Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Good morning Final yes we tend to learn the hard way when tapering.l tend to believe that only very few people can do a fast taper so hold for as long as you need too.l think this is about listening to your body and following what it tells you.Slow is the best method in my opinion.love to you.X

Good morning Trish, Suzy,Free, Esperanza, Gilly,Bill and everyone here hoping everyone has a withdrawal free day.

Love and hugs Stut X

Good morning lady Dinny worry hen l will be grand.l have developed a cough and a bit achy but still up and about so fingers crossed it's as bad as it gets.

I haven't heard how my Aunt is her family are at the hospital with her so when there is something to report they will let me know.l spoke to the doctors yesterday and they have delayed the op until perhaps today everything is up in the air at the moment.Physically l don't believe she will get through an op l hope l am wrong.

Anyway l will try to get on later but if not don't worry l will probably be on tomorrow.Love you my lady Mary Hen.Xo

Stut, are you still here?  I so hope you don't get the flu too.  Let us know what they decide about the operation on Auntie.  Daisy and Socks are best friends, awwww.  And she's 21, lol.  I guess Intend and I can quit worrying about her then  :D. I love you, my Queen, hate you're going through all this at once.  Healing thoughts for all.  Pets for Muffin, Daisy and some food and water for Socks . ;D

Lady Mary, aka the hen.  🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥.    💜💜💜💜💜💜

Good morning lady Dinny worry hen l will be grand.l have developed a cough and a bit achy but still up and about so fingers crossed it's as bad as it gets.

I haven't heard how my Aunt is her family are at the hospital with her so when there is something to report they will let me know.l spoke to the doctors yesterday and they have delayed the op until perhaps today everything is up in the air at the moment.Physically l don't believe she will get through an op l hope l am wrong.

Anyway l will try to get on later but if not don't worry l will probably be on tomorrow.Love you my lady Mary Hen.Xo

Stut, are you still here?  I so hope you don't get the flu too.  Let us know what they decide about the operation on Auntie.  Daisy and Socks are best friends, awwww.  And she's 21, lol.  I guess Intend and I can quit worrying about her then  :D. I love you, my Queen, hate you're going through all this at once.  Healing thoughts for all.  Pets for Muffin, Daisy and some food and water for Socks . ;D

Good morning Lady Mary l am getting weaker as the day progresses damn it.Anyway l am going to lay down for a few hours and perhaps sleep if l can.

My wee Auntie won't be operated on today as there is a massive queue so perhaps tomorrow.l have again spoken to the doctor and he has emphasised the high risk that she won't make it through the op.We all know that however there is no other option.Just wanted to let you know what was happening.

Will hopefully be on tomorrow.lf not don't be worrying.love you my lady Mary.Xo

The cat and dogs have all been fed etc.😉

Good morning Lady Mary l am getting weaker as the day progresses damn it.Anyway l am going to lay down for a few hours and perhaps sleep if l can.

My wee Auntie won't be operated on today as there is a massive queue so perhaps tomorrow.l have again spoken to the doctor and he has emphasised the high risk that she won't make it through the op.We all know that however there is no other option.Just wanted to let you know what was happening.

Will hopefully be on tomorrow.lf not don't be worrying.love you my lady Mary.Xo

The cat and dogs have all been fed etc.😉

I can't help but worry about all of you.  Please rest.  Love you much my Queen 💜💜💜 Lady Mary

Good morning Trish, Suzy,Free, Esperanza, Gilly,Bill and everyone here hoping everyone has a withdrawal free day.

Love and hugs Stut X

Morning twin, please take care of yourself. I think you need to take care of you. I know you have a lot of people depending on you but if you're not well you will be no good to anyone. So remember to rest as much as possible and I think a little chicken soup for that cough and the aches.

Prayers for auntie 🙏 hope you and your daughter feel better soon.

Love you much,

LST❤️

Love and hugs Stut X

Morning twin, please take care of yourself. I think you need to take care of you. I know you have a lot of people depending on you but if you're not well you will be no good to anyone. So remember to rest as much as possible and I think a little chicken soup for that cough and the aches.

Prayers for auntie 🙏 hope you and your daughter feel better soon.

Love you much,

LST❤️

Morning Trishy, go get your flu shot, they say it is starting early this year and going to be bad!  Don't put it off.  The flu really sets some people way back.  I think it has Stut before, I think it's in her signature.  so everyone reading this, go get that shot please!

Hello all. I have been holding for 3 months and seem like i am getting worse not better! I can deal with the nausea, weakness, and cognitive issues, but i have been experiencing severe panic the past few days. Dont know why this is happening. Afraid i am unable to work. Has this ever happened to anyone?

Hey Blackjack and welcome.  Often you do feel worse the first few months of holding, it can take longer.  I just read your signature, 3rd taper.  Looking at each taper, they all look close to alike.  IMO, and the things I have been through, you need to continue to hold.  Forget about time, you don't want to do a 4th taper, and give your blood level and brain and central nervous system an opportunity to to stabilize.  Turn this into a symptom taper.  It looks like your taper is cut and hold.  Once your symptoms settle down, you might want to look at other taper methods, there is a whole section on the Homepage.  A titration section makes it easier when you get to really low numbers for a lot of people.

Your symptoms sound very normal for withdrawal, but at anytime you become scared, definitely go to a Dr.  Good luck, you are welcome to camp out here with us. Ask all the questions you need.

There is a search section on Homepage to look things up and a Withdrawal Support thread to ask questions too.  Good luck, remember your goal is the complete this third taper in best shape possible.

Time, after all this, while can seem so important, having to start again would be awful.  We are here to help.  Mary 💜💜💜

Fh, you are doing good. I guess this i s all a learning process fir alp of us. There is no book an the perfect taper. I wish there was. So go easy on yourself. Love dd

Thanks dd.  I am still learning and have bounced around with tparong and probably my own issues of control about how I want things to go.  But I'm learning with benzos, there is no real control.  I mean I can plan my taper and cuts but how my body decides to respond that week cann sometimes be so unexpected. 

Hi I have trouble with not having control over the situation either.

:D I hate the control this drug has on me. I have beenbtrying to listen to my body so I can see how quickly my body recovers after a cut. Still have know idea what my lag time is. You sre doing good though. Its hard to slow down cause you want oit of this hell. Then i think i dont want paws either. This sucks. But we habe to have acceptance alot of strenght and patiene blah blah blah. You sjous tead benzos lies. I tead it yesterday again and it helped. Love dd

Awww Stut, I hope you are not getting the flu. It sound like you are under so much stress now with family and also being in.a wave. Drink.lots of fluids and try to rest. Vitamin c too. 8 kmow you already knpw thid. Hold on, you are going to get through this. Let us knpw how you are doing when you can. Love u Suzy

Sorry about the typos I use my phone to do this and I'm always trembling when I type so it gets kind of hard so obviously I must be doing something wrong with my taper ugh

Sorry about the typos I use my phone to do this and I'm always trembling when I type so it gets kind of hard so obviously I must be doing something wrong with my taper ugh

I tremble at night so I don't think you are  doing something wrong.  I'm sorry you are feeling so shakey. 

This medication really impacts our CNS.  I have felt more anxiey lately and usually Im more depressed. 

Good morning intend don't you be worrying about sox.She is well fed and watered by me she is 21 years old and never leaves the house.She's in better shape than l am most of the time.She lays on the settee with Daisy they are best buddies.

I know you are afraid about people being rushed off their meds however l believe they have actually learned from the opioid debacle.l think you are not who they will be targeting so try not to worry about it.

Stay strong my lovely.love to you and Dan.X

Stut,

I’m glad you reassured me about Sox. Mary mentions Sox from time to time and we both get to worrying about everyone’s pets. 

I never mention much on this subject, except for Pepper, but we all were talking  yesterday about pets lost and pets we have, so Sox came up. Well, I think I’ve mentioned my 3 dogs who are all gone, but no worries here about Sox. 21 for a cat is something!

You certainly have tons of responsibilities with your daughter, your sister, and your pets. I now wonder how you do keep up with all of this because both of us often feel like crap. I know I do and you've said you do also. Keeping busy is often the answer, but as busy as I am, I feel like my head will explode.

Oh, I am worried about this opioid thing and these benzos. I don’t want another generation of benzo users if that’s preventable, but not even sure if it is. Everyday here on BB, we have new people introducing themselves with this or that problem as far as benzos. And many are on pain medication also. That’s a “deadly “ situation. My doctor told me that he has patients who are on both, and that they have been told to pick either the pain medication or the benzos because they can’t have both.

I can repeat what I posted yesterday, but there is no point because I’m sure you’ve read it. I can only say that I will be concerned until I’m off this stuff.

Hey Blackjack and welcome.  Often you do feel worse the first few months of holding, it can take longer.  I just read your signature, 3rd taper.  Looking at each taper, they all look close to alike.  IMO, and the things I have been through, you need to continue to hold.  Forget about time, you don't want to do a 4th taper, and give your blood level and brain and central nervous system an opportunity to to stabilize.  Turn this into a symptom taper.  It looks like your taper is cut and hold.  Once your symptoms settle down, you might want to look at other taper methods, there is a whole section on the Homepage.  A titration section makes it easier when you get to really low numbers for a lot of people.

