Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

A note of positivity: GOT is on tonight. Stut has seen it live. Still can’t imagine why she didn’t get a part as an extra. She has real warrior experience. Trishy, hope you are on the mend. Wishing everyone the best day possible. Love to all you heroes. Esperanza

I know plenty of people who love Game of Thrones, but just like  Star Trek, I’ve never seen even one episode.

So I can be fine without Game of Thrones, but what really gets me is missing HBO in general. It’s the best of the best of the pay channels as far as I’m concerned.

I just miss Bill Maher, and whatever is showing  on HBO these days.

It’s a dispute between the dish network and AT and T who owns HBO, Cinemax, and Univision.

Makes we want to go back to the good old days and just put an Antenna on the top of the house and hope for the best. Fed up with technology in general.

Winter is Here. 

🐉🐉🐉🐉🐉🐉🐉🐉 

🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺

:oXo: :oXo: :oXo:

Wish I lived close enough to watch it with you too. Waiting will be hard but I will survive.

I just wanted to pop in and say hi to everyone. Hope you are all finding some peace and healing. It's been a rough weekend for me. GI issues continue so I'm not on the computer much. Mostly running to the bathroom  :-[ I usually am on a keto diet as it helps with my withdrawal symptoms. My pdoc and I decided I should give it a try and it has been amazing for me. Unfortunatly I need the BRAT diet right now and that's about as far away from keto as you can get  :P It seems to be heling with the GI issues, either that or it's just starting to get better because I'm holding. I have a recipe for electrolyte replacement that I have been using and It has helped with the headaches, dehydration, and other issues that all of this causes. I've had problems like this all through my taper but this cut has been the worst. Definitly going back to dlmt and a symptoms based taper.

Anyway, I've been thinkg of all of you and hoping that there has been some relief and improvements.

Big hugs to everyone,

:hug::mybuddy::smitten:

Hi Guys,

Got back last night... Was a good weekend.. (More detail in blog)

-Will try to get back here tonight..

:)

Hi Chin.. :)

I have tried to keep up with your progress as best I can, and I think you are doing a great job..!!

The advice here is good, but your also between a bit of a rock and a hard place... Your perseverance down to 2mg has helped fill in some questions for me, and I certainally understand you not wanting to increase your dose, nor hold too long... I do think all these meds are not tolerated well by you at all..

So yes, I would hold for a while if you have hit a wall, and were it me, I would not add other meds in an attempt to ease symptoms from the removal (or in your case initiation) of medication...  Trouble is, im not so sure extended holding will be overly releaving of symptoms in your case.. It might be more a case of knocking the worst of WD back a bit, but if things plateau out, that might be the best you get for now.. -Sorry, -this is just my opinion...

But, -I do also think if you dont push further tapering too hard, you could well start to get on top of it as you get lower.. Its that fine line that most here know all too well... I would not rush or push too hard to get to 0mg, -With the hope that you will suddenly feel better, but if reduced Symptoms guide you that way, then by all means follow along...

I think DLMT will be a great thing for you, but you might wish to look into the variety of "styles" that some with more difficult tapers adopt... They can divert quite a bit from what you might find on the general boards here.. ie. smaller reductions and/or built in holds... It will all probably be dictated by what you can handle...

Some mentioned what I will sum up as a wholistic approach, -I suspect that this will be a very important aspect of getting free, -Good food, exercise, symptom management, and life/living goals to reach for.. This might seem or be impossible right now, but you will have to be very honest with yourself about when you can start making tiny steps forward...

It might be easier with the Drs if they assume you are happy on a set 2mg until you are done, but thats up to you..

Sorry if this sounds prescriptive, its just my thoughts, -the intent is to get you off safe as possible, and minimise the potential for an extended period of post WD nasties... But lets just see how it unfolds with some hold time for now..? It would probs help everyone here if you could update as you go...  You are one whose entire history plays a role, and that is very hard to pick up on from a single post or three.. Though I can assure you that people here will have done more reading on your situation before replying... Would love to have you stick around and share your story and progress, as suits you...

You will also see that most here will be able to relate all too well, and hopefully you can draw strength from their progress and success too.. You are not alone...

Evening Can't l read your blog that would bring a tear to a stone.What a lovely boy and an incredible loss.l must say you all did him proud and an amazing celebration of his life.

You did yourself proud as well mate l would imagine you will feel it now but it's worth it.Nothing worth a damn is easy.

I think a lot of people suffer silently in social situations however practice, practice practice.l was very shy when l was young still am to be honest however my job brought me out of myself now l could talk to anyone.l still prefer one to one but that isn't always possible.

Great to have you back mate you are always missed.

Love and hugs Stut X

Lady Mary and Esperanza no l think you have got the wrong end of the stick here l have never saw GOT nor would l walk down the road to see anybody famous 😀.l just happened to be in a coffee shop in Belfast with my sister and two of my friends and they came in.None of us watch the programme and we didn't know who they were 😂.l thought they looked familiar but that was it.

They were at the table next to us and we started chatting.l thought they were very friendly and pleasant.

Esperanza don't worry l am busy with the walking dead that is my true calling 😀.

I hope winter came for you all.

Love you my lady Mary and my hillbilly friend.

Love and hugs Stut X

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.Trish l hope you are feeling a little better my twin.

Love and hugs Stut X

Evening Can't l read your blog that would bring a tear to a stone.What a lovely boy and an incredible loss.l must say you all did him proud and an amazing celebration of his life.

You did yourself proud as well mate l would imagine you will feel it now but it's worth it.Nothing worth a damn is easy.

I think a lot of people suffer silently in social situations however practice, practice practice.l was very shy when l was young still am to be honest however my job brought me out of myself now l could talk to anyone.l still prefer one to one but that isn't always possible.

Great to have you back mate you are always missed.

Love and hugs Stut X

Thanks Stut,

-Perhaps its too early, but I havnt gone down like I expected yet..!!

Rubbing it up with the famous hey...!! GOT is pretty good... Up there with TWD, imo...

I see you are still keeping a full schedule..!! Lol

Lol Can't at least l would know the walking dead cast lol.Oh trust me to be clueless it was a little bit embarrassing 😂.I am busy not like me but l am away soon to see my daughter so l will chill then.l do hope you don't crash my love and l would have to say you handled everything very well.What an achievement keep it up mate.

Love and hugs Stut X

Wish I lived close enough to watch it with you too. Waiting will be hard but I will survive.

I just wanted to pop in and say hi to everyone. Hope you are all finding some peace and healing. It's been a rough weekend for me. GI issues continue so I'm not on the computer much. Mostly running to the bathroom  :-[ I usually am on a keto diet as it helps with my withdrawal symptoms. My pdoc and I decided I should give it a try and it has been amazing for me. Unfortunatly I need the BRAT diet right now and that's about as far away from keto as you can get  :P It seems to be heling with the GI issues, either that or it's just starting to get better because I'm holding. I have a recipe for electrolyte replacement that I have been using and It has helped with the headaches, dehydration, and other issues that all of this causes. I've had problems like this all through my taper but this cut has been the worst. Definitly going back to dlmt and a symptoms based taper.

Anyway, I've been thinkg of all of you and hoping that there has been some relief and improvements.

Big hugs to everyone,

:hug::mybuddy::smitten:

Hey T, sorry you are still struggling with those issues but it sounds like it may be eases some.  I sure hope so  :).  I do a symptom based dlmt too. I hated cut and hold.  please post when you can, we like to hear how you are, love Mary ❤️

Lady Mary and Esperanza no l think you have got the wrong end of the stick here l have never saw GOT nor would l walk down the road to see anybody famous 😀.l just happened to be in a coffee shop in Belfast with my sister and two of my friends and they came in.None of us watch the programme and we didn't know who they were 😂.l thought they looked familiar but that was it.

They were at the table next to us and we started chatting.l thought they were very friendly and pleasant.

Esperanza don't worry l am busy with the walking dead that is my true calling 😀.

I hope winter came for you all.

Love you my lady Mary and my hillbilly friend.

Love and hugs Stut X

Morning Stut, you accidentally run into people I would love to meet :tickedoff:  They are doing a spinoff of GOT in Northern Ireland.  Hope you are feeling better and are ready to go when you see your daughter, pet my babies for me.  Wasn't that a fabulous post  Can't wrote to chin?  Miss you much, your Lady Mary.  🐉🐉🐉🐉🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺.          🐱🐕🐶🐾🐾🐾🐾

Morning LHSG, hope all have a decent day.

Trishy post if you can, let us know how you are faring with that nasty virus.

Love you all, Mary ♥️

Love you all, Mary ♥️

Hiya Mary M..!! :)

And to you All ofcourse..!!

Just about dinner time here, and maybe a movie.. Any good suggestions..??

Oh I got a good laugh out of "Instant Family"... -Foster related for anyone with sensitivities...

Love you all, Mary ♥️

Hiya Mary M..!! :)

And to you All ofcourse..!!

Just about dinner time here, and maybe a movie.. Any good suggestions..??

Oh I got a good laugh out of "Instant Family"... -Foster related for anyone with sensitivities...

