Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Klonopin taper?

[...]

Yeah, Jen, still need support, but want others to have more. Feel gulty that I might be diverting some efforts from them. 

I admit it, I leave my computer and immediately upon coming back I go to Benzobuddies. Yesterday in church, during prayer time I was feeling,  God is always there to help..and then,  boom, out of the blue...I also thought of benzobuddies...even saw the green screen in my mind. Amazing the impact you guys make on people. If I ever get over this I would like to somehow become a moderator or something so that I can give back. Also, jsut to be part of such a great group.

What a bunch of great souls...

Nothing really much I can do except try to survive till see doctor with .5 mg klons. Having 2mg pills not manageable. Will just stay like this and then try. THEN I WILL REALLY NEED YOU GUYS BIGTIME BECAUSE I SUFFER A LOT WHEN WITHDRAWING. Have found this out this last week just playing with .5 and .75.

But, with you guys, I actually think I have a chance now.

INB

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [TP...]

• [Co...]

• [si...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I KNOW you have a chance INB.  If you could be a teacher for 30 years...YOU CAN DO ANYTHING!!  LOL

Hugs,

Jen

But, with you guys, I actually think I have a chance now.

INB

Yes you do INB! That's how I felt after so many years of suffering on klonopin. When I joined BenzoBuddies I felt there was hope for me. Now I am just moving very slowly towards the goal knowing there is a great group of very supportive people.  :yippee:

Yeah, Jen, still need support, but want others to have more. Feel gulty that I might be diverting some efforts from them.

Hey INB you aren't taking anything away from anybody. That's what we're here for and it makes us feel fulfilled!. Please don't get down on yourself. I for one enjoy helping out. I'm not working so what do I have better to do? Please do not feel guilty. OK? :thumbsup:

i may have made it without this group - but i think i would of been in a mental institution.

Been there...done that...not recommended  .....sssshhhhhhhhhh............come a little closer I got a secret to tell ya........

THERE'S [glow=red,2,300]CRAZY[/glow] PEOPLE IN THERE!!  LOL

Jen

Been there...done that...not recommended   .....sssshhhhhhhhhh............come a little closer I got a secret to tell ya........

THERE'S [glow=red,2,300]CRAZY[/glow] PEOPLE IN THERE!!  LOL

Jen

ROFL!!!! I was there, so it must be true.

http://www.freedominmessiah.com/CryingDog.gif

T

See, I went away for 15 minutes, wrote some emails, and just had to check back in. Sure enuf, thee were some messages from some "buddies".

I am not only addicted to klonopin, but to this board...but that is one I don't want  to taper.

hehehe,, :thumbsup:

INB

See, I went away for 15 minutes, wrote some emails, and just had to check back in. Sure enuf, thee were some messages from some "buddies".

I am not only addicted to klonopin, but to this board...but that is one I don't want  to taper.

hehehe,, :thumbsup:

INB

Stick around my friend. We all love you. http://www.freedominmessiah.com/happy%20little%20guy.gif

T

I can safely say, "I love you too." How could anyone not?

You really know who friends are when they stick around when you are down. All you have to do is tell an old friend that you are depressed and he/she will scatter like flies. But the opposite is true here...period. If you are down, people fight for the chance to help you up. How lucky can a guy get in finding such people.

I'll tell you, finding this board has actually been one of the most unbelievable things of my life. I just never dreamed of such a place...these are actual tried and true friends.

Now stop writing me everybody, so you have more time to read new people's messages...but, sneak sneak, I won't be able to resist checking in about a half an hour andyway.

:smitten:

Hi INB,

Bless your soul.....you have been a teacher for 30 years.....I know why you are benzos now! :laugh:  My husband has been teaching high school for 40 years and might retire in June.  It takes a STRONG person to teach.  Lord knows I could never do it.  I can c/t benzos but I can't teach. :laugh:  That in one tough job!

We have an unwritten rule here.  You can't leave the forum until you have successfully tapered all your meds and are feeling like you can conquer the world. It's the rule.  Teachers know the golden rule. :2funny:

There are plenty of people to go around here.  If you leave you are denying us the opportunity to help you and then we would feel like we have failed.  How's that for a guilt trip? :laugh:

So just hang around .....you will keep us company

Ts

Okay, Okay, will stick around. Thanks, dear friends. :yippee:

Changed color of HomeBase menu at classicalmusicproject.com...look okay?

INB

My dear friends,

Lasted one day without you guys, and had to come back.

Am at .75 for second day, and feel nervous inside. Didn't work out at gym this morning with Fanny. That was a mistake I think. I seem to feel better both physically and mentally the whole day if we work out first thing in morning. Do others feel this also? I will be able to judge tommorrow after working out how well I am doing on the .75...a .25 taper in one day. I have a feeling that Colin is right and it was too big a jump. I really don't see for the life of me how anyone could done a cold turkey taper down to zero...though this is what psych doctor had me do from dosage of 4mg. Why do these guys not know about this? Isn't this their specialty? 

