Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Water Retention

[ya...]

Does anyone else have a ton of water retention and have trouble peeing? Any advice?

I'm carrying an extra 13-15lbs of water from my waist down. It looks like I have crazy cellulite all over my legs from all the water in my body. I've tried acupuncture, water pills, lymph massages, fasting...but nothing has been helping. I am not overweight, and I'm on my feet for 8+ hours a day & walking 2-5 miles/day for my job. There are lots of times I try to pee during the day, but nothing comes out (it doesn't hurt or anything). I feel like every cup of water I drink stays in my body and doesn't come out.

• Sad 1

• 8 months later...
Did this improve for you at all? I have something similar and it’s very distressing. I just need to know if it got better or if you figured out what it was. Thanks

Can you tell me what other symptoms you have with the edema? Do you feel constantly dehydrated too? Do you have darker urine? Is it pitting edema or trapped mostly in your abdomen making your belly big? Do you have fatigue and blurry vision and demented type feeling? Leg pain, foot pain? I don’t know if what I have is benzo wd or not because not many people seem to have this? Do you have a lot of weight gain with the edem? Thanks

Good lord you described everything I have!  My hands , feet and abdomen seem to be swollen.  Mornings my hands are worse.  I am suffering from fatigue, blurry vision etc.  I have pain off and on in my neck and arms mostly.  My urine is also dark off and on, but struggling more with it now.  Oddly enough I have times when I am urinating constantly, other times it seems like I have to make myself go.  I have no idea what is going on.

I also am suffering digestive issues and weakness in my arms…

I have not figured it out…

• 6 months later...

I also have a lot of water retention - 26 lbs (10-12kg). :'( I'm 18 month (1,5 years) already

Didn't help:

horsetail (-0.5 lbs per month)

herbal diuretic complex

drain effect

furosemide, torasemide

spironolactone

chamomile tea

diets (don't eat flour per 7 years already) - eat only vegetables, sometimes natural meat  without fat, all cook by myself, don't buy prepared food

Baths with sea salt and Epsom salt

I did all labs - they are ok. Just cholesterol although I'm on a diet - 6,19 - high. I think it's link with quetiapin - I lower it again and then I'll make cholesterol labs again.

My cortisol in saliva at 6 АМ - is LOW! 0.5 nanogram/milliliter, the norm is 1.2 minimum.

IMO this is due to the fact that during attacks of fear (wave) it's so high that then falls very low and I lie in apathy.

This is definitely not quetiapine, because I took it for 9 years and was dry (I have Bipolar Disorder)

keep fighting

Good lord you described everything I have!  My hands , feet and abdomen seem to be swollen.  Mornings my hands are worse.  I am suffering from fatigue, blurry vision etc.  I have pain off and on in my neck and arms mostly.  My urine is also dark off and on, but struggling more with it now.  Oddly enough I have times when I am urinating constantly, other times it seems like I have to make myself go.  I have no idea what is going on.

I also am suffering digestive issues and weakness in my arms…

I have not figured it out…

I also have dark urine sometimes, but in labs it's completely healthy ) The doctors checked it.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Jo...]
    • [Mt...]
    • [ra...]
    • [2c...]
    • [an...]
    • [bi...]
    • [...]
    • [Re...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Gr...]
    • [El...]