Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Media and anxiety

[He...]

I think it’s wise to avoid the news right now.  We all know what we’re supposed to do.  Nothing has changed.  It’s not helpful to pour the bad news in, then expect to feel better.  If you watch, then you have to do something to counter act the anxiety that was invited in.  If you haven’t checked out Kelly Brogan MD, do that.  She’s on Facebook, has written two books.  She’s a psychiatrist who does not prescribe antidepressants or benzodiazepines.  She helps people get off them.  She has a different approach to anxiety and also to what’s happening with this virus.  Her videos are very helpful.  Supportive and reassuring.  Anyway, she has def helped me.  The books go into more detail about how to approach med tapers.  I think you can get them on amazon. 

I think it’s wise to avoid the news right now.  We all know what we’re supposed to do.  Nothing has changed.  It’s not helpful to pour the bad news in, then expect to feel better.  If you watch, then you have to do something to counter act the anxiety that was invited in.  If you haven’t checked out Kelly Brogan MD, do that.  She’s on Facebook, has written two books.  She’s a psychiatrist who does not prescribe antidepressants or benzodiazepines.  She helps people get off them.  She has a different approach to anxiety and also to what’s happening with this virus.  Her videos are very helpful.  Supportive and reassuring.  Anyway, she has def helped me.  The books go into more detail about how to approach med tapers.  I think you can get them on amazon.

Healing64, this is a good post. Dr Brogan has an intelligent, sane approach to the virus that could help calm people's fears. Her instagram account is a good resource, as is that of her husband, Sayer Ji. For reassurance, also definitely check out Sayer's facebook page. Well worth considering, for those with anxiety around the coronavirus. And pass the info to your friends.