Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Benzo Belly and face swelling?

[Nm...]

I am basically in my 3rd month Benzo free and my Benzo belly is so bad. Distended, can’t breath because of the bloat etc. I look 6 months pregnant at least! it’s really horrible. Besides the insomnia, this is my worst symptom. At least 5 days a week. But I’ve noticed when my belly swells, my face swells! I am a marathon runner, and train a lot through out the week but it makes my belly worse. And  when my face and belly swell, I gain 5-7 lbs. but when it goes down, I go back to my regular weight. It’s so strange. My husband and I have been taking pictures of the differences and it’s so odd. I haven’t read this anywhere. Anyone else have swelling of the face? And how long does this belly last? Do you think running is making it worse?

• Like 1

I’m sorry you’re experiencing this. Huge weight gain in my abdomen was my first symptom in tolerance withdrawal after my 4th or 5th year on the drug. It was so drastic. I’ve always been small in the 120’s and 130’s for weight and I’m 5’4”. It was so huge, it’s like I was pregnant and I gained huge purple stretch marks. At the worst I was almost 170 lbs!  After coming off I’ve lost most of it and am now about 140 lbs. I still get the bloating in the stomach and face. I’m going to get tested for Cushing’s disease but I’ve seen his withdrawal can cause all of these symptoms as well.

For me it is overproduction + storage of histamine serum that causes this.  Production in stomach causes some of the belly bloating and storage around head/neck/shoulders/face is the swelling with occasional lump or bump manifesting.  Benzo induced histamine intolerance seems pretty common.

I'm so sorry you're feeling bad. I recognize all the symptoms. My face was yellow-green, and I didn’t recognize myself. But face swelling has disappeared.  :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [ro...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [...]
    • [Po...]
    • [fr...]
    • [El...]
    • [Gr...]
    • [...]
    • [Mt...]
    • [...]
    • [ra...]