Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Am I being unreasonable about the Coronavirus??

[ca...]

In Germany the situation becomes tricky. our law is made the way that each "state" can decide if schools are closed and which events are allowed. So far, different solutions, different "states" (I call it state because for people not from Germany its easier to understand). The leaders just have given a press interview saying everyone should stay at home when possible, but in my town we just had a case in a school and the major still thinks that its not necessary to close everything children enter, down.

I wrote him a message on facebook. Unbelievable. I am happy I can work at home now, but as long as people in charge think its better to keep the economy alive instead of protecting the people numbers will continue to rise. :tickedoff:

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [te...]

• [Ca...]

• [Fi...]

Perfect timing.

We are smack dab in the middle of the busiest week of the entire year for my city and now they are announcing the cancellation of big events. This was the big week driving rideshare that was going to help me keep afloat. Sales from my business have also tanked over the past couple of months, I am down about 30% over this time last year.

What next? Just when I think I am going to be able to get through another 6 months without any undue stress the rug gets pulled out from under me. Been getting emails from companies I have loans with saying that they are going to work with people who run into problems paying, but it's still going to be a huge mess no matter how you look at it.

I personally am not panicking about this new virus. Corona viruses have been amongst us for many years. The cause cold and flu like illnesses. As I understand it, this one is different only in that it appears to have crossed over from animals to humans. The people who will be more affected, IF it gets out of control -  are elderly people, or those who have weakened immune systems. And that is a lot of people, I know. But from what I can tell, proper precautions are being taken. I don't think our average BB person has much to worry about.

Mass panic is not the way to deal with this, so lets try not to freak out totally. Just be careful and take normal precautions.

east

Perfect timing.

We are smack dab in the middle of the busiest week of the entire year for my city and now they are announcing the cancellation of big events. This was the big week driving rideshare that was going to help me keep afloat. Sales from my business have also tanked over the past couple of months, I am down about 30% over this time last year.

What next? Just when I think I am going to be able to get through another 6 months without any undue stress the rug gets pulled out from under me. Been getting emails from companies I have loans with saying that they are going to work with people who run into problems paying, but it's still going to be a huge mess no matter how you look at it.

yes, it is. Thats why I get angry when I meet people who totally deny that the virus is real. I could not believe it. Either the people panic like idiots or the deny like idiots. Isn't there anything between? For today, I have enough.  :tickedoff:

For what it's worth, an interview with a hospital quarantined patient near Atlanta, Georgia:

"He's infected. See his message from hospital room."

I don't think our average BB person has much to worry about.

Maybe not from a health perspective but I think it is safe to say that most people are going to be affected financially.

My one friend is worried about his 401K retirement plan losing money because the Stock Market is crashing over the Coronavirus panic around the world.  People in another country are killing their pets because they think that their pets are giving people the virus.  People are over-reacting and it's ruining the economy. 

Most severe cases in the hospitals in Italy are now young people and not the elder ones as was told before. And these young people had no underlying issues before. The myth only old and sick people are in risk is busted.

I think its simply math and has nothing to do if you are in withdrawal or not. The virus takes what it can get. If you are under lots of people the risk to get it is higher and then it depends from more factors than just age or withdrawal or weakness if you recover soon or not. It may be a good thing most people here are not seeing many people every day. If I do an exponential function for my country, it's clear that lots of people will be infected soon no matter if you are young or old. It just depends on how much you have contacts with other people or stuff people touch. Which you cannot always control or avoid of course. Already they do not know any more how people were infected.

I think you simply cannot tell who will be infected or not. Thats how a panedemic works.

I am not trying to spread panic, but this is just how it is. But we know about the virus and the world will learn to cope with it. And I hope everyone here will not get it and keep healing from wd. I personally would like to celebrate my 4th year med free on the 19th of March ;D

Now Dr. Oz is scaring the crap out of everyone on the Tonight Show.  He says half the population will get it.  He doesn't know.  When will this disinformation and predicting stop!

Most severe cases in the hospitals in Italy are now young people and not the elder ones as was told before. And these young people had no underlying issues before. The myth only old and sick people are in risk is busted.

I think its simply math and has nothing to do if you are in withdrawal or not. The virus takes what it can get. If you are under lots of people the risk to get it is higher and then it depends from more factors than just age or withdrawal or weakness if you recover soon or not. It may be a good thing most people here are not seeing many people every day. If I do an exponential function for my country, it's clear that lots of people will be infected soon no matter if you are young or old. It just depends on how much you have contacts with other people or stuff people touch. Which you cannot always control or avoid of course. Already they do not know any more how people were infected.

I think you simply cannot tell who will be infected or not. Thats how a panedemic works.

I am not trying to spread panic, but this is just how it is. But we know about the virus and the world will learn to cope with it. And I hope everyone here will not get it and keep healing from wd. I personally would like to celebrate my 4th year med free on the 19th of March ;D

Can you post a link for the information about the most severe cases in Italy being young people? I googled but all the articles are about older people.

For those in States.

Wow, what a magnificent exchange! Thank you for the link. Fingers crossed it actually happens.

My one friend is worried about his 401K retirement plan losing money because the Stock Market is crashing over the Coronavirus panic around the world.  People in another country are killing their pets because they think that their pets are giving people the virus.  People are over-reacting and it's ruining the economy.

While yes, there will be financial difficulties across the board, the fact is that people are not overreacting.  This virus is real and it can affect a large portion of the population. The danger is for someone to have an attitude that causes danger to others, like the person who took a flight knowing that he had been tested for COVID. 

Sorry, but this is contrary to everything I've read in reputable sources.  The highest risk groups are known to be people with underlying health conditions and those 60 and older.

Sorry, but this is contrary to everything I've read in reputable sources.  The highest risk groups are known to be people with underlying health conditions and those 60 and older.

There must be some source to this (right or wrong), as I was also told something similar from someone IRL (Aust) who is a “stable” mind and imbedded within the medical/scientific community..

-Just another thing that will come out in the wash as time passes..

:)

Wow, castillo. Talk about transparency! As an expat Canuck, I'm so proud of the agency that's keeping your folks informed. If only . . .  :'(

Katz

Wow, castillo. Talk about transparency! As an expat Canuck, I'm so proud of the agency that's keeping your folks informed. If only . . .  :'(

Katz

I know right? They have been doing a good job at keeping us in the loop! It appears the travelling and close contacts is taking the lead.

While yes, there will be financial difficulties across the board, the fact is that people are not overreacting. 

I'm not sure about that. I can't say that I disagree with taking certain precautions but when people are fighting over toilet paper at Walmart, that's overreacting in my book.

While yes, there will be financial difficulties across the board, the fact is that people are not overreacting. 

I'm not sure about that. I can't say that I disagree with taking certain precautions but when people are fighting over toilet paper at Walmart, that's overreacting in my book.

It's hard to say why people feel the need to stock up on toilet paper.  I think there is just a lot of uncertainty right now and it is manifesting itself in different ways

I had already stockpiled bog roll months ago because of possible no deal Brexit fucking supply chain as U.K. doesn’t manufacture it...

...know your tree leaves... -Some are NOT friendly on the bum...

:(

We can only buy one pack each here too (Aust)..  I asked, they said none is coming from China..

-Yay for constipation..!! -knew it would pay off one year..!! :(

Hope you are all doing ok, whereva you are in this suddenly much smaller world...

...know your tree leaves... -Some are NOT friendly on the bum...

:(

We can only buy one pack each here too (Aust)..  I asked, they said none is coming from China..

-Yay for constipation..!! -knew it would pay off one year..!! :(

Hope you are all doing ok, whereva you are in this suddenly much smaller world...

:'( I am crying for your bum.... 

Newspapers also come in handy..or so i’ve heard.  But seriously that’s terrible.  They have also had to stick that regulation on us too regarding toilet paper but I got to it before they implemented that.  If I need more down the road, then I guess one pack it is.

[69...]