Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Is anyone willing to admit they watch American Idol? A thread for fans :)

[le...]

Hi Buddies,

There is very little right now that I do in terms of "enjoyment", but one thing that is kind of a "highlight" for me each week is sitting with my husband and watching "American Idol".  We don't like it so much until the show gets serious and the field begins to narrow down... and then we very much enjoy watching the contestants as they work with professionals who help them develop their talents.

I just thought I would "test the waters" to see if there are any buddies who watch, as I thought it would be fun to share our thoughts about each week's show.

I am waiting for my husband to come home now to watch the recorded show (I already watched it), as it contained such huge surprises and drama tonight!  I can't wait to see his response to tonight's results show.

(Am I the only one????)

~Leena :smitten:

Hi Leena,

I have watched most of the shows....and they are a talented group of young people.  Right now, I am rooting for Pia (think that is her name), and the rock singer.  We enjoyed the show tonight.  Ryan shook things up, didn't he ?  It was a surprise when Hulk Hogan made the appearance.  :laugh:

Sunny girl :)

Hi Sunny Girl!

I am so glad to have an "Idol" buddy!

Yes...I just sat my husband down (and made my oldest son sit down as well) to fast forward (the only way my son would watch it) through the results show!  It was so surprising tonight, as my husband and I have been pulling for Kasey, and James (the rock singer).  Since I had already watched the show, it was interesting to observe the responses of both my son and husband on each of the points of "surprise"! My son really loved the Hulk Hogan appearance :laugh: and I thought that was such a nice surprise for the rock singer (James)!  And of course, the shock at seeing Kasey voted to go home...and then immediately reinstated...and THEN (my favorite part!!!...) when Kasey went and hugged his crying mama and told her he loved her. :'( :'( :'(  I am such mush when it comes to mamas and their sons.

Thank you Sunnyfor sharing this fun with me!

Hey Leena,

That was a shock !  I told my husband that the judges would save Kasey.  Wonder how Kasey was voted to go home ?  There is no way that he deserved to leave, and the judges knew this.  Yes, that was very special when he hugged his mother, then hugging everybody else.  :) Did you notice how much he was shaking ?  Bless his heart.

I think the judges are doing a great job....and the show is better this year.

Sunny girl singing like an "Idol" buddy.  :laugh:

[2c...]

I don't watch.. a lot of TV.

I do occasionally watch shows and News, along with other things.. my mother watches American Idol tho.

She tells me about it, oh not to mention.. I watch House MD of course.

KyleXY, Skins, Will & Grace, Frasier.. so on.. BUT I really don't watch a lot of TV like I once did back in the day..

So many channels, so little to watch.

Keryn.

I will admit that I watch Idol 8) I watch it with my girlfriend but she's half interested so I end up watching it by myself sometimes. I had to stop reading comments because I havent watched the results show yet lol! Thank god for DVR  ;D. This year is good but I don't feel there's anyone really unique this year except Paul Mcdonald, whom I'm probably going for. I like Casey then James, then scotty prob. I usually go for the rock singers first. James is like a lite version of Adam Lambert, who I liked until he went super super SUPER gay...not that I'm against gays in any way but just when one throws it over the top just to say "I'm gay" I don't care for...anyways that's off topic lol..looking forward to watching the results today. 

Hello American Idol buddies....

What did you think about tonight's show? There are hardly any Elton John songs that I don't like, so this was a very enjoyable show for me.  It is getting harder and harder to narrow down the field, but the performers I would choose to leave after tonight's show are Paul and Thia. 

I have been very impressed this year with the judges and feel that their comments are so much more helpful and constructive than those of judges in the past.  I really love watching everyone get better and better!

My favorites at this point...James, Casey, Jacob, Stefano, Naima, Haley, and Pia.  :D

My favorites are Pia, James, Casey.  Thia or Paul will probably go, after tonight.  Thia has a nice voice but the audience seems to prefer Paul.

I think the judges are doing a great job, and I am really enjoying the show.

Sunny girl

******SPOILER ALERT******* :)

OK...Well, the two contestants I had thought might be in the bottom three actually were (Paul and Thia), but I was very sad to see Naima be the third one in the bottom three.  I have really been pulling for her, because of her story and I also love how she is just so "free"!  I was hoping that it would be Paul that was voted off, but I guess his grin is just too much for the young ladies???

However, I think that Naima has probably had lots of agents looking at her, and I think she will go on to have a wonderful musical career.

(I actually voted last night...about 50 times for Stefano because I was afraid he might be in the bottom three and I was not ready to see him go.  Ahhh, I really love this diversion ;) )

~Leena

What was all the hoop-di-doo about James and the Pepsi comment ?  I was watching and I didn't hear anything offensive. 

I think Pia and James will be in the finale.  Paul should be the next voted off, in my opinion.  He trys hard to sound like Rod Stewart, but ?????   

Leena, they all seem like nice young people, and I wish the very best for them.

Sunny girl

Hi Sunny Girl,

I think that comment was referring to a commercial that Michael Jackson was doing for Pepsi...Here is the link:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/3061803/michael_jackson_pepsi_commercial_hair_on_fire/

I agree with you...I think it will come down to Pia and James! What a contrast in their "types" of singing talent!

Thank you for sharing your comments with me!

This is the first season that I have watched of AI since Taylor Hicks won.  Love Scotty McCreery! :)  I think he's the best singer that they have ever had on that show in the 10 years that it has been on.  He reminds me a lot of Josh Turner.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Hockey Gal,

I am sorry that I haven't posted on this thread over the past few weeks!  I am still watching, though my husband forgot to record it tonight!  I am hoping that I can somehow watch the performances online, as I hate to miss any of it.

My favorite, Casey Abrams, got voted off a couple of weeks ago and it really made me sad.  But really, he might be better off not being under Idol's "thumb", in terms of artistic freedom.  I think he is an outstanding talent!

I am surprised, based upon how the season started, that it is down to two guys and two girls.  I never would have thought that the girls could have the same lasting power, since in the beginning all of the guys were stronger. 

I do really like James...each week he seems to get better and he is so eclectic in his vocal skills.

Bottom line, all of the contestants this season (since the top 12 were chosen) have been simply outstanding.  Plus, I am VERY surprised at how much I have liked the judges panel this year.  The criticism, for the most part, has been really helpful and mostly constructive.

Would love to hear what others think!  (Plus...would love to hear what happened tonight!  I am so bummed to have missed it!) It is my weekly "frivolous" pleasure :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Hockey Gal...

I know that you must be happy that your favorite is still in!  That was pretty cool when Scotty was singing back on his home stage, and Josh Turner surprised him.  Though my favorites are gone (Casey and James) I still think the talent of the ones remaining has been amazing. (I liked Haley, by the way.  I think she just took so many hits from Randy that she had to put on a little armor :) )

It is pretty interesting that the two finalists are teenagers and country singers...I never would have thought it would end up this way!

Hi,  watch it every week, something positive to view, great young people who have a passion, with a gift.  Pattylu

I admit I am a fan but I have been pretty disappointed in the voting results.  I think James was the best performer they have had on the show and I thought he would win.  I also liked Haley and believe she should have been in the finale.  Scotty reminds me of Josh Turner and Lauren reminds me of Carrie Underwood.  It would have been nice to see someone original win it this time.  I think the voting should be more controlled so it is more fair.  My favorites are gone so I don't really care who wins now.  They are both very talented.

• 10 months later...
We do and still love the show!  Wonderful hearing young people sing their hearts out.  Some great talent each year.  Thanks for the thread.  Patty

I watch and love Phillip and Colton....I also like the rocker girl I think her name is Elise?  Heck I kinda like em' all!  lol.....It's a great way to not have to think too teribly much and time will pass and I can be normal...if watching Am. Idol is normal?LOL  :laugh: