Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Help, Positive vibes needed, no longer believe I will recover.

[le...]

Hi leann, I just wondered why you were put on zop in the first place? Did you have depressive thoughts at that time or do you think the zop has caused them?

No only had insomnia. Never had any depression or anxiety on zopiclone was absolutely fine on it .Being made to CT it caused all symptoms I believe.

Hi Leann - I was listening to this podcast (link below) and towards the end of it the Dr. being interviewed discusses a few new learnings about COVID and long COVID.  He is a research MD and has been on the cutting edge of therapies being studied for COVID.  In a nutshell they have found that COVID causes widespread inflammation and he suggests that anyone who has it would benefit from a moderately high dose of an anti-inflammatory such as Advil (ibuprofen) for a period of time.  Also they are thinking that long COVID is due to the virus settling into our immune system and not being totally eradicated, and therefore suggests a course of a therapeutic anti-viral (he mentioned one - I can't remember the name...)

Separately I have heard how depression can be linked with brain inflammation - so this all makes sense.

The podcast was fascinating in and of itself as it discusses food as medicine, and how various foods will help various illnesses.

Maybe have a listen?  Hope you feel better soon  :smitten:

https://shows.acast.com/the-doctors-farmacy/episodes/how-to-use-food-as-medicine-with-dr-william-li

Thanks going to bed shortly but will listen to it tomorrow. Sadly can’t take ibuprofen sets off my ibs affects my stomach, The inflammation makes sense, had dreadful sinus pain when had covid. I read  20% of people suffer mental symptoms afterwards. My husband been quite depressed as well. Have put on bit weight through withdrawal , so going try the 5 - 2 diet, where you eat only 800 calories couple days week. See if that makes any difference!

Yes Leann that is a form of intermittent fasting and it is definitely supposed to lower inflammation!

I do 12 hours fasting each day - it isn't really as intense as you are supposed to do but when I increase it to 14 hours I get more symptoms.  On the plus side I really turned a corner when I started IF.

Have a good night!!

I noticed mostly mental issues going on this thread as the main symptom. Intrusive thoughts have been one of the most stubborn in my ordeal.  I do have some physical issues as blurred vision, tinnitus (pulsatile), and chest tightness. If there is a common denominator here I would say that anxiety is the main culprit in all this. I think is the big thing to fight against. I had to reinstate and started to taper again and while I was on the drug all the symptoms lessened and probably because the anxiety was more controlled while on it. So what happens when we are out of the drug? well, anxiety goes amok and brings all kind of physical and mental reactions. So there is not other way to overcome this anxiety unless we help our body and mind somehow to control it . Neuroplasticity sited in here means mainly distraction learn new things attitude change, less stress etc. For the Physical body we already know, eat well, exercise sleep hygiene. Most of us here at BB know all this, the issue is that we have to force ourselves to do it as if our life depend of it. And guess what, it probably does!     

Force it! Make it happen; every day without fail. Get your blood checked (full panel including thyroid and hormone markers), get your allergies and intolerances sorted out, no drugs (psychedelics aside - but I don't condone this or recommend this), no alcohol, eat well / diet / no sugar, no caffeine, no dairy, no white bread / pasta or gluten if it's a problem for you, no packaged food, whole foods only, supplement basic vitamins as needed, water only, exercise daily (crawl around if you have to), read / stimulate the brain for as long as you can manage, go outside every day if you can, work from home if you can, don't lie in bed, get up at the same time every day, shower, lay on the couch or the floor or outside if it's nice... but stay out of your bed.

Make a routine schedule to be followed every day. Add stuff as you feel better. You're going to make ground and you're going to lose ground... this is a war you're fighting and it's the toughest thing many people here will face in their entire lives. You are all warriors and much stronger than you think you are. This protracted withdrawal makes you feel weak - you are not. You will make it through; however long it takes... just like those who came before you.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=256943.0

Bloods all OK. Go on the treadmill every day and go for a walk every day. Can’t tolerate supplements. I have ibs but control it by diet. Get bad hay fever but can’t do much about that. Do eat pretty healthily, have put on half stone so going to do a diet where only eat 800 calories a day twice week. Because haven’t felt like eating some days snacked on sandwiches and rolls probably why put on weight. The Covid has definitely ramped up symptoms. Sometimes think taking drugs intermittently you end up with symptoms lasting longer, as couple others seem experienced that