We watched Molly's Game yesterday, true and really good.  Welcome home Merlin ♥️

Good morning everyone

I have been in a window Saturday and Sunday so have felt better.  Went to our cabin in the mountains for a couple days which was relaxing. Still some symptoms but much better, no stomach or GI issues, minimal anxiety.  I’m hoping it continues, I’m feeling pretty good so far today.  Definitely accurate lexapro dosing hasn’t hurt either.

For Chin, borrowing from experiences of former poster Valleyum, there is thinking that symptoms that happen while holding at a certain dosage would happen regardless and is likely a time your body needs for healing.  The time is needed either now or later.  In the experience of others, a long hold through symptoms now makes for a smoother time after you jump.  But meds should be kept very stable for awhile, hence “long hold”  This is my opinion, but only makes sense to me, it’s all part of a healing process we must go through to get free.  Hang in there Chin, we’re all healing and recovering.

Hope everyone has an ok day.

Bill

Thank you Bill

Not so good today, but then I have been unstable for a long time. I think I have made matters a little worse by trying a tiny bit of celexa , a suggestion made by my psychiatrist, I tried a quarter of the lowest dose 10mg pill, and I feel awful, and sickly, though this may be just me and my severe anxiety. I don't think I will continue with it. I hope it wears off  soon.

I was already in a state this morning after a rough weekend, with severe head ache and many other symptoms, and took my day time 1mg dose early in one go, I have been splitting it into .5mgs at 10am and 5pm, then night time 1mg.  However I was so bad I took the 1mg at 9.45am and will have to wait till evening now.

I have completely lost my appetite again, which I had gained back late evenings, but this weekend it had gone again and I worried as I have lost a lot of weight so cannot afford not to eat. Now the nausea is back and stupidly I could have added to it with the crumb of celexa,.

I have some RX valium due to arrive in a day or so as I am not sure if I need to move down as I have never been stable or should hold a while and hope I do. I worry as I started as a short term user and now it is alreay 12 months and most of it trying to taper off the 4mgs valium

So you think I should hold a while?

Thank you for thinking of me

Jen

Thank you ITBO. I sadly did try a tiny crumb of celexa this morning in desperation and at the suggestion of my psychiatrist, It was ony 2.5mgs but feel worse , Now this may well not be the celexa at all but the state I am in. However I think I will not take any more and hope that crumb has done no damage. I feel so nauseas and even more anxious if that is at all possible

Thank you for your kind advice

Thank you Bill

Not so good today, but then I have been unstable for a long time. I think I have made matters a little worse by trying a tiny bit of celexa , a suggestion made by my psychiatrist, I tried a quarter of the lowest dose 10mg pill, and I feel awful, and sickly, though this may be just me and my severe anxiety. I don't think I will continue with it. I hope it wears off  soon.

I was already in a state this morning after a rough weekend, with severe head ache and many other symptoms, and took my day time 1mg dose early in one go, I have been splitting it into .5mgs at 10am and 5pm, then night time 1mg.  However I was so bad I took the 1mg at 9.45am and will have to wait till evening now.

I have completely lost my appetite again, which I had gained back late evenings, but this weekend it had gone again and I worried as I have lost a lot of weight so cannot afford not to eat. Now the nausea is back and stupidly I could have added to it with the crumb of celexa,.

I have some RX valium due to arrive in a day or so as I am not sure if I need to move down as I have never been stable or should hold a while and hope I do. I worry as I started as a short term user and now it is alreay 12 months and most of it trying to taper off the 4mgs valium

So you think I should hold a while?

Thank you for thinking of me

Jen

Hey Chin, has something changed..? -I just noticed your sig is rather different now...

Do you still feel this is a paradoxical situation right from the first week or so, and throught your taper, etc..?

Its kinda important for advice, and there are some rather experienced people here to help... If you now feel its more a discontinuation issue, then I retract some of what I said earlier in my post, and would definantly put more emphasis on longer holding, as we have discussed in the past...

We can only go off your interpritation of your history, and how you present...

All considered, you have realy made some great progress from what you explained as a terrible position, -I hope you can find the best path from here..

All the best with what you decide...

Cant.

what a lovely thoughtful reply, I wish I knew what to do. I know this drug does not suit me and never has, just cant seem to get off it as my body doesn't seem to mend. I fear rushing along and then ending up with no drug at all and a lot worse symptoms and I don't mend , Just need a little hope I guess. I wish I could distract but I cant seem to do it.  I wish I knew how to come back from this. I so want to at least have some life, I am pinned to my bed in fear and nausea at the moment after a very rough weekend .

Thank you cant.

Chin,

Some great people here want to help...I think you need to detail your complete med history so people can give you the best advice.

[48...]