Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Is "Take as needed" a bad thing to do?

I think taking a benzo "as needed" could be a very big problem for someone who's experienced addiction to benzos (craving, drug seeking behavior, etc.). The same premise applies to saying it's OK for an alcoholic have an occasional drink.

If you're not an addict then I think it's a personal decision to use prn. There is an obvious risk of triggering withdrawal symptoms but If the dose is truly once in a blue moon then I can't see it being devastating to someones progress but that's a risk many are probably not willing to take.

[34...]

Hi Skippy:

That would be a really BAD idea.  Unfortunately, that approach turns the healing process upside down.  It's best to stay the course steadfastly.......

Draftsman

I agree with this 100%. My script actually said "take as needed." I unknowingly was in w/d for 4 months....it's been horrible. Thankfully when I found BB I stabilized and slowly tapered. It's been night and day.