Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Am I being unreasonable about the Coronavirus??

[ca...]

Hey Castillo... :)

I been wondering if things have gotten a bit easier at home now there is some more validation that things are a bit serious..?

You holding up ok..??

:)

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [te...]

• [Ca...]

• [Fi...]

I ain't following you my man, and never intend to anyway lol

I notice that logical thinking may not be one of your strong points. Along with reading comprehension. Do I'll try and adjust down to your intellectual level.

China pretty much stopped keeping tabs on the numbers. In a population of millions and just 39 new cases in one day? It's definitely peaked in Wufan though.

And yep, pretty much everyone will have been exposed by now but more folk is recovering than catching the bug. That's what is meant by a peakin'.

Korea doing a good job. The rest of the world should take note instead of closing down the whole country.

Closing down a whole country is just for show. Setting up testin centers kicks ass.

You strike me as one of them dudes who, if you was to predict that one million brits was to drop dead of the covid gig and it really happened, would be happier that your prediction had come true than sad that one million folk had croaked.

So go out now and stock up on bog paper. And you will know where to put it.

Take a Xanax.

Have a nice day!

It must be hard being you and having such a chip on your shoulder...and not being able to post to others...unless you can take shots at people. Hope you have a wonderful day and that you can see that being demeaning to others will not go far here at BB. :tickedoff:

I notice that logical thinking may not be one of your strong points. Along with reading comprehension. Do I'll try and adjust down to your intellectual level.

China pretty much stopped keeping tabs on the numbers. In a population of millions and just 39 new cases in one day? It's definitely peaked in Wufan though.

And yep, pretty much everyone will have been exposed by now but more folk is recovering than catching the bug. That's what is meant by a peakin'.

Korea doing a good job. The rest of the world should take note instead of closing down the whole country.

Closing down a whole country is just for show. Setting up testin centers kicks ass.

You strike me as one of them dudes who, if you was to predict that one million brits was to drop dead of the covid gig and it really happened, would be happier that your prediction had come true than sad that one million folk had croaked.

Take a Xanax.

Have a nice day!

Terua,

Your comments on the coronavirus have been edgy but we did not feel the need to moderate them, they are after all, your opinions only.

This comment however, crosses the line. We do not allow for members to speak rudely or disrespectfully to others on the forum. Please discontinue this immediately.  You might review forum rules and guidelines prior to posting on the forum.

Be polite towards, and respectful of, your fellow Buddies. We do not tolerate attacks upon fellow members. Any account created for the purposes of causing arguments and/or ill-feeling will be banned.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=212997.0

pianogirl

Take a Xanax.

Have a nice day!

Thank you for writing this as it has inevitably saved me some time, both now but more importantly in the future, from having to read your posts with the intention that I might gain something from them.  Addition by subtraction.  :smitten:

Actually this shred ain't so bad compared to a lot of nonsense out there. The only reason to post is cozza panicking or boredom.

My opinion aint worth jack shit and I know it.

Fortunately I got a realtive who works with a governments chief scientific advizor. This is a guy who actually knows what he's talking about.

He says the virus can't be contained, same as you can't contain the common cold. Wear a mask and wash your hands and wipe down all surfaces if it makes you feel better but it probably won't help.

The only significant detail lies in the word "peaking". This has already happened in China, a situation where the number of infections decreases.

But it means more than that. It is a situation where EVERYONE has been exposed to the virus. The vast majority won't catch jack shit. It ain't beubonic plague and even beubonic plague never affected everybody.

Governments round the world know this. They know that shutting down the whole country won't help. But they have to be shown to be doing something.

The Italian government is a case in point. What they are doing is waiting for the peak, then they can day that their measures worked and let things slowly return to normal.

Europe is probably about a month away from the peak. Scientists can only make projections on the data they have, and there is very little because it's a new virus. So all guesswork really.

I've cut myself off of all media. It's actually not that difficult.

Obviously.

Edit: typo

Telling someone on the BB forum to ‘take a Xanax’ is about the lowest blow you can deliver. Be better.

Right!?!

And tooktoolong didn't even say anything offensive. I a glad he took it gracefully though! YOU GO, TTL!  :thumbsup:

Hey Castillo... :)

I been wondering if things have gotten a bit easier at home now there is some more validation that things are a bit serious..?

You holding up ok..??

:)

Aww thx CantFly for asking!  I can happily say that I am no longer judged for my mask wearing ;D. Just yesterday my brother came home claiming he had a mild cough, felt warm and had a headache. For context, he is a bus driver.  I never saw my mother scramble so quickly for a mask :laugh:  Its very tense in this house since he has a public job and my sister as a nurse.  Her hospital is currently code orange.  Not 100% sure what that entails but when it gets bad she would need to quarantine herself.  So far it doesnt look like any new cases at her hospital since those infected are isolating at home.  So while the mask issue with me is a thing of the past, we have this looming over our heads.  How exactly do we isolate in a house full of people? We share same bathrooms!  Do some of us sacrifice showers? ::)  That would bring me back to the early benzo w/d days lol

Actually this shred ain't so bad compared to a lot of nonsense out there. The only reason to post is cozza panicking or boredom.

Fortunately I got a realtive who works with a governments chief scientific advizor. This is a guy who actually knows what he's talking about.

He says the virus can't be contained, same as you can't contain the common cold. Wear a mask and wash your hands and wipe down all surfaces if it makes you feel better but it probably won't help.

The only significant detail lies in the word "peaking". This has already happened in China, a situation where the number of infections decreases.

But it means more than that. It is a situation where EVERYONE has been exposed to the virus. The vast majority won't catch jack shit. It ain't beubonic plague and even beubonic plague never affected everybody.

Governments round the world know this. They know that shutting down the whole country won't help. But they have to be shown to be doing something.

The Italian government is a case in point. What they are doing is waiting for the peak, then they can day that their measures worked and let things slowly return to normal.

Europe is probably about a month away from the peak. Scientists can only make projections on the data they have, and there is very little because it's a new virus. So all guesswork really.

Obviously.

Clearly  ::)

I highly recommend you visit me here in my town in Germany. Oh, wait, you would be not allowed to. In order to save your life.

Your post was just bullshit. Come here or to Italy and visit a hospital.

REally. Cant believe it. :tickedoff:

Take a Xanax.

Have a nice day!

Thank you for writing this as it has inevitably saved me some time, both now but more importantly in the future, from having to read your posts with the intention that I might gain something from them.  Addition by subtraction.  :smitten:

😷

Obviously.

Sure thing boss 🙋

This kind of behavior cannot be tolerated. If I was you I would ban me. I waste far too much time on this silly shred.

Sayonara

The ones who are level-headed admit there is no need for panic or hoarding food.  This world has gone completely insane.  Grabbing food out of other people's hands and fighting over food in the grocery store!  OMG!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2020/03/13/coronavirus-triggers-run-grocery-stores-with-panic-buying-hoarding-some-fighting-too/

Why does reading this article require subscription and money..  :'(

The ones who are level-headed admit there is no need for panic or hoarding food.  This world has gone completely insane.  Grabbing food out of other people's hands and fighting over food in the grocery store!  OMG!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2020/03/13/coronavirus-triggers-run-grocery-stores-with-panic-buying-hoarding-some-fighting-too/

Why does reading this article require subscription and money..  :'(

I think it depends what country you're in whether you pay or not.

It's a crap article anyway

I think the less of this rubbish we all read the better it will be for our mental state. Including this shred.

It's like this invisible force keeps pulling me back here. Actually I think it's the OCD better known as OPD on forums 😭

It's free in the US.  Someone recommended Instacart for groceries, but that comes from the local stores and every single store in the area has NO FOOD on any of their shelves.  I called the store manager of my local grocery store and I told him they needed to limit what each person buys.  He hung up on me.  Gee, doesn't that make sense, so we will all have food then?

There seems to be widespread confusion as to what the word "peaking" actually means.

In place of that word I would offer the phrase "run its course".

This means that EVERYONE has been exposed to it in one way or another. This would have happened in China with a population of 3 billion. Of course, remote spots may not have been affected at all. In cities, those who caught it have caught it, and of course the vast majority haven't caught jack shit. There are just too many folk in the country for any organization to keep an accurate count. This is good news of course for the world in general.

Europe's reaction has been to copy Wuham. Closing down a city that size probably did jack shit, what happened would have happened anyway. Governments want to assure their folk that they are doing something, even if it is not what scientists recommend.

The real virus isn't the bug but the panic that has taken over and the loss of economic activity. Closing down bars and chow joints is daft. But zilch any one of us can do about it but play dominos.

I'm only posting here because wanna keep ahead of the other virus shred 😜

So done a video conference today with colleagues in Asia Pacific and gotta ask the question why is folk in Asia not panic buying? Apart from masks and bog paper

It has to be because of the response if their governments and the media in their countries. Or maybe Asians are just less selfish and more laid back. Any roads, they put us English speaking countries and Europe to shame.

I think Becksy had it right a few pages back - folk really are just plain selfish and many don't even spare a thought for the elderly and vulnerable - of which there must be a very high % on a mental health forum. This whole business has really destroyed my faith in mankind. And now some of the religious nuts are saying it's a punishment from above 😏

Before I turn in for the night, I just heard that Japan will probably set up "drive-thru" testing centers.

They are places separate from hospitals with large parking areas. You are given a number on the way in and stay in your car until it is called.

If Korea and Japan can do it with large populations in urban areas, why can't the rest of the world?

I'm only posting here because wanna keep ahead of the other virus shred 😜

So done a video conference today with colleagues in Asia Pacific and gotta ask the question why is folk in Asia not panic buying? Apart from masks and bog paper

It has to be because of the response if their governments and the media in their countries. Or maybe Asians are just less selfish and more laid back. Any roads, they put us English speaking countries and Europe to shame.

I think Becksy had it right a few pages back - folk really are just plain selfish and many don't even spare a thought for the elderly and vulnerable - of which there must be a very high % on a mental health forum. This whole business has really destroyed my faith in mankind. And now some of the religious nuts are saying it's a punishment from above 😏

I'd like to correct your misconception, this is not a mental health forum. Benzo Buddies is a support forum for those who wish to taper off benzodiazepines. For a certain group of people, withdrawal can be the most challenging thing they've ever done.  We offer support and encouragement.

pianogirl

[9d...]