Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Bromazepam, Alprazolam and Clonazepam, my history.

[...]

Hi how are things?. I'm currently using Google Translator, because I'm from Argentina and I speak Spanish, sorry if you can't understand it.

My history with benzodiazepines is a bit long, but I will summarize it.

I was undergoing an Acne treatment, with roaccutanne, but I got a side effect, which was intestinal pain and diarrhea. For these gastrointestinal problems I was prescribed "Miopropan T" and Omeprazole 40mg and I took it for about 3 months, 2 pills.

"Miopropan T" had 200mg of Trimebutine and 1.5mg of Bromazepam.

I finished my roaccutane treatment and at the same time, I stopped taking "Miopropan T". After taking these medications, I was totally fine for a month and then the problems started.

I got insomnia, muscle spasms, a lot of perspiration, I felt very hot, I had diarrhea and intestinal pain when sleeping, my eyes turned a little red, and I started to get acne from the anguish and stress, but it was mild.

I went to the doctor to tell him how I felt and they told me it was my nerves, but this never happened to me in my life, and then I have been having a very bad time since then, at this time I did not know what withdrawal from benzodiazepines was, nor they told me.

Then I was prescribed "Miopropan T" and Omeprazole again to solve the diarrhea, but this time for shorter periods and there was no solution.

I was like this for a long time, the doctors to solve my instinctual problems prescribed me Miopropan T, which had bromazepam, until in November 2020 my diarrhea started to go away, but I continued with muscle spasms, insomnia, I was still anguished by this situation.

Then I went to a psychiatrist to treat insomnia in January 2021, and he prescribed Clonazepam 0.5mg and to raise it to 2mg if necessary and that I had to lower it later.

If it made me sleep but it was not enough, then I reduced it and left it, and then 2 weeks passed, I took it again but at the same time exercising but I had a solution.

As I saw that it did not solve all this, I went to a doctor friend and he prescribed Alprazolam 0.5mg, I took it only 5 days and left it, because I realized that the problem was that I was taking so many benzodiazepines and the doctors never me they said this drug was really bad for my body.

This is my timeline so more or less have an idea:

JULY 2019 - SEPT 2019 [bROMAZEPAM (myopropan T + Omeprazole + roaccutanne]

NOV 2019 [sYMPTOMS]

APRIL 2020 [bROMAZEPAM (myopropan T + Omeprazole]

MAY 2020 [bROMAZEPAM BACK (Miopropan T + Omeprazole])

SEP 2020 [bROMAZEPAM BACK (eumotil T + Omeprazole])

NOV 2020 [LEAVE MEDICATIONS FOR INTESTINAL PROBLEMS]

2021:

05.01.2021 - 25.01.2021 CLONAZEPAM (21 days)

03.03.2021 - 03.16.2021 (approximately) CLONAZEPAM (14 days)

12.04.2021 - 16.04.2021 ALPRAZOLAM (5 days)

Eumotil T and Miopropan T are the same.

I do not know the exact dates of my treatments, but those of clonazepam and alprazolam are those.

Stop taking them, I have not taken them for 9 weeks and rest assured knowing that this is temporary, I have almost no muscle spasms, I am not hotter, nor do I sweat much, I am very calm, I only have insomnia, but according to what I read, it returns to normal.

I think I am on benzodiazepine withdrawal, but I hope I can recover, I am currently 20 years old.

I also took a second generation antihistamine for the itching I had, and took 2 antibiotics for acne, in that period of time, but they were very short and I don't think I had any problems.

I just have insomnia, I can sleep 3 hours in a row and then I wake up, some time passes and I go back to sleep, then I wake up and so on.

I'm not exercising hahahaha, I don't feel like it.

But hey, if someone could give me some help, or can tell me more or less when this ends, or what I can have, I would appreciate it very much.

- GP23

[9c...]

Hello GP23, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

We are glad you are here!  I want to be sure I understand but I think you have been off all benzos for 9 weeks?    Congrats to you!!  It is good to hear that you are not having much in terms of withdrawl symptoms.  Short-term benzo users sometimes heal faster than those who have been using them longer.

You can reach out for support on the post-withdrawl recover board which is intended for people who have finished their taper:

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

The sleep issue can take a while to correct itself, at least mine did.  For insomnia support and information, you can connect here:

Insomnia

Look around as we have lots of helpful content here.  Let us know how we can help.

Again, welcome,

Kate

We are glad you are here!  I want to be sure I understand but I think you have been off all benzos for 9 weeks?    Congrats to you!!  It is good to hear that you are not having much in terms of withdrawl symptoms.  Short-term benzo users sometimes heal faster than those who have been using them longer.

You can reach out for support on the post-withdrawl recover board which is intended for people who have finished their taper:

The sleep issue can take a while to correct itself, at least mine did.  For insomnia support and information, you can connect here:

Insomnia

Look around as we have lots of helpful content here.  Let us know how we can help.

Again, welcome,

Kate

Thanks for the welcome, but I will only respond to my posts, and I will make my last post when I feel fully recovered.

This Friday I will be 10 weeks old !! I'm fine, I have faith that time is the only solution.

I took benzodiazepines many times without realizing it, and relapsed, relapsed, relapsed without realizing it.

They were not high doses, and not so long, but each body is different.

I hope my brain recovers quickly!

[9c...]

Insomnia

Again, welcome,

Kate

Thanks for the welcome, but I will only respond to my posts, and I will make my last post when I feel fully recovered.

This Friday I will be 10 weeks old !! I'm fine, I have faith that time is the only solution.

I took benzodiazepines many times without realizing it, and relapsed, relapsed, relapsed without realizing it.

They were not high doses, and not so long, but each body is different.

I hope my brain recovers quickly!

I'll hope for a quick recovery for you also GP23!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Mo...]
    • [...]
    • [Le...]
    • [jo...]
    • [Sc...]
    • [...]
    • [He...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [Ho...]
    • [Ar...]
    • [...]