Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Who was your favorite teacher?

[...]

Just about everyone had their favorite teacher, someone they really connected with.....Mine was my second grade teacher, Mrs. Humerickhouse. I would often pretend that she was my mother.

So many favorite teachers.  12th grade History Mister Schmitz. A great friend to my Father, and a great teacher.

One good question that a recent Doc asked me was Who was my last Teacher.  That would be a friend of mine named Lynn who taught me all about color ... things I never even knew, but she can see really plainly and she teaches me so much.  It's good to have teachers!

I had a professor in junior college who I really thought was great.

He was a former priest who taught philosophy and I enjoyed and did very well in the 3 classes I took from him.

For elementary school it would definitely be my third grade teacher.  She took us on so many field trips (museums, battlefields, parks, etc).

Remember field trips?  Lots of fun :)

I don't have a fav teacher! I was such a rotten student in elementary school that I was always in trouble!!! Nose always to the corner of the wall standing in time out. My parents warn me I am in big trouble for paybacks if/when I have children  :laugh:  I did have some teachers I loved in college, too  many to name.

[74...]
I was mostly in home school or homebound, but my favourite teacher, had so many.. I don't know where to begin. I really didn't connect with schools too well then. BUT favourite teacher as I can recall... Mrs. Martin.

Hands down - N. R. - senior year European History.  He was a great teacher and the head of the history department.  Oh course it didn't hurt that he was gorgeous and he knew I had a crush on him  (like every other girl) and handled it well.  We kept in touch many years after I left high school.  Last time I saw him was about 7 years ago - we had coffee.  God, he got old.  He helped me through some tough times in my life.

Oh, elementary school - 2nd grade - S. C. - she was wonderful - I became very attached to her and than she had to take a leave of absence because her sister died in a fatal car accident and she adopted her children.  She was so sad after that before she left.  I remember I used to sit down next to her knowing she was sad.  By the time I was in 5th grade I remember I did this piano recital for the parents and students - about 100 people (yikes!).  I played perfectly and afterwards she came up to me and said, "I always told you you were something special." 

Here's to all of the teachers who go above and beyond what they're required to do.

• 3 years later...