Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Food, Grocery & Other Delivery Services On the Rise

[Fi...]

Food, Grocery & Other Delivery Services On the Rise. A couple of recent articles regarding delivery services rapid expansion as travel restrictions & social distancing increase:

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/yes-you-can-order-food-delivery-during-the-coronavirus-pandemic-heres-how/

https://techcrunch.com/2020/03/16/grocery-delivery-apps-see-record-downloads-amid-coronavirus-outbreak/

"Overtip your driver. It's the right thing to do"

I don't have access to these delivery services because I (almost) live "A Thousand Miles From Nowhere" ;) Otherwise I WOULD BE USING THEM:

A Thousand Miles From Nowhere - Dwight Yoakam

I will likely be switching from driving Lyft and Uber to driving Uber Eats as I am sure that rideshare rides are going to decline drastically.

I LOVE grocery delivery.

I've been using it for 2 yrs. The delivery ppl are nice, on time, etc ☺ its only $99 a year

I LOVE grocery delivery.

I've been using it for 2 yrs. The delivery ppl are nice, on time, etc ☺ its only $99 a year

Who do you use, Gardenia?

In U.K. nobody can get slots.

I have been getting delivery for over a decade due to chronic illness.

Many ppl who are chronically ill can no longer get food delivered and selfish fuckers who aren’t ill have emptied shops anyway.

Oh thank you Fi, that is really helpful and I just found this great information for New Mexico for seniors and disabled assistance if you are unable to get groceries, I'm sure all the states in the u.s. are starting to do the same thing , here goes https://www.krqe.com/health/coronavirus-new-mexico/state-dept-offers-hotline-for-seniors-who-are-unable-to-access-groceries/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_KRQE_News_13&fbclid=IwAR1ksmwd5T7tUpeoo7M6-jEUr7LN6YTDVMmFXEzFeOIW-QNWogBeqPx9YHc

I'm using delivery for the first time and I am tipping the driver a lot.  They are running behind because of all the orders so mine won't arrive until between 5 and 7 tonight. 

In U.K. nobody can get slots.

I have been getting delivery for over a decade due to chronic illness.

Many ppl who are chronically ill can no longer get food delivered and selfish fuckers who aren’t ill have emptied shops anyway.

This is basically what I wrote in the email I sent President Trump the other day.  He told people "stop hoarding food," but scared paranoid people will not listen.

I LOVE grocery delivery.

Who do you use, Gardenia?

Shipt.com.  :thumbsup:

This past week I haven't been able to get exactly what I wanted but they made substitutionß and she managed to get me 12 rolls of TP

She said they had just came in and it was going fast.

But no food shortages just certain things like canned soup. I was able to get meat, eggs, cheese, etc

I've been ordering in for approximately 3 years now.  I scheduled an appointment 2 weeks ago.  There were 2 time slots for this past Monday availabe.  In the time it took me to google if cold-cuts/deli meats could be frozen (that took about 30 seconds) & when I went back, that delivery time slot was taken & the next available was 2 weeks away=next Monday.  In the interim, 2 days ago, cousin brought me some items to tide me over.  I check online deliveries every day.  (Peapod/which is in biz w/Stop & Shop & Shop-Rite.  Through Instacart, I'll additionally check Wegman's & Acme, too.

Water is the main concern of mine b/c I normally order approximately 23, 3 liter bottles for 2 weeks.  Now, it seems to have gone from stores allowing 6 bottles to 2 - Yesterday, I found a slot w/Instacart, so jumped on it b/c last 2 weeks stores are showing "sold out" under every single time slot every day for 2 weeks (they don't list farther out).  Stores have also disabled e-mail communications during this, so if you have any questions, they'll be unanswered; customer service telephone numbers are for emergency-only.  I'd put 6, 3 liter bottles in my cart, as that was the cap.  He arrived w/2 & when I inquired, he said "That's the limit now: it's bad."  I don't have a water filtration system & tap water here is awful tasting & somehow, dry.  ???::) I haven't drunk a beverage @ full strength in about 15 years...I usually only coat bottom of glass w/whatever it is & the rest is water, so now, whenever I do drink anything @ full strength, it tastes much too strong & will sometimes upset my stomach.  Cousin brought ginger ale, w/her too, so I have learned I can drink 1/2 & 1/2 w/ginger ale.  I added that to Monday delivery.  Somewhat fortuitously, about 3 weeks ago, I'd been very ill w/a stomach virus - definitely nothing more, but it had me retching violently about 3 xs/hour for about 8-10 hours w/no feelings of relief (as after a normal throw-up).  Left my esophagus sore & w/tender ache/stitch in upper left abdomen for another 2 days & no appetite for another week & 1/2.  All I was eating was english muffins, crackers, jelly, jell-o & gradually added turkey breast & then cheese (though not together) so I'd get protein.  That was first Instacart order, since I didn't have that stuff on hand & peapod has a $60 minimum order.  I had a $20 off first order of $50 through Instacart, so added a 12-pack of toilet paper (whew...I never thought I'd be so thankful to have been so ill w/my stomach.)  Any delivery-people I've dealt with last several years have all been very, very nice.  Some services let you include tip in order (so it's on your credit card & you don't need to have bills).  Shop-Rite does not offer that.  Door-Dash also has terrific delivery-personnel. 

