Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Why are symptoms so bad at almost 5 months off and getting worse?

[ch...]

Hi Jen,

I'm so glad all those wonderful people here on BB are caring for you in this fantastic way. Together we'll pull eachother through this ordeal.

We have to keep faith: we are going to heal!

X.

Hi Jen,

I'm so glad all those wonderful people here on BB are caring for you in this fantastic way. Together we'll pull eachother through this ordeal.

We have to keep faith: we are going to heal!

X.

Yes everyone is being so kind and supportive . I am really glad of that,

It 's hard to believe this is all withdrawal when I cannot get my Doctors to check further,  I am trying to hold on tight  but so in need of real sleep and a reduction in the noise , It's getting louder and louder as the days go on , and the neuropathy is spreading further. It's so frightening and I am so very tired  and feeling very old , 

Thank you for caring

Jen

Hi Jen,

I eat a lot of salmon and trout. I have that at least 3 times a week. The rest of the time I’ll have chicken or soup. I eat a lot of leafy greens as well, brocolli, green beans, spinach, cauliflower etc. I have at least 2x different greens / vegetables every evening, and sweet potatoes ofcourse. I don’t eat much red meat as my blood type is Blood group A and we don’t do so well on red meat. So I’ll have that once a week or so. Do you know your blood group?

I also had burning skin, I didn’t know what it was and rushed to the ER because of it. Unfortunately the Dr there didn’t take me seriously because all blood tests came back ok so he prescribed me Ativan which is ANOTHER benzodiazepine. Luckily I didn’t take it. If it will make you feel better, perhaps schedule to go see a Dr, but I wouldn’t recommend it during the Covid crisis for you. So maybe it’s better you hang in there and know it will get better. The burning skin was all over my body, it was so bad I would have to sit in the bathtub to feel better, I thought it was some sort of inflammation. And it got worse when I worked out, went hiking or swimming, and when it got really bad, even just walking aggravated it. I know you can’t help feel impatient for this to end. Unfortunately it is a slow process. Looking back now, I know I moved from highly severe to moderately severe and then to mildly severe, but I didn’t see it because it was severe. Also, I’d have a flare up before moving from, say, moderately severe to  mildly severe and that would make me freak out that I was getting worse. It is a strange time for you to say the least. You have to practice calming exercises and to ground yourself and believe you will get better. Try not think about the future, think about only getting through each day. Try reduce the chatter in your brain by talking kind words to yourself as often as possible. We constantly need reassurance during this process and that’s okay. Try speak to yourself as if you are someone else, like an old friend. Practice breathing exercises, breathe in 5 seconds, hold for 6 seconds and release for 8 seconds. Do this as often as possible. I talk to my CNS and tell it that it has nothing to fear. It has been in such shock that it’s highly activated now so I talk to it and reassure it that we are okay now, the meds are gone. It doesn’t need to panic anymore etc... Every little bit adds up to helping you heal. And I also try not doubt that I will heal because I know my CNS is listening, some days are harder but I try nonetheless. I hope all these help you even in the lightest. Hang in there Jen. It’s just a matter of TIME.

I am so  glad you are moving forward,  It looks as though you stopped around the same time as me,  but we are all different, 

You have a very health diet and I am sure it must help .

It must have  been awful having burning skin all over your body and am so glad you didn't take the Ativan as it may well have made  your progress so much harder.

My blood type is O positive,  Does that effect my recovery?

I seen you are about 70% healed,  that's great news,

Maybe, being older and on  valium for 20 months, due to a very long taper,  it will add extra time to my recovery I really don't know, Perhaps in the end it's more about genetics than anything else.

I don't have a lot of brain chatter, which I am glad of but such a lot of tinnitus, which rumbles and hisses at me day and night,

I cannot block it with white noise due to my very poor hearing,  I am deaf without my hearing aids and ever with I cannot hear much as the withdrawal has taken even that which I had,

I am very grateful for all your care

Thank you

Jen