Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Am I being unreasonable about the Coronavirus??

[ca...]

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [te...]

• [Ca...]

• [Fi...]

It seems like I'm the only one who is the least bit worried about getting this virus.

Na, I looked out the window and couldnt see any... All good “NEWS” here..

:)

I've decided to isolate myself even more since this started. No more dinners out or shopping for me. My spouse who works gets the groceries and runs errands. I guess they call it social distancing. There is a confirmed case at the local school. Schools have been shut today and tomorrow. I'll only go to doc appointments only if I must. We're both older, but his immune system is much better than mine. Both family members work with the public. One is a first responder. I catch everything and it lasts weeks. The flu put me out for a month and a half. I'm taking this virus very seriously. I'm going nowhere until it's all clear.

Becky

Um, if you in high risk group and go to dr. is there a chance they not let you bac k  home?  Read what Colin posted... 'straight to hospital'...

I am original OP and I am 36 yrs old.  But age is just a number since I have Lyme disease and dealing with setback and inflammation from the birth control they gave me to stop massive hemorrhaging of 8 months straight.  Bleeding was caused by a commonly used supplement so I know my immune system is still not up to par. Two years out from that setback and my current colds become bronchitis every time.  If I catch anything else...it will not be a nice situation since my bleeding is still not resolved monthly.  Its like my body cant handle the weight of things.

This is what I do since I work in an environment with lots of people of different countries... but I would say there is not much you could do more, right?

- buy groceries the kind of you can survive 14 days alone on a sofa while having fever (soups ready to eat instead of rice you have to cook then)

- order some medication for diarrhea, cough, fever and some extra vitamins if you can tolerate it, maybe powder to make a solution with electrolyte - so in case you feel bad you do not have to call someone or drive to a pharmacy and so on..

- order the correct disinfectants, one for your hands, one for surfaces.

- if you need benzos to taper or any other kind of medication daily - stuck them up in order to be prepared for 4 weeks

- do not go to places where lots of people are

- do not shake hands, touch, kiss - also in your family!

- clean your hands several times a day for 30 seconds - thats as long as you can sing the full song "happy birthday" twice

- if you share bathrooms or kitchen do not use the same towels and wash everything very hot

- clean surfaces, door handles, anything you touch daily (car, sofa, pens, computer) with a desinfection spray which can really kill the virus, not every form of disinfection spray is able to do that

- wash your scarfs and things you wrap near your face often at 60° C

- if you are able to work from home, do it (where I live the companies send you into the home office anyway now)

- when you go to the supermarkets, choose a time when most people are not yet there or already gone and choose food packed in plastics. Yes, plastic is bad, but it prevents the food from being "contaminated" more, than if its laying just in a basket and everyone can touch it.

- if you can and you have a freezer, prepare some good soups and freeze them. If you really become sick you could then just warm it up and have a meal full of nutrients. Thats what I do at the moment.

- Last but not least: Make a document with emergency contacts in case you really become sick quickly,  all meds you are taking, the advice not to be given benzos or whatever.. and if you have a patient degree already, it makes sense to have all these papers prepared because in case you become sick, you do not want to search for the documents in your house.

- If you are quiet isolated, ask a friend to check on you every week or day just to make sure everyone is still okey

- Stick to a healthy diet and do what you have been doing before because you know your body the best

- In case you cannot get any masks or desinfectants any more, - use a scarf for the face and wash it every day, and clean your hands like I described it very often.

- of course: Do not travel.  :laugh:

- I would not order pizza or food when everyone is infected, but this is your choice. - But I will get some money and deposit here in my house, just in case I need it to pay someone when I am too sick to go to the bank.

I think its a lot I can do. If its all exaggerated, the worst thing which will happen is that my freezer is full of prepared delicious soups, my car is cleaned and I finally learned not to touch my mouth every second.

And I think that's it - I do not see anything I could do else? Do you?

3/11/20

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/11/world/coronavirus-news.html

"Coronavirus Live Updates: W.H.O. Declares Pandemic as Number of Infected Countries Grows."

".

Here’s what you need to know:

This is a global pandemic, the W.H.O. says.

“It is going to get worse,” a leading American scientist says.

Governments step up fiscal interventions as the virus threatens economies.

Germany warns that the worst is yet to come.

Stocks drop again, as investors wait for Trump to act.

As virus races across Europe, nations step up restrictions.

Delays in testing set back the U.S. coronavirus response.

."

This is what I do since I work in an environment with lots of people of different countries... but I would say there is not much you could do more, right?

- buy groceries the kind of you can survive 14 days alone on a sofa while having fever (soups ready to eat instead of rice you have to cook then)

- order some medication for diarrhea, cough, fever and some extra vitamins if you can tolerate it, maybe powder to make a solution with electrolyte - so in case you feel bad you do not have to call someone or drive to a pharmacy and so on..

- order the correct disinfectants, one for your hands, one for surfaces.

- if you need benzos to taper or any other kind of medication daily - stuck them up in order to be prepared for 4 weeks

- do not go to places where lots of people are

- do not shake hands, touch, kiss - also in your family!

- clean your hands several times a day for 30 seconds - thats as long as you can sing the full song "happy birthday" twice

- if you share bathrooms or kitchen do not use the same towels and wash everything very hot

- clean surfaces, door handles, anything you touch daily (car, sofa, pens, computer) with a desinfection spray which can really kill the virus, not every form of disinfection spray is able to do that

- wash your scarfs and things you wrap near your face often at 60° C

- if you are able to work from home, do it (where I live the companies send you into the home office anyway now)

- when you go to the supermarkets, choose a time when most people are not yet there or already gone and choose food packed in plastics. Yes, plastic is bad, but it prevents the food from being "contaminated" more, than if its laying just in a basket and everyone can touch it.

- if you can and you have a freezer, prepare some good soups and freeze them. If you really become sick you could then just warm it up and have a meal full of nutrients. Thats what I do at the moment.

- Last but not least: Make a document with emergency contacts in case you really become sick quickly,  all meds you are taking, the advice not to be given benzos or whatever.. and if you have a patient degree already, it makes sense to have all these papers prepared because in case you become sick, you do not want to search for the documents in your house.

- If you are quiet isolated, ask a friend to check on you every week or day just to make sure everyone is still okey

- Stick to a healthy diet and do what you have been doing before because you know your body the best

- In case you cannot get any masks or desinfectants any more, - use a scarf for the face and wash it every day, and clean your hands like I described it very often.

- of course: Do not travel.  :laugh:

- I would not order pizza or food when everyone is infected, but this is your choice. - But I will get some money and deposit here in my house, just in case I need it to pay someone when I am too sick to go to the bank.

I think its a lot I can do. If its all exaggerated, the worst thing which will happen is that my freezer is full of prepared delicious soups, my car is cleaned and I finally learned not to touch my mouth every second.

And I think that's it - I do not see anything I could do else? Do you?

That sounds like a well thought out plan Marigold.  :thumbsup:

Dont forget the pet food.. -Obviously only for those with pets..

Haha!! I forgot to add that one to my list, but JUST BECAUSE THE FIRST THING I ORDERED WAS THE FOOD FOR MY DOG :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Haha!! I forgot to add that one to my list, but JUST BECAUSE THE FIRST THING I ORDERED WAS THE FOOD FOR MY DOG :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh::D:laugh: 

Just dont order it through Amazon... -One might end up with very hungry pets... :(

(Bit of an in joke)

Just dont order it through Amazon... -One might end up with very hungry pets... :(

(Bit of an in joke)

:( :(

(Bit of an in joke)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I do get that one Can't

Marigold this is a great post! You have thought of everything!

(Bit of an in joke)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I do get that one Can't

Marigold this is a great post! You have thought of everything!

OK, Cant ordered a mower part from Amazon and it is way over due.  They are discussing what to do, but it seems more of a problem from the Australian side.  He's very annoyed  :(

Well just found out my office is closing due to concerns about corona. We are to work from home till April 1.

This is good news to someone like me that jumped last month and needs some alone time.

Well just found out my office is closing due to concerns about corona. We are to work from home till April 1.

This is good news to someone like me that jumped last month and needs some alone time.

Silver lining to the Covid cloud.  :thumbsup:

[6e...]