Today received a Book called How to Get Off Psychiatric Drugs Safely by Jim Harper. I ordered it a couple of weeks ago before I found this board. http://www.theroadback.org/

It says it's possible to taper off klonopin with little or no withdrawal if you take certain supplements. These cost 150 dollars a month by the way. These supplements are basically omega 3 oils, barley shoots (I think) and some kind of powder made of tart cherries. http://www.globaldnasolutions.com/ Hmm...sounds phony, but don't know.  Any of you buddied here try this program? It's very elaborate and thought-out like TrueHope...something I am currently trying also. I find that the capsules from that program make me worse.

Just wondering...is my body repairing gaba receptors now while I have tapered .25mg to .75 or does healing only take place only AFTER all klonopin gone? Feel pretty lousy right now. Breathing shallow. Hands shaking.

I guess I need to get my own blog if I am going to just things like this...right.

INB

don't know if it works i am financially limited i know one of our moderators bluemoth tried some of it and found some of it worked.

many people chose high quality protein to rebuild gaba receptors - it is the gaba receptors that are the challenge - we need to repair them.

some people eat protein rich diets.

and yep - time to start a blog where we can come and visit you - that is where a lot of sharing and fun takes place.

Took  a small fragment and that brings me up to about 1 mg of Klon today. all of a sudden feel well.

Could it be like doctor says, "Your body needs this medicine?"

Your body needs this medicine like a junkie needs heroin.  Your body is dependent on the benzo. If you take more and more every time your body cries out for it, pretty soon your dosage will be in the stratosphere and getting off will be that much harder.  In other words, you fed the monster and it's happy for the time being.

But soon 1 mg won't quell the monster and you'll have to go up again. And again. And again. That's the problem with benzos. They're only supposed to be prescribed for two weeks or less. After that the dependency sets in and it takes more and more to feel normal. Eventually you won't ever feel normal and you'll have to taper off anyway.  No fun.

Sorry to be a gloomy Gus here.

rufus

I started out on .5 klonopin a day--ended up on 6mg a day.  The story is always the same, "you need this, that's why you feel better. you have a chemical imbalance."  Biggest lie in the world.

You are just putting off the misery, there will be a day when you are so sick on the meds that no amount of increase will make you feel better.  I know this is true.  I have been there.

I had a shrink tell me that I need this drug and it's OK to take it for the rest of my life.  I should sue her!! :tickedoff:  In my fragile state...she managed to convince me I had "panic disorder" and needed Xanax like a diabetic needed insulin. Even if I did have "panic disorder", which I don't, continuing to take it was no longer an option for me.  I ran smack dab in the middle of a brick wall and the drug that I thought was helping me...did more damage than any "panic attack" ever did.  Doctors should really be held accountable more often!!  They pass this stuff out like candy...and perhaps it did seem to help with the immediate problem...but what they did to me was far scarier and worse than my original anxiety ever was!!

Love,

Jen

i was prescribed 4 mg a day originally - got down to 2 mg - i never knew i needed or wanted more - i just thought i was crazy - didn't have a clue i was going thru inter dose withdrawals.

my ignorance kept me from up dosing.  when i went from 4 mg to 2 mg i had no idea i was suffering from withdrawals - i just thought i was nuts.

it wasn't until i came here that i discovered just what this drug can do to you.  i have to say i am much more stable now and no longer believe i am mentally ill - even my doctors are perplexed at how stable i am - some think i am just in between manic episodes and some think i was never mentally ill, given how i am now and have been since i am no longer on benzo's.

sometimes truth is stranger then fiction.

See the doctor March 11 and will ask for the .5 mg klons. I think I am going to get that "Road Back " program. The one with all the supplements, so that I don't suffer so much. I have had enuf suffering. If it were only just Fanny and I, I could do it...but having to fake it all the time for kids is just too much. I find myself losing temper....then feel bad about this.

Thanks for the reality check. An calling to those supplements now.

When I start this program, I will blogg it because maybe there is something to it.

INB

Wrong..... supplements are $217 a month not 150. Phew. Will keep everyone posted as to how they work. Will get these in 5 days, about the time I get .5 from Doc. The Road Back book says you need to pretaper first. Will read about this in book, and share info. Am going to follow that for awhile and then taper.

Yours truly,

INB

Feeling extremely nervous. This will be the final test for me. Am taking a fragment of klonopin now, trying to make me come back up to 1 mg that I was at. If I lose this nervousnes, then I know for sure, it was too big a taper. And I will know for sure that it is klonopin that is ruling my life. Am going to do that now.

INB

Feeling extremely nervous. This will be the final test for me. Am taking a fragment of klonopin now, trying to make me come back up to 1 mg that I was at. If I lose this nervousnes, then I know for sure, it was too big a taper. And I will know for sure that it is klonopin that is ruling my life. Am going to do that now.

INB

maybe you are feeling anxious cause of the cost of the program to help.  i know i am real anxious right now cause i have to balence my check bookl.

Yeah, Silver, this curse sure costs alot...in money, relationships, suffering itself. Sure wish the doctors could be made to have this just for awhile. My doctor literally has ruined my life...just because of inexcusable ignorance.

Finally little chip of klonopin didn't make me feel better. Was hoping it would.

INB

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [...]
    • [...]
    • [Bl...]
    • [Do...]
    • [mo...]
    • [Li...]
    • [An...]
    • [je...]
    • [My...]
    • [El...]