Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Pleasebehere..... Yes it sucks ! I do find this adrenaline symptom comes and goes. Relative to cross to V , the cross was really hard for me, bad WDs of k the whole time. But the K was just too strong for me to taper in small enough doses, and I got bad inter dose WD even with three doses a day.

There's good and bad about V. No inter dose WD which is great. Very sedating , not so great, more head stuff. Overall I'd say I'm much more stable, I do still dose 3 X day. But I don't think symptom wise it's any easier then the K, just more controllable. K scared me it was so strong . I've been all over the map with benzos even though I haven't been one them much more than a year, just didn't know any better... No one told me , what a suprise!

I have to look at your signature to see what you are on.....hang in there ! One day we'll be through this.....

Miyu... Thanks for the response... Yes...that's what scares me so much.... The K is soooo strong!!!!!!

I'm not sure what to do in going forward... Right now I've been holding I believe a mere 16 days.....

If you look at my signature ; you could see my story....

I keep hearing how sedating Valium is so I'm not sure what the consensus is between other people who have switched over from k to Valium .....

I'm so glad you are all here.....

Your right... symptoms are horrible no matter how you look at it but if I was more calm and not feeling drunk out of my mind 24 hours a day and more present it would help greatly to cope more....

Pleasebehere..... Yes it sucks ! I do find this adrenaline symptom comes and goes. Relative to cross to V , the cross was really hard for me, bad WDs of k the whole time. But the K was just too strong for me to taper in small enough doses, and I got bad inter dose WD even with three doses a day.

There's good and bad about V. No inter dose WD which is great. Very sedating , not so great, more head stuff. Overall I'd say I'm much more stable, I do still dose 3 X day. But I don't think symptom wise it's any easier then the K, just more controllable. K scared me it was so strong . I've been all over the map with benzos even though I haven't been one them much more than a year, just didn't know any better... No one told me , what a suprise!

I have to look at your signature to see what you are on.....hang in there ! One day we'll be through this.....

Miyu... Thanks for the response... Yes...that's what scares me so much.... The K is soooo strong!!!!!!

I'm not sure what to do in going forward... Right now I've been holding I believe a mere 16 days.....

I keep hearing how sedating Valium is so I'm not sure what the consensus is between other people who have switched over from k to Valium .....

Your right... symptoms are horrible no matter how you look at it but if I was more calm and not feeling drunk out of my mind 24 hours a day and more present it would help greatly to cope more....

Please my experience with V is that sedation can be a part of the symptom pattern if you let the cuts catch up with you. It can also be a symptom at the crossover. It seems fatigue hits me hard when it's time to hold my taper. I have been fine up until the past 2 days so I'm going to hold for a bit. Miyu is right though. All benzos are nasty.  :)--V

Please my experience with V is that sedation can be a part of the symptom pattern if you let the cuts catch up with you. It can also be a symptom at the crossover. It seems fatigue hits me hard when it's time to hold my taper. I have been fine up until the past 2 days so I'm going to hold for a bit. Miyu is right though. All benzos are nasty.  :)--V

V- that's so interesting... I thought the less I reduced the better the sedation would get....in theory I think that would be correct if I did this the right way to begin with ......

Like the idiot I am, I dropped 5  percent of my dose in 6 weeks and I became much more symptomatic as I did it but did not stop ....because my baseline was messed up already I couldn't tell the difference but I see it now... :idiot:

I do know when I first introduced the kolonopin I thought it was very weak and had no effect at all!!!! Boy was I wrong ..... I later then found out that because of the long half life it builds up in your system before you feel the full effect so to speak.....and I'm assuming that's what happened...  ...This in turn made me mistakenly become dependent on the 1 mg with no chance of dropping to a much lower dose quickly...

Like Miyu said the strength of the sedation makes for a very scary feeling...

Why is hindsight always 20/20?    I would do anything just to be at .25mg if I would have known this... I believe it would have achieved what I needed to get thru....

I'm very afraid because of my hypersensitivity to all meds and the strength of k; I will not be able to taper.... I'm getting ahead of myself..... Breathe....

As always, thank you...... I know we are all different but it helps me tremendously just to know what others are experiencing and how they have handled it....

