Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Morning Free yes they will be keeping new prescriptions for benzo use to the minimum.l don't know if they will stop GP's prescribing them they will definitely only be able to prescribe for a couple of weeks.l think you will be ok Free try not to worry honey.love you my Free.X

Morning Free yes they will be keeping new prescriptions for benzo use to the minimum.l don't know if they will stop GP's prescribing them they will definitely only be able to prescribe for a couple of weeks.l think you will be ok Free try not to worry honey.love you my Free.X

GPS will stop prescribing even to people who have been on them for years? Well that's going to b be fun to see in Spain. Most people who are on benzos here her their prescription through their GP. Are they going to jerk them all off? I was counting on gps if my psych doctor drops me.

This is for US but it is only the opinion of my gp.  It might never happen so don’t worry.  :thumbsup:

Hi Free, I think you're right it may never happen. I think they learned a huge lesson here in the US when they were ripping people off their opioids that resulted in many deaths. I think it's highly unlikely they'll make that same mistake again. I think if they told gp's they couldn't prescribe benzo's then they'd have to tell them they couldn't prescribe ad's as well. I just can't see that kind of freedom to practice medicine being taken away from any Dr. I think if your Dr is right about that happening one day it's very, very far into the future. I think those of us long time users would still be prescribed until tapered off. What I think will definitely happen is Drs deciding for themselves that they will no longer prescribe benzo's to New patients for the treatment of anxiety.

Feel better free I know how much you suffer and I pray for you and everyone in this group 🙏♥️

TT♥️

GPS will stop prescribing even to people who have been on them for years? Well that's going to b be fun to see in Spain. Most people who are on benzos here her their prescription through their GP. Are they going to jerk them all off? I was counting on gps if my psych doctor drops me.

Janice you misinterpreted what l wrote.l will say that people will no longer be started on long term benzo treatment by GP'S.l can only say what is happening here.People who are on long term benzo treatment are being asked to come to the GP surgeries to have a chat regarding tapering off.As far as l am aware no one is being forced to taper and the prescriptions are not being stopped.Now l don't know about Spain just what is happening here.Try not to worry please.X

Morning twin! 😃 How are you feeling? I'm doing ok accept Rich was snoring last night and I've been up since 2 am! 🤬

Yes, so I'm never going to read those stories again. I think I wandered over there bc of boredom and being up all those wee hrs of the morning I had to do something. Well big mistake I won't be making the rounds on BB anytime soon. Not good for me. I'm glad these stories help others but the ones I read didn't help me. They made me sad all the sadness and suffering they went through to get out of benzo prison ☹️

So I hope you have a good day, you and the pups. I read they are on meds 🤞 they get better.

Love you tiny Irish woman,

LST♥️

Morning twin! 😃 How are you feeling? I'm doing ok accept Rich was snoring last night and I've been up since 2 am! 🤬

Yes, so I'm never going to read those stories again. I think I wandered over there bc of boredom and being up all those wee hrs of the morning I had to do something. Well big mistake I won't be making the rounds on BB anytime soon. Not good for me. I'm glad these stories help others but the ones I read didn't help me. They made me sad all the sadness and suffering they went through to get out of benzo prison ☹️

So I hope you have a good day, you and the pups. I read they are on meds 🤞 they get better.

LST♥️

Morning Trish l don't miss the snoring lol.l have to say l don't read very much on here.l find it irritates me more than anything else 😂.l know it doesn't scare me l just hate the way people are hounded off benzos.I also have a big problem with people who say l know better than anyone else because l have been here X amount of years and l am right and you are wrong.Well the only person that is an expert on me is me.Anyway what are you up to today honey?l have my big nephew's coming for a visit.l have very little food in the house so they probably won't stay long 😂. love you my lST X

LST♥️

Morning Trish l don't miss the snoring lol.l have to say l don't read very much on here.l find it irritates me more than anything else 😂.l know it doesn't scare me l just hate the way people are hounded off benzos.I also have a big problem with people who say l know better than anyone else because l have been here X amount of years and l am right and you are wrong.Well the only person that is an expert on me is me.Anyway what are you up to today honey?l have my big nephew's coming for a visit.l have very little food in the house so they probably won't stay long 😂. love you my lST X

You're right twin! I don't like the know it alls either.

I have a busy weekend! I have to go to my neices house tonight with my sisters. We are making baskets filled with all different kinds of things for the church fair. I have to get my hair done tomorrow and then church on Sunday. Tonight won't be much fun on little sleep though 😔

So the big boys are coming over today huh? No food in the house? You better get your Irish buns to the store and get to the business of baking for those young men. I have quite a few of those in my family and they can eat enough for an army! Of course if you want then gone in a hurry just throw them a biscuit and call it a day twinny 😁 love you much you wonderful woman 😘❤️

LST♥️

I have a busy weekend! I have to go to my neices house tonight with my sisters. We are making baskets filled with all different kinds of things for the church fair. I have to get my hair done tomorrow and then church on Sunday. Tonight won't be much fun on little sleep though 😔

So the big boys are coming over today huh? No food in the house? You better get your Irish buns to the store and get to the business of baking for those young men. I have quite a few of those in my family and they can eat enough for an army! Of course if you want then gone in a hurry just throw them a biscuit and call it a day twinny 😁 love you much you wonderful woman 😘❤️

Sounds as though you have a busy weekend honey good for you.l have a couple of stale crackers somewhere that will do them.Honestly they would eat you out of house and home.Well l think l see their car.Have a good day twiny.love you my lST X

LST♥️

Sounds as though you have a busy weekend honey good for you.l have a couple of stale crackers somewhere that will do them.Honestly they would eat you out of house and home.Well l think l see their car.Have a good day twiny.love you my lST X

Stale crackers 😄😂😂.. Enjoy your day twin!

Love you!

LST❤️

Off to the shower. Hope everyone here has as a good a day as possible given the circumstances.

Peace and healing and love to all,

Trish ❤️

Janice you misinterpreted what l wrote.l will say that people will no longer be started on long term benzo treatment by GP'S.l can only say what is happening here.People who are on long term benzo treatment are being asked to come to the GP surgeries to have a chat regarding tapering off.As far as l am aware no one is being forced to taper and the prescriptions are not being stopped.Now l don't know about Spain just what is happening here.Try not to worry please.X

Thank God. Thank you Stut.

Then she tells je it is imposdible to ve in interdose wd for a year. When i was on the 2 mg x. I shook violently in the morning. Then i went to work becuz noone belived me. Sosny things she daid were alarming and she daid stsy offl8ne. Ahhh the devil she is

She must be using the hypocratic oath as toilet paper.

VNM,  that made me laugh out loud.  Well said.  Not a funny situation but very well said. 

Thanks Stut,

I should have known better. Sjw has never listened to me. I am just going to say im ok het my meds and that is it. Feeling better now. Shes a witch!

I hope you start feeling better soon. Do you still have the virus? Is you daughter better? I feel sx everyday too. What fan we do. We just have to keep going day by day anf we will be off this poison!! Love you  :smitten:

Hi TT,

I kmow some of tjose success stories freak me out. Some are good. If i start reading one thatsvtrigung i shut i down! Are you ok? How is the cut going? I live Grand central station too.  :smitten:

Mmm,

Hope you are doing ok today. We miss you  :-[ we just have to keep reminding  ourselves we are healing. I forget sometimes. I donr know why it has to hurt so much  :-[  I am praying for Windows for us all.  Love you dd  :smitten:

Are you ok today DD?  Your doc is awful.  I hope you find a better one.  Meanwhile do what you have to in order to keep your sanity.  You are too nice for all that nonsense she put you through.

Thanks Gp!

I could nit believe the things sje ssid. I think there is something wrong with her. I will just get my meds and not have any type of conversation with her at all. Ugh. I will still look for a new dr.

How are tou feeling? Is your back any better?

My back is still a problem but I finally got a script for physical therapy.  I hope it works.  At least it’s not a pill.  Yes, there is something wrong with your doctor.  Nobody should be treated that way.  I’m sorry you had to go through that.  Are you still using your Wahl massager?

I use it matbe every  :smitten:other day. I did use it last night my mucles felt awful. It does help. I dont use it everyday. Im afraid i.might over do it. This is so rediculous! That is good you are going to.pt. I really liked it. I think.that will help. It is def better than taking a pill.  :smitten:

I tend to overdo it with my Wahl and feel like my muscles have been beat up the next day.  But it feels so good when the massager is on.  I seriously need to start making massage a weekly ritual as well.  I  go to those cheaper massage places where you buy a membership and I have so many accumulated.  I even found a great girl there, but somehow I just don’t make the time.  I never know how I’m going to feel the next day.

Oh, I completely underdtand. A couple months ago my muscles wete so sensitive. I could not believe it. I would get a massage and 8 felt beat up for a week. I also bruised everywere. Then I stopped. I got the eahls massager and used it and the next day it hurt so bad. I couldnt believe how sensitive my muscles wete. So zi stopped using it. I was going to return it and i lost the receipt. Then, I just started doing alot of stretching everyday. I did the exercises i learned at pt. I started walking. Ibstsrted using the massager again. After a couple of months my mucles were bouncing back. If i felt really bad 8 just stuck with stretching. Ice. It eas a constant battle. Now my.muscles can take the massager. I can use the resistance bands. Ot was get5ing really good until i went on the nrw generic teva. My mucles are a mess again. But, not as bad as the were. They are not sensitive. I feel they are stronger and csn take more. Inhave to sttetch everday . After i sttetch walk ice. I feel ok. I hope this makes sense . Its so crazy. I think pt will help and you walk and dont get eiscouraged

I know it sucks. I use the massager now and it helps i d9nt feel beat up. Seriously, it was so scary. This drug is so harsh on the muscles. I have the summer of 69 in my head..ahhh Reminds me of having fun at the beach. Lol

[ab...]