Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

I wonder if we can take allergy medicine..oh noo. I wish these dam gaba rec would move it and wake up. Im afraid to yake anyrhing. The only thing i trust is magnesium and vit c

Some people take Benadryl to help them sleep. 

I wish i could have a tylenol...is that to much to ask. I have a headache. Rediculous!

Me too, I couldn't ever figure out if they are ok or not and my legs hurt  :(

Hey English, love you and Tilly girlfriend 💋💋💋💋💋🐈🐈🐈🐈🐾🐾🐾🐾

If you take too much Tylenol, it’s not ok. And you, Mary were  taking too much. 10 days max of the max dose.

A month and a half of that is too much.

Good night everyone!

I have had 2 acetaminophen in 7 days, no ibu at all.  There are just times I have to take something, but I am trying hard to keep it as low as possible.  💜

I wish i could have a tylenol...is that to much to ask. I have a headache. Rediculous!

If you take too much Tylenol, it’s not ok. And you, Mary were  taking too much. 10 days max of the max dose.

Good night everyone!

I have had 2 acetaminophen in 7 days, no ibu at all.  There are just times I have to take something, but I am trying hard to keep it as low as possible.  💜

Hi Mary,

I know you are trying a new creme for muscle pain.  I've been using something called Hyland's Leg Cramp ointment.  Itd homeopathic and I buy it on Amazon.  I have found it works really well.  I use it not only for my my legs but other parts of my body.  And sometimes I use it with a heating pad. 

The weird thing I'm finding is that after I take my nightime dose if meds is when my legs get tingly and achy.  So strange. 

I also get head pressure, which feels different from a headache.  I know its withdrawal related.  I've been trying to use ice (bag if frozen peas in a hand towel) either on my forehead or back of my neck.  I'd say it works 50% of the time. 

I'm doing okay.  Even though I still cry daily, I've come to accept it's part if my withdrawal.  Read something about it on the Inner Compass withdrawal site. 

https://withdrawal.theinnercompass.org/symptom/crying-spellsweepiness

Hi Stut,

I know you ar feeling low and I am hoping that day by day things get easier for you.  I picture your as a constellation with many people in your circle that you love and care for. 

Thank you for your on going support. 

Trishy, that is seven eighths of a FULL pill. How many mg is a FULL pill? It is easier to use pizza as an explanation.

Hi English! I'm soooo stupid in math :2funny: :2funny:

Ok so my pills are .25 mgs

I take 1💊 in the morning

1 full 💊 in the afternoon plus half of 💊 and half of a quarter of a 💊

2 full 💊💊 at bed... Make sense 🤦😳

Back up English 🤦.. I take one full pill in the afternoon and one full quarter of a pill and half of another quarter. :crazy:

Trishy,

Sorry to bring up the math again, but I’ve become fixated on it.  I think it’s obsession, a withdrawal symptom!

Your previous post made it seem like you were taking 5 full pills a day.  If those are 0.25 mg pills that’s 1.25 mg a day, but your signature says you were taking 1.125 mg which fooled me!  If you were taking 1.25 mg and cut 0.03125, you are right, that’s a 2.5% cut!  We’re all in agreement now, let’s see how long that lasts.

Take care everyone.

Bill

But Bill I was taking 1.125 mgs until this recent cut. I haven't taken 1.25 mgs for awhile now. Let's try again Mary will send the pie  :laugh: :laugh:

Ok deep breath..

Morning - .25 mgs

Afternoon- .25 mgs + 0.0625 + 0.03125 = 0.34375

Night- .25 + .25 mgs = .5

Daily total = 1.09375 mgs

My recent cut was 0.03125 mgs / instead of eliminating of full quarter I broke the quarter in half and eliminated a half of that quarter piece 0.03125  ::)

so cutting by 0.03125 I will be at 1 mg of Xanax in 3 more cuts of 0.03125 mgs.  :)

PIE ON THE WAY!!  :laugh: :laugh:.. Get on it Mary  ;):laugh: :laugh:

TT  ;)

I will send Bill the best apple 🍎 pie ever for taking care of you.    :laugh: :laugh:

This whole thing is like a game show WHAT'S HER DOSE? COME ON DOWN!  1st prize apple pie ,2nd prize apple pie and 3rd prize... Yup you guessed it more apple pie! :laugh: :laugh:  :D

Trishy I don’t know if this a game show or you’ve been pranking me!  Well you got me good!  :P A little cruel though my brain still ain’t working right....

I will say this, your math skills are improving—-  you’re out to the 5th decimal place!  So 2.78% cut it is.

I can hardly wait for your next cut.  Don’t worry I’ll still be around to help :thumbsup:

D@mn, I’m REALLY starting to crave apple pie....

Good night everyone!

Hi Mary,

I know you are trying a new creme for muscle pain.  I've been using something called Hyland's Leg Cramp ointment.  Itd homeopathic and I buy it on Amazon.  I have found it works really well.  I use it not only for my my legs but other parts of my body.  And sometimes I use it with a heating pad. 

The weird thing I'm finding is that after I take my nightime dose if meds is when my legs get tingly and achy.  So strange. 

I also get head pressure, which feels different from a headache.  I know its withdrawal related.  I've been trying to use ice (bag if frozen peas in a hand towel) either on my forehead or back of my neck.  I'd say it works 50% of the time. 

I'm doing okay.  Even though I still cry daily, I've come to accept it's part if my withdrawal.  Read something about it on the Inner Compass withdrawal site. 

https://withdrawal.theinnercompass.org/symptom/crying-spellsweepiness

Thanks FH, if I could get the pain under control I would be so much better.  I will read about it.

Thank you, luv ya!  💜

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone who has had a long hold can give me some encouragement that the vivid dreams will stop or at least slow down. Do many people experience this? I cut my dose from 3 mg to 2 mg of xanax daily over 6 months (I realize that is too fast for me now but it was before I found this group and am now in a long hold). I wake up every morning having experienced vivid and sometimes disturbing or unsettling dreams like I never have before. It’s been like this for the past 10 months since I reduced my dose; does this side effect eventually stop? Thanks for your help!

Hi mmm,

I have been searching gor a cream my dr pres for my.mucle cramps. I cant find it and im sore

Pretty sure its a nom steroidal cream.  Dicflnac

Did you ever hear of it? Msybe we can use that

Can you google it and yell me what you think. Ugh love dd

Hi guild,

I have been having vivid dreams on and off. I am not sure when thwy will go away. You could do a search on bb and see if their are others who have them as well. I am sure i5 is probably part od wd. If you are having really bad sx you might want to hold for a while. 

Thanks Dehytq2, I appreciate the response! I am holding now with no immediate plan to cut until these symptoms subside. The dreams are very disruptive because not only am I getting interrupted sleep and wake up tired but I am often upset by my dreams and then intrusive thoughts increase as well as anxiety and depression and it’s all too much of a vicious cycle sometimes. Frustrating especially when combines with other wd symptoms. I would be more hopeful if I heard anyone’s success story of symptoms eventually stopping! Like is this going to be my new normal for the rest of my life? What would it be like if I were to cut my dose completely with side effects??

You wont be stuck like this forever. You are going through withdrawals. The last thing you want to do it ct. You should go to the home page and read some success stories. Also, If you do not have a taper plan.in place I would go to home page and read through  the taper plans. We have ppl hear that can set up one for you. You really need to go slow. Going to fast will cause awful sx.  :smitten:

Dehytq, Suzy thank you for giving everyone who comes such great advice and for answering their posts. I'm working a lot now, plus kid, paperwork and withdrawal so I don't have much time. You're a very loving person for helping everyone in spite of your own hell going on. I hope you get more windows. I'm full of waves, milder than months ago but really bad compared to pre crash. I'm starting to think I might have to stay on this dose of Valium plus gaba plus trazodone forever who knows. I've started watching eckhart tolle YouTube videos while I do my chores and that is giving me a lot of strength. It's night here and I'm off to see big brother. Love to you  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi vali,

You are working. Do not worry about it. If i see some new ppl i will do my best to help. I am eo sorry you are having waves. Yry yo telax and watch your movie. All the stress you are under is probably revving up sx. Mine rev up when even when i type. I5s so annoying! You have to think you are going to get better. Yoy will heal. I feel like i have 1 good day a week lately and its still not rightm You are not going to he on these drugs forever. Just woery about thw benz. Deal will the others when your stable. I reall6 dont think you are goung to have a prob with the gaba and trazedone. Just relax. It is going to be ok. Love dd

Thanks! I have no immediate plan to taper any further until these symptoms are under control. I’ll def check out the taper plans for when I’m ready to start again but it prob won’t be for a while. I can’t imagine having these lucid dreams with no end in sight and so far after 11 months they are still happening nightly, even after I stopped the taper and have been holding for the last 5 months.

I appreciate your replies! Thank you! :)

And Vali that sounds awesome you are watching Ekhart Tolle videos, I love him and am off to watch one now after reading your post! :)

Gild,

That sounds like a good plan. We are hete if yoy need help. I have been having lucid dreams too. Dont listen to the intrusibe thoughts they are not real.  Its from the wd. Love dd

DD, that lotion has nsaids in it  :(. I just don't know what people do in this much pain.  Heat use to be a big help, that isn't even helping much.  :-\

Mmm,

We have to find something.  This is miserable. Nothing works for me either. I put k tape on my back. I was despetate. It is keeping the muscle in place. Now the crampy legs and hips. I wonder how some ppl get thru this with no muscle pain. Im jealous . Im sorry you are in pain. Have Tim give you a massage. This is going to get better eventually. Love dd

Mmm,

We have to find something.  This is miserable. Nothing works for me either. I put k tape on my back. I was despetate. It is keeping the muscle in place. Now the crampy legs and hips. I wonder how some ppl get thru this with no muscle pain. Im jealous . Im sorry you are in pain. Have Tim give you a massage. This is going to get better eventually. Love dd

I tried that tape when going to physio, but it annoyed me.  Poor Tim, I would like to give him a night off.  He has had to do so many lately and that's after he worked all day.  He tries so hard.  :smitten:

Hi vali,

You are working. Do not worry about it. If i see some new ppl i will do my best to help. I am eo sorry you are having waves. Yry yo telax and watch your movie. All the stress you are under is probably revving up sx. Mine rev up when even when i type. I5s so annoying! You have to think you are going to get better. Yoy will heal. I feel like i have 1 good day a week lately and its still not rightm You are not going to he on these drugs forever. Just woery about thw benz. Deal will the others when your stable. I reall6 dont think you are goung to have a prob with the gaba and trazedone. Just relax. It is going to be ok. Love dd

Suzy this helps me so much. Thank you. Good night.

I know i had it on my feet for a while. It drive me nuts. I just have one piece on my lower back and so far its not bugging me. Tim is so sweet. Jim never gives me a massage. Maybe they are weong about ibuprofen. The only other things i found were things we akready do, exceor acupunture. I dont know if that would work. We would have fo go everyday  :smitten:

Thanks! I have no immediate plan to taper any further until these symptoms are under control. I’ll def check out the taper plans for when I’m ready to start again but it prob won’t be for a while. I can’t imagine having these lucid dreams with no end in sight and so far after 11 months they are still happening nightly, even after I stopped the taper and have been holding for the last 5 months.

I appreciate your replies! Thank you! :)

And Vali that sounds awesome you are watching Ekhart Tolle videos, I love him and am off to watch one now after reading your post! :)

Guildthelilly stay here and hold with us. Some people hold for one year and feel better. Lets not despair. Gnight.

[0b...]