Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Guys please read my signature . I dropped then reinstated  .felt great for a short while then started having horrific anxiety again .

Will I ever stabilize ?

Prozac: I don't know anything about the drugs you are on but I do know it can take time for a reinstatement to work. I also find sometime a small bump up in dose can be of great benefit .

I am typing this while I am on hold with yet another doctor for my son. He has now been sick for sick months and starting to show worsening of symptoms ... belly pain is near constant, conditioning worsening, I have updosed my K and I am pretty sure we are going to end up the ER this weekend, which maybe would get things moving in the right direction for him. I am shaking and having a hard time keeping it together.

I'm so sorry for your son I hope  he will get better soon .

Thank you for your advice . Can you tell me what is a bump up ?

Hi Prozac from your signature you have been all over the place.You have updosed which isn't a quick fix the only thing that will help now is keeping your dose level for months.l know you want to get off these drugs but you need to allow your brain time to adjust to all the changes.l would advise you hold for as long as it takes to let everything settle down then taper slowly.

Thank you so much but I always have this feeling that I'm wasting my time by waiting and that I'll never stabilise no matter how long I wait .

Do you think starting a slow taper now is a bad idea ?

Hi Prozac everyone feels as you do it's what on this forum they call benzo lies l personally just think it's acute anxiety when you feel hopeless and helpless.lf you restart your taper now you will just continue to bounce up and down.There isn't an easy way to do this the only way is patience and giving your brain enough time to get used to changes and finding ways to deal with the anxiety.

You will get lots of different advice on this forum some will say push through others will say hold for a few weeks.ln my opinion and experience a couple of weeks is no where near long  enough.l personally have found slow and symptom based is the only way l can stay functional to a degree.

Love and hugs Stut X

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better Saturday.

Lady Mary l hope that damn migraine has lifted my love.You are missed so much here.l hate that you have these awful headaches but hopefully the cataract removal will lessen the amount you get my love.Thinkng of you.Love you my lady Mary.

Esperanza you are doing it my love and l am so proud of you.Keep going my warrior don't be a prisoner and take back control.You are stronger than you think.

Love you my lovely friend.

Gilly l hope you feel stronger today.You will feel better soon l know it.Sending you my warm hugs and love.

I am up at the hospital to see Sis then my daughter will be home later.Tomorrow we are going to the seaside for a week so l probably won't be on so l will try to get on for a while later.

Love and hugs Stut X

Hi Prozac from your signature you have been all over the place.You have updosed which isn't a quick fix the only thing that will help now is keeping your dose level for months.l know you want to get off these drugs but you need to allow your brain time to adjust to all the changes.l would advise you hold for as long as it takes to let everything settle down then taper slowly.

Thank you so much but I always have this feeling that I'm wasting my time by waiting and that I'll never stabilise no matter how long I wait .

Hey Prozac

Hang in there you will eventually stabilise unfortunately it just takes time and when you feel like crap, with anxiety and all sorts of symptoms we tend to make it worse with our impatience. I was on amitriptyline for a long time and it was hell getting off it sometimes I would make a cut and it would take 17 weeks before I felt the effect, so long hold is definitely the way to go. When you do make a cut make it a small one, everyone is different so I found that I would document everything so I knew how long to wait until another cut. Just documented the dates and my symptoms and how long until I felt normal lol relatively normal anyway. And at the end of the day if you have to updose etc that is ok and keep telling yourself that.

Always do what is right for you.

Luv n hugs

Gypsy😘

Hey Everyone

Sorry will take a while for me to get back into the swing of the forum life it's been so long, I am still suffering with withdrawals from the bromelain sucking the v out of my system will probably take a few weeks to return to normal. How quickly we forget how hard withdrawals can be.

I watched a documentary with Professor Heather Ashton and she was stating that these forums are great for people in helping them to get off their medication, as we know what it feels like and have the expertise of each other in coming up with great ways to titrate at slower rates puts the kibosh on all the naysayers out there.

Anyway wishing everyone well, and will hopefully get to know you as time goes on.

Luv n hugs

Gypsy :smitten:

Hi Prozac everyone feels as you do it's what on this forum they call benzo lies l personally just think it's acute anxiety when you feel hopeless and helpless.lf you restart your taper now you will just continue to bounce up and down.There isn't an easy way to do this the only way is patience and giving your brain enough time to get used to changes and finding ways to deal with the anxiety.

You will get lots of different advice on this forum some will say push through others will say hold for a few weeks.ln my opinion and experience a couple of weeks is no where near long  enough.l personally have found slow and symptom based is the only way l can stay functional to a degree.

Love and hugs Stut X

Thank you so much .

Hey Prozac

Hang in there you will eventually stabilise unfortunately it just takes time and when you feel like crap, with anxiety and all sorts of symptoms we tend to make it worse with our impatience. I was on amitriptyline for a long time and it was hell getting off it sometimes I would make a cut and it would take 17 weeks before I felt the effect, so long hold is definitely the way to go. When you do make a cut make it a small one, everyone is different so I found that I would document everything so I knew how long to wait until another cut. Just documented the dates and my symptoms and how long until I felt normal lol relatively normal anyway. And at the end of the day if you have to updose etc that is ok and keep telling yourself that.