-I'm in U.S., as you all can see under my avatar & user name.  For many reasons, it's very important to have that appear under our names, w/out having to look up individual profiles while reading. I have tried to put this forth many xs, but am mostly ignored.  However, I'm like a "dog w/a bone" & don't give up.  There is a work-around, which is very easy to do.  Just put it in your profile in the quote line. - More vital info. than a quote. -  It's important to see, at least, what country others are in, (before this, re: medicines, medical services & alternative therapies) - a number of times, I'd read something I thought I might try, only to discover, upon research, N/A in U.S./frustrating.  If countries are visible, wouldn't have had to waste precious time on research for something that I have no way to try out, anyway.  This is an International online community forum.  Now, for discussions such as this in this new, alternate "twilight-zone" universe...there will be differences in what the grocery stores are in each country, as well as delivery services.  Make it easy on ourselves...please update profiles to reflect country residing in. - Administrators I urge you to make this work-around a sticky-topic so all existing & incoming new members will have this impotant information. - I've seen a separate, dedicated thread on "what country are you living in" & posted this plea there, as well, since it's obvious members aren't averse to sharing this vital information.  On other entertainment forums I "play" on, this is under member name & avatar, w/out having to do any work-around. It's added to profile & is easily seen on all of your posts.  You don't want it, you don't add it.  You want to include city/town, you can do that there, as well.  You are also able to have a quote, as well.  Separate lines in profile settings for each & all visible, if you choose to add them.  - Makes life so much easier. If I'm reading something I have no idea about the content, I can easily see if it's someone in another country & that's possibly why I'm not recognizing content of their post.  -  It's not as important on those sites as it is here.  Here under country if you have added to your profile on the line for country, members are only able to view it, if they visit your individual profile (which is cumbersome); it doesn't appear under user name & avatar on your posts.  This is a site IT-fail, but that is the very simple/easy work-around. :thumbsup:

I see Gardenia's post & am, frankly, amazed, b/c that's not situation where I am at all, so w/out that info. I'm left to guess if she's in another country, or the U.S., but a different state or region.  I"m guessing different country.  Even the frozen dinners & breakfasts that I've typically ordered are OOS.  -

And, yes, there are definitely people ordering in who don't need to; I know 1 couple....not only are they ordering in, but their children are also ordering for them, as well.  Also, there are some people (I don't know these personally, but I do suspect a neighbor of mine, as she does not ever obey any HOA rules) that just go out to the grocery stores every day, or every other to get those items which are limited/capped.  I don't know how stores could possibly curtail people who are doing hoarding in this fashion.  It's the hoarders who are the problem. 

Be well/stay safe all.

I'm in the U.S.

I'm not able to get everything I want but its hit or miss.

You can pm me if you'd like.

I'm sorry your deliveries are hard to get.

As of Wed, the meat section was wiped out, I was able to buy a pork tenderloin. There was NO chicken or pork chops etc

I haven't tried to get water yet.

I'm in the U.S.

As of Wed, the meat section was wiped out, I was able to buy a pork tenderloin. There was NO chicken or pork chops etc

We are getting back to normal here on the other coast of FL. The meat cases are about 75% full again, that's a pretty big improvement from a few days ago when they were maybe 10-15% full.

My buddy works at the Publix warehouse. They have been working 12+ hour days to try to keep up with demand. Not sure if he was 100% serious but he said that tomorrow everyone should have toilet paper. Apparently they are starting to get caught up with some things.

My local grocery store is starting a social media campaign (that was on the news) for people to stop panic-buying and hoarding so there will be enough food for everyone.  That's how serious this food shortage is now.

I'm in the U.S.

We are getting back to normal here on the other coast of FL. The meat cases are about 75% full again, that's a pretty big improvement from a few days ago when they were maybe 10-15% full.

My buddy works at the Publix warehouse. They have been working 12+ hour days to try to keep up with demand. Not sure if he was 100% serious but he said that tomorrow everyone should have toilet paper. Apparently they are starting to get caught up with some things.

Thanks FLguy  :thumbsup: