Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Lady Mary l am off to my scratcher you don't have to tell me twice.

Give Sly a butt pop on my behalf and Tim as well if he wants one 😌.

Love you my lady Mary.PS look after my less sexy twin because she will be a bit hyper for a few days so keep her calm.

Love and hugs Stut X

Love you my lady Mary.PS look after my less sexy twin because she will be a bit hyper for a few days so keep her calm.

Love and hugs Stut X

We will look after each other, as all of us do here.  Intend can tell when we are getting out there and pulls us all back in, so we can't scatter too much.  Please just worry about you right now.  :tickedoff:

Damn, a hard headed 4 ' 11" woman!!!

You love me really my lady Mary.😜

Love you too my lady Mary.

Love and hugs Stut X

Yes, I love you my Queen, forever 💜☮️🐕🐶🐾🐾

Nova, that email was truly a piece of art! I have composed many such responses to my doctor, but only in my mind, as I can’t afford to piss him off now. Outside of the medical world, what you have had done to you isn’t sugar coated with the label iatrogenic harm(and doctors won’t even cop to that), it is called ASSAULT! Esperanza

Thanks E :hug: I keep repeatedly telling them ( The Wanky NHS Dr's  :idiot:)  I have been medically 'ABUSED'' for year's, and their drugs did this to me!!! :tickedoff: Same thing different spelling.  >:( I will never forget the day I broke down, and cried my eyes out to yet another Hospital consultant who said I was obviously ill ill but they didn't know why, and at this point I knew it had to be drug related but still had no idea about the Benzos plus being Mega super poly drugged , and in severe  ''True Benzo tolerance withdrawal l( Or Relative withdrawal as they call it here on the forum) at my prescribed dose for many, many year's.

Add to that many more year's of thousands drug side effects I knew nothing about making me super ill and disabled,  CT's all over the place '' Their killing me!! Its al these bloody drugs their killing me! He calmly looked at me a skinny toxic wreak sat in a wheel chair in pieces and said 'Yes they probably are'' as if he was asking 'Well how did you enjoy your holiday then???? Then calmly said goodbye then 'NEXT!!! without even looking up form his paperwork work he was writing on ??? !"££$%^&&*()_!! :brickwall:

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Nova, that email was truly a piece of art! I have composed many such responses to my doctor, but only in my mind, as I can’t afford to piss him off now. Outside of the medical world, what you have had done to you isn’t sugar coated with the label iatrogenic harm(and doctors won’t even cop to that), it is called ASSAULT! Esperanza

Thanks E :hug: I keep repeatedly telling them ( The Wanky NHS Dr's  :idiot:)  I have been medically 'ABUSED'' for year's, and their drugs did this to me!!! :tickedoff: Same thing different spelling.  >:( I will never forget the day I broke down, and cried my eyes out to yet another Hospital consultant who said I was obviously ill ill but they didn't know why, and at this point I knew it had to be drug related but still had no idea about the Benzos plus being Mega super poly drugged , and in severe  ''True Benzo tolerance withdrawal l( Or Relative withdrawal as they call it here on the forum) at my prescribed dose for many, many year's.

Add to that many more year's of thousands drug side effects I knew nothing about making me super ill and disabled,  CT's all over the place '' Their killing me!! Its al these bloody drugs their killing me! He calmly looked at me a skinny toxic wreak sat in a wheel chair in pieces and said 'Yes they probably are'' as if he was asking 'Well how did you enjoy your holiday then???? Then calmly said goodbye then 'NEXT!!! without even looking up form his paperwork work he was writing on ??? !"££$%^&&*()_!! :brickwall:

That makes me so 😡 angry, I could cry.  I am so sorry that happened to you.  It is still so hard to believe after all that's happened to us, there are Dr's that would treat people so badly.  I would hold you if I could, love you Nova, Mary ☮️💜🙏☮️💜🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Good morning LHSG.  Yay, we heard from our Stut, but she is sick with a stomach bug,  :(

She always says take care of ourselves but never listens to her own advice, other people always matter more .  What a woman.  Hope everyone is up and feeling some better.  I don't know if how you feel esperanza is like Nova's.  Study her posts and see what you think.  Only you can make those decisions, see if others are like you and what they did and how they feel now.  I made so many mistakes along the way, trying and believing I understand what someone was saying, only to read it after I had more experience, to understand it another way. 

You mean so much to us.....

I have to get the train ready, putting in a few medical cars to to take care of the ones with virus's or just need a little extra care.  MC is paying for nurses, Dr's and beds, he really has a kind heart. 🐈🐈🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂 Love you all, Mary 👩🏻‍✈️Headed for Village and Looking Forward 🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂☮️☮️☮️☮️☮️☮️☮️💜💜💜💜💜💜💜🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

That makes me so 😡 angry, I could cry.  I am so sorry that happened to you.  It is still so hard to believe after all that's happened to us, there are Dr's that would treat people so badly.  I would hold you if I could, love you Nova, Mary ☮️💜🙏☮️💜🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Bless your heart  Mary  :hug: I just feel mad and sad for all of us who are  going or have been through this  :( Hers yet another Email I fired off to a wonderful psychiatrist that gets it after my dick head NHS Dr upset me YET AGAIN!!  :tickedoff: ,

BUT even they were classing withdrawal as 'Mental illness' so I sent them this, and fair play they took it on board READ and listened, and have now changed and re-classed it to  if from 'Mental illness' to 'Iatrogenic Benzo withdrawal dependency syndrome'' which is exactly what it is. Also I did it to educate to get the truth out there via a professional as no one is listening to millions of us, and know that this person will get out there and pass on what I've said to their colleagues in the Medical profession in the hope that many more of us will be helped by what I said to this wonderful person their a good soul as well as a Dr 

For those of you who don't know what iatrogenic means its  means'' Resulting from the activity of a health care provider or institution; said of any adverse condition in a patient resulting from treatment by a physician, nurse, or allied health professional.'' in other words THE MEDICAL INDUSTRY PEOPLE( NHS in my case >:() RUINED YOUR HEALTH AND LIFE WITH THEIR IGNORANCE, LIES, STUPIDITY, DENIAL, PHARMACEUTICAL DRUGS AND INCOMPETENCE!!! :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Love Nova xxxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Good Morning ******* I really need to write this to you for my own peace of mind,  I'm not being rude but Benzodiazepine  withdrawal or any drug withdrawal  isn't  'Mental illness' its 'Drug withdrawal, that wording and blind faith and trust in Drs is what got me into this mess over 30 year's ago when I was put on a massive dose of Ativan which I should never had been prescribed in the first place when a GP mistook a bad reaction to an antibiotic as Panic attacks which I never ever heard of.  ( Drs mistake number one)

I was on  what I now know to be the equivalent of 600mgs of Valium  as Ativan 2mgs is equal to 20mg of Valium, I was never given any information about that drug Ativan just prescribed it starting at 4mg  4 times a day with 2mg Ativan pills  and each time I told the Dr certain things were happening, ( which now I've educated myself on these drugs I know were Side effects and inter dose  withdrawal)  he just kept telling me to put the dose up . After months of getting sicker and sicker I told him the pills were making me more ill as now I had more and more health problems I didn't have before the pills and also I was concerned that I was taking 30 pills a day per his instructions and he just told me to stop taking them so trusting the Dr I did (Drs Mistake number two)

Within a few days I began to hear loud music  for hours in my head intermittently, I also had  one hallucination which lasted a minute or 2 but was aware it wasn't real but wanted to know why it was happening      ( I was beginning to go in to  withdrawal and had no idea I was) so went to see the GP who had a phycologist  that came to the surgery twice a week  so told him what was happening then he asked me if I would voluntarily go into ******** hospital which was the local mental hospital. So thinking they would have the answer to why these things were happening I said yes ( Mistake number three) as in my innocence I believed they would have the answer then I would have a tool box I could use to sort myself out at the time unbeknown to me my life was about to get really screwed up big time  by a psychiatrist at the Hospital and the fall out was to last until now