Always do what is right for you.

Luv n hugs

Gypsy😘

Was your cut 10% as recommended ?

Wow if I have to wait 17 weeks between 2 cuts that would take me forever to taper .

Hey Prozac Survivor, you've been given some very good advice.  I read your signature and you have been very unstable and all over the place.  I see your main concern is how long it will take you.  That's everyone's main concern in the beginning until you finally decide how you feel is going to be the deciding factor.  All the jumping around with dosing amounts has just kept your brain and cns unable to even begin to stabalize, I'm sorry, I know you don't want to do this, but you truly need to hold, and not by a time frame but by symptoms beginning to ease until  can at least function with them.  There is no way to say how long that will be, but from the looks of your signature, it is going to take a while.  Consider it a learning process.  Many of us got started off going to fast and ended up on long holds, but your brain and cns is getting what they crave.  Stability.  I wish you good luck 🍀, we are here for you.  Don't change anything, give your body this time.  Love, Mary 💜🙏☮️💜🙏☮️

Lady Mary how are you?

. Love and hugs Stut X

I'm fine, I was just upset and in the dumps yesterday and when I get like that, which is seldom, I won't talk.  Sorry if I worried you guys.  Glad you are off to the beach and your sister is doing so well.  Give the babies hugs and kisses.  Lady Mary ☮️💜💜☮️.

Lady Mary did l upset you?Is it just this damn tapering business?l hate to think that something here put you in bad form.l always miss you your my lady Mary l think Joe missed you more than anyone he was going to disband his harem.

Love you my lady Mary

Love and hugs Stut X

Lady Mary did l upset you?Is it just this damn tapering business?l hate to think that something here put you in bad form.l always miss you your my lady Mary l think Joe missed you more than anyone he was going to disband his harem.

Love you my lady Mary

Love and hugs Stut X

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  not likely, I believe I read something about a double dose of sarcasm  ::)

Yes he was on top form but missing your one liners l was on but l think it was like laurel without Hardy 😀.l swear he is lost when he hasn't us all pecking at him it's not good for his ego.

Love and hugs Stut X

Yes he was on top form but missing your one liners l was on but l think it was like laurel without Hardy 😀.l swear he is lost when he hasn't us all pecking at him it's not good for his ego.

Love and hugs Stut X

I believe we are his best medicine 💊, a big lift to the ego, which his is pretty big, so it takes a lot of us.  Sarcasm #1,  :D.  I'm sure #2 will show up soon :laugh: :laugh:

Lol lady Mary l am surprised he can sit up straight with that head lol.You keep on him this week or he will go into a decline.

Is your procedure Monday?

Love and hugs Stut X

Lol lady Mary l am surprised he can sit up straight with that head lol.You keep on him this week or he will go into a decline.

Is your procedure Monday?

Love and hugs Stut X

Tuesday , have to be there at 6:30 ugh.  Just ready for it to be over. I don't really understand how my eyesight will work, with 2 completely different eye sights.  Tim thinks he can make a pair using some reading glasses and another real pair  :laugh:  I am not so sure, but keeping my fingers crossed  :D

Lady Mary there are glasses called bifocals that means the top part is for seeing in the distance and the bottom part is for reading a lot of people have them here your optician will sort you out.

Good luck for Tuesday l have everything thing crossed for you.l know you will be grand you will have the best person with you holding your hand.l will be thinking of you and if you see a couple of drones overhead don't worry l am just making sure you are alright.

Love you my lady Mary.

. love and hugs Stut X Give my boys a hug from me.

Lady Mary there are glasses called bifocals that means the top part is for seeing in the distance and the bottom part is for reading a lot of people have them here your optician will sort you out.

Good luck for Tuesday l have everything thing crossed for you.l know you will be grand you will have the best person with you holding your hand.l will be thinking of you and if you see a couple of drones overhead don't worry l am just making sure you are alright.

Love you my lady Mary.

Love you too❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Love you my lady Mary.

I just meant the time between procedures, how do you even begin to focus?  Oh, I will ask OKatz, she has been through it already :D

Good morning LHSG, rise and get your a$$ moving.  Really I the dumps yesterday, just didn't feel like talking, only read just a little bit.  Missed you guys, Mary ❣️💕❣️💕❤️😘

Missed you too our Mary.  Love you. ❤️❤️💕

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:  did you keep Joe in line for me?  All the other girls just spoil him more  ;):D.            Sarcasm #2.      Hey Joe, there is your double dose for hmmmmm, yesterday or today.  I may need two more. 

No I didn’t post much so he was probably running rampant.  :D :D :laugh:

Yes he was ......I read what he wrote :laugh: :laugh:

I guess we are lucky he remembered our names  :laugh: :laugh:

[65...]