Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Klonopin tapering--new here--scared

[Th...]

Thanks, I'll let you know how I do! I did take .25 at 3:00 central time, tremors gone for now, and will see how I feel by bedtime. Actually that would only make it .75 today instead of usual 1.00.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Th...]

• [el...]

• [si...]

• [ch...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, I'll let you know how I do! I did take .25 at 3:00 central time, tremors gone for now, and will see how I feel by bedtime. Actually that would only make it .75 today instead of usual 1.00.

Well, I ws thinking you could take the additional .25 now, to make it total 1mg for the day. Might be a good idea, just to keep things on an even keel.

Is there any problem taking tums for heartburn on ocassion?

I don't think so, I took it occasionally during my taper, but try not to take them within at least an hour of your benzo, as it may interfere with absorption of your benzo.

Hi Theresa,

If you are asking me, it sounds like you are on so many varied doses, that it is easy to get mixed up with the doses. Especially if you are having a bad day.

If it were me, I would either try to slowly cut the midddle dosage down by about .125 and see how it goes. probaly I would hold 10days - 2 weeks. If that goes ok then you could try taper this down again.

OR

I would try to get the doses on an even level and just alternate which one you taper off.  Eg . Work on your morning dose .50 then .375 then .25 ( I think thats right)? Then you woiuld be on 3 equal doses of .25 eventually.So you could reduce these one at a time and alternate between the 3. If you really have trouble then Colin is really good at helping with suggestions, so you could probally send him a message.

I am on my 5th taper now, and will go down again on Wed arvo so will be 1 step of 1mg (HALF WAY THERE) :yippee:After 9 years on this half way is a big acievement for me. And I am proud of myself. But in saying that it hasn't been easy. I basically work on trial and error but I have hung in there and tried to be pretty strict with my cuts, regardless of the sometimes depressing, painfull, worrying etc etc etc sideaffects. Make a decision - Hope that it's the right one - try to stay positive - and be kind to yourself. GOODLUCK! You will do fine!

I have written out a rough plan in pencil. With each dosage recorded and put it in a diary. I also beak up my pills for the week and keep them in a pill holder, so when its timwe to take my dose - its allready there. I prepare this when my brain is functioning well and get hubby to check it. We will get there!

Thanks so much for your suggestions and encouraging words. I am working towards getting the doses even (.25 3x/day). I have reduced this morning dose to .375 (hope I do okay over the next 3 days), I will then wait at least 10 days to 2 weeks to reduce again, and try to eventually elminate the afternoon dose first. I just hope my goof up yesterday didn't goof up my cut this morning.  :D  PS--am having my son and husband watch what I am taking.

I am feeling slightly uncomfortable right now since my .125 cut this morning.  >:( Hope I can make it to 3:00pm for next dose. Maybe too soon after my screw up on dosing the day before as Eljay stated. I'm doing some deep breathing and will try to hold on. Maybe I'll find something good on tv for a distraction or fall asleep.  :D

good idea - deep breathing is great - people should do it even when stressed - helps to avoid stress as well as treat it.

Having a cup of chamomile right now!!!  :crazy: Now if I coud cut back on cigs, I'd probably do better, but the more nervous I get, the more I smoke---vicious cycle.  :tickedoff:

Would it help to use 2 tea bags at once?????????

Theresa,

I had my husband help with the dosing as well and it helped a lot. He was able to (with a clear mind) help figure out what the best course of action was when planning the next cut. He was my voice of reason. It helped that he is very logical and good at math so figuring percentages and stuff like that (which makes my head swim on a good day :D) I left completely to him. And, I reported to him every dose I took just so I had some accountability.....and I did the pill packs for a week at a time like deedee said....it all helps. The less you have to think and keep track of the better.

Can anyone tell me why my profile while posting shows an envelope (for e-mail), although I checked box to keep it hidden????

Having a cup of chamomile right now!!!  :crazy: Now if I coud cut back on cigs, I'd probably do better, but the more nervous I get, the more I smoke---vicious cycle.  :tickedoff:

Would it help to use 2 tea bags at once?????????

Silver, can you help about the tea bags? I made it to my 3:00 dose.  ;D

Hang in the Theresa!

The first few days of a cut are a bit of a blur to me too. But yes, it definately helps if someone else can come on board n check with us. My last cut didn't have as many side affects as the previous. Thank G-d! Hoping my next cut on Wed night will go ok, but will have to stay positive and ride it out!!!

Sounds like you are well on your way Theresa

Hang in there Debbie(deedee)

Hang in there Theresa. Thanks for the message. I think it's a good idea to level off the 3 doses. Less confusing. Hope your week is good. I will taper tomorrow arvo - another .125mg in the arvo! A little less than 2 weeks, but I feel well enough to move on so will see how I go and hold for 10 days - 2weeks. I have been tempted to do it earlier for the past few days - but I have to keep telling myself - After 9 years, why should I rush and risk failing! They say slow n steady wins the race!!! I hope so!!!

Take Care Debbie(deedee)

After cutting .125 klono yesterday, I only experienced some anxiousness for a couple of hours. Today I am so tired, I can hardly stay awake. Is this a normal w/d symptom. I thought the less medicine I was taking, I wouldn't be as tired.  :crazy:

Yes, it's normal.  Just let your body tell you what it needs to heal.  I had this last week and taking naps daily.....something I had not done before.

Everyday is a new walk!

Hi Theresa,

One step closer :yippee: You are doing great! I also had to deal with fatigue after some cuts. Just rest and go with it. Your body is healing. TS is right, every day is a new walk. The trick is to try not to get caught off guard. Just accept where you are and let your body heal.