Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hey all it's Trivia Thursday!!😁..I know it's not as exciting as riddle Tuesday but we'll make the best of it 😂

Ok so who created the first Valentine's day box of chocolates?

123 GO!! ⏲️ 5 minutes to answer..😁

john Cadbury

Close D!!! It was his son Richard Cadbury 😃 but you get a gigantic box of chocolates💝 as a consolation prize! Lol!

Ok well since it's very quiet here tonight I'll just say goodnight.

Hope you all had a decent day.

Love to all,

Trish♥️

Night girlfriend, I think English has found another group she likes  :(

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.l am going to see sis today so l will dip in when l can.Lady Mary and Trish you seem to be the only two rats left on the sinking ship but it will pick up again.Love you both.

Julianna l don't know why some people suffer more than others and to be honest with you l don't think anyone does it's all speculation etc.All you can do is take this slowly and it should keep those withdrawal symptoms to a level where you can cope.Try not to overthink it and if you need to hold hold.

Esperanza my lovely hillbilly warrior keep fighting the good fight.Love you.

Gilly sending you a hug sweet girl and keep believing in yourself.love ya

Love and hugs Stut X

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.l am going to see sis today so l will dip in when l can.Lady Mary and Trish you seem to be the only two rats left on the sinking ship but it will pick up again.Love you both.

Julianna l don't know why some people suffer more than others and to be honest with you l don't think anyone does it's all speculation etc.All you can do is take this slowly and it should keep those withdrawal symptoms to a level where you can cope.Try not to overthink it and if you need to hold hold.

Esperanza my lovely hillbilly warrior keep fighting the good fight.Love you.

Gilly sending you a hug sweet girl and keep believing in yourself.love ya

Love and hugs Stut X

Have a good trip Stut,  I would love to see the Muffin swimming.  Hope your sister is starting to feel better.  Love, Mary

Not away yet my lovely lady Mary will set off first thing Sunday morning.Muffin will love every moment of it she's a water dog her excitement is contagious Daisy loves it every bit as much.

Sis is looking great and they are sorting her drugs out for the epilepsy.They have had her up walking every day so things are progressing slowly in the right direction.

How's the eyes this morning can you see anything or are they as bad as yesterday morning?

Love and hugs Stut X

Hi Everyone. Having a reading in bed day. Felt very tough when I woke up so I know I need to rest.

Stut, thank you for your never-ending support. You're a 🌟 Star. Hope things are okay with you.

Mary, this is so cute, I am reading in bed and Tilly is lying on my tummy. I can feel her purring through my duvet!

Trishy, sorry I missed out last night! Hope you're okay.

Love to All. Gilly xxx 💟

Mary, I've remembered what I wanted to tell you. The Last Of The Mohicans plus Downton Abbey series 2 arrived today. Not watching Mohicans yet I don't think because I'm avoiding violence. Unless Dave wants to watch it and then I might make an exception. Love, Gilly xxx 💟

Guys please read my signature . I dropped then reinstated  .felt great for a short while then started having horrific anxiety again .

Will I ever stabilize ?

Hi Prozac from your signature you have been all over the place.You have updosed which isn't a quick fix the only thing that will help now is keeping your dose level for months.l know you want to get off these drugs but you need to allow your brain time to adjust to all the changes.l would advise you hold for as long as it takes to let everything settle down then taper slowly.

Lady Mary thinking about you my love l hope that migraine goes soon.Sending you a healing hug.

Love you my lady Mary.

Love and hugs Stut X 💖🌹💐🥀

Guys please read my signature . I dropped then reinstated  .felt great for a short while then started having horrific anxiety again .

Will I ever stabilize ?

Prozac: I don't know anything about the drugs you are on but I do know it can take time for a reinstatement to work. I also find sometime a small bump up in dose can be of great benefit .

I am typing this while I am on hold with yet another doctor for my son. He has now been sick for sick months and starting to show worsening of symptoms ... belly pain is near constant, conditioning worsening, I have updosed my K and I am pretty sure we are going to end up the ER this weekend, which maybe would get things moving in the right direction for him. I am shaking and having a hard time keeping it together.

NJ waste no more time and get that young lad to the er.l think the fact that they have yet to diagnose your son is ludicrous.l am not surprised you are struggling this is tremendously stressful for all of you.l don't really understand why they are not able to diagnose this so hopefully if you take him in to the hospital they will get to the bottom of this.What you are going through and what you are feeling is nothing to do with klonopin my love this is a mother struggling to cope with her son being ill so do what you have to do to get the treatment your son needs

Hang in there my love you will get through this.Let us know how you get on.You are in my prayers.

Love and hugs Stut X

NJ, this is so unbelievable. Six months and no answer. I am hoping this doctor will have some insight. You should do whatever you have to do with your Benzo to minimize what it is adding to an already unbearable situation. Holding you in my heart, Esperanza

Juliana, I certainly sympathize. My taper has had a limited number of side effects, but the ones I do have never let up I am still holding, going on 5 months. Holds may not provide the same relief for everyone, but what we will never know is how much worse it might have been without the holds. Slow tapers and holds when necessary will give some people a tolerable experience. I have to believe that even if I am not one of these, I will still benefit from not pushing too fast. I may not be healing fast enough to keep up with even tiny cuts, but I am still healing. I have read a number of post withdrawal posts and it seems there is more long term suffering reported by those who tapered very quickly. Welcome to the group, Esperanza

Dear Cousin Mary, I am still here. Yesterday was a bit of a challenge, so I didn’t post much. I am fighting agoraphobia, which is something I have never experienced. So, on the wise counsel of our Irish queen, I got out, did my errands, and tried to overcome it as best I could. I never would have imagined that going to the bank and the Dollar Tree to get wrapping paper would be a challenge. I many not be posting much this weekend. I have to attend a funeral tomorrow. My sister in law lost her mother. She was suffering from Altzeimers, so it is a blessing. Sunday, I have another birthday party. I bet you all think that is all I do. My granddaughter is 12. We have two girls, 7 months apart. We call them the twins and they have always been two peas in a pod. That will be all the birthdays until July, when my youngest will turn 9. Hope we can get your eyes fixed soon. It will have to make things a whole lot better for you. Love and hugs, Esperanza

Esp, I meant that I hope the weekend goes well regarding the birthday party.

Regarding the funeral, you are doing really well to get there. Sending you my love and thoughts.

Gilly xxx 💟💟💟

Hi Prozac from your signature you have been all over the place.You have updosed which isn't a quick fix the only thing that will help now is keeping your dose level for months.l know you want to get off these drugs but you need to allow your brain time to adjust to all the changes.l would advise you hold for as long as it takes to let everything settle down then taper slowly.

Thank you so much but I always have this feeling that I'm wasting my time by waiting and that I'll never stabilise no matter how long I wait .

Do you think starting a slow taper now is a bad idea ?

[43...]