Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

coronavirus fears

[Ka...]

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ka...]

• [Be...]

• [Ma...]

• [ma...]

Coronavirus crap is all over the TV too.  I think it's alot of hype, and it's ruining the Stock Market, the fear and panic.

Coronavirus crap is all over the TV too.  I think it's alot of hype, and it's ruining the Stock Market, the fear and panic.

not crap, unfortunately, look at italy

Gov. Ducey declares public health emergency in Arizona due to coronavirus

https://www.azfamily.com/news/gov-doug-ducey-declares-a-public-health-emergency-in-arizona/article_b6984d36-63c4-11ea-97ae-577cf8e7a46e.html

The public health emergency comes after three more people have reported cases of COVID-19. There is a total of nine cases in Arizona, five cases in Pinal County alone.

I'm in Colorado, and we already have 33 people as of today, and also a state of emergency declared. oh it's so scary, i just keep thinking what else could possibly go wrong, already being in benzo withdrawal and now this. I can't even travel back to my home country if worst came to the worst with my whole family back there.. Sorry, i'm in a panicky mood this morning after reading all the posts on social media this morning with even healthy people panicking :(

I meant in the US.  It's not bad here.

It's not prudent to think the USA will be immune to the same issues that are in other countries.  The attention to this disease is not hype, it is not fake, to think this is folly.

Panic helps no one. Being smart and living your life as best as you can within the guidelines is all we can do.

I'm in Colorado, and we already have 33 people as of today, and also a state of emergency declared. oh it's so scary, i just keep thinking what else could possibly go wrong, already being in benzo withdrawal and now this. I can't even travel back to my home country if worst came to the worst with my whole family back there.. Sorry, i'm in a panicky mood this morning after reading all the posts on social media this morning with even healthy people panicking :(

My rational brain is convinced everything will end up well :hug:

Agreed, but at the same time use all the caution you can. Not using caution is irresponsible and just may kill someone else.

that's good that you are keeping a rational brain right now, mine is totally irrational :-[

How Serious is the Coronavirus? Infectious Disease Expert Michael Osterholm Explains | Joe Rogan

•Mar 10, 2020

I guess I'm not worried about it personally because I already isolate myself at home since I'm housebound already because I'm so sick after getting off these stinking benzo's.  Tom Hanks and his wife tested positive for the virus I heard on the news last night. 

that's good that you are keeping a rational brain right now, mine is totally irrational :-[

I have both, they argue and fight each other all the time :-[

#Flatten The Curve!  :thumbsup: How we shift the contagion curve to the right like SK and Singapore.

"Your grandparents were called to go to war, you're being called to sit on your couch." James Mitchell

Additional free PDF resources:

Books called "Where There Is No Doctor" and "Where There is No Dentist"

https://hesperian.org/books-and-resources/

These and other topics online there.  Layman’s guides to different health emergencies.

It can be overwhelming, but I think it's wise to be reasoned and prudent. Don't let the momentary fear overwhelm you. There are definitely risks out there, but remember, we're not the first generation to ever have this kind of obstacle or hardship, we're just the first one "recently." Think of those who lived through WWI and WWII, survived the Spanish Flu (before the Internet), or escaped concentration camps. History records many such events, man-made and natural, yet here we are as a testament to the triumph of the spirit, and for me, God's grace.

It can be done. Work together, be watchful/wary, and hold on to hope. You are already people who have demonstrated great perseverance and willful, thoughtful actions, or you wouldn't be reading this forum.

"Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it." James Lane Allen, novelist

Social distancing.  Are they kidding?  On the news they said everyone should keep 6' away from each other.

No they are not kidding. Many cases of the virus were within families and happened after family and social gatherings. Additionally, there were conferences and meeting where people were exposed to the virus.  Recommending that people curtail these activities is wise and smart.

Social distancing.  Are they kidding?  On the news they said everyone should keep 6' away from each other.

yes, I think that's one of the biggest things that helps keep the virus from spreading Becksblue, did you see them show on the news what's going on in Italy now? they have whole cities that are closed off completely now, you can only leave your house at certain hours to go to the supermarket( otherwise they charge very high penalties) and they don't allow more than a certain number of people into the store at the same time, the rest of the line is outside having to keep at least  6' distance from each other, all in masks, glasses and gloves. It is pretty scary.

The problem is that this virus is very contagious. If a lot of people get sick at the same time, ventilators in hospitals will not be enough for the percentage of people who get serious complications. The idea is to try to reduce the rate of contagion, making the process slower and allowing that people recover so that those who need medical resources at any given moment are not in excessive numbers. In Italy they are already having to decide on a daily basis who is put in a ventilator and who is left to chance. So, it's really better to prevent before the situation gets out of hand. Here, all schools, universities, kindergartens, nightclubs, bars, etc. have been closed yesterday, concerts and other social events cancelled, the number of people who can be at the same time in restaurants and commercial areas reduced and people were recommended to work from home, avoid direct social contacts and if that isn't possible to maintain a safe distance from each other.

The problem is that this virus is very contagious. If a lot of people get sick at the same time, ventilators in hospitals will not be enough for the percentage of people who get serious complications. The idea is to try to reduce the rate of contagion, making the process slower and allowing that people recover so that those who need medical resources at any given moment are not in excessive numbers. In Italy they are already having to decide on a daily basis who is put in a ventilator and who is left to chance. So, it's really better to prevent before the situation gets out of hand. Here, all schools, universities, kindergartens, nightclubs, bars, etc. have been closed yesterday, concerts and other social events cancelled, the number of people who can be at the same time in restaurants and commercial areas reduced and people were recommended to work from home, avoid direct social contacts and if that isn't possible to maintain a safe distance from each other.

Magnesi, do you mind me asking are you somewhere in europe? Here in the us there are some areas that are pretty bad but for the most part it's still not as strict/bad.

Bingo. Slowing the spread is important to avoid overwhelming hospitals and medical providers. One exposure has already led to 36 nurses being put on leave...how many times can that happen before there are no nurses to care for patients.

Magnesi, do you mind me asking are you somewhere in europe? Here in the us there are some areas that are pretty bad but for the most part it's still not as strict/bad.

Southern Europe, we are trying to not reach the situation of Italy which went from not that bad to out of control in two weeks

The reason that the social distancing is ridiculous is because every place I've ever worked at, following the 6' social distancing recommendation is IMPOSSIBLE.  No one would be able to get their jobs done if they stayed six feet away from each other. 

[a0...]