Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Good morning Trish, Suzy,Free, Esperanza, Gilly,Bill and everyone here hoping everyone has a withdrawal free day.

Love and hugs Stut X

Morning twin, please take care of yourself. I think you need to take care of you. I know you have a lot of people depending on you but if you're not well you will be no good to anyone. So remember to rest as much as possible and I think a little chicken soup for that cough and the aches.

Prayers for auntie 🙏 hope you and your daughter feel better soon.

Love you much,

LST❤️

Morning Trishy, go get your flu shot, they say it is starting early this year and going to be bad!  Don't put it off.  The flu really sets some people way back.  I think it has Stut before, I think it's in her signature.  so everyone reading this, go get that shot please!

Hey MM, my pharmacy just called to see if Rich and I were getting it. We always get it mid October bc the shot only lasts 6 months and I like my shot to be affective until April. Sometimes the flu can get bad around March so I try not to go to early to get it. I haven't heard that it was going to hit early around here but I'll take your word for it and go get it this weekend.

Hope you're getting better. ❤️

Fh,

That is good. I didnt walk today either. Too cold and in some kind of depression.  I feel like i go through this day after day and I never get better. Jim doesnt understand or he is just s complete.moron. its hard to go through this when someone expects you to function normally.  He will never try ro understand snd it hurts. I cant do a break up now. Sorry im so depressing. I dont even see the point in trying. Im jumping through hoops everyday and no matter what i do its not enough. Sorry again. I know there is nothing anyone can do. Love dd

I'm sorry DD.  I wish I had some magic answer for you.  Time moves so slow through this and we expect our gaba receptors to upregulate much faster than they do.  There are so many other things going on and it just takes time.  Blood levels need to even out, so many things need to stabilize.  Try not to put so much pressure on yourself.  Healing takes its own time.  You know I love you, MM. 💜💜

Fh,

That is good. I didnt walk today either. Too cold and in some kind of depression.  I feel like i go through this day after day and I never get better. Jim doesnt understand or he is just s complete.moron. its hard to go through this when someone expects you to function normally.  He will never try ro understand snd it hurts. I cant do a break up now. Sorry im so depressing. I dont even see the point in trying. Im jumping through hoops everyday and no matter what i do its not enough. Sorry again. I know there is nothing anyone can do. Love dd

You never have to apologize to me for feeling or being depressed.  Depression is a major side effect Klonipin and what it has done to our lives is another reason to be depressed.

I don't think anyone who has not gone though this will be able to understand what we go through. It is just impossible.

My coach reminded me  told me today that the up and down feelings are all part of benzo withdrawal. I ask her many times what I'm doing wrong because I keep thinking I should feel better than I am.  She says that what I am experiencing is normal for withdrawal and she has worked with others who are depressed, anxious, crying and fearful.  It helps me to know that plus she had gone through withdrawal herself. 

All I can do on a regular basis is empty the dishwasher and make the bed. Sometimes I can clean the bathroom.  But it's all I can do and I used to have my own business.

Step by step dd, we can all just keeping taking it step by step.

Thanks mm,

Thise whole thing is to much sometimes. I think it would be hetter if jim wasnt so mean.  Should I ignore him and when i get stable i could deal with this. Ill just not talk to him and stay mt room.. love u mm

I hope you are ok. I think all the stress you have been through had made sx worse. Rest

Good morning Trish, Suzy,Free, Esperanza, Gilly,Bill and everyone here hoping everyone has a withdrawal free day.

Love and hugs Stut X

Morning twin, please take care of yourself. I think you need to take care of you. I know you have a lot of people depending on you but if you're not well you will be no good to anyone. So remember to rest as much as possible and I think a little chicken soup for that cough and the aches.

Prayers for auntie 🙏 hope you and your daughter feel better soon.

Love you much,

LST❤️

Morning Trishy, go get your flu shot, they say it is starting early this year and going to be bad!  Don't put it off.  The flu really sets some people way back.  I think it has Stut before, I think it's in her signature.  so everyone reading this, go get that shot please!

Hey MM, my pharmacy just called to see if Rich and I were getting it. We always get it mid October bc the shot only lasts 6 months and I like my shot to be affective until April. Sometimes the flu can get bad around March so I try not to go to early to get it. I haven't heard that it was going to hit early around here but I'll take your word for it and go get it this weekend.

Hope you're getting better. ❤️

;)

Thank fh,

You made me feel better. You are right noone could understand this.  I guess we all need constant reassurance all the time. It is such a lonely place to be. I always needed reassurance but this is refdiculous. Everyday I feel like I have aged ten years and ive rone nothing. I am sorry sbout your business, I know that is devastating to you. We all lose so much in this. Not only.our minds! Ok, step by step we get through. Hoping we can get out and walk tomorrow.  :smitten:

Stut, I have been thinking about you all day.....oh I hope your not sick.  Hope your daughter is improving so maybe she can help take care of you.  Have you heard any news on Auntie?  Love you woman, please please take care of yourself.    Lady Mary 💜💜💜💜

I think I’ve spent this entire day on Benzos in the News and on Chewing  the Fat.

