Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

GP, I found something on net might interest you

Arthrozene ,has bone broth, collagen and something else....for pain......only comes in pill form.

Miss ya, Mary 💜💜

Arthrozine?  NEver heard of it.  Let me guess.....Amazon right?  :laugh:

Lol, nope, not yet, only their website.  Bet it won't be long before Amazon  ;)

I spelled it wrong.  Arthrozene  :)

You had to have won a few Teacher of the Year Awards.  Does BB have an award to give you.  :smitten:

None that would have "teacher" in them  :D

[9b...]

Thanks Trishy, I love your adventurous life.  Someday when I get through my clutter I plan to have a life as well.  I did join the Senior Center but haven’t been.  I can’t believe I am dying to go play bingo.

. Hello, are you still taking Ambien? I am trying to figure out which to start tapering first that or Klonopin or both at the same time since one affects the other.  Thanks for any input you can give.

Hi Lookin, sorry just got back from dog walk.

I am still taking Ambien 10mg.  I know I need to cut down to 5 mg but have decided to taper my benzo first.  Advice given was taper one at a time.  Also since insomnia will kick in, I would regret not having Ambien to lean on.

Hi, all.

Don't know how often anyone even checks this group but thought I'd ask a question. I've been reading through all the posts on this thread/topic and it seems like most people are having physical issues getting worse around their cycle (or problems with their cycles). I get that too but my symptoms are more psychological around my cycle and I feel absolutely psychotic (suicidal, crazy, depressed, anxious, fear..you name it). I just turned 46 and I've had hormones tested which were are "normal." Does anyone else get this or am I the only one??

You are definitely not alone! I'm 45yrs old, and 43 months free of xanax. I only get symptoms now the week before my period. Last night I literally cried and lashed out at everyone I love, now today I'm good. I also don't sleep that week, up at 3am or 4am. I think that plays a role. Other than that im living a very normal life, minus the week of my period! And it's not every month that I'm affected, like every 3 months. So I was curious about hormones too.

Thank you for posting this. It gives me hope that things will improve the farther out I go. Glad your doing relatively well!

Hi, all.

Don't know how often anyone even checks this group but thought I'd ask a question. I've been reading through all the posts on this thread/topic and it seems like most people are having physical issues getting worse around their cycle (or problems with their cycles). I get that too but my symptoms are more psychological around my cycle and I feel absolutely psychotic (suicidal, crazy, depressed, anxious, fear..you name it). I just turned 46 and I've had hormones tested which were are "normal." Does anyone else get this or am I the only one??

You are definitely not alone! I'm 45yrs old, and 43 months free of xanax. I only get symptoms now the week before my period. Last night I literally cried and lashed out at everyone I love, now today I'm good. I also don't sleep that week, up at 3am or 4am. I think that plays a role. Other than that im living a very normal life, minus the week of my period! And it's not every month that I'm affected, like every 3 months. So I was curious about hormones too.

[9b...]

Hi Lookin, sorry just got back from dog walk.

I am still taking Ambien 10mg.  I know I need to cut down to 5 mg but have decided to taper my benzo first.  Advice given was taper one at a time.  Also since insomnia will kick in, I would regret not having Ambien to lean on.

Thanks for your reply. Do you get interdose withdrawal from that since it is so short acting.  I sometimes feel like that is the drug giving me the most problems.  How long have you been tapering benzo?  Do you feel okay?  Do you get more than a few hours sleep on Ambien.  I wake up after a few!

I dose 4 times with lorazepam 8a 2p 8p 2a.  I’m not even concerned about Ambien yet in regards to half life. So no, I don’t think it’s the problem.  I wake several times and it’s annoying.  I’m sure there will come a time where I won’t sleep, but not gonna dwell on what if’s.  I’m waiting for this whole ordeal to be over, but it’s giving me time to learn patience, meditation, breathing.  There’s so many useful things on a YouTube!

Oh, started tapering around August 2018 from 4 mg.  By December I got to 2 mg but my back muscles were killing me and I couldn’t figure out why.  Went to a chiropractor but absolutely NO relief.  I had an epidural but they make me pretty sick for nearly 2 months.  I went back up on lorazepam and backache disappeared so I knew it was all from tapering.  Tapered back down from there and now going a snails pace and longer holds.  My doctors say it will be another year but it may take me longer.  I just don’t ever want to go back on this med ever when I get off

[9b...]

I dose 4 times with lorazepam 8a 2p 8p 2a.  I’m not even concerned about Ambien yet in regards to half life. So no, I don’t think it’s the problem.  I wake several times and it’s annoying.  I’m sure there will come a time where I won’t sleep, but not gonna dwell on what if’s.  I’m waiting for this whole ordeal to be over, but it’s giving me time to learn patience, meditation, breathing.  There’s so many useful things on a YouTube!

Can’t believe I found someone in the same situation as me!  I am at my wits end stressing over this and thinking there is no way out.  Have even wondered if I will have to just updose and live my life again.  When you went back to it after your back problem, the withdrawals went away? I really want off and am scared to death.  Thank you for sticking with me.

No the back pain went away.  If I Taper very slowly and minimally I don’t get bad withdrawals.  They are annoying.  Sometimes my head hurts on top so I ice it.  The back pain is the worse symptom for me.  I walk every morning, sit down and rest, do housework, sit and rest, meditate, rest, breathe,rest, cook dinner, rest.  You get the picture.  You’ll be surprised how many are in exactly the same situation as us or everyone has a little bit of the exact same backgrounds. 

Don’t stress it, you don’t want to ramp up your anxiety.  Think positive, it counts more than you realize.  Try to live a life through this whole process.  Don’t make withdrawal your life.