When I went in I was neither ''depressed'' or ''manic'' but curious as to why these thing were happening to me and what I could do to help myself make it stop, so enter Dr *******  ******  till the day I die I will never forget that name ever, and at that time the ''Chemical imbalance'' theory which was debunked year's ago was used BIG TIME. The time you become 'Chemically imbalanced'' is when you put the  man made chemicals into your body then they wreak havoc on you mind body  emotions spirit and soul .

Anyway she kept banging on at me 'Its because your depressed'' no I bloody well was not!! I was a HUGE optimist by nature no matter what happened I could always see the light at the end of the tunnel , but on those two things loud music  for hours in my head intermittently, 1 minute hallucination she declared me 'Manic depressive". Why did no one take any notice of the HUGE dose of Ativan I was taken off cold turkey?? especially a psychiatrist  ( Drs BIG HUGE life wreaking mistake number three)

At this point she had offered me 1 Valium 5mg a day but the symptoms I had gone in with had eased off  little did I know worse was to come as yet again I believed the Dr diagnosis and then the pill fest began, she prescribed all sorts  I had also gone into 'late onset withdrawal'' from the Ativan too,  that hell was to hit me full force a few  weeks later and lasted for 4 to 5 year's .  That's  also the reason I never had children and I love kids because I believed this woman and didn't want to pass on my ''Mental illness'' to any other souls so I decided not to have kids all because of her. With a stroke of a pen that woman wreaked my life and I nearly died 5 times when I was seriously ill because whenever I needed medical help I kept getting told 'Its your ''Mental illness'' because that was the first thing all GP's from that day on  looked at on my medical records ALWAYS.

I had internal bleeding I went to the GP and told him I was bleeding from the mouth for no particular reason had vomited up blood in the night as well and got told 'Its all in your mind its your 'Mental illness'. and prescribed me more bloody drugs, and being that good patient I was still with blind faith off home I went with yet more pills.  I was later rushed into  Hospital barely alive and given a massive blood transfusion. this was to become my story over and over again  It was ALWAYS my 'Mental illness' which I never had and have not got got in the first place, and  a load of Hospital consultants yelling at ME, why do I leave myself to the point of death before seeking medical help?? Well go ask the bloody GP's and Hospital staff  who keep putting it down to my ''Mental illness'!!  What I HAVE got is  iatrogenic illnesses and a shit load of Benzodiazepine withdrawal symptoms of all sorts  hence me holding the dose until they settle down or go completely then I can resume tapering off the Dose as I always did in the past and live again not just exist and suffer

At no point did anyone tell me about Dependency or that all  many the drugs I was put on ( 73 and counting so far) should be tapered off slowly, no matter how long it took and to do a 'Symptoms based taper' not set a time table or just ''stop taking them''  as I was continuously told , you can't put a calendar on the wall and use a 'One size fits all' mentality that's dangerous and it damages and kills people or they end up killing their selves because of the suffering.  Also I was put on huge amounts of dangerous drugs at the same time which should never be prescribed together. I was continuously in withdrawals  and side effects for year's, and as one shocked Dr  I saw at the Hospital informed me ''Who the f**k been doing this to you ****** your totally toxic, after I spent ages complaining I fell poisoned only to be told 'You now have' (insert illnesses here) or its your ''Mental illness''??????

******* right now I'm a poster child for Benzodiazepine withdrawal mentally , physically, spiritually and emotionally  besides  year's of Medical abuse and damage that was inflicted on me by the NHS, If I hadn't done my own research as to why I gone from child prodigy elite athlete  to more and more disable in continuous  hell pain  physically mentally spiritually and emotionally, I would not be alive now or once again possibly carted off and locked away for a 'Mental illness' I do NOT have for life???

MY HUGE FEAR

Is what you stated 'Mental illness'' I know it was unintentional and your trying to let me know you have empathy,  but being classed as ''Mentally ill' due to possibly getting  drug withdrawal induced psychosis which is nothing at all to do with ''Mental illness'' its part of the drug withdrawal process, I am terrified of  being sectioned off into a mental ward against my will and drugged up and even more damaged.  And the worse thing that could happen is not allowing the body to carry on its innate healing process and just taking care of the survival needs of  the person while they go through recovery.

Also  allowing them to go back to the last dose or up dosing to  where they are  stable as this too is part of the survival and healing process and tapering the dose even slower or holding the dose as long as necessary until the brain can do what it needs to  resolve the present symptoms be they physical mental or both and continue the healing process then resume tapering. This is the right way to do it, I know it works that's how i did it and had a life until Drs started interfering many others have discovered this for their selves and have gotten off these drugs without symptoms or minimal symptoms or  being pushed into many year's of  protracted withdrawal or never healing by listening to their body.

,Mental  Hospitals and wards  are full of people who are being labelled '' Mentally sick''  and are and are not mentally sick at all ,their suffering from drug withdrawal or side effects,  Iatrogenesis or some other real illness, and being poisoned to death, like you said the other name for Pharmacology is 'Selective Toxicology''.  Or made sicker by the drugs and barbarically given ECT, and brain damaged or eventually commit suicide?  Its horrific I know its true I've seen it  more than  enough times  with my own eyes.

kind regards ******

I feel guilty. You were all worried about me last night and I was watching The Blacklist on Netflix. Yes, I am miserable, but I am luckier than many on this forum. What Nova has gone through is a result of true malpractice. And she is not alone. As Stut said, at 5 months in holding, it wears on anyone. I am not going to increase my dose because I tried it once and it failed. And I will not reinstate and updose. That is probably what it would take for temporary relief. I could only see doing that in a true emergency. Trishy, it was helpful to know that you made a big cut and survived it. We all have to taper eventually, but I am staying with you guys the whole way. Stut, the best place to get sick is in a hospital. No wonder you feel bad. I am just glad your sis is getting out of ICU. Take care of yourself. Intend, Mary, Trishy, Stut, thank you all for calming my fear. Nova, I am thinking of you, dear. Love and hugs, Esperanza

Hello all,

Sorry to have been away so long.

I have been trying to stay away from anything w/d related as I navigate through this time.

But I so wonder and worry about this amazing nest of people who ride Marys' train everyday!

I hope that everyone is managing their taper and health in the best way possible.

My Mom won't be returning home -- is still in hospital waiting for a bed in a long-term care facility.  It's a political process getting a bed in a decent place.  And no places are great.  There are not even better places that can be paid for!  So she's waits and is continuing a slow decline.

She did have her zopiclone -- something she's been on for years -- cut in half and I have no idea as to how that is affecting her now.  I'm pretty sure that is what started the heart palpitations that led to the throwing of clots , hence her strokes.  We know the clots originated in the heart.  But how much all of this is affecting her now is such an unknown.  And of course all the docs are not really open to any info on w/d that i try to tactfully offer..

And I continue down in the tiniest of increments with some mechanical issues with a scale causing great distress for  couple of days.  there are so many places where there can be errors and the margins for errors are so small.

