 4 days doing mass construction in bedroom.  I need quiet time.

I’m off to dogwalk and buy dog food.

Good luck at Pdoc Meems.  Hope this muscle pain eases up Mary and DD.  It’s wearing me out.

Stut, Trishy, VNM, FH, Gilly (and everyone I haven’t mentioned). Hope you are all well.

When I was in the throes of my taper I did this you tube video of yoga. I loved it because I could do it laying down!!!    He has a lot of other videos if you can do more than this one.  Also Leslie Sansone has some very easy walking you tubes which you can do at home. 

The other thing I did was the 4, 7, 8 breathing technique. If you just google this a you tube video comes up that teaches you how to do this.  I followed the recommendations to practice this 2 x's a day and it did work.

I hope this helps. 

For about half the time , lower back, then I was making the bed one day, and pulled on the comforter

and my shoulder just screamed, downhill from there.  I think we all look pregnant, how sad  :laugh:

Even the guys!  All of the above but mostly achy.  I just ordered a new DVD today, Amazon of course,

Essentrics Pain Relief Workouts.  Saw on YouTube first. Will keep ya posted.  💝💜💘❣️

Mary saw  Miramda Esmond White on PBS this weekend and though about getting one Iof her DVDs. I'll be curious what you think. I'm thinking of getting one of hers as well.

When I was in the throes of my taper I did this you tube video of yoga. I loved it because I could do it laying down!!!    He has a lot of other videos if you can do more than this one.  Also Leslie Sansone has some very easy walking you tubes which you can do at home. 

The other thing I did was the 4, 7, 8 breathing technique. If you just google this a you tube video comes up that teaches you how to do this.  I followed the recommendations to practice this 2 x's a day and it did work.

I hope this helps. 

Thanks for sharing this Kgirl. I wanted to keep walking but was foing to have to figure out a way to do it when it got colder.  Going to check Leslie out. 

Final Healing: I loved her you tubes and it was actually a full body workout right in your house.  There are other people who do walking tapes as well that are more difficult; just spend a few minutes searching you tube and find ones that you like.  I did them on days I could not go outside or felt crappy which was many many days.

Final Healing: I loved her you tubes and it was actually a full body workout right in your house.  There are other people who do walking tapes as well that are more difficult; just spend a few minutes searching you tube and find ones that you like.  I did them on days I could not go outside or felt crappy which was many many days.

Thank you.  Yes, trying to make it through crappy days becomes a real form of survival and skill.

I’ll let you know how that ridiculously priced protein powder goes. 

~meems

Hey Meems - any luck with it?

I wish I'd seen your earlier Q? on the Protien Powder. I've been getting the 2 lb. store brand for only $18... Still getting used to "stabilizing", yesterday instead of using the P.P. for "creamer" in my 1/2 strength coffee I had oatmeal w. cheese. Ooops. More Tremor. Went back to "Protien Creamer" and today none at all so far.

Seems having the PP on board before my first dose eases the vibration. For me, when the Benzo-Tremor kicks in the doses only "dampen the frequency".

And 'Nictotine'?? - it's a juggling act.  :oXo: If gum's keeping your "Wolf off the door" it aint broke, don't fix!

I've found it's VERY helpful to avoid all but tiny Nic-Spikes.

Kindest thoughts

LC

Wow i just lost my post. Duh.. hope everyone is having a somewhat sx free day. Im.ok just kind of lazy.  Its rainy and cold so thst is probably it.

Gp..hope tou have a relaxing day!

Mm,

Hope you are feeling ok.  :-[ Im praying for windows for us all!  :smitten: love dd

I’m inspired to look up some YouTube yoga videos.  Some gentle restorative yoga. 

So had appointment with Pdoc.  Gonna still hold at 5 mg Valium.  I feel good about that to get some more stable with my symptoms but frustrated too because part of me wants to just say F it and taper so I can get off this shit.  Impatience vs. trusting my body.  We meet in December so 6 more weeks of holding and we’ll see how it goes but I can’t imagine making a cut right before Christmas.  I would go through the roof with 20 people in my mothers small house.  The noise would make me insane.  It already does.  So guys, for now, Hold it will still be.   

~meems

LC- I’m chewing a piece of nicotine gum as we speak.  Yikes!  First one all day.  It’s 11:39 am here on Los Angeles and I’ve been up since 6am I have noticed that my blood sugar doesn’t spike so bad with the protein powder but because of my GI issues I can’t have a lot of it.  My stomach is not processing things correctly.  I did cut out coffee and have the worst coffee headache 🤕 right now.  I LOVE ❤️ coffee.  I might just have a small cup of it when I get home.  With my almond milk creamer.  I know, but, just a little....

[86...]