Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

My coach said Lisa Ling was on Dr. Oz yesterday and that her own father was dependent on benzos.  She has some footage of him but  he got off and is doing better. 

I haven't watched the segment yet but will look for it on line.

Good morning intend missed again?I know it is unpleasant however not intentional.l hope you get your insurance sorted out.l also hope your symptoms settle down my love.l know this is difficult however you are a strong lady and you will get through this.love to you and Dan.X

Stut,

I know it was unintentional. I got  overwhelmed yesterday and then into the evening. We have these new women missionaries coming almost at any time of the day, and they caught me in the middle of my phone calls.

And then they stayed for 2 hours + and as the clock ticked by, I couldn’t do a thing. There’s no religious talk at all; they tell me that I’m the most interesting person they ever met, and they confide in me, ask me for book recommendations, and want to hear my frustrations which yesterday was all about my insurance problems. And they were both surprised when the neighbor next door said we owed her $2 because a skunk was caught and for some reason we owed that $.

Dan had planned to take it over anyway, so he got into his change and took over $2 in quarters, dimes, and nickels. Such an enormously frustrating day that it just spilled over here.

Hope your taper is better, and as Mary says-wash your hands so you don’t get the flu along with your daughter. And I worry about your doggies and yes, Sox. 🐈 🐱

I love that somebody cares about Socks besides just me!! :laugh: :laugh:

Ohhh a massagr! Im so jealous  ;D

I didn’t send a message. It was a regular post.

I’m getting off now.

So much controversy over this CNN thing with Lisa Ling on Benzos in the News. That’s become a knarled knot.

How many doctors will see that. It will be on at 8 pm here, but I still haven’t watched the one Dan recorded last Sunday.

I just can’t see my doctor watching CNN at 8 pm here on a Sunday night. But I’m going to ask him when I see him on October 7th or 8th. I’m betting he’s doing something else.

Dan even commented on that. Most doctors have little free time, and they hit the sack before work on mondays. Becoming a doctor is hard. They start their appointments usually at 8 am, and surgeons start operating at 6 am. I’ve had so many surgeries that I know that for sure.

I don't know that I am going to watch it, but I did tell my Dr so she could.  She deals with a lot of people trying to get off opioids and could use some information on benzo's.  But I am afraid some Dr's will start jerking people off or making them taper fast.  Lack of time is an issue and one reason they don't read information sheet in medicine and only listen to salesrep :tickedoff:a :tickedoff:

You are lucky with your Dr, just having someone to talk to that gets it, that is prescribing for you.  I was hoping those odts were working.  Damn, I am sure you have seen the new Teva is not like the old Teva.  I feel so bad for them too .  Benzo's just suck unless you are one of these people that come off easy.  My fingers are crossed the next 18 days change things for you.  You know I love you and I know the med is really causing you to struggle.  I am sorry.  MM. 💜💜💜

And this is what I worry about also Mary-Doctors “jerking people off or making them taper fast.” It will only take too much pressure, and then all health professionals will become impatient and cause a calamity. It’s just a real possibility because they don’t have enough time and they may be up against some big agency to “get it done.”

I’ve saved a statement from the BIC which says, “In conclusion, more prescriber education is desperately needed regarding: the appropriate prescribing of benzodiazepines, recognizing problems with prescribed benzodiazepines including side effects, tolerance and withdrawl, and safe taper protocols for benzodiazepines.”

So most prescribers are our doctor, nurse practitioners, and they need this education as per the BIC. But will they get that from Lisa Ling and CNN? It’s the media again, and will these prescribers be watching tv on a Sunday night and be watching CNN?

We just don’t know, but we will see. Lisa Ling is not an expert herself. She’s a journalist who is learning just like we have learned.

My soapbox for the day.