Your symptoms sound very normal for withdrawal, but at anytime you become scared, definitely go to a Dr.  Good luck, you are welcome to camp out here with us. Ask all the questions you need.

There is a search section on Homepage to look things up and a Withdrawal Support thread to ask questions too.  Good luck, remember your goal is the complete this third taper in best shape possible.

Time, after all this, while can seem so important, having to start again would be awful.  We are here to help.  Mary 💜💜💜

Thank you Mary

Suzanne I shaked a lot from June through August. When I had a class I took propanolol to stop it. I didn't want to get used to it though, I'm on enough drugs already.

Thanks fh, It is horrible I hate it!  :-[ its better now. I font know why. Thanks, this tapering is so complex snd my.mind cant grasp.it all. It is starting to make sense.  I think I need a new scale. Jim bought a lousy one. How are you feeling? Are you still

Walking? Its been getying cold. Need to pull out the fall clothed werever they are! Lol  :smitten:

Suzanne I shaked a lot from June through August. When I had a class I took propanolol to stop it. I didn't want to get used to it though, I'm on enough drugs already.

Hi vali, I was just thinking about you. Did your shaking go away? I have been shaking for close to a year now. It never ends. Its def not as bad. It was so bad before on the xanax in the morning my whole body would shake. Then i went to work.  No idea how i did it. Maybe because i was so screwed up before I got here and polydrugged it will take me time to level out. How are you? Are you ok?

Thanks fh, It is horrible I hate it!  :-[ its better now. I font know why. Thanks, this tapering is so complex snd my.mind cant grasp.it all. It is starting to make sense.  I think I need a new scale. Jim bought a lousy one. How are you feeling? Are you still

Walking? Its been getying cold. Need to pull out the fall clothed werever they are! Lol  :smitten:

Didn't walk today because it was rainy and cold.  Yesterday it was super hot so I just did one block and then to the grocery store. 

Tearful today because I miss my old life. 

I've had to buy a few scales during my time tapering.  I think it's good to have a back up.  I weigh my pills daily but should weigh a bunch in advance. 

I'm trying to accept that every day is different on this journey.

Fh,

That is good. I didnt walk today either. Too cold and in some kind of depression.  I feel like i go through this day after day and I never get better. Jim doesnt understand or he is just s complete.moron. its hard to go through this when someone expects you to function normally.  He will never try ro understand snd it hurts. I cant do a break up now. Sorry im so depressing. I dont even see the point in trying. Im jumping through hoops everyday and no matter what i do its not enough. Sorry again. I know there is nothing anyone can do. Love dd

Anyone here developed Vertigo from taper? I had 3 attacks in 4 days. I went to the Dr and he said I have BPPV. He wanted to put me on more benzos. Of course I said nope! And I'm thinking now...if they give this benzo crap for vertigo, am I experiencing it coming off?

This is the WORST! It is such a vague dx. It can hang around for weeks and reoccur whenever. WELL this sux!

:-\

Anyone here developed Vertigo from taper? I had 3 attacks in 4 days. I went to the Dr and he said I have BPPV. He wanted to put me on more benzos. Of course I said nope! And I'm thinking now...if they give this benzo crap for vertigo, am I experiencing it coming off?

This is the WORST! It is such a vague dx. It can hang around for weeks and reoccur whenever. WELL this sux!

:-\

FS, I have had vertigo on and off for years. I used to take meclazine for it. It works well. Now I just do head manuevers to get rid of it. There's a technique you can do just by watching a YouTube video on it. It's very simple to do. You could try that, it works for me.

Trish

Fh,

That is good. I didnt walk today either. Too cold and in some kind of depression.  I feel like i go through this day after day and I never get better. Jim doesnt understand or he is just s complete.moron. its hard to go through this when someone expects you to function normally.  He will never try ro understand snd it hurts. I cant do a break up now. Sorry im so depressing. I dont even see the point in trying. Im jumping through hoops everyday and no matter what i do its not enough. Sorry again. I know there is nothing anyone can do. Love dd

I'm sorry DD.  I wish I had some magic answer for you.  Time moves so slow through this and we expect our gaba receptors to upregulate much faster than they do.  There are so many other things going on and it just takes time.  Blood levels need to even out, so many things need to stabilize.  Try not to put so much pressure on yourself.  Healing takes its own time.  You know I love you, MM. 💜💜

[ce...]