Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

stimulaes checks in united states

[ju...]

i have read all about it but can not find an answer they say pay will be based on 2018 n 2019 tax returns ..... i have not filed taxes sinces 2011

it does not say i wont get a check but i am not seeing any indications i will i could really use the money  does anyone know more than i do about the subject  ??  please share

flordia guy  so according to the link you provided i will have to go onto the website the irs provides when they provide it and file a return ???  calming i make no money ???

flordia guy  so according to the link you provided i will have to go onto the website the irs provides when they provide it and file a return ???  calming i make no money ???

Sounds about right. The 1040EZ form should only take a few minutes to fill out. Not sure whether you will be able to do that directly through the IRS or not but if not there are a ton of free resources for filing electronically if you have little or no income.

ok thank you flordiaguy  i am going to call a friend soon who is financial manager  and see what he say i should do  i hope he has good new for me and i will be able to file without it looking suspicious

Do you Americans only get 1 check @ $1200 or is it a monthly check?

One $1200 check, but that is in addition to state and federal unemployment benefits and small business assistance.

If things aren't back on track in the next few months they will likely add more benefits.

Do you Americans only get 1 check @ $1200 or is it a monthly check?

One $1200 check, but that is in addition to state and federal unemployment benefits and small business assistance.

If things aren't back on track in the next few months they will likely add more benefits.

That's it?? One $1200 check that will last you all of one or two weeks?? In the UK we get up to £2500 (around $3000) per month not to mention free health care... Why do most Americans think you have a good thing going? You're getting screwed royally and the majority of you don't seem to care about it... (from what I've seen).

Is America only good if you have loads of money? I'm not liking what I'm hearing about it.

What happens when that runs out?

That's it?? One $1200 check that will last you all of one or two weeks?? In the UK we get up to £2500 (around $3000) per month not to mention free health care... Why do most Americans think you have a good thing going? You're getting screwed royally and the majority of you don't seem to care about it... (from what I've seen).

Is America only good if you have loads of money? I'm not liking what I'm hearing about it.

What happens when that runs out?

Where do you think all of this money comes from anyway? The UK doesn't have a tree that grows money. It's easy to ignore this when things are going well but if this drags on for too long everyone is going to have to face the stark reality that there is no such thing as an endless stream of money.

You didn't listen to what I said about what the US is doing. $1200 PLUS most people will have access to unemployment benefits or small business loans and grants. Plus pre-existing welfare programs we have had for years such as housing and food assistance. There have been some delays with implementation but that is understandable considering the fact that we have never seen a disaster of this scale in our lifetimes.

Americans aren't going to be starving in the streets anytime soon. Short term measures have been implemented and they have already mentioned that if we are still facing significant issues down the road that more relief will be on the way.

I'm aware of where money comes from.. Taxes paid into the pot will be paid back out..

I'm just astonished how your country has trillions of dollars for invading the middle east, bailing out banks/ wall street, the military industrial complex, and other such ventures but when it comes to helping the citizens you complain about "not enough money"...

Again ,I know you're not going to be starving in the streets, but you will lose houses. How can unemployment benefits pay for college, university, mortgage, health care, etc etc?

In my opinion, your system needs a total overhaul.

I'm aware of where money comes from.. Taxes paid into the pot will be paid back out..

I'm just astonished how your country has trillions of dollars for invading the middle east, bailing out banks/ wall street, the military industrial complex, and other such ventures but when it comes to helping the citizens you complain about "not enough money"...

Again ,I know you're not going to be starving in the streets, but you will lose houses. How can unemployment benefits pay for college, university, mortgage, health care, etc etc?

I'm not going to get baited into a political discussion but I will say that it's kind of insulting to insinuate that my country isn't doing anything to help its people. This crisis is likely going to cause a global recession (if not a depression) and none of us are going to be immune.

^ I don't want an argument or a political discussion. I'm just stating what I see.. I didn't say that America isn't doing anything to help its citizens, I said the could do [ a lot] more. If you don't think it can then that's on you.

You do realize I'm talking about the American system... Not the average American person... ?

You do realize I'm talking about the American system... Not the average American person... ?

I know exactly what you were saying. Your first comment was this-

That's it?? One $1200 check that will last you all of one or two weeks??

I explained to you that this was only one part of the $2 trillion stimulus package that was passed, and this will likely just be the beginning. Lots of low income people will be making more money collecting unemployment benefits than they did when they were working.

The idea that our government is doing nothing to help people during this crisis is flat out wrong.

I agree with a lot of what you said. I was part of the military-industrial complex for 4 years, 30 years ago. Glad I got out when I did (alive and well). The medical-industrial complex is another one I am finally free of. Look at what these horrid benzos have done to most of us.

even though i am an American i do agree with cookiemouse25  our system is definitely not the best but its not the worst either .. The united states claiming we have the best health care in the world and here we are years behind other countries  when it comes to helping everyone in need  i believe health care should be  a right for everyone.......  the only way you can consider the united states to have the best health care is if your a very wealthly person and have power to get into the private sector .....  a lot of things in America are all about greed  companies ceo making billions while they ship the middle class workers job over to another country for 5 dollars an hour .. our pharmaceutical  companies our probably the worst in the world making billion n billions a years with no regulation on prices killing the small guy for his prescription he needs there is alot that needs to be changed hopefully this is a wake up call  for the united states

i also believe  every united states citizan 18 years and old with a social security card should be getting a check  i think they fudge that up also  there are probably 50 million americans who don't file taxes  because they either work under the table or do make enough money

I think there's something in the rules somewhere about political posts...

But I have to agree with cookiemouse25. I'm an American. There's a LOT of money in this country, but the rich are hoarding it all and sucking it out of anywhere they can. I understand wealth is not a zero-sum game. Wealth is created all the time. But wages are constantly being pushed down, and there's no reason for it other than the people who have money want to hoard it.