Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

What are you enjoying during Shelter in Place

[ki...]

Hi!

Curious a to what some of you are doing that brings you joy or occupies your attention in a non stressful way during the shelter in place.

I have been using my InstaPot often. I love making beef short ribs with carrots and potatoes. (i need a larger model though). I have also been cooking sous vide a lot and that has been amazing! Best steak outside expensive steakhouses.

Im currently recovering, but one thing i thoroughly enjoyed when i was a kid was legos. i am going to try and order some of the more challenging adult ones and see how it makes me feel. i am more of a hands on person. i need tangible results to hold on to in order for me to feel effective so building something i think will help with self esteem.

i would love to smoke a brisket but my living situation wont permit.

I've been cooking up a storm.  I have always enjoyed cooking, most of the time.  Because it was cool when the virus hit and those of us in the high risk age group were advised to stay home, I baked bread frequently. Most were successful but I had a couple of 'flops'.

Once the weather got nice, we decided to put in a garden, fruits and vegetables. It's been a plan for years but we never got around to it.

I take lots of walks with the dog.

My granddaughter (who lives here) and I left chalk messages for the neighbors to read when walking by.

Same here, love to cook.  My wife says she doesn’t miss going to restaurants.  Now that the weather is warmer, I have been grilling out. 

We live by a national park, so doing some hiking.  And since I’m right by the park, I get a lot of nice birds that visit my feeders.  The hummingbirds are back and it is fun watching them buzz around.

I’m also working on a huge jigsaw puzzle.  Was using it as a distraction tool after jumping, but now it is just a relaxing activity.

I too have baked bread - i've liked doing bread for some years now.

Walks outside for sure. Just put in a veggie garden  - so glad I have a yard.

I painted a room too.

@[ T...]

@Rshak - do you have a particular item you like to grill? when I had my old grill i loved cooking skewers and steak

@ Trina & Piano - do either of you go so far as to age your yeast or bacteria (not sure i am wording that properly). A buddy of mind has some friends who bake a lot of sourdough and were ranting and raving about their yeast. I dont bake so i dont have the faintest idea of that process.

@Rshak - do you have a particular item you like to grill? when I had my old grill i loved cooking skewers and steak

Hi,

I had such a hard time getting yeast at the start of the Stay at Home orders that I took anything I could get. I prefer the yeast from Whole Foods, I forget the brand name.

I want to try to make brioche but since it's a 2 day process I get busy and forget to start it until it's too late.  Maybe this weekend.

We are grilling a lot now that it's warm.  We grill a lot of fish and chicken. My son has a pizza oven and there is nothing better than wood fired pizza.  :)

@[ki...]

Skewers are my favorite!  I also make beef kafta rolls on skewers and serve with garlic sauce and rice.

@pianogirl:  a pizza oven in my backyard would be a dream come true!  Our friends in Italy have one and when we visit we always make a lot of pizza.  I also like to bake stuffed peppers in there.  Mmmmm.

@kickbenzos:

Skewers are my favorite!  I also make beef kafta rolls on skewers and serve with garlic sauce and rice.

@pianogirl:  a pizza oven in my backyard would be a dream come true!  Our friends in Italy have one and when we visit we always make a lot of pizza.  I also like to bake stuffed peppers in there.  Mmmmm.

Actually, many things are delicious cooked in the pizza oven.  It seems due to the high heat that things cook quickly and don't lose their moisture.

@[Pi...]:)

@RShack - yum! i would do pineapple, chicken, bell peppers, and onions with teriyaki sauce and put over jasmine rice. problem is if i have left overs, the enzymes from the pineapple start to eat away at the other food and changes the flavor profile with each day that passes (oops! lol)

Because we have a bit of a heat wave going on I decided to make a dinner that would be fairly light and fresh.

I made chicken sate with peanut sauce, watermelon mint and feta salad, miso glazed eggplant and sweet potatoes and a green salad with a ginger vinaigrette.

Because we have a bit of a heat wave going on I decided to make a dinner that would be fairly light and fresh.

I made chicken sate with peanut sauce, watermelon mint and feta salad, miso glazed eggplant and sweet potatoes and a green salad with a ginger vinaigrette.

Yum :thumbsup: