Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

I know i had it on my feet for a while. It drive me nuts. I just have one piece on my lower back and so far its not bugging me. Tim is so sweet. Jim never gives me a massage. Maybe they are weong about ibuprofen. The only other things i found were things we akready do, exceor acupunture. I dont know if that would work. We would have fo go everyday  :smitten:

Let's keep our fingers crossed that our holds help, that's all I can think of anymore.  You should hear me popping and cracking, I sound like that cereal, Snap, Crackle, Pop.  Really  :D. Now I have the damn hiccups  :tickedoff: :tickedoff:  :)

Omg mm;

I crack and pop too. When i first started thr teva my legs sounded like they had rice crispies in them. All my joints pop. I feel ancient.  I hate the hiccups. Just what you needed  :tickedoff:

Oh a little tinnitus awesome! We will just gave to keep holding. Boy, when we are done with this we are going to have one high tolerance to pain!!  :sick::-X:smitten:

Omg mm;

I crack and pop too. When i first started thr teva my legs sounded like they had rice crispies in them. All my joints pop. I feel ancient.  I hate the hiccups. Just what you needed  :tickedoff:

Oh a little tinnitus awesome! We will just gave to keep holding. Boy, when we are done with this we are going to have one high tolerance to pain!!  :sick::-X:smitten:

I am praying for windows for all.......🙏🙏.        We need a break, a long damn break!!

A group.prayer can be very powerful. We should do this!!! We will all turn a corner!!! 🙇‍♀️🙇‍♀️🙇‍♂️

Yes gp...we have finally turned into cereal...lol  :laugh:

My jaws pop.  So now we are cereal?  :sick:

Only cereal if you do at least 2 out of 3.        Snap.      Crackle.      Pop.

I think that's Rice Crispy.  ;D

Guildthelily I am glad you are holding. It really worked well for me, I just finished a year and a half hold and it made a HUGE  difference. Just started tapering again and it is so much easier now.

I'm sorry about your lucid dreams.. I do hope that lets up for you soon. Did you ever have them before Benzos? Do you take anything before bed like Tryptophan or Melatonin? I take Melatonin and have no problems with it but Have heard from others that it can cause nightmares. I also take Tryptophan and it helps me sleep.

Those of you in pain I'm so sorry to hear this. Sending you healing energy! I definitely notice lower back pain and knee pain when walking a lot now, but I wonder if it is Benzos or just my body protesting since I layed around for 2 years.. or maybe it's just getting older.. hopefully not and I will start  to feel better soon!

I blame the Benzos.  They have calmed the nerves and the muscles for so long.  I think it’s just the pain of healing.  Like a scab.  I can’t wait til it’s over.

DD, that lotion has nsaids in it  :(. I just don't know what people do in this much pain.  Heat use to be a big help, that isn't even helping much.  :-\

Mary I'm not caught up but I'm guessing you're in pain by your post to DD . I'm wondering if the nsaid in the cream is so minimal that it wouldn't thin your blood. Sometimes when it's a topical treatment it doesn't absorb like it would if you had ingested it. Just a thought.

TT♥️

Trishy, that is seven eighths of a FULL pill. How many mg is a FULL pill? It is easier to use pizza as an explanation.

Hi English! I'm soooo stupid in math :2funny: :2funny:

Ok so my pills are .25 mgs

I take 1💊 in the morning

1 full 💊 in the afternoon plus half of 💊 and half of a quarter of a 💊

2 full 💊💊 at bed... Make sense 🤦😳

Back up English 🤦.. I take one full pill in the afternoon and one full quarter of a pill and half of another quarter. :crazy:

Trishy,

Sorry to bring up the math again, but I’ve become fixated on it.  I think it’s obsession, a withdrawal symptom!

Your previous post made it seem like you were taking 5 full pills a day.  If those are 0.25 mg pills that’s 1.25 mg a day, but your signature says you were taking 1.125 mg which fooled me!  If you were taking 1.25 mg and cut 0.03125, you are right, that’s a 2.5% cut!  We’re all in agreement now, let’s see how long that lasts.

Take care everyone.

Bill

But Bill I was taking 1.125 mgs until this recent cut. I haven't taken 1.25 mgs for awhile now. Let's try again Mary will send the pie  :laugh: :laugh:

Ok deep breath..

Morning - .25 mgs

Afternoon- .25 mgs + 0.0625 + 0.03125 = 0.34375

Night- .25 + .25 mgs = .5

Daily total = 1.09375 mgs

My recent cut was 0.03125 mgs / instead of eliminating of full quarter I broke the quarter in half and eliminated a half of that quarter piece 0.03125  ::)

so cutting by 0.03125 I will be at 1 mg of Xanax in 3 more cuts of 0.03125 mgs.  :)

PIE ON THE WAY!!  :laugh: :laugh:.. Get on it Mary  ;):laugh: :laugh:

TT  ;)

I will send Bill the best apple 🍎 pie ever for taking care of you.    :laugh: :laugh:

This whole thing is like a game show WHAT'S HER DOSE? COME ON DOWN!  1st prize apple pie ,2nd prize apple pie and 3rd prize... Yup you guessed it more apple pie! :laugh: :laugh:  :D

Trishy I don’t know if this a game show or you’ve been pranking me!  Well you got me good!  :P A little cruel though my brain still ain’t working right....

I will say this, your math skills are improving—-  you’re out to the 5th decimal place!  So 2.78% cut it is.

I can hardly wait for your next cut.  Don’t worry I’ll still be around to help :thumbsup:

D@mn, I’m REALLY starting to crave apple pie....

Noooooo my dear friend Bill no prank I would never do that to you! I'm just that stupid when it comes to math :laugh: :laugh: Now don't go leaving me bc of my lack of math skills  :laugh: I'll bake you all the apple pies you can eat  ;)

Next cut is not this Thursday but next Thursday! Hope to see you here then! 😂😂

You're the best Bill 🙂

TT

Guildthelily I am glad you are holding. It really worked well for me, I just finished a year and a half hold and it made a HUGE  difference. Just started tapering again and it is so much easier now.

I'm sorry about your lucid dreams.. I do hope that lets up for you soon. Did you ever have them before Benzos? Do you take anything before bed like Tryptophan or Melatonin? I take Melatonin and have no problems with it but Have heard from others that it can cause nightmares. I also take Tryptophan and it helps me sleep.

Those of you in pain I'm so sorry to hear this. Sending you healing energy! I definitely notice lower back pain and knee pain when walking a lot now, but I wonder if it is Benzos or just my body protesting since I layed around for 2 years.. or maybe it's just getting older.. hopefully not and I will start  to feel better soon!

Thanks OliveKitty!! No, I never had lucid dreams like this before weaning and the kicker is for years kept a dream journal to try and remember my dreams. Now it’s too much! It’s all uncomfortable situations with people from real life and parts of my brain that are showing up with disturbing images. I’ve gotten to the point where I turn off the news and try to watch/listen to more wholesome shows and music. It’s definitely cutting into good sleep and I thought maybe after a few months since the last cut it would at least slow down but it’s literally every night. It’s not even anything I can talk to someone about because it seems like a “boo boo, first world problem: bad dreams” but it’s more than that. :( I’m trying to just hold and hope it works out. I also take ambien and melatonin and drink valerian tea before bedtime. Actually now that I’m writing it I’m realizing when I first cut my dose earlier this year I couldn’t even sleep thru the night, not even more than a couple hours at a stretch AND had horrible vivid dreams and now it’s just the dreams so maybe that’s progress? I’ll take it! :)

Stut hope you ate better my Queen.  I may not be on in morning, in a lot of pain.  Just wanted to say I love you.  Hope your daughter and Auntie are better and the med came for the babies.  You take care of yourself.  Lady Mary 💚💚💚💚💚💚

Thanks OliveKitty!! No, I never had lucid dreams like this before weaning and the kicker is for years kept a dream journal to try and remember my dreams. Now it’s too much! It’s all uncomfortable situations with people from real life and parts of my brain that are showing up with disturbing images. I’ve gotten to the point where I turn off the news and try to watch/listen to more wholesome shows and music. It’s definitely cutting into good sleep and I thought maybe after a few months since the last cut it would at least slow down but it’s literally every night. It’s not even anything I can talk to someone about because it seems like a “boo boo, first world problem: bad dreams” but it’s more than that. :( I’m trying to just hold and hope it works out. I also take ambien and melatonin and drink valerian tea before bedtime. Actually now that I’m writing it I’m realizing when I first cut my dose earlier this year I couldn’t even sleep thru the night, not even more than a couple hours at a stretch AND had horrible vivid dreams and now it’s just the dreams so maybe that’s progress? I’ll take it! :)

Hey Gild,

It is hard to see our progress when we are feeling so bad, but look at that, you do have some progress! At least you are sleeping! One thing I will say is you might try cutting out the melatonin, even though zi love Melatonin for help with sleep, I have heard from some people that it can cause nightmares.

Hey Gild,

It is hard to see our progress when we are feeling so bad, but look at that, you do have some progress! At least you are sleeping! One thing I will say is you might try cutting out the melatonin, even though zi love Melatonin for help with sleep, I have heard from some people that it can cause nightmares.

OliveKitty, thanks, I hadn’t heard that! I just started taking it about 2 months ago because I was at such a loss for sleep. Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll try to cut it out! :) The ambien is a whole otter beast I didn’t realize would be any issue but I’m just taking it one step and figuring out the xanax first.

You could try cutting out the Melatonin and if you are still having dream issues start taking it again.. I wonder if Ambien can be the culprit causing the dreams?

You could try cutting out the Melatonin and if you are still having dream issues start taking it again.. I wonder if Ambien can be the culprit causing the dreams?

I don’t think so; I’ve been taking Ambien for about 15 years and the vivid dreaming started right after I reduced my xanax dose last January. I would wake up after an hour with night sweats and racing thoughts and have been trying to keep track of my sleep cycle/mood/food/exercise/mental health etc since before then. The symptoms came on suddenly but just wish i could know they would eventually subside.

I don’t think so; I’ve been taking Ambien for about 15 years and the vivid dreaming started right after I reduced my xanax dose last January. I would wake up after an hour with night sweats and racing thoughts and have been trying to keep track of my sleep cycle/mood/food/exercise/mental health etc since before then. The symptoms came on suddenly but just wish i could know they would eventually subside.

Ok then, good it's not the Ambien. Sounds like it's not the Melatonin either. But you could try a night without it and see.. I too hope that this will subside for you!

Welcome Gild l know from experience that vivid dreams are a withdrawal symptom.l have to say l kinda look forward to dreaming.l had lost the ability to dream when on the benzo so to me they are a sign my brain is healing.As for what they mean to me they mean nothing just the ramblings of an anxious mind.l know they can be disturbing however they do lessen.Stay strong.love to you.X

[d9...]