Pleasebehere...... I think one of the reasons we feel so sedated is our bodies are trying to heal and it's exhausting! Like Valleyum said , it's a symptom of WD , I think thats probably right .

I remembered something about the adrenaline surges someone told me , and I forget to try it myself.... Drink tons of water , even at night... Means you're have it get up to pee, well I do , but it'd be worth it to stop the adrenaline thing, I'd rather wake up to pee than be startled out sleep with my heart racing! Anyway, I haven't really tested the theory enough to say it works , but I'm going to try and remember to do it.

My feeling is on the K or V question..... If you're really sensitive , like it seems most of us in this group would be to have to hold so much, being on V is an easier taper. I couldn't handle the inter dose with the K, and I'm not sure I could have tapered it. I don't know that for a fact though, but a friend encouraged me to make the cross so I did.

I've had to readjust my expectations on how fast I can get off this though,, ongoing !

There's so many variables in this damn thing.

I feel , that Valium , having been around since the 70s , might be a less intense drug. The newer short acting ones are kind of high tech drugs, just my opinion , and perhaps it just makes me feel better knowing how many thousands of people must have taken Valium and gotten off it over the years.

If you do decide to cross, I'd advise taking it VERY slowly , nothing like the Aston method, I couldn't , even then I think I went too fast for me. You WILL recover! The body is amazing and can heal itself .....

And now the nausea hits me! Thought I'd be spared that one but no such luck. Feel sick all day for two days now. I hope it does not increase to actual vomiting. Holding but getting new wdfx anyway.slept only three hours last night...... I know....ITS A WAITING GAME!

Sorry but Just feel like complaining.

Heath, sick!  :-[  :'(

Make some Ginger tea, it is really good for the nausea, make your own, with fresh ginger. I had it when I switched over to Liquid taper, and it worked really well.  :smitten:

Finding the nausea really rough too.  Behold was mentioning the ginger tea using real ginger it's good and Maya mentioned add a small dit of lemon peel and honey.  It helps. Not always.  Been like that most days lately. 

Just holding until I level out and get some sleep possibly even a better attitude.  It's good to read the posts here in long hold support group as I don't think I'll be going very fast.  :tickedoff:. That irritates me.  Yet it's important that I learned that here.

I really wanted to barbeque today no way too sick.  At least we find hope here and not alone.  Most days I think tomorrow will be better or later today.  Just have to believe all this will pass.

I've been so hyper the last few days it's been over the top so trying to find ways to get through that.  Don't like the blood pressure out of whack.  Coming on here helps even with that.  Thanks for the sharing everybody!!

Pleasebethere,

If your inner trembles are beginning to diminish it is a good sign! If they go away and cone back again, that's normal too. That's what happens to me when I start to get windows. So that part is good.

I'm sorry you have so many other wdfx. I wish I had a good answer or solution fir you.

I am getting more wdfx lately. I think it's because I am on the 11th day since I corrected my Valium dose. And it was a drop of .08 mg which was a pretty big drop for me. So it's like I'm starting my hold from the beginning again! But I will do it. It's so hard, but I have no choice. I will NOT go back on this poison drug!

Heath

So I am just holding gritting my teeth, and feeling oh so awful.

I have never felt this bad during my entire taper so far.

Tinnitis

Nausea

Inner Trembles

Neckache

Backache

Insomnia

B

Today was a really bad day! Can you tell? So what else is new? LOL 

Sorry, just so discouraged

Heath

Ginger tea? ...ok I'll try it. Thanks BeGood.

Today I went to Sam's Club with my hubby. Couldn't stand or walk more than five minutes before the lower back pain started ruining everything.  Can't say I was surprised but at least I'm trying to get out of the house.i stuck it our for a good half hour. Just can't wait for this wdfx to leave me!

Heath

Hey surviving Benzos, how are you doing today?

Sorry your have  the nausea too. I'm going to Try the ginger tea suggested by BeGood.  Hope it works. I guess you just put a piece of ginger in water and boil it? Or I'll look for the ready made ginger tea in the market.

Sorry you are hyper. I'm just the opposite. It's hard to get myself to do anything with my back pain. But I am trying.

I hope your day tomorrow will be better than today! Hold on!

Heath

Pleasebethere,

If your inner trembles are beginning to diminish it is a good sign! If they go away and cone back again, that's normal too. That's what happens to me when I start to get windows. So that part is good.

I'm sorry you have so many other wdfx. I wish I had a good answer or solution fir you.

I am getting more wdfx lately. I think it's because I am on the 11th day since I corrected my Valium dose. And it was a drop of .08 mg which was a pretty big drop for me. So it's like I'm starting my hold from the beginning again! But I will do it. It's so hard, but I have no choice. I will NOT go back on this poison drug!

Heath

So I am just holding gritting my teeth, and feeling oh so awful.

I have never felt this bad during my entire taper so far.

Tinnitis

Nausea

Inner Trembles

Neckache

Backache

Insomnia

B

Today was a really bad day! Can you tell? So what else is new? LOL 

Sorry, just so discouraged

Heath

Zofran is an excellent anti-nausea med but you will need a script

Can someone tell me if the wdfx of lower back pain is really so bad for others like it is for me? . I know lower back pain IS A WDFX but is it "normal" for it to really be so intense? Like whoa! I can't  stand or walk more  than five minutes without really bad pain. It just ruins everything I try to do. Can't do much but walk around the house and get things done in very short spurts.

Oh boy do I wish this pain would trade for something else. But I better be careful for what I wish for, huh?

Heath :(:-[ :'(

Hey surviving Benzos, how are you doing today?

Sorry your have  the nausea too. I'm going to Try the ginger tea suggested by BeGood.  Hope it works. I guess you just put a piece of ginger in water and boil it? Or I'll look for the ready made ginger tea in the market.

Sorry you are hyper. I'm just the opposite. It's hard to get myself to do anything with my back pain. But I am trying.

I hope your day tomorrow will be better than today! Hold on!

Heath

Honestly Heath I would use the fresh ginger and peel, and cut in pieces and boil in sauce pan, and let set for a while after taking off of stove to seep, and I would not buy the ginger tea, try to use things that are natural. Hang in there. :smitten:

Thanks BeGood, 

I'm

I'll get fresh ginger from the market. Thanks for the instructions on how to do it because mI really didn't have a clue about exactly how to do it. Thanks!

Heath

I was prescribed Zofran over the years.  I had awful nausea caused by anxiety and would routinely lose 10, 15 or 20lbs.  I agree that nausea is the worst.  Zofran did not touch it.  I don't know why it didn't work for me.  I would sip coke or ginger ale and eat saltines.  Unfortunately, as I lost more and more weight the anxiety would escalate due to worry about losing weight!

I was prescribed Zofran over the years.  I had awful nausea caused by anxiety and would routinely lose 10, 15 or 20lbs.  I agree that nausea is the worst.  Zofran did not touch it.  I don't know why it didn't work for me.  I would sip coke or ginger ale and eat saltines.  Unfortunately, as I lost more and more weight the anxiety would escalate due to worry about losing weight!

Gosh Lynn, I hate the zofran didn't work for you. I can handle almost anything but nausea. It is the pits. I fully know how the fears cause more anxiety but remember always that all of this will pass and one day we will be free!!!

Hey everyone. I haven't been on here much because it's hard on my eyes and brain but I had a praise report. I am still holding at 6 months and still not able to walk, work or drive much and still very bad sxs but I think what is left is side effects. At least I hope so and I'm going to restart my MT soon. I wanted to say for two years I've been putting off getting a filling replaced because of the disorientation, DR, fog, slow reaction time sedation, etc. I kept waiting to stabilize until I felt I could do it without it being a horror movie. Well I decided last week to just plow through. My husband drove me late yesterday and the drive and being there was a weird "trip" but I kept saying that I wasn't going to be afraid. I refused any anesthetic because I didn't want anything to mess me up more potentially. I have never been so brave at the dentist. I've been through much worse than drilling pain so I just sat there, prayed continuously, and it was over before I knew it. I know this doesn't sound like a big deal but I was actually cheering through my "goneness" afterward. Miraculous. And I wouldn't let them put a silver/Mercury filling in either even though it would have taken half the time. Maybe the over sedation was a gift but I'd sure like it to be gone.  I know this is s forum for all faiths but I did not have the strength to do that yesterday-God gave me the strength. Love you all and hope to have more computer time to catch up with you.

