Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Does there come a point that long holds just don't work?  I am very low on Valium, and I am keyed up even though I haven't tried to reduce since August (when I failed at it).  I am one-third into a reduction from 1.5 V to 1.25 V., and I am doing it slowly, 8 percent a month reduction (as I calculate it). 

I am going to hold now until I get relaxed again.  I have been trying to determine if something else in my life might be stressing me out, but it still comes down to that teeny bit of Valium that I am reducing each morning.

Someone on another thread suggested that our problem is just differing genetics.  Have others failed to benefit from long holds?

Holds don't work for everyone, but a lot of people have to hold a very long time.  I was a little confused above your post?  You held from August to when? I have a lot of trouble with Valium, 5% a month was a good month for me, so 8 may be too high for you.  After this hold, make sure you are stable and cut your next taper to a lower %.  Just my opinion, good luck! 🍀 Mary

Mary --

Thank you for responding.  I have held without trying to reduce any from August until January 30.

I haven't made any progress in reducing since March 2018. 

Thanks for the note that Valium may require a slower taper than 8 percent a month.

Stut, I am really hoping you are having a great time with your friends and are getting to laugh and laugh.  Truly, I think that makes me feel better than almost anything.  I wish laughter could be bottled.  I would be laughter dependent  :laugh:

Please love on my babies for me.  If I disappear, begood should be looked at first, tell the police  :laugh: :laugh:

Love you my Queen, Lady Mary 🐕🐾🐾🐶🐾🐾.      😘😘😘😘😘😘  ☮️💜🙏☮️💜🙏

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Lady Mary l see it was very quiet yesterday well it ebbs and flows like withdrawal it will pick up.l hope your peepers are not too bad and you are managing to do your exercises?l had a good day with my friends they are great craic and there was plenty of laughter but what l love most about them is you can tell them anything and it doesn't go any further.They are the most trustworthy people l know.Anyway l am exhausted they didn't leave until the wee small hours so l will probably rest a bit today and go to the hospital tomorrow.Will try to get on later if not have a good one my love.Love you my lady Mary.

Gilly you have been here before my love and you have always come through.l know it's hard to remember when you are in the thick of it but you have.l know you will get through this and things won't look just as bleak.One day at a time my love sending you my healing hug.

Esperanza never give up little goals can make such a difference to recovery.Start small and build them up you can and you will get your life love you my lovely friend.

Nova,SS , Trish and lntend hoping you are doing well and hopefully hear from you all soon.

Love and hugs Stut.

Mary --

Thank you for responding.  I have held without trying to reduce any from August until January 30.

I haven't made any progress in reducing since March 2018. 

Thanks for the note that Valium may require a slower taper than 8 percent a month.

Hi Julianna l am not sure if you are tapering or holding at the moment.You did a long hold so l want to ask did your withdrawal symptoms settle down?If they did the hold worked that is the goal of a long hold getting withdrawal symptoms to a place where they are more manageable.

Sadly no matter how long you hold you will not be withdrawal free when you resume your taper especially on very low doses of diazepam.A slow taper however should allow your symptoms to be manageable to a degree so keep your percentage low and taper when everything settles down.

Love and hugs Stut X

Happy Valentines Day LHSG, hope for all to have a better day, love you all very much..Perseverance Train is on the move, Valentine Party for LHSG, The Village and Looking Forward, bring the pets, critters and any loved ones you wish.  Love Laughter Food and Drinks., oh, Nannies not allowed  :D Thank you all for being here for me, it has meant the world. 🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂 ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️🐾❤️🐾🐾🐾❤️🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹, Mary 👩🏻‍✈️

Oh lady Mary let that poor nanny on she sounds lovely.She will do our Joe very well l think.How's you my love did you get a gift from my lovely friend Tim?I only realised it was valentine's Day when l saw the posts.

. love and hugs Stut X

Oh lady Mary let that poor nanny on she sounds lovely.She will do our Joe very well l think.How's you my love did you get a gift from my lovely friend Tim?I only realised it was valentine's Day when l saw the posts.