I understand, we saw what happened to the people on opioids....terrifying, and their taper is horrible for a few weeks to a month....I want people to know and understand and never start them unless it's under the strictest of rules , benzo's, but I don't want us rushed off , our tapers are so different.  So, I am happy and I am anxious.  But , I also realize the learning needs to begin, so there is not another world filled with people like us.  Learning and stumbling through our own withdrawal, clueless for the most part, and trying to teach our Dr as we go.  Love you II.  Mary 💜💜💜💜

Intend, did you find the squalor thread?  I think that's a great thread, and we have one kind of like it pop up at different times.  I think it's great to let people know, they don't need to feel bad or be embarrassed their house isn't perfect right now.  The house can be cleaned up when they are able, right now, they need to only worry about them...and know, we all spend time with dirty hair and long toe nails.    We wouldn't be on bb if we felt like keeping the house spotless  :crazy:

Morning Trish attacked by a boot wearing mouse 😭.Did it savage you? Honestly you will survive the beast twiny😉.I am disappointed your furniture wasn't up to scratch however it gives you an opportunity to shop again 😂. Always a silver lining.Now get off the table and go shopping.l hope you are doing ok my twiny? love you my lST.X

So you read twin about my mouse attack?!!😱 It had teeth as long as the tallest sky scraper and yes wearing combat boots!! And I swear it spoke to me and said " I'm after you"! 😳🤥.. Well I think it really was chasing me that's why I had no choice but to jump up on the kitchen table, it was incredibly fierce looking 🥺😂😂

I'm sorry about your daughter being sick however she's in great hands 😘

Gotta run and didn't Rich's I'm off to the nail salon. Just what a girl needs after a mouse attack 😱😂

Love you my twin,

LST❤️

If my back didn't hurt all the time, I would be out spending money with you  :laugh: :laugh:

I use Amazon and heating pad  :D.  You did read where Stut said Rich should pay stores to keep mice in them, he could save a lot of $$.  :laugh: :laugh:

You can join me any day Mary we'll shop till we drop. I love Amazon too. I swear they must wonder where I am if I go a week without ordering 😂😂

I did read where Stut said Rich should pay the stores to keep mice in them I laughed so hard I had tears I'm my eyes. She's a hot ticket that one 😂 I would just put a space suit on or bee keeper suit and plow my way through the mice to get my stuff 🤣

I'm not in the know about what's going on in here today I have to read and catch up. Hope everyone has had a decent day.

Ohhh a massagr! Im so jealous  ;D

I didn’t send a message. It was a regular post.

I’m getting off now.

So much controversy over this CNN thing with Lisa Ling on Benzos in the News. That’s become a knarled knot.

How many doctors will see that. It will be on at 8 pm here, but I still haven’t watched the one Dan recorded last Sunday.

I just can’t see my doctor watching CNN at 8 pm here on a Sunday night. But I’m going to ask him when I see him on October 7th or 8th. I’m betting he’s doing something else.

Dan even commented on that. Most doctors have little free time, and they hit the sack before work on mondays. Becoming a doctor is hard. They start their appointments usually at 8 am, and surgeons start operating at 6 am. I’ve had so many surgeries that I know that for sure.

I don't know that I am going to watch it, but I did tell my Dr so she could.  She deals with a lot of people trying to get off opioids and could use some information on benzo's.  But I am afraid some Dr's will start jerking people off or making them taper fast.  Lack of time is an issue and one reason they don't read information sheet in medicine and only listen to salesrep :tickedoff:a :tickedoff:

You are lucky with your Dr, just having someone to talk to that gets it, that is prescribing for you.  I was hoping those odts were working.  Damn, I am sure you have seen the new Teva is not like the old Teva.  I feel so bad for them too .  Benzo's just suck unless you are one of these people that come off easy.  My fingers are crossed the next 18 days change things for you.  You know I love you and I know the med is really causing you to struggle.  I am sorry.  MM. 💜💜💜

And this is what I worry about also Mary-Doctors “jerking people off or making them taper fast.” It will only take too much pressure, and then all health professionals will become impatient and cause a calamity. It’s just a real possibility because they don’t have enough time and they may be up against some big agency to “get it done.”

I’ve saved a statement from the BIC which says, “In conclusion, more prescriber education is desperately needed regarding: the appropriate prescribing of benzodiazepines, recognizing problems with prescribed benzodiazepines including side effects, tolerance and withdrawl, and safe taper protocols for benzodiazepines.”

So most prescribers are our doctor, nurse practitioners, and they need this education as per the BIC. But will they get that from Lisa Ling and CNN? It’s the media again, and will these prescribers be watching tv on a Sunday night and be watching CNN?

We just don’t know, but we will see. Lisa Ling is not an expert herself. She’s a journalist who is learning just like we have learned.

My soapbox for the day.

I understand, we saw what happened to the people on opioids....terrifying, and their taper is horrible for a few weeks to a month....I want people to know and understand and never start them unless it's under the strictest of rules , benzo's, but I don't want us rushed off , our tapers are so different.  So, I am happy and I am anxious.  But , I also realize the learning needs to begin, so there is not another world filled with people like us.  Learning and stumbling through our own withdrawal, clueless for the most part, and trying to teach our Dr as we go.  Love you II.  Mary 💜💜💜💜

Yes, Mary.

Quick detox off opioids, but no detox/fast tapers off benzos.

They can easily be lumped together especially since detox centers all over do just that. It scares me, and I’m not a bit happy about it.

I say do not go to the media. Go to the doctors and give them the help/instructions. And I did see that quick video of Lisa Lings father. I can only guess that she was saying her father was on Benzos. Nothing that I saw indicated he was fine now.

Intend, did you find the squalor thread?  I think that's a great thread, and we have one kind of like it pop up at different times.  I think it's great to let people know, they don't need to feel bad or be embarrassed their house isn't perfect right now.  The house can be cleaned up when they are able, right now, they need to only worry about them...and know, we all spend time with dirty hair and long toe nails.    We wouldn't be on bb if we felt like keeping the house spotless  :crazy:

I did find it, and it was hilarious. Cant was just himself I think, but what he said was the Best! Love you my friend. 🌹💜

Good morning intend missed again?I know it is unpleasant however not intentional.l hope you get your insurance sorted out.l also hope your symptoms settle down my love.l know this is difficult however you are a strong lady and you will get through this.love to you and Dan.X

Stut,

I know it was unintentional. I got  overwhelmed yesterday and then into the evening. We have these new women missionaries coming almost at any time of the day, and they caught me in the middle of my phone calls.

And then they stayed for 2 hours + and as the clock ticked by, I couldn’t do a thing. There’s no religious talk at all; they tell me that I’m the most interesting person they ever met, and they confide in me, ask me for book recommendations, and want to hear my frustrations which yesterday was all about my insurance problems. And they were both surprised when the neighbor next door said we owed her $2 because a skunk was caught and for some reason we owed that $.

Dan had planned to take it over anyway, so he got into his change and took over $2 in quarters, dimes, and nickels. Such an enormously frustrating day that it just spilled over here.

Hope your taper is better, and as Mary says-wash your hands so you don’t get the flu along with your daughter. And I worry about your doggies and yes, Sox. 🐈 🐱

I’ve always  worried about Stuts cat. I’m just an animal lover from the get go! 🐱 🐱  :smitten: :smitten:

Stut,

I’ve always  worried about Stuts cat. I’m just an animal lover from the get go! 🐱 🐱  :smitten: :smitten:

Yes, me too, when I ask how she is, Stut say " well I don't smell her". Stut isn't a cat person, but Socks has made it to 19, bless her little old heart.  :). 🐱🐾🐾

Trishy, Hope the plane crash wasn't near you.  xxx 💙

Hi English! No Hartford is about an hour away from me. I didn't even know about it until I read your post. I just asked Rich if he heard about it and he did. He told me what happened.

Just read things aren't so good for you right now. I'm so sorry English I hope tomorrow is better. You'll pull out of this girl you always do. You're a tough Brit💪 so hang in there my friend good times are ahead  :hug:❤️

BPB❤️

Stut,

Yes, me too, when I ask how she is, Stut say " well I don't smell her". Stut isn't a cat person, but Socks has made it to 19, bless her little old heart.  :). 🐱🐾🐾

I always wonder who’s feeding her and giving her water. It’s someone for sure. And here my little

🌶 Pepper is the most spoiled cat 🐈 I’ve ever seen. But then again, Mary loves her cats and so does her friend. Just loves them. 💝

I love animals too. I would have a housegul.if i could. Inget so emotionally attached to them though. When i lost my cats i swear i didnt.think.id make it. I have one now but she is close to jim. I cant seem to get another one becsuse i feel.im betraying angel. That is not normal. My.mother thinks im crazy. Im in no condition anyway at this time.

I love animals too. I would have a housegul.if i could. Inget so emotionally attached to them though. When i lost my cats i swear i didnt.think.id make it. I have one now but she is close to jim. I cant seem to get another one becsuse i feel.im betraying angel. That is not normal. My.mother thinks im crazy. Im in no condition anyway at this time.