Liza

Hey everyone. I haven't been on here much because it's hard on my eyes and brain but I had a praise report. I am still holding at 6 months and still not able to walk, work or drive much and still very bad sxs but I think what is left is side effects. At least I hope so and I'm going to restart my MT soon. I wanted to say for two years I've been putting off getting a filling replaced because of the disorientation, DR, fog, slow reaction time sedation, etc. I kept waiting to stabilize until I felt I could do it without it being a horror movie. Well I decided last week to just plow through. My husband drove me late yesterday and the drive and being there was a weird "trip" but I kept saying that I wasn't going to be afraid. I refused any anesthetic because I didn't want anything to mess me up more potentially. I have never been so brave at the dentist. I've been through much worse than drilling pain so I just sat there, prayed continuously, and it was over before I knew it. I know this doesn't sound like a big deal but I was actually cheering through my "goneness" afterward. Miraculous. And I wouldn't let them put a silver/Mercury filling in either even though it would have taken half the time. Maybe the over sedation was a gift but I'd sure like it to be gone.  I know this is s forum for all faiths but I did not have the strength to do that yesterday-God gave me the strength. Love you all and hope to have more computer time to catch up with you.

Liza

That's awesome liza!  :thumbsup:

Please help.... I'm in a crisis..... The k is making me severely sick and I feel I might have to go to the Emergency Room by ambulance......

I don't know what to do when and if I get there... I'm afraid what they will do to me and what I can suggest to tell them.....this k is toxic to me and I feel near death...

I'm afraid of ct and I don't know what other meds they can give me...... I cannot take gabapentin... I'm afraid of seizures....my body will not be able to handle meds... I can't even take supplements......

I have severe abnormal contractions all over face and body... Tremors, inner trembling.....severe nausea .... Bp that has been low for a few weeks....internal and outer burning.....shallow breathing....

Teeth chattering.... Spasms and abnormal mouth movements that come in episodic spurts....

All over body jerking from top to bottom... Episodic head tremors....

Abnormal muscle movement and contactions and nerve pain in forehead eyes and mouth...severe eye squeezing... Especially left eye with muscle pulling.... Rapid heartbeat.....severe fatigue......feels like I am going into a coma at times when I sleep....severe disorientation.....

Internal heat and skin burning.... Swaying on left side.....This is too much for any one person .....

Inner vibrating so severe in chest makes it hard to breathe......severe choppy vision arthritic joints...

Please please please I beg all of you to please help with suggestions..what would happen if I missed a dose?..

I don't know why this is happening to me....why can't I stabilize any of this....... Please please tell me what you think I may be able to do..... I feel so poisoned and can no longer do this.....I'm so desperate...

Please,

I am so very sorry that you are suffering so greatly.  I have no advice.  No knowledge of what to do.  For this I am sorry.  Know that every single one of us is holding you close right now.

Thank you sweet Lynn... I'm crying hysterically right now...... I can't do this anymore.... :'(

I see no end to this.....I'm afraid the pill is killing me slowly everyday..... I'm pretty sure I have td and dystonia.... I'm so sick.......

I am so sorry you are suffering so much.  Can you call the Dr. and see what he says?  You might need to go to ER.  If you need other meds than so be it, you cannot suffer with these type symptoms.  YOu could have a seizure.  I don't want to scare you and I'm not a Dr but with all this going on you need help.  Is anyone there to help you?  I hate to think you are alone.  Please know we are all praying and here for you.  Let us know how you do or if you go to Dr etc.  Hang in there, I know and we all do how very hard this is but you cannot go on with such severe s/x's. 

Please--when you say a missed dose--did you miss a dose?  How exactly are you dosing?  Are you cutting?  Did you cut out anything else that could have been interfering. Yes call the doctor who reinstated you and discuss what is happening but make sure you look at everything that could be affecting you. If you go to the ER can someone go with you to advocate for you?  I'm praying fervently for you because I've experienced this level of suffering. You are not alone!!!

[88...]