. love and hugs Stut X

No present yet, but expecting one of those small lap tops if he can get away from work today.  I am going to get to do those emojis of begood's or spend a fortune trying :laugh: 

So glad you had so much fun with your friends, beats chocolates any day.  Joe likes me being jealous, and you, and begood, and free  :laugh: :laugh:  you have a restful day with those pups so you are ready to visit your sister tomorrow.  I know she has missed you a great deal.  Come on later if you feel like it.  Happy Valentines Day to you , my beautiful Queen, love you much, Lady Mary ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹. 🐶🐾🐾🐕🐾🐾

Thanks my lady Mary l hope you get a lovely gift however l think you got the best gift of all an amazing hubby.l have all my walking done for today and l will rest now.The weather is lovely here at the moment so l will probably sit outside and enjoy the fresh air.

Not long now my love and l hope you aren't feeling too nervous?It will be over before you know it.l probably will stay on for a while now and stay off the rest of the day.

Love you my lady Mary.

Love and hugs Stut X

Thanks my lady Mary l hope you get a lovely gift however l think you got the best gift of all an amazing hubby.l have all my walking done for today and l will rest now.The weather is lovely here at the moment so l will probably sit outside and enjoy the fresh air.

Not long now my love and l hope you aren't feeling too nervous?It will be over before you know it.l probably will stay on for a while now and stay off the rest of the day.

Love you my lady Mary.

Love and hugs Stut X

5 days thank goodness.  I am blind as a bat this morning.  Trying to get the words bigger and a different color was damn near impossible but I was determined  :laugh::D

Love you my lady Mary.

Love and hugs Stut X

5 days thank goodness.  I am blind as a bat this morning.  Trying to get the words bigger and a different color was damn near impossible but I was determined  :laugh::D

Lol lady Mary there will be nothing that will keep you from posting lol.That isn't long and then you'll be going round this forum like a bat out of hell 😂.

Love and hugs Stut X

💝💐💋😍Happy Valentine’s Day to all of my dear friends! I love you all. Esperanza

Happy Valentines Day my beautiful funny cousin, I am so glad you are with us, your Cuz Mary 🌹🌹🌹❤️❤️❤️😘😘

SS, Trishy, eastcoast, Anu, all my friends, may you have a wonderful Valentines Day, I love you all, and a special call out to Sufi, a very special senior pussycat ❤️🐈🐾🐾 🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹❤️❤️❤️❤️  Mary

Hi Stut --

Thanks for your post to me.  I was fine in my reduction of 8 percent a month until about three days ago, and then I got keyed up and have stayed keyed up.  I reduced from January 30 until yesterday.  Now I am holding, but I am using bits of Valium, and I wonder if I am getting Valium the filler.

Thanks for the tip that small percentages might be very important when I get low on Valium.  I guess I had been looking for an event-free reduction, but that is not to be.  Withdrawal will happen, regardless of how long I hold.

I had trouble sleeping last night.  And this is not good.

I finally took my early-morning dose of Valium at 3:30 in the morning and got back to sleep.  Had been awake at that point for two hours.

We are all in the same boat.  I am surprised that my long hold has not allowed me more leeway in reducing again.

Thank you so much!

Happy Valentine's day everyone!♥️💐

Hope you all enjoyed the day! Ladies I hope your men were good to you..I just love the love day..🤗

Hey all it's Trivia Thursday!!😁..I know it's not as exciting as riddle Tuesday but we'll make the best of it 😂

Ok so who created the first Valentine's day box of chocolates?

123 GO!! ⏲️ 5 minutes to answer..😁

Hey all it's Trivia Thursday!!😁..I know it's not as exciting as riddle Tuesday but we'll make the best of it 😂

Ok so who created the first Valentine's day box of chocolates?

123 GO!! ⏲️ 5 minutes to answer..😁

john Cadbury

[b7...]