Love to all  :smitten: :smitten:

SS

SS, we are all glad to hear from you. It is agonizing to have someone you love in need of long term care and struggle to get the very best you can in a world that offers so much less than what we know is needed. I have been there. It was not possible to meet my beloved granny’s medical needs at home. I spent many hours hovering over her in a place I did not trust. You have a great burden on your shoulders now. You have so much courage and strength. This has come at a time in your life when you already were fighting to restore your own health. Love is an amazing thing, is it not? My love, Esperanza

I feel guilty. You were all worried about me last night and I was watching The Blacklist on Netflix. Yes, I am miserable, but I am luckier than many on this forum. What Nova has gone through is a result of true malpractice. And she is not alone. As Stut said, at 5 months in holding, it wears on anyone. I am not going to increase my dose because I tried it once and it failed. And I will not reinstate and updose. That is probably what it would take for temporary relief. I could only see doing that in a true emergency. Trishy, it was helpful to know that you made a big cut and survived it. We all have to taper eventually, but I am staying with you guys the whole way. Stut, the best place to get sick is in a hospital. No wonder you feel bad. I am just glad your sis is getting out of ICU. Take care of yourself. Intend, Mary, Trishy, Stut, thank you all for calming my fear. Nova, I am thinking of you, dear. Love and hugs, Esperanza

We will always be here for you, you have "that map".  Estee may need it next I'm afraid.  Keep it close.  I want you to feel better, I miss you my favorite Cousin, Mary ☮️💜🙏☮️💜🙏

Hi All. Sorry I've not been on here for a day or so. I am struggling and that is why.

Trishy, I'm so glad you like your custard creams. I thought they might be a bit sweet for you so that's a relief. If you like chocolate then you could try Bourbon Creams. Sadly, they don't have Bourbon in them! But they are still nice. I prefer custard creams though.

Did you look up the recipe for Northern Irish 'Fifteens'? They sound delicious but are home-made I think.

Love to All.  Gilly xxx 💟💟💟

SS, we are all glad to hear from you. It is agonizing to have someone you love in need of long term care and struggle to get the very best you can in a world that offers so much less than what we know is needed. I have been there. It was not possible to meet my beloved granny’s medical needs at home. I spent many hours hovering over her in a place I did not trust. You have a great burden on your shoulders now. You have so much courage and strength. This has come at a time in your life when you already were fighting to restore your own health. Love is an amazing thing, is it not? My love, Esperanza

Thanks Esperanza,

Luckily we have  caregiver that will continue to be with Mom, and is insisting on being at the hospital 12 hours a day for now.  She is loving and stubborn!

It's so hard when all of this is occurring so far from where we live -- and figuring out when to visit again is tricky.

I hope that things are going well for you my friend?

:smitten: :smitten:

SS I am sure you are reading and my Valium is calling me for a nap, that may never change, I averaged over 5% over the last four months but have to have cataract procedures on both eyes starting on Feb 19, so started holding 2 days ago and will hold for a couple weeks after second procedure, so I think that will be around 8 weeks.  Got to 11.2 mgs.  But I'm ok, far from great. 

But ok.  Hope you are around for awhile but understand if you're not.  As you see, I send you a call out every night so you know we love you and are always close to our hearts......just in case you read at night or any time........

Your Sista, Mary🐈🐱🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

Hello all,

Sorry to have been away so long.

I have been trying to stay away from anything w/d related as I navigate through this time.

But I so wonder and worry about this amazing nest of people who ride Marys' train everyday!

I hope that everyone is managing their taper and health in the best way possible.

My Mom won't be returning home -- is still in hospital waiting for a bed in a long-term care facility.  It's a political process getting a bed in a decent place.  And no places are great.  There are not even better places that can be paid for!  So she's waits and is continuing a slow decline.

She did have her zopiclone -- something she's been on for years -- cut in half and I have no idea as to how that is affecting her now.  I'm pretty sure that is what started the heart palpitations that led to the throwing of clots , hence her strokes.  We know the clots originated in the heart.  But how much all of this is affecting her now is such an unknown.  And of course all the docs are not really open to any info on w/d that i try to tactfully offer..

And I continue down in the tiniest of increments with some mechanical issues with a scale causing great distress for  couple of days.  there are so many places where there can be errors and the margins for errors are so small.

Love to all  :smitten: :smitten:

SS

Thank you SS for the update, you know we're a bunch of worry warts around here. We've missed you terribly and Mary does give you a shout out every night in the hopes that you'd read and pop in. So glad you did my friend. We're a little family here and you're a part of it, always will be.

Hope to get to Paris someday with all of you.. Wouldn't that be something!! :laugh: :laugh:

Prayers and healing thoughts to your mom and family as you endure all that is going on with her.

Much love to you my friend..

Trish :smitten: :smitten:

Hi All. Sorry I've not been on here for a day or so. I am struggling and that is why.

Trishy, I'm so glad you like your custard creams. I thought they might be a bit sweet for you so that's a relief. If you like chocolate then you could try Bourbon Creams. Sadly, they don't have Bourbon in them! But they are still nice. I prefer custard creams though.

Did you look up the recipe for Northern Irish 'Fifteens'? They sound delicious but are home-made I think.

Love to All.  Gilly xxx 💟💟💟

Hey English,

I did look up the fifteens but they require marshmallows of which I'm not a fan :P but I do love the custard creams, I had to give some to my daughter or I'd of eaten the whole package, I'm a small frame so I have to watch my calories  :D

I just received 3 boxes of typhoo tea and am waiting for the PG TIPS to arrive.. I'll have tea coming out of my you know what, if I don't stop my British everything fixation :laugh: :laugh:

Hope you're feeling better today,

Love you,

Trish :smitten:

Love and hugs Stut X

Wow, must be that" twin" thing!.. How does she know me so well... Must be when I gave her my super powers that's enabled her to tap into my thoughts?! .. Spooky :o  :laugh:

Be back later.. Aww what the hell does it matter, no-one is talking to me anyway :laugh: :laugh:

Love all you quiet people..shhhhh... :laugh: :laugh:

Love and hugs Stut X

Wow, must be that" twin" thing!.. How does she know me so well... Must be when I gave her my super powers that's enabled her to tap into my thoughts?! .. Spooky :o  :laugh:

She has her own super powers, but I hate she is sick.  Still feeling good, I know it's only been a couple days, but it's my responsibility not to let you get anxious.  Stut came on to talk to SS,  how did she know SS was on, hmmmmmm super powers  :laugh:;D.  Love ya D'r.    D ☮️💜🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Be back later.. Aww what the hell does it matter, no-one is talking to me anyway :laugh: :laugh:

sorry was taking my valium nap, she is a bitch........

SS, we are all glad to hear from you. It is agonizing to have someone you love in need of long term care and struggle to get the very best you can in a world that offers so much less than what we know is needed. I have been there. It was not possible to meet my beloved granny’s medical needs at home. I spent many hours hovering over her in a place I did not trust. You have a great burden  on your shoulders now. You have so much courage and strength. This has come at a time in your life when you already were fighting to restore your own health. Love is an amazing thing, is it not? My love, Esperanza

SS, I was hoping things might ease up between you and your brother with all this going on with your mom but it doesn't sound like it did.  I'm sorry, that would relieve so much pressure off you :(

I was very happy to hear Sufi is doing so well, and of course Zorro  :D.

Oct, Nov, Dec, and Jan, I managed over 5% a month, but holding now, have 2 cataract procedures coming up, the first on Feb 19, so I will be holding about 8 weeks I think, maybe less, we'll see.

I truly was thrilled to see your post.  Can't has been struggling with the pain patch and isn't on often, but I know he will be so happy to see you've posted.  Love you, Mary ☮️💜🙏☮️💜🙏🐈🐱🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

Thanks Esperanza,

Luckily we have  caregiver that will continue to be with Mom, and is insisting on being at the hospital 12 hours a day for now.  She is loving and stubborn!

It's so hard when all of this is occurring so far from where we live -- and figuring out when to visit again is tricky.

I hope that things are going well for you my friend?

:smitten: :smitten:

sorry was taking my valium nap, she is a bitch........

She's a demanding ho now isn't she? :laugh:

[80...]