Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

roadbump in taper, has anyone kept working full-time during their taper

I'll check it out, Tony. I've already started a blog on my personal site to chronicle all of this but it's still tiny. I could port it over.

- Leia

That would be interesting. :thumbsup:

T

How long would anybody suggest that I stay at 3.5mg since my roadbump.  Would you go down by .25mg per week if able.  I think Colin has been extra busy or he probably would have responded.  Thanks everybody.  SC

Hi SC:

I found many times during my taper that consistent cuts worked better for me than holding.  I know other people feel differently.  Often times in taking the cut I found the relief my body was looking for.

juleswife

My experience was that when I went into full on withdrawal and it was unbearable, it was good to stabilize even up to a month. Its' distressing to do that because one starts thinking "What if I have to do this over and over?" But I only had to do that one time, and it's been clear sailing ever since. Yes, I've had w/d s/x but they haven't been bad. I just hope I'm not jinxing myself with all this positive talk.  :thumbsup:

Tony

How long would anybody suggest that I stay at 3.5mg since my roadbump.  Would you go down by .25mg per week if able.  I think Colin has been extra busy or he probably would have responded.  Thanks everybody.  SC

SC, you need to just play it by ear. You don't want to hold too long, but you don't want to rush it either. Give it at least a week, and then if you feel ok, go ahead and make your next cut. You can't really wait til you feel perfect, as you might not feel that. But just as long as you are feeling somewhat stable and functional.

Yes, .25mg per week sounds reasonable. It it feels too fast, slow to 10 days. But 2 to 3 days was definitely way too fast! :o

Hi SC,

I sent you a PM earlier today.

You didn't indicate a specific thread or question. The reality is that I am not as familiar with most members' tapers as I'd like. Please, as a specific question and I'll try to respond. In the main though, I probably have little to add over the rest of those that respond, but I will try.