Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Titrating Valium?

[Ja...]

OK,

I'll do this tomorrow. Your plan will give you cuts equivalent to 0.5mg cuts of Valium. If ever you feel these cuts are too large, we can recaluculate this for you, but you will need 100ml cylinder. Most people can manage 0.5mg cuts though.

Hi,

Looking through this thread, I'm not 100% sure of where we are at with this. However, I'll post a titration schedule based upon what I think has been agreed.

Did you manage to get hold of a 100ml cylinder?

I've produced a schedule for you to start on the 4th March. If this date is inconvenient, let me know and I will post a new one. I've based it upon a taper rate of 10% every 14 days, translated to a daily titration rate.

Simply powder one 10mg tablet of Valium and add this to 100ml of milk in your measuring cylinder. Simply consume the amount of liquid from the 100ml indicated by the schedule. Let me know if ever you need the schedule tweaking.

Edit:

Oops, I fogot the link to your schedule: http://www.benzobuddies.org/spreadsheets/tt-jarocho2003-2008-03-01.html

Place the following in your signature:

[url=http://www.benzobuddies.org/spreadsheets/tt-jarocho2003-2008-03-01.html]My Titration Schedule[/url].

It will display like this:

My Titration Schedule.

Colin,

I'm not stable or even ready to cut yet, but miracles do happen because I was able to find a glass 100ml cylinder...almost left the store because one of the dudes in charge told me they didn't have it...thankfully the owner got what I was looking for and too it out of the box and bingo! 

Now, how am I suppose to use the cylinder to mix the tablet inside of it so it's evenly distributed...sorry, it should be a no brainer, but can someone please post a link to instructions or their own instructions on how they use the cylinder to mix the tablet.

Gracias,

Jarocho

Hi,

The instructions are pinned to the top of this board! ;)

They might appear quite complicated, but it boils down to this: you take one of your daily pills (in your case, you only use one pill per day anyway), and grind it into a fine powder using a pestle and mortar. Add a little milk, and grind the milk and powder some more. Pour this into the cylinder, rinse out mortar with a little more milk and again add this to the cylinder. Top up the cylinder to 100ml, mix, and then consume the amount of liquid indicated by your schedule; 87ml on day1 for you. I'll check back later with you.

Hi Colin,

I couldn't hold it any longer so I updose slightly to 9mg.  I've done this the last three days and can't say I'm great but at least I'm getting bigger windows.

Is this the right cylinder:

http://www.bourne.k12.ma.us/Class%20Links/Smith/Smith/images/graduated%20cylinder.jpg

This is what I got and it looks like it's going to be tough to stir the contents, so any another way you can think of getting an even distribution within in it? I thought of "shaking" the contents, but not sure that will work as well as stiring...this should not be complicated, but you know it's tough when you're mind is clouded.

Thanks!

Jarocho

Hi,

Well, a 'stirring rod' is what a chemist would use (simply, a glass rod), but a cocktail spoon, or a knife or the handle of a spoon from your cutlery draw should be narrow enough. Make sure the pill is ground up as fine as possible. The benzo powder appears to bind to the fat in full-fat homogenised milk, thus ensuring much more even distribution of of the powder within the liquid.

...the handle of a spoon from your cutlery draw should be narrow enough.

England: Cutlery = American: Silverware.  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Make sure the pill is ground up as fine as possible.

Jarocho is lucky he has genuine Valium rather than generic Diazepam. I understand it's a lot purer and should therefore mix better ... there's less of that chalky residue.

T

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it looks like the last 4 days have been as stable as I'm going to get with mainly large windows and some sx around 3pm that tend to last up to 3-4 hours, but then all tolerable.

Making a cut today of only .5mg which is a lot less than the cuts I used to do before.

The stragery is to make cuts on Thursday since w/d sx tend to hit me on the 2-3 day the worst, which means I can have them on a weekend w/o the extra of having to do work at the same time.

Jarocho

The stragery is to make cuts on Thursday since w/d sx tend to hit me on the 2-3 day the worst, which means I can have them on a weekend w/o the extra of having to do work at the same time.

Jarocho

That sounds like an excellent idea! :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Colin,

Can you please redo my tapering schedule to 10% every 14 days starting from 10mg Valium. I will be using 10mg tabs all of the way and using 100ml cylinder.

Thank you!

Jarocho

OK.

I need a start date. I assume the cylinder is marked at 1ml increments?

Start date May 6, 2008 (yes the cylinder has 1ml increments)

Thanks!

Jarocho

Hi Jarocho,

You didn't state your dose, but I thnk you are at 10mg (1 tablet) per day.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/spreadsheets/tt-jarocho2003-2008-05-06.html

Place the following in your signature:

[url=http://www.benzobuddies.org/spreadsheets/tt-jarocho2003-2008-05-06.html]My Titration Schedule[/url].

The taper rate is identical to your your last schedule.

• 8 years later...
I need help in getting a schedule for tritration.  I am presently on 1.5mg of Clonazepam a day.  I take 1mg at bedtime and .05mg in the morning.  I use a .05 pill for the morning and I cut a (2mg pill in half for the evening).  I am really afraid and want to start at 1ml a day in reduction.  I have a 100ml cylinder and a mortar and pastel plus a 60ml syringe.  Please advise and send me a starting schedule.  Thanks so much