Your cat, would want you to love another now when you are able to care for it.  :)

My Queen, worried about you all day.  How is auntie?  And your daughter?  I really hope you haven't caught the damn flu.  Please try to catch us up, it can be very short post.....love you, Lady Mary aka the Hen.  💜💜💜💜💜.        🐥🐥🐥🐥

Blake just came over to pump up his tires. And then Dan and I are off to the store.

Hope everyone feels great in the morning.  :sleepy: :sleepy:

Hi Stutt, good morning beatituful Irish soul.

I'm so sad that you're having to go through so much stress at the end of your taper. I'm glad you can take a break from taking care of your sister so that you can deal with your daughter's flu. She'll be ok, she's so young. Remember when we were 22, a flu did nothing to us. Of course it's great she's with you to make sure she cures properly before going out and about. Do take care and wash hands etc, but if you did catch it you'll still be ok after a while. I hope you don't get it though. It's such bad luck that your aunt broke her hip too. Does she live alone? Does she have children? I hope you don't have to be responsible for her too as much as you care for her. There's only so much one can do and you already have your sister (plus the taper).

You mentioned let pain. What's wrong with your leg? Does it hurt when you walk the doggies?

When I was talking yesterday about Ireland being a very strong economy I meant southern Ireland. I think it's because they established a tax system that is advantageous for foreign companies to establish themselves there, so they have technological companies like Google and the like.

I hope you have a better day Stutt. Is your daughter any better? I guess she's still in the thick of it. Remember to take care of yourself too ok? Hugs to you.

Hi Stutt, good morning beatituful Irish soul.

I'm so sad that you're having to go through so much stress at the end of your taper. I'm glad you can take a break from taking care of your sister so that you can deal with your daughter's flu. She'll be ok, she's so young. Remember when we were 22, a flu did nothing to us. Of course it's great she's with you to make sure she cures properly before going out and about. Do take care and wash hands etc, but if you did catch it you'll still be ok after a while. I hope you don't get it though. It's such bad luck that your aunt broke her hip too. Does she live alone? Does she have children? I hope you don't have to be responsible for her too as much as you care for her. There's only so much one can do and you already have your sister (plus the taper).

You mentioned let pain. What's wrong with your leg? Does it hurt when you walk the doggies?

When I was talking yesterday about Ireland being a very strong economy I meant southern Ireland. I think it's because they established a tax system that is advantageous for foreign companies to establish themselves there, so they have technological companies like Google and the like.

I hope you have a better day Stutt. Is your daughter any better? I guess she's still in the thick of it. Remember to take care of yourself too ok? Hugs to you.

Good morning Vali how are you my love?l hope you are still feeling better?l have had leg and joint pain on and off during my taper just the joys of benzo withdrawal.It comes in waves as everything else does.

My daughter is still in a heap l am hopeful she will be up and about in the next couple of days.l am playing advocate for my Aunt she has a son and daughter and they have asked me to do so on their behalf.She does live on her own and sadly she tends to be very headstrong so l can't see her living with family.l live about 10 minutes away from her so l pop in most days but she needs more than that.l don't know what the future holds for her at the moment it is looking very bleak however you never know.

I have developed a cough so who knows l could hit the deck sooner rather than later.l hope not at the moment l am still up and about.Fingers crossed this is as bad as it gets.

..I hope you have a good day my love and your daughter is setting back to school.love you.X

Good morning intend don't you be worrying about sox.She is well fed and watered by me she is 21 years old and never leaves the house.She's in better shape than l am most of the time.She lays on the settee with Daisy they are best buddies.

I know you are afraid about people being rushed off their meds however l believe they have actually learned from the opioid debacle.l think you are not who they will be targeting so try not to worry about it.

Stay strong my lovely.love to you and Dan.X

Good morning lady Dinny worry hen l will be grand.l have developed a cough and a bit achy but still up and about so fingers crossed it's as bad as it gets.

I haven't heard how my Aunt is her family are at the hospital with her so when there is something to report they will let me know.l spoke to the doctors yesterday and they have delayed the op until perhaps today everything is up in the air at the moment.Physically l don't believe she will get through an op l hope l am wrong.

Anyway l will try to get on later but if not don't worry l will probably be on tomorrow.Love you my lady Mary Hen.Xo

[53...]