Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning Janice l am ok honey.lt is what it is l can't change it so l will do what is best for me.l may hold until after Xmas however we will see how it goes.The animals are ok l think early days yet so we will see in a couple of weeks.l really hope you have a good Sunday honey enyoy your time with your little girl.l will be back next week sometime.love you.

Morning Olive l for one am glad to see you back.You are an example of how long holds can really help.Please take it easy tapering honey there really isn't any rush.Remember the long half life.l do not want to see you getting slammed.l have a good memory but it takes work.l am a great believer in use it or lose it.Crosswords and general knowledge quizzes keep me sharp so l will continue to do them.l hope you have a withdrawal free day honey.love to you.

Morning Suzy l ain't going anywhere.l will let everyone know when l decide to go.Will l be here for another couple of years l would think not but l will be here for as long as l need to be.l really won't be on a lot as l want to go out and live life.lt isn't easy however it needs to be done.l will always be checking in to see how everyone is doing.l really hope you start to feel better honey.Stay strong.love you.

Morning Feeling just don't spend too much time here honey.l know it is good that people understand what we are going through however it can also have a negative impact on our mental health so everything in moderation.love to you.

Morning Bill l think we all have withdrawal symptoms while tapering however keeping them tolerable is the goal and so far you appear to be managing that.Well done l really hope you continue to get off the benzo without any major issues.love to you.

. Will be back later in the week when l really hope lady Mary and Trish have posted.Thinking of you my lovely friends.

Love and hugs Stut X

[fc...]

Hello,

I feel that I am experiencing withdrawal symptoms that are more intense than my withdrawal symptoms from Remeron in June.  Getting numbness around mouth and on bottoms of feet,adrenaline surges with fast heartbeat, no sleeping, burning in chest. Does this sound like Klonopin withdrawal?

Have not yet started a taper!!!! Thank you.

Hello,

I feel that I am experiencing withdrawal symptoms that are more intense than my withdrawal symptoms from Remeron in June.  Getting numbness around mouth and on bottoms of feet,adrenaline surges with fast heartbeat, no sleeping, burning in chest. Does this sound like Klonopin withdrawal?

Lookinup, I'm sorry you're having all this trouble. The medication that you have come off of is the one likely to be causing these symptoms. You tapered  remeron in only three months, and that was only four months ago. I have seen people having wd sxs from antidepressants for much longer than that. I would believe it is remeron withdrawals that you're experiencing. I think you could join the remeron support group here on BBs and see if these symptoms are typical of mirtazapine withdrawal. If it were me, I wouldn't even think of tapering klonopin until you're well over these wd sxs from remeron, which might take a while. Please ask for more advice in the remeron tapering group here on BBs. I think they could help too.

[fc...]

Hello,

Lookinup, I'm sorry you're having all this trouble. The medication that you have come off of is the one likely to be causing these symptoms. You tapered  remeron in only three months, and that was only four months ago. I have seen people having wd sxs from antidepressants for much longer than that. I would believe it is remeron withdrawals that you're experiencing. I think you could join the remeron support group here on BBs and see if these symptoms are typical of mirtazapine withdrawal. If it were me, I wouldn't even think of tapering klonopin until you're well over these wd sxs from remeron, which might take a while. Please ask for more advice in the remeron tapering group here on BBs. I think they could help too.

Thanks.  I am on a FB site with others withdrawing from Remeron.  These symptoms don’t seem to Match up to most of theirs.  But, they do match up with benzo withdrawal. And the fact that I’ve been on such a long hold makes me worry!

Lookinup, apart from the fb page, join the remeron group here on BBs and ask about these symptoms, because there are hundreds of people here on remeron.

Lookinup;

What is your klonipin usage.  Iylt seems to me by looking at your sig that you were 9n .5 ane 1.5. Did you recectly cut to .5. Plus your just came of remeron which causes wd sxsml. What are you doing eith the prozac and ambien you cut thos too. I wm just trying t8 understand what you are doing

Sorry about the typos. I just had to take my contacts out. I lose my close up vision with them. Like vnm said you can have remeton sx for a while.  Othet ppl on here had a very hard time.

[fc...]

Lookinup;

What is your klonipin usage.  Iylt seems to me by looking at your sig that you were 9n .5 ane 1.5. Did you recectly cut to .5. Plus your just came of remeron which causes wd sxsml. What are you doing eith the prozac and ambien you cut thos too. I wm just trying t8 understand what you are doing

I am on .5 Klonopin and yes still taking the 5 mg Prozac and 7.5 Ambien.  Yes, knew nothing about REmeron and tapering when I went off so quickly.  Some say going off Mirtz. Could have disrupted Klonopin level and caused w/d.

[fc...]

When did all the sx start?

. Started with Remeron withdrawal side effects.  Numbing feet started about then and got worse,  Mouth numbness just started about a week ago.  Feel twitchy about an hour before Klonopin though.

It sounds like the remeron. I dont think.if you have been on  .5 k for a year and a half that it would be the k. That is just my opinion. Maybe just take a look at the ambien thtead and ask them if they had wd sx when coming of. Also let rhem know how long you have been on the ambien. It could be a cood be a combination of the ambien and remeteon wd. I would not start tapering anything at this time. The last thing you need is to make it worse. I am sorry you are going through this. You also need to make sure you are coming of that ambien the right way. I would also adk my dr about this and ask dr about the ambien.

[fc...]

It sounds like the remeron. I dont think.if you have been on  .5 k for a year and a half that it would be the k. That is just my opinion. Maybe just take a look at the ambien thtead and ask them if they had wd sx when coming of. Also let rhem know how long you have been on the ambien. It could be a cood be a combination of the ambien and remeteon wd. I would not start tapering anything at this time. The last thing you need is to make it worse. I am sorry you are going through this. You also need to make sure you are coming of that ambien the right way. I would also adk my dr about this and ask dr about the ambien.

I have been on K for about 20 years at varying doses from .5 to 1.5, got to .25 in spring then with Remeron withdrawal, went up to .5. Is it okay to just hold despite side effects if it is due to either of them?

Lookinup, you also cut the ambien in June and that was a big cut on the ambien. I would stay still with the klonopin until you've managed to come off the ambien. I'm no expert ok? However through all that I've read here and looking at your signature and what you say, it seems like more remeron wds plus possible ambien wds. There's a Z drug group here on BBs and I would join that too. I would stay put on the klonopin and explore the Z drug group and ask them about the ambien. This is just my opinion.

I agree with everything Dehytq said too.

Ok..so you went down from .25 this spring and and you went back up to .5. I would hold on the .5. There is alot going on. Maybe you were feeling some k wd sx. Its hard to know with all the changes. I would hold everything. I hope some more knowlegde ppl will chime in and help. If you are having bad sx it would not be a good time to taper. Just let things settle down. Keep reaching out for support and just keep trying to distract if you are panicky. You will be ok just let things settle down. Hopefully more will chime in soon.  :smitten:

[fc...]

Lookinup, you also cut the ambien in June and that was a big cut on the ambien. I would stay still with the klonopin until you've managed to come off the ambien. I'm no expert ok? However through all that I've read here and looking at your signature and what you say, it seems like more remeron wds plus possible ambien wds. There's a Z drug group here on BBs and I would join that too. I would stay put on the klonopin and explore the Z drug group and ask them about the ambien. This is just my opinion.

I agree with everything Dehytq said too.

Thank you very much!

Hey Mary, I tested way low on Vit D this winter, I think the normal levels were 30-100 and mine was 19... I took 10,000 iu a day for 30 days and then tested again and was at normal levels. Now I take 1000-2000iu every few days just to maintain. I didn't have any problems with taking it. My functional med doctor told me that low Vit D could be making me feel very bad. I did start to feel a bit better after getting my levels stabilized.

Thorne is a very good brand. Ortho also has a D3/K2 that is good too.

Thanks OK, I am changing my diet, eating lots of food with D and some magnesium and eating anti inflammatory.  Low d is suppose to cause bone and muscle pain, which is kicking my butt right now, so here is hoping it helps.  I will look up the brands you suggested.  Thanks girlfriend, Mary 💜💜

Hey everyone, miss you guys.  Hoping to feel better soon so I can feel like posting too. 

Stut, what is going on?  I will go read in The Village.  Love you and all the babies.  Has the lurgy finally passed and how is the Lad?  I hope some of your strength is coming back and the treatment is working for Socks and Daisy.  Love you my Queen,  Lady Mary 💚💚💚💚

You are all doing such a good job supporting each other  :)

Stut my twin, Bill, Olive Kitty, DD, FH, Espy and if I missed anyone I'm very sorry it's not intentional. I just want to say thank you to all of you for your kind words you're a great group of people and I'm lucky to have such wonderful people in my corner. I was feeling a little vulnerable the other day and really felt like it was time to move on but it was a ridiculous thought or a benzo thought.. Who knows?? Who knows what's wd these days and what is just having a bad day. I can't tell the difference anymore. Any how I'll be around and thanks again you guys for the supportive, kind words.

Love to all,

Trish ❤️

Mm,

Glad you popped in. Miss you! Hoping you feel better very soon!

Love dd  :smitten:

Love you 2 DD.  Holding on, hope you are feeling better, MM.  💜💜

[92...]