This documentary by Lisa Lisa has “spawned” numerous other threads and there are too many opinions to ignore.

The day just got away from me, but we also went for meds at 2 pharmacies.

The flu is early this year from what the pharmacy tech said.

Dan and I got our shot on August 29th so I guess we’re set.

Good night LHSG. Sleep tight and don’t let the bedbugs bite. 💤 🐜

Flu shot : isn't anyone else afraid of side effects from the flu shot? I don't get it because I'm scared I could have an adverse reaction. I saw someone reported such thing on the thread : setbacks due to medication. Another thing is that there's this biologyst I know, and she says that flu viruses mutate constantly so according to her there's no use in getting a flu shot. My plumber got the flu shot last year and caught the flu regardless. In spite of all this, I still have doubts if I should get it. I passed a TERRIBLE flu last year.

Stutt, thinking of you. How's your daughter doing and how are you? Your aunt must be having a very hard time but she has several of you caring for her. I hope she makes it through the operation. Don't forget to take care of yourself too Stutt. Too many people and animals depend on you, and so do we.

Hi vali, I was just thinking about you. Did your shaking go away? I have been shaking for close to a year now. It never ends. Its def not as bad. It was so bad before on the xanax in the morning my whole body would shake. Then i went to work.  No idea how i did it. Maybe because i was so screwed up before I got here and polydrugged it will take me time to level out. How are you? Are you ok?

HI Suzanne!!

If it's better than it was, I guess that means you are improving. If I have intolerable symptoms and I see they are improving by holding, I'll keep holding. There's a girl who just came back to the updosing group after a year and a half of updosing and holding. She's finally feeling great and started tapering again. Her name is olive kitty. This is no exact science so I guess it doesn't work for everyone but I believe in giving holding a chance and see if we get better before pushing through. Just my opinion. Sorry your boyfriend is not very helpful. You're a strong woman Suzanne, don't forget that. You are NOT your withdrawal symptoms. Love, Janice.

Flu shot : isn't anyone else afraid of side effects from the flu shot? I don't get it because I'm scared I could have an adverse reaction. I saw someone reported such thing on the thread : setbacks due to medication. Another thing is that there's this biologyst I know, and she says that flu viruses mutate constantly so according to her there's no use in getting a flu shot. My plumber got the flu shot last year and caught the flu regardless. In spite of all this, I still have doubts if I should get it. I passed a TERRIBLE flu last year.

Stutt, thinking of you. How's your daughter doing and how are you? Your aunt must be having a very hard time but she has several of you caring for her. I hope she makes it through the operation. Don't forget to take care of yourself too Stutt. Too many people and animals depend on you, and so do we.

Good morning Vali l hope you are doing ok honey? Well there are many strains of flu and that is why some people get flu regardless.l am not the age for a flu shot however when it is available to me l will probably take it.

I am ok able to get up so that's a bonus just vey weak and sore.We will see how it develops.My girl has actually moved to the settee which is a good sign.Hopefully she will be back in Belfast on Monday.

Love you and l hope you have a good weekend.X

Good morning Fresh l am so sorry you have been through so much.Sadly this is not easy however if you do a symptom based taper and don't allow fear and impatience to dictate your taper you hopefully will be successful this time.Sadly sometimes things can get worse in a hold however reassess in 6 months and see if you have improved.It can take a long time to stabilise so be patient and take a note of your symptoms.Stay strong.X

Good morning Intend did you ever see the painting The Scream by Edvard Munch? That's me nearly daily.l know l would be a lot worse if l sat doing nothing.lt is hard to keep going when you feel overwhelmed and ill all the time however l do what l can.

I know there is a lot of talk regarding this Lisa ling item.l can't see it really having a lot of impact however it is a start.l am sure it won't please a lot of people on here however it may start to get the message across.l just hope she doesn't paint us all as addicts.lt really doesn't help our cause.

I hope you have a good weekend my love.Try to limit your time on chewing the fat etc.l find l stay away from it generally as it irritates me.

Love to you and Dan.X

Good morning Twiny how are you doing?Are the heart symptoms easing any?l am out of bed thankfully so l have walked the puppies and l am going to sit about for a while.I will hopefully be over the worst by next week so I have everything crossed this will not get worse.

. You enjoy your weekend my lovely.Try not to spend all your money 😉. love you my lST.X

Good morning Suzy l noticed you posted on tolerance withdrawal or relative withdrawal.l know builder addressed this however l would disagree with his stance on tolerance.Yes it does mean that the drug has no therapeutic value however sometimes tolerance can lead to an exacerbation of mental disorders.l found in tolerance l developed agrophobia,ocd, agitation, insomnia, poor balance etc not from my original anxiety but from the drug.Now builder won't accept that he would just say it was my original anxiety however l have dealt with my anxiety disorder for 30 years so l am very familiar with how it affects me and this is very different.

Relative withdrawal is very rare if indeed it even exists.These terms are misused generally to get people to rush through their taper.When you are tapering you are basically in withdrawal nothing more.

Love you.X

Good morning lady Mary have you got your liquid yet?l am up so that is good news.l haven't heard regarding my Aunt so who knows what today will bring.

My girl is on the settee today looking like a dying swan 😁.

Let's hope this weekend breaks the back of this crap.l probably won't be on later however if l am l will give you a shout.Rest those eyes honey.

Love you my lady Mary Hen.Xo

Good morning Final l hope you start to feel a little better honey.Yes l think the anxiety and depression go hand in hand neither pleasant.Just take it slow honey.l am glad you have a therapist who is aware of withdrawal that means a lot.

Love to you.X

Morning Esperanza l am worried about you my lovely.Just please let us know how you are doing.We are here for you.love you my hillbilly friend.X

Good morning Twiny how are you doing?Are the heart symptoms easing any?l am out of bed thankfully so l have walked the puppies and l am going to sit about for a while.I will hopefully be over the worst by next week so I have everything crossed this will not get worse.

. You enjoy your weekend my lovely.Try not to spend all your money 😉. love you my lST.X

Morning twin! Uhgg I hate to be sick. I hope this passes quickly for you. Rest as much as possible and push those fluids my dear!

Stut I'm surprised you don't get a flu shot?? Do you have to be a certain age over there? They give it to babies over here. My 4 and 5 yr old grandchildren have been getting it since they were tiny. All ages get it here.

Not spending money today, my furniture is being picked up so I have to sit around and wait for them to get here and get it 😏

Hope you and your daughter feel better soon twin. Maybe a good weekend for a marvel marathon while you recover 🙂

Love you,

LST ❤️

Good morning Suzy l noticed you posted on tolerance withdrawal or relative withdrawal.l know builder addressed this however l would disagree with his stance on tolerance.Yes it does mean that the drug has no therapeutic value however sometimes tolerance can lead to an exacerbation of mental disorders.l found in tolerance l developed agrophobia,ocd, agitation, insomnia, poor balance etc not from my original anxiety but from the drug.Now builder won't accept that he would just say it was my original anxiety however l have dealt with my anxiety disorder for 30 years so l am very familiar with how it affects me and this is very different.

Relative withdrawal is very rare if indeed it even exists.These terms are misused generally to get people to rush through their taper.When you are tapering you are basically in withdrawal nothing more.

Love you.X

Stut, I am here if you are around??  Sorry you are sick, I will worry about you until you are better!

Your daughter made it to the settee, I love the way you describe her,  :D.  Sending lots of healing thoughts and really hope Auntie is strong enough for the surgery.  What a good pet mom you are, walking the dogs with the flu.  We love you so much, it's imperative you take care of yourself  :tickedoff:    Love you my Queen, Lady Mary.....💜💜💜💜💜

Val, it's really none of my business, but I would really hope you get the flu shot.  Many of us get it and feel absolutely nothing, if you read Stut's signature, she has caught it before and it really set her back.

You are trying to work and remain as stable as you can, it can really destabilize you.  You can put a question on Withdrawal Support to get different views.  I have even had the shingles's shot with almost no problems.  This years flu shot didn't even make my arm sore.  And yes, you may still get the flu, but the Dr's say, it at least won't be as bad.  Just a suggestion, I want you to stay as stable as possible, only reason I am writing this...... :smitten:

Hi Stut,

Sorry you are feeling ill. I cant imagine having a cold right now in this condition. I hope you dont have the flu. Do you have a temperature? Maybe its stress. You have had  quite alot of family things to deal with lately. Get some rest  :smitten:

I wasn't to sure about what builder was saying either. I always jad anxiety like you, and i know my anxiety. What i have now is nothing like that. Its constant panic and i do feel like i have a mental disorder now that i never had before . I dont know how to explain it but i dont think i was me on the Benzos. Never felt good or happy. I am.not rushing off the benzo even though I.want too. What a day yesterday. Feel.better love Suzy

Hi vali,

I am so glad you are feeling better. I guess i am yoo but yhe last week i had dome kind off depression like nothing i ever felt.  I can see that my effexor is working well.  Ha! In the past i would have went back to the dr and she would up it or change ir or add in something else. Have done this the whole time on.benzos. Then i staryed thinking this really cant be good and i was going nowere. So i was done. The meds for me are the prob. St least thebenzo for sure. Peaple always say dont give up you havent found the rigjt combination. Well if i havent found it in.17 yrs chances are i never will. But.i do feel better. Have back tje will tp go on. Oh that was a scary place. So glad you sre ferling better not perfect but it sure beats were you were befote. I got the flu.

Dhot once. Before this whole tragedy started. I never really get the flu. I had it once. Im agraid becsuse medicines seem to have a bad effect.on me these  days  love Suzanne

Fh,

Im.doing it. Going.out.to.walk. Put on some warm vlothes and get out and get some fresh fall sir. Love dd

Hope everyone is well today. Going.out on my daily aimless adventure.

[ef...]