Don’t be afraid, it’s challenging but it’s doable and you will be stronger for it.

We are all here for you and each other!

[9b...]

No the back pain went away.  If I Taper very slowly and minimally I don’t get bad withdrawals.  They are annoying.  Sometimes my head hurts on top so I ice it.  The back pain is the worse symptom for me.  I walk every morning, sit down and rest, do housework, sit and rest, meditate, rest, breathe,rest, cook dinner, rest.  You get the picture.  You’ll be surprised how many are in exactly the same situation as us or everyone has a little bit of the exact same backgrounds. 

Don’t stress it, you don’t want to ramp up your anxiety.  Think positive, it counts more than you realize.  Try to live a life through this whole process.  Don’t make withdrawal your life.

Don’t be afraid, it’s challenging but it’s doable and you will be stronger for it.

We are all here for you and each other!

Thank you for your support and encouragement. I am starting from a bad place having discontinued Remeron in June.  Thought all these symptoms were due to that but now I realize when I discontinued that, I cut my Klonopin dose as well and went into withdrawal.  Did you ever get any numbness?  Thank you again.  I’m glad you and handling things so well. I hope I can too!

Oh yes numbness and tingling in my feet.  A year ago I was always freezing and my feet were like ice.  My neurologist says it’s not from Benzos but from my degeneration in my back which shows on my MRI.  I don’t believe her.  I think it’s the Benzos.  Everybody seems to have that one.  Also tinnitus. 

I’ve read whenever you taper psych drugs, do them one at a time, go slowly and wait a year before tapering another drug.  Your CNS needs time to heal.

Keep a journal, write down your cuts and your symptoms.  I buy a yearly journal that breaks down by month and also dates.  You’ll start to recognize the pattern.  They seem to cycle.  Then you’ll know when it’s safe to cut again. 

Of course you can do this!  No problem.  Bring it on.  Remember ATTITUDE.

How many times a day do you dose Your Klonopin?  You may need to dose more frequently.  I love the DLMT.  Builder can make you a schedule if you tell him how many times a day you want to dose and what your total dosage for a day is.  Your symptoms may level out and you will feel better.  Also have an endocrinologist check your thyroid levels.  That’s a fasting blood test early in AM.  My thyroid has been nuked so I will be on meds the rest of my life.

[9b...]

How many times a day do you dose Your Klonopin?  You may need to dose more frequently.  I love the DLMT.  Builder can make you a schedule if you tell him how many times a day you want to dose and what your total dosage for a day is.  Your symptoms may level out and you will feel better.  Also have an endocrinologist check your thyroid levels.  That’s a fasting blood test early in AM.  My thyroid has been nuked so I will be on meds the rest of my life.

Oh my gosh, we have so much in common. Yes, thyroid levels totally out of whack this summer and started right after coming off Remeron!  And I had my thyroid removed due to benign nodules.  Endo has changed medications 3 times already trying to get me to feel better.  But I really I feel this was from the withdrawals of Remeron and now this tolerance withdrawal form K.  I just wish I could sleep more, but that Ambien is meant only for. Putting you to sleep.  I know I have to get the thyroid under control before beginning tapering.  But these symptoms are driving me nuts—twitches all over. 

Get your thyroid levels under control.  That could be a reason why you feel bad.  I asked my doctor specifically for Synthroid and not generic levothyroxine.  He told me if you are sensitive to meds which most of us on benzo are, it was a smarter move.  Levothyroxine only has to be within a specific range and it's wide.  Synthroid costs more but I feel better.  If you have private insurance they can give you a card where it won't cost more than 25 monthly. If you have Medicare it just costs more period.  You might have to appeal to insurance company if they only offer generic.  Your doctor can fight that easily if your sensitive to meds and you still feel bad on generic dosage.  That's the first thing I would take care of,

2nd I would split your Klonopin into at least 3 doses.  You'd get better advice on Klonopin thread on how often they dose..like I said I dose 4 times daily.

I prefer DLMT cuz it's so precise.  If you dry cut, each of your pills weigh differently.  That would drive me insane and it's TOO much math.  Like I said, Builder can make you a great DLMT schedule and tell you how to make your solution.  The guy is s genius.

I you may make a mistake the first couple times but you'll quickly turn into a pro.  It's so easy.

[9b...]

Get your thyroid levels under control.  That could be a reason why you feel bad.  I asked my doctor specifically for Synthroid and not generic levothyroxine.  He told me if you are sensitive to meds which most of us on benzo are, it was a smarter move.  Levothyroxine only has to be within a specific range and it's wide.  Synthroid costs more but I feel better.  If you have private insurance they can give you a card where it won't cost more than 25 monthly. If you have Medicare it just costs more period.  You might have to appeal to insurance company if they only offer generic.  Your doctor can fight that easily if your sensitive to meds and you still feel bad on generic dosage.  That's the first thing I would take care of,

. I was on Synthroid, then switched. To Levoxyl, then back to Synthroid with a title Armour (that had t3) and not Tyrosdent, the same as Synthroid but without the fillers.  I feel so horrible, it is difficult to know if this is better.  Will have to look at levels.  I agree this is most important.  But I do worry about it making the Klonpin tolerance withdrawals worse!  Ugh!  Told my endo that the reason for all of this is most likely withdrawal symptoms from wing on benzo for so long and same dose.  Gave her a few articles about it.  She has been great trying to find an endo reason for my feeling this way. 

[9b...]

Then definitely dose Klonopin more than once a day

Tomrrow going to see a psychiatrist on the Mad In America list.  Hope he an be helpful.  I’’ll let you know.  How do I find this thread?  Still trying to figure this all out.

[81...]