Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Trigeminal neuralgia ...

[18...]

[18...]
Does it ever go away!? I never had a single headache in my 28 years of living. Then came off of the Valium and I can’t seem to shake it. I came off about 15 months ago but had a few doses About 7 months ago. ( was unaware of my withdrawaling af the time) . I went to so many neuros and ENTS that I could have bought a house on the money I spent trying to understand this facial pain. I’ve been diagnosed with TN occipital neuralgia, every facial head and neck neuralgia you could think of. I just wondered if anyone else had these symptoms that lasted this long. I no longer do anything. I can’t work, I can barely drive. I’m so ready for it to let up! Feeling defeated.  :(

I'm so sorry you're suffering like this.  I had facial neuralgia earlier in my withdrawal but it has faded away.  Everyone's timeline for healing is different.  Many members say they experience significant healing in the second year.  So while you have traveled a long road already you have a lot of healing ahead of you.  And that's something to look forward to with hope.

I hope you're reading Success Stories often. This is so important for infusing us with hope and encouragement.

Wishing you much strength and healing,

Brighterday

[18...]

Thank you! I need to start reading those! I know I’ve come a long way in terms of emotional healing. Physically it is just rough. I don’t wish facial pain on anyone. I thought my bones were crushing for so long. Luckily now it’s just pulling and shocks, which is also painful but I just can’t wait for the day that I feel slightly normal.

Thanks again for the reminder💕

Does it ever go away!? I never had a single headache in my 28 years of living. Then came off of the Valium and I can’t seem to shake it. I came off about 15 months ago but had a few doses About 7 months ago. ( was unaware of my withdrawaling af the time) . I went to so many neuros and ENTS that I could have bought a house on the money I spent trying to understand this facial pain. I’ve been diagnosed with TN occipital neuralgia, every facial head and neck neuralgia you could think of. I just wondered if anyone else had these symptoms that lasted this long. I no longer do anything. I can’t work, I can barely drive. I’m so ready for it to let up! Feeling defeated.  :(

I thought I had this too. It went away

I spent thousands at a Neurologist's office until I literally had a nervous breakdown and said no more. No more doctors, no more pills. The only difference between me prior to going into this clown's office and me coming out 8 months later after every test in the history of tests was I still didn't have a diagnosis and my wallet was about $3000 lighter. It didn't help that his bedside manner was that of a bowl of oatmeal.

So I found benzo buddies. I read so may peoples' accounts of these crazy, face and head-crushing persistent headaches and I knew I'd struck gold. I had never, ever had any headaches like this until I was 4 years into taking Klonopin daily. I diagnosed myself as having inter-dose withdrawal and I was exactly right. My headaches were due to WD that developed from being on the same dose for 4 years.

I was already near the end of my Klonopin taper, and even though the headaches intensified the closer I got to the end of my dose, I knew there was an end in sight, and I was right. I healed completely and the headaches were but a memory.

I'm no doctor but if you took benzos long enough to develop a dependence, I doubt you have TN. The headaches will go away in time. For some it takes a long time, but mine went away a little over 3 months after my last dose of Klonopin. My healing is really rapid relative to many, so please don't judge your timeframe by mine - I'm admittedly very lucky and abnormal.

Krock, you’re so right. We’ve all had so many tests and nothing is ever wrong. I’m glad you’re doing good now <3

[18...]
Sorry this happened to you, too! We did waste so much money. One of my scans did show I had inflammation around the second branch of the nerve. One scan it would be there, then the next it would disappear. I just assumed it was medication induced TN. I was ready to yank my teeth out on the right side. I’m hoping with time it just goes away completely. All the doctors were in shock when I would refuse gabapentin and one other med I can’t remember what it was. But I started to realize what was going on. I hope to be relieved from this pain one day. I’m having a mouth guard made because even a year later my jaw is so tight. Maybe then I’ll get some relief. 🙌🏻 I had to self diagnose too, unfortunately. Nobody believed me when I told them 8 months later I thought it was from the Valium.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [pe...]
    • [wh...]
    • [...]
    • [Gi...]
    • [...]
    • [Re...]
    • [ra...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Es...]
    • [Sp...]
    • [in...]