Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Mary, I don't know what you mean about mentioning downs to Dave. Is spellchecker doing weird things?

I wanted to ask something anyway. I don't seem to be getting any answers on the withdrawal thread. The chemist changed the brand name of one of my anti depressants last week. Now I can hardly function and I'm in bed all the time. Has anyone else been bed bound on here? I really need advice. Thanks.

I can't be sure GB, Stut was very sick but I don't know if she was bed bound, same for SS for awhile, very sick, but I don't think bed bound.  You know when I joined, most of them had been holding a while and were feeling pretty decent.  Can't has been bed bound, would you reach out to him?

Gilly , I have been bedbound, horrible ..... I am better now ,a s is SS and Stut , I think we all did long holds.

I am in the midst of a generic switch of my clonazepam. It has definitely increasded my wds.

I have no choice as Teva is no longer making clonazepam .5 mgs

Are you able to research online at all ?

Or maybe start a thread  on BB asking if anyone else is using the same generics as you ?

I belive your body will a djust , but , if you can get the same generic as before that would take out one variable in your wd.  YOu don't need anything else to deal with at this point !

can you call your prescribing doctor? call your pharmacy too and see if you can get the same as before .

It does make a difference to sensitive types , and you a re already having wd intensity ,

much love, mIyu :smitten:

GB, I do know my pharmacy where my sister in law also goes, changed her generic xanax, she knew right away something was different, went to the pharmacy and they agreed right away to order her the generic she was on, so definitely try that like MiYu suggested.  And can you call a few others,just in case that's what they use? 

MiYu , have you tried those tabs that dissolve under the tongue that Intend is using?

Mary, there is Dumb, there is Dumber, and there is my Doctor! He thinks I am the only person in the world to have trouble tapering a Benzo. But, he is going to let me do what I need to do. That is all that matters to me. Esperanza

I called in today too, didn't feel up to being around all the kids..

I would just wait, you don't know how bad it might get, just hold steady.......love you, so sorry you have a cold, working with kids leaves you open to a lot of germs.  You curl up and rest.  Luv ya , Mary

☮️💜🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Thank you sweet D, I am under a nice soft blanket now drinking my coffee and mouth breathing 🤧 uhg..☹️

I really wanted to cut today :((((((((

How's the eyeball doing? And is my twin never coming back?? Is she feeling better and her sister, how is she doing?

Love ya too D♥️

Mouth breathing really does suck , now that you mention it :laugh::D

Hi everyone,

I'm home!! Dr visit went well, don't have to go back until May. He does make me sign a controlled substance contract which I gladly do. He's a kind Dr though not like former idiot Dr.

And still mouth breathing and feeling really sick but no fever, just stuffy/runny nose.. Anyone have any natural remedies they use for the common cold?

Hi everyone,

I'm home!! Dr visit went well, don't have to go back until May. He does make me sign a controlled substance contract which I gladly do. He's a kind Dr though not like former idiot Dr.

Hey you, that's great, it's still a relief when it's over!  How are you feeling?  Your D

Mary, there is Dumb, there is Dumber, and there is my Doctor! He thinks I am the only person in the world to have trouble tapering a Benzo. But, he is going to let me do what I need to do. That is all that matters to me. Esperanza

That's exactly right, that's all that matters and it's a lot.  I am so happy for you cuz.  :clap: :clap:

You're the best , I am very happy you are here with us ☮️💜🙏☮️💜🙏.  You are only one with map to the hideout  :)

Hi Everyone. Thanks for getting back to me. I have got my Quetiapine sorted at the doctor's so that I always get the same brand. It was more difficult with this Nortriptyline, for a few reasons. The doctor can only prescribe one of three brands. The ones I've had recently have just been any old generic brand, including the one that I usually have. I could definitely ask the doctor to prescribe me one of the three brands they can prescribe (the ones listed in the doctor's book) but that would be another change.

I think that Cant has been through this bedbound stuff because he was polydrugged like me. It really takes it out on you. I could definitely talk to Cant about it and I've sent him a pm. I'm not sure how well he is at the moment.

Hope this makes sense.  Thanks Everyone.  Gxxx

Hi everyone,

Hey you, that's great, it's still a relief when it's over!  How are you feeling?  Your D

I'm feeling like hot garbage  :-\

Thanks for asking sweet Mary D  :hug:

I'm mouth breathing and I'm stuffy/runny and feel like my head is going to explode with pressure. I'm going to do like my people do over in merry old England, make some tea!

Hi all didn't get away my sister took a turn on Saturday night so she is still in ICU and we are just waiting for the improvement.l am only home for a while to get her night clothes washed and back to the hospital.She has had a better day so far so let's hope it continues.

Twiny no cutting when you aren't well that is a recipe for disaster.Just wanted to drop that in there.l don't have time to catch up with everything and to be honest l haven't the energy.

Love to you all.

Love and hugs Stut X

ok twin no cutting while sick, I hear and obey.

I'm so sorry you didn't get away, had hoped you were on a nice warm beach getting some relaxation time. Hope sis continues to improve, I know it's been slow going :(

Drop in when you can, we miss you so much around here. The group isn't and will never be the same without our Stut X

Love you twin,

LST :smitten: :smitten:

I  keep getting different brands of Nortriptyline from the chemist (see a few posts ago). Now I have written to the doctor and asked her to write "Accord" brand on my Nortriptyline. They have already done that on my Quetiapine, so I can't see a reason why they can't do it. It is ANOTHER change but I'm hoping that once it is changed and I go through the misery of changing yet again, it will stay the same after that.

So I was bed bound mainly because of that, although the situation does make me depressed. Can you tell me what you think? Then I will tell you about tea!

Hi Everyone. Thanks for getting back to me. I have got my Quetiapine sorted at the doctor's so that I always get the same brand. It was more difficult with this Nortriptyline, for a few reasons. The doctor can only prescribe one of three brands. The ones I've had recently have just been any old generic brand, including the one that I usually have. I could definitely ask the doctor to prescribe me one of the three brands they can prescribe (the ones listed in the doctor's book) but that would be another change.

I think that Cant has been through this bedbound stuff because he was polydrugged like me. It really takes it out on you. I could definitely talk to Cant about it and I've sent him a pm. I'm not sure how well he is at the moment.

Hope this makes sense.  Thanks Everyone.  Gxxx

I think he's in pretty bad shape, but you know Can't, as soon as he is able at all, he will get back to you.  Love you  🇬🇧 GB.  Sorry that happened, damn drug companies.  Mary 🐱🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾☮️💜🙏☮️💜🙏

And still mouth breathing and feeling really sick but no fever, just stuffy/runny nose.. Anyone have any natural remedies they use for the common cold?

My husband is a true believer in zinc, he starts taking it at first signs and sucks it til cold is gone.  He swears it cuts 2 or 3 days off it.    D

[29...]