Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Suzy I'm so sorry you're going through the typical denial of doctors when it comes to psych drug withdrawal. I had to taper lexapro for four years and they said there's no lexapro withdrawal. Again, I tapered easily the first time. The second time around was hell. They don't respect us. My experience is that many doctors are willing to learn something new from their patients. Their patients are too stupid in their view. It's not you Suzy it's them. I went to five doctors and they all told me my dose was too low to have bwd. Finally I found this one now. He didn't believe me at first, but talking and talking he realized ok this woman is in hellish bwd. They don't understand these drugs, they don't understand some people can come off 15 mgs of Valium in three weeks, while others will be housebound coming off 5mgs for the third or fourth time due to kindling. How come I know all this and they not only don't know but they don't even want to learn? I really hope there's karma because I'm not seeing any justice in this life. Suzy you'll be ok. Try to stash a bit if you can and I don't know how it is in the US but can you slowly look for another doctor? I went to FIVE before I found this one. One of them wanted to CT the Valium and put me back on Lexapro after four years tapering!!! I left running for my life. I hope someone sues him. I don't have the energy.

Thanks Janice,

I am sorry you went through that. That is so mentally damaging to add on top of the hell we are already going through. I wonder if thet know anything about psych drugs at all. I really do. Were did they get there degrees out of a bubble gum machine. I feel like they are control freaks. They just dont listen or even try too. They nake me sick. I want to scream. I am glad your new psych believes you. It seems like the drs here are like the ones in Spain.  I honestly cant believe any of this ar all. Love u Suzy

Thanks marvelous magnific3nt ufo mary,

I am so upset. She was horrible. She sa8d she never geard anyobe say the things i said before about benzos. She said she has been doing this along time and said to ne are you a dr. Then the alcohol i stopped four years ago. I will look for another dr . This is why it took me so long to get here because of drs likevgerm love dd

Hope you are feeling better mm..love you

Why they keep saying "I never heard that about benzos" is beyond me, c when there are millions of us worldwide. There must be a reason for this denial. One day we'll know. Suzy it'll be ok. Finally for how long has she prescribed this time?

I know v,

I dont understand either. Maybe she was lying. Maybe when they came ti her the pts d8dnt know what was wrong and she polydrugged them. That made me feel like such a loser. U dont know why they are in denial. It seems to be the only dangerous drug they defend. Why? All you have to do is bring 8t up and they jump all over you and tell you its un your head. I really hope they all get put awarly for the psychological damage they put us all thru.

Thanks marvelous magnific3nt ufo mary,

I am so upset. She was horrible. She sa8d she never geard anyobe say the things i said before about benzos. She said she has been doing this along time and said to ne are you a dr. Then the alcohol i stopped four years ago. I will look for another dr . This is why it took me so long to get here because of drs likevgerm love dd

Hope you are feeling better mm..love you

Why they keep saying "I never heard that about benzos" is beyond me, c when there are millions of us worldwide. There must be a reason for this denial. One day we'll know. Suzy it'll be ok. Finally for how long has she prescribed this time?

There is a reason, don't want to feel responsible, ego, afraid someone might try to sue, all kinds of reasons that have nothing to do with caring about their patients.  :tickedoff:  and when we need care the most.  :(

Thanks Janice,

I am sorry you went through that. That is so mentally damaging to add on top of the hell we are already going through. I wonder if thet know anything about psych drugs at all. I really do. Were did they get there degrees out of a bubble gum machine. I feel like they are control freaks. They just dont listen or even try too. They nake me sick. I want to scream. I am glad your new psych believes you. It seems like the drs here are like the ones in Spain.  I honestly cant believe any of this ar all. Love u Suzy

Suzy,

Yes this one supports me so far but I never trust anything wholeheartedly. I know I have to be prepared for any outcome. New laws, a change of opinion, he could even move, who knows. I'm watching a lot of eckhart tolle videos. It's the only thing that gives me a minimum of peace of mind. He says whatever life sends our way is because that's the best for us at that point, even if we don't see it. He says life sends us what we need. I know this sounds super dumb when it's a CT we're fearing here. But he says it differently and he reaches me. It's bedtime. Gnight.. I'm saying my prayers for the group and then watching big brother. Superficial TV is saving my life. Love you and I really care about you and about this group.

Then she tells je it is imposdible to ve in interdose wd for a year. When i was on the 2 mg x. I shook violently in the morning. Then i went to work becuz noone belived me. Sosny things she daid were alarming and she daid stsy offl8ne. Ahhh the devil she is

Then she tells je it is imposdible to ve in interdose wd for a year. When i was on the 2 mg x. I shook violently in the morning. Then i went to work becuz noone belived me. Sosny things she daid were alarming and she daid stsy offl8ne. Ahhh the devil she is

She must be using the hypocratic oath as toilet paper.

My therapist was not into me being on BB either until I told her the support I was getting and how everyone here was encouraging me to get off the drug and after that she was all for it. She needed a better understanding of what BB was all about and that it was filled with people wanting off benzos and in fact that was what BB was made for. I told her that it was filled with support and encouragement and how many people were successful at getting off benzos but I did emphasize to her that they led their own tapers and were not meeting some unrealistic, demanding goal of some Dr who rarely knows how to help a patient taper off these drugs. Now she is all for this group and me being here.

Mine wouldnt like bb at all. I just told her i was part of a benzo support group. And she just looked ar me and just kept talking asbour how i have to move forward and stop yhink8ng of the past. It was a long time ago. Benzo wd just doesnt go away after a few months! Ihate her

Love you too Mary, hoping you feel better soon.  Yea, my prescriber said that about gps not being able to prescribe and I worry.  Look what happened with painkillers.  GPs won’t touch them now.  I went to Er about a year ago and one of the first things they said was they wouldn’t give any narcotic med.  Sad.  All the things coming out now about Benzo it wouldn’t surprise me if they do the same thing.  I’m in pain management because I have other issues and even they are feeling pushback.  They treat you like a junkie, it’s humiliating.  Anyway, don’t want to scare anyone, it may never happen but I see things going that way.  Love to all and feel better all.💕❤️💕🙏🏼💕❤️

My therapist was not into me being on BB either until I told her the support I was getting and how everyone here was encouraging me to get off the drug and after that she was all for it. She needed a better understanding of what BB was all about and that it was filled with people wanting off benzos and in fact that was what BB was made for. I told her that it was filled with support and encouragement and how many people were successful at getting off benzos but I did emphasize to her that they led their own tapers and were not meeting some unrealistic, demanding goal of some Dr who rarely knows how to help a patient taper off these drugs. Now she is all for this group and me being here.

I told mine about bb too, and I know she signed on, even told me her and other Dr had read over some of it. 

Love you too Mary, hoping you feel better soon.  Yea, my prescriber said that about gps not being able to prescribe and I worry.  Look what happened with painkillers.  GPs won’t touch them now.  I went to Er about a year ago and one of the first things they said was they wouldn’t give any narcotic med.  Sad.  All the things coming out now about Benzo it wouldn’t surprise me if they do the same thing.  I’m in pain management because I have other issues and even they are feeling pushback.  They treat you like a junkie, it’s humiliating.  Anyway, don’t want to scare anyone, it may never happen but I see things going that way.  Love to all and feel better all.💕❤️💕🙏🏼💕❤️

There were so many deaths when Dr's cut the pain meds off, I am hoping that scared them badly enough not to do that with benzo's.  I was torn about the Lisa Ling show, but I have to hope what has happened to us, and many behind us, this doesn't happen to.  There has to be some hope our medical system improves.  My pharmacist says Xanax is their #1 selling drug.  She use to work at VA and they no longer prescribe benzo's to new patients.  Love you to free  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi free,

I am sorry you are in do much pain. I hate the way they yreat us. I never abused k. If anything i took less. It wasnt like i was craving then. I didnt even feel anything but it worked like a placebo for my anxiety.  Hopefully we will all be thru our tapers  before anything drastic happens. The way some of these drs are in denial and some wont pres at all. Thst is how my whole wd started. A dr who didnt pres. It is pretty much the reg med drs who dont pres. I dont know anymoren all so inhumane.

Tjank you espy,

I am all over the place t8day. Everytime i go to a dr it takes me days to rec9ver that is wjy i dont go unless i have to. Imagine if we got ect omg.

Thanks gp..This is awful. I am sorry you have a jackass dr too. I hope your b ack is doung better. I saw a pic of reba. She is gorgeous!!!!

What if im not in bwd and it is somrhing else. This happens everytime i go thru this. Im so confused. I never felt anyth8ng l8ke this. Its not a health problem. I have never had health problems snd no9ne in tje family did either

Just an anxios mess.

Massachusetts unfortunately. I feel like moving

Put on Withdrawal Support thread if anyone knows any benzo wise Dr's in Mass or has a link they can send you.

Then, go to google, put any benzo wise Dr in your city and see if any pop up. 

DD

Massachusetts

Dr. Joseph McCabe, M.D. Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates Cambridge, MA 617-661-5503 617-629-6321

Dr. Rebecca Lundquist Umass Medical Center, Worcester, MA 361 Plantation Street Worcester, MA 01605 508-334-2537

Here's 2

Oh thanks mm!!

I think worcestet is way out thwte. But cambridge us near boston. Im about 20 min from boston.

Great, rest a few days to get over today, make a list of questions you want to ask when you call to try and get appointment and all of us will be on that phone call with you ;). Mostly cause we are noisy

:D

[1d...]