Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Klonopin tapering--new here--scared

[Th...]

After cutting .125 klono yesterday, I only experienced some anxiousness for a couple of hours. Today I am so tired, I can hardly stay awake. Is this a normal w/d symptom. I thought the less medicine I was taking, I wouldn't be as tired.  :crazy:

Hi Theresa :)  (I haven't posted here in a long time)

Everyone is different.  My experience is that most people (myself included) can't get much sleep.    Perhaps you are having nightmares or bad dreams (I have) and really don't want to sleep because of them.  From my experience sleep usually helps to refresh and makes it better to cope with your problems. 

Withdrawing from drugs ("so-called" medicine) causes uncomfortable symptoms (anxiety etc) that are a manifestation of how much harm the drugs are doing to you. IMO

lee

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Th...]

• [el...]

• [si...]

• [ch...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Having a cup of chamomile right now!!!  :crazy: Now if I coud cut back on cigs, I'd probably do better, but the more nervous I get, the more I smoke---vicious cycle.  :tickedoff:

Would it help to use 2 tea bags at once?????????

Silver, this post was for you!

Hi Theresa,

This tapering sure is crazy. I managed another cut this week .125Klono.

I find that my tapering seems to take some sort of pattern. After I cut I might be ok, then a bit fogged(depending on which dosage I am cutting ie morning or night). Then I have a few pretty bad days then I come good then I get relly tired for a few - I take this as a sign that I must be starting to tolerate the new dosage. It usuallly happens 7 - 10 days after a cut, but a bit earlier as I progress. I usually taper down a few days after this. But its a good rest and break for the mind and body. I don't know what it is that causes this, but I have decided that a bit of tiredness is so much better, than some of the other stuff,

Glad you seem to be on track at times

Take care Debbie (deedee) :)

yea the stronger the tea the better.  it only helps to relax - not a gurarentee - someone told me tobacco was a stimulant.

maybe not smoking would help.

I know I should quit, but the idea of using the patch at this point in my taper frightens me. I had quit using the patches for 8 weeks prior to my panic attack trying to help mom through her crisis. :crazy:

it really isn't recommended to quite more then one thing at a time anyway.

lets see valarian root tea is pretty strong - but anything you take on a regular basis stops - i did tea through most of my taper.

after my taper some supplements - but they quickly stopped working cause i wasn't careful enough.

I'm sipping on my double strength chamo tea, winding down to bedtime. I bought some calms forte to try after my cuts to see if does anything for the anxiousness/tremors. I am still sleeping good since I am still spacing my klono 3 times/day. Will reduce my morning dose down .125 on Monday if I'm still okay, that will bring me to .25 3x/day, then I'm not quite sure which dose I'll cut first.  :crazy:

I cut another .125 today and so far I am doing okay, a little tingling in the head, but so far okay. I am now down to .75 mg (.25 am, .25 at 3:00 and .25 at bedtime).  Hope that I'm not going too fast, but going by how I feel. Any suggestions on my next cut (which one)???  :D

Tony,

I am currently tapering off klonopin, but have only been on it since Dec 15. Do you still see a problem with me jumping off at .125??? I thought the last week, I would take .125 every other day for a week, then jump???? Now you've got me nervous. Take a look at my sig line, and let me know what you think. Thanks!! Love your blog sight!!!

Hi Theresa,

Nice to meet you.  :thumbsup:

We'd have to know how you feel. If you had been on it for many years obviously one would have to approach it differently. Golden rule #1 is "Listen to your body." Golden rule #2 (these are MY rules - LOL) is "Be kind to yourself". If you haven't experienced a severe withdrawal syndrome so far in almost a month of cutting, you may be one of the lucky ones who can do this.

So if I understand correctly, you're taking an eighth of 1 mg every other day and feeling fine? If that's the case, then gut says you'll probably be ok if you've only been on it since 12/07. There are no guarantees though. I'd hate to tell you, "Go for it" and then have you come back in 2 weeks dying with intolerable withdrawal symptoms. While I can't advise you specifically, I would say take those two golden rules into consideration and make your decision from there. Whatever you decide, we're here to support you. OK?  :)

T

Not quite. I just reduced my dose by .125 today, now takes me to .25 3 x/day. Will cut next Monday again if doing okay. When I get down to .125 per day, I will take every other day for a week, then jump. Thanks for your support.

Not quite. I just reduced my dose by .125 today, now takes me to .25 3 x/day. Will cut next Monday again if doing okay. When I get down to .125 per day, I will take every other day for a week, then jump. Thanks for your support.

I see it like coming down from the top of a house. If we jump from the roof, it'll hurt. But if we take the stairs and jump from the last step there's a very good chance there will be little or no pain. Good luck! :thumbsup:

Tony

After cutting .125 on Monday, other than tired again, feeling normal from 5:00 pm til bedtime as it was last week. Should I try another cut possibly on Friday or don't push my luck? I am now on .25 3/day. I'm not sure which one to cut next??? Should I try to eliminate my afternoon dose and move my morning and bedtime closer to 12 hours apart???

I wouldn't rush it. It's really not worth the risk. You may have to pay a price for hurrying.

Which one to cut? Perhaps the one where you feel best? Like if you feel best in the evening, perhaps you could cut the afternoon dose? Only your body knows best though. .25 * 3 times a day now, right? Perhaps keep 0.25 a.m. and night and go to .125 in the afternoon is what I'm thinking, but it's really entirely up to you.

Theresa,

TPirog is right it's not worth the risk of rushing it. We all understand exactly how much you want to get off the benzo. If it were me at the rate you are going and still feeling good I wouldn't change a thing. Reducing the afternoon dose until you get small enough to drop it is basically what I did. And, like you are thinking........then spacing the remaining 2 doses 12 hours apart is what I did. My body really needed the consistant levels that even spacing provided.

You are doing great! Go by how you are feeling and you will get there :thumbsup:

chick

I am sooo tired. I go to bed at midnight, get up at 7:00 am and then lay on couch and too tired to do anything. I fall asleep for a couple more hours. I'm so tired, I don't dare drive. Is this normal?

I am sooo tired. I go to bed at midnight, get up at 7:00 am and then lay on couch and too tired to do anything. I fall asleep for a couple more hours. I'm so tired, I don't dare drive. Is this normal?

Yes it is dear. It's called benzo fatigue. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Nothing to fear. It stinks, but it is normal.

Tony

Hi Theresa,

Been pretty tired myself. Trying to organise my daughters 11th birthday and really just wanting to crash out. Read a few of your recent posts. Sounds like you are doing really well, apart from tiredness. Yes I would aim for 2 doses, if it was me. C how u go

Take care Deedee Debbie

Hi Theresa,

Been pretty tired myself. Trying to organise my daughters 11th birthday and really just wanting to crash out. Read a few of your recent posts. Sounds like you are doing really well, apart from tiredness. Yes I would aim for 2 doses, if it was me. C how u go

Take care Deedee Debbie

I had been planning my daughters 21st birthday party and had it Wed. night.  I was so tired today I could hardly move.  I don't think I have ever had fatigue that bad.  It really threw me, I was walking around thinking "What is wrong with me?"  You would think by now I would know the answer to that! :idiot:

Hi Theresa,

Take care Deedee Debbie

Well thats a big one 21st. Thank god 11th is a bit of a smaller one. Rest up, take the time you need,not the guilt. Sorry you are so fatigued, but I hope the party went well anyway. I'm sure your daughter appreciates all you strenghth n courage!!

I had been planning my daughters 21st birthday party and had it Wed. night.  I was so tired today I could hardly move.  I don't think I have ever had fatigue that bad.  It really threw me, I was walking around thinking "What is wrong with me?"  You would think by now I would know the answer to that! :idiot:

Some of us are sooo tired and some of us can't sleep!! Crazy drugs!!! :crazy:

Hi Theresa,

Take care Deedee Debbie

Benzo fatigue! :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

I have been feeling quite anxious for 3 hours this afternoona and having tremors this evening. Should I slow down my taper for a few days this week or is this my anxiety breaking through?

How do you know w/d symptoms from anxiety if you took the klono for anxiety in the first place?

Withdrawal causes anxiety even in people who never had anxiety previously.  So can the benzo.  You last cut on the 10th?  That is not too long ago and your cut may be affecting you.  Try and just it slide by and don't give in to the beast by additional fear.  And certainly I would not suggest you start what iffing to see if this is the "old" stuff ..... you may find that long gone once you get through wd.  You will learn coping mechanisms through wd that really strengthen you.  The tremors could certainly be from the dosage reduction.  Don't hasten too much toward the finish line.  Keep in touch and we'